It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL. It may be because the area's I have travel tend to be tourist area's.

Dirty little secrets.

We have decided to swash the snowmobil deal. I couldn't find the equipment that I really trusted. ( for the price I was willing to pay) But my friend has assured me I will have plenty of oppotunities to go out with others.

So I am consentrating on Ice fishing. It has been suggested I get a pair of snow shoes. This is going to be an interesting winter for me. Alot of new learning for this gal.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hi AB!! (****waves)

Great idea for the story comp.

I have now submitted my own wee entry!

Link to MINIWORLD! story

kindest regards,
G

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Columbia county is right next door to Sauk (Home to Wisconsin Dells) and you are right, the main roads there are great, but go out on the State/County roads and prepare to have your spine and wheel alignment on your car readjusted.

My cousin had the road by his farm paved a decade or so ago and is now worse than when it was a gravel road.

I think it's a County tax scam myself.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That is a very interesting comment you made. Ya know tomorrow is election day. I have been doing alittle homework, to decide if I should vote or not. I'm leaning towards not. Because I don't feel confident in the little bit I know about Wisconsin politics.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I have a love/hate relationship with politics. No favorite team though and just like to look into the background of those we hire/elect to take care of our City/County/State/Country business. I usually end up voting across the board based on past performance.

But you did remind me of a conversation I had with my Dad the other day. He said it would be a cold day in hell if he ever voted for Mary Burke. When I asked why, he harumphed and ahhh'ed and finally said she had no experience in Gov't. Now I'm fairly conservative, but give people their due and pointed out that she was Secretary of Commerce and had run a successful business. He me told that was Bull[Snip] until my Mom pointed out that I was right and, "why is it that Doug lives in Ohio and knows more about Wisconsin politics than you?"
My Dad is hard core Repub and my Uncle is a rabid Dem. Makes for interesting family gatherings.
While some family stress over it all, I find it amusing.

Walker and team has done a lot to help the Rural folk, but not so much for the Urban folk. Burke would be the opposite in my opinion. No easy middle ground. So regardless, it'll be the same-o, same-o in Wisconsin regardless of who gets elected.

But one of the things I do like about Wisconsin politics, regardless of party affiliation is that it is not that populated and you can run into those you elect on a daily basis and hold their feet to the fire if need be. I find that to be fun as well.

I don't know, I was born to be "That Guy" I guess.

edit on 4-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hiya Night! I know...what the hell is TDawg doing up at 3am!?

Hint...I blame you!
But you'll have to U2U me to find out.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Hiya Night! I know...what the hell is TDawg doing up at 3am!?

Hint...I blame you!
But you'll have to U2U me to find out.

OK, I sent you a U2U, but you have to hurry because I have to get to bed. LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Sent

Mean, mean girl!

You remind me of my sisters devious sense of humor.

Ya can call me CrappieDawg today.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Hahahahahaha! OMG, I needed that laugh, really I did! Ok, Going to bed now. Good luck Honey! Walks off snickering.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.

Going to give it a whirl myself. Wish me luck.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Greetings my Friends!
Hope you slept well Dawg. Today is my day out. Hope my pain isn't too bad and I have some energy. With all my upcoming bills, looks like Linda and I will have to go somewhere really cheap for lunch. I'd like to find some amazing bargains for Christmas gifts to put away. Would also like to get an adapter thingy for my e-cigg so I can plug it in anywhere. I ordered another another e-cigg so I'll have one working while one is charging. As it stands I'm smoking regular ciggs while my current one is charging.

I would like to wish everyone a happy Tuesday and hope it's a good one!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Good morning Night, and all.

I have to clean cabins today, so I'm up early today. Then I have to take a friend to vote. I have decided not to vote this year. I just don't feel I'm informed enough to vote.

Night,
Enjoy your lunch with Linda. Make it good. Have a desert that is devilish. I love a waffle with Ice cream and smotherd in fresh strawberries. and loads of whip cream. LOL

Hey Dawg!!!! "Crappiedawg??? what???? Are you going fishing today for Crappie. They make a good fish fry.

Later folks. Got the afternoon off. Hope to be back.

Happy Tuesday.

Anybody else having issue's with U2U's ? Weird like it keeps wanting to fix or edite text

edit on 4-11-2014 by crappiekat because: to add
( probably cuz I don't check my spelling. LOL)
edit on 4-11-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Good Morning One and All!! Hope today will make You Smile, for whatever reasons!

@> Night - Nice Serene Image there of the Gal and Dragon. Made Me think of Her sitting on the edge of a large Garden outside of a Castle, just enjoying the company of the Little one! Hope You have a Good Day going out and about!

@> TDawg - You reminded me of the road I grew up on, in the Rural area outside of a small town, where the road used to be gravel. They used to oil it to keep the dust down and it would keep the rock together and would pack down tight and hard forming a decent surface for vehicles. Now it has been Black-Topped, and is covered in pot holes and is generally going to crap. They shouldn't have messed with what was fine at the time, Ya know? LOL! Progress, eh?! LOL!!!

@> Gordy - Cool Little Story there Bud! I was almost finished with my entry for the contest, last night, and finished this morning and was using the Fixers for the Story. Started it before you posted the link to yours so......Mine has actually a different angle using little people, (don't want to give any lurkers My idea so will not say more on it)...... Wasn't sure if I should go ahead and enter it for the reason of having mini humanoids in mine too and all...... Such a dilemma, right? LOL!!! (I am now thinking I will type it up from my story/notes I have hand written, and just go with it, having decided that Great minds think alike! LOL!!!)

@> Kat - Hi! I hope You requested from the Snow Gods to keep the white stuff up there by You?! It is cold and rainy/wet here under Chicago, and don't want it turning worse!! LOL!!!
edit on 4-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Hiya Kat!
I'm not voting either, they're all corrupt.

Have a good day!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hey all! just getting back from doing my civic duty. Kind of annoying though considering almost all the judges ran unopposed. They can't be doing that great of a job considering they locked up three or four last year for corruption. Maybe no one wants the job I guess? LOL

Night - I hope today goes good for you and you have an enjoyable visit with your friend. And yea, I finally did get some sleep.

Kat - "CrappieDawg" is in reference to how I spent a good portion of the night. If I was fishing at all, it was for toilet paper.
I blame NightStar
, since we were talking about High BP a bit back and I decided to up my dosage of Fish Oil to 1400 IU. My body wasn't ready for that.
But she gave me the idea and so I blame her.

Syx - Lovely, I usually get the weather from Wis. and Ill. a day later than you. I'd rather see snow than more cold rain to be truthful. They used to oil the road at my cousins farm as well (Back when it was my GrandPas place) and never had any issues. Now it's all potholes and washboard. Asphalt doesn't stand up to well to farm machinery on it as a daily basis.

You and everybody else...Have a GREAT day!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

LOL! I take 1000 IU. Haven't tried more than that. I'll see if it has been any help when I get my blood work results Friday.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I jumped from taking two 400 IU, twice a day with food to two 1400 IU twice a day with food.

Nothing says I should avoid that much though and will see if my body adjusts to it. Wish me luck! It has to be better than Statins.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

...@> Gordy - Cool Little Story there Bud! I was almost finished with my entry for the contest, last night, and finished this morning and was using the Fixers for the Story. Started it before you posted the link to yours so......Mine has actually a different angle using little people, (don't want to give any lurkers My idea so will not say more on it)...... Wasn't sure if I should go ahead and enter it for the reason of having mini humanoids in mine too and all...... Such a dilemma, right? LOL!!! (I am now thinking I will type it up from my story/notes I have hand written, and just go with it, having decided that Great minds think alike! LOL!!!)...

Indeed they do Mike!!! (...and fools....erm.... LOL) GO FOR IT!

originally posted by: Night Star

Hiya Kat!
I'm not voting either, they're all corrupt.

Have a good day!

ROFL!!

I'm such a dufuss!!! For a minute there I thought that you were talking about the story writing contest!!!! WHO's ALL CORRUPT??? THE WRITERS????? LOL Sorry!
Am all better now! LOL

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I jumped from taking two 400 IU, twice a day with food to two 1400 IU twice a day with food.

Nothing says I should avoid that much though and will see if my body adjusts to it. Wish me luck! It has to be better than Statins.

Phew! Doug!!! What the hell is THAT SMELL????? ROFL
Any other side effects?? blup blup blup

Ohh, BIG NEWS! mum went through her Hip-Op today!!! and is doing well!!
So, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
We've started (doing a surprise) redecorating her flat while she's in hospital, so it's all nice for her on her return home!

Hope you're all well!

Jacy - report in!!! NOW!!! (please?)

Gx

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yea...Jacy has been AWOL. Bailiff, Spank her!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm baaack!!! LOL

Damn Dawg, sorry to hear that. Heck I was all excited to think you were gonna come back with a good fishing report.

Well, I decided to vote after all. My buddy Jeff who is a vet, talked me into it. He said, I fought, as so many others have, to give you the right to vote. So I went in and voted for the candidates I knew about. I must say, I felt as though I did something good today.

Night, What are you doing to our Dawg? Ya got him sitting in one place all nite long? I gotta remember that the next time I want one of my boys not to go out. Fish Oil, Hmmmmm.

Hey Gordi, Glad to hear your mum is doing OK. Prayers of a quick and healthy recovery sent your way.

Has anyone heard from Jacy? I hope she is doing well.

Hey Syx, Well as far as cold. We will be getting ice up around the 15th of this month. So you all are just gonna have to deal with it. LOL

I won't even think about going out on the ice until there's at least 6 inches. There's alot of folks around here who do go out. But I don't expect to actually wet a line until New Years eve. Then its ON for me.

While I was waiting for my floors to dry, I went down to the lake and visually planned my hike to where I know those crappie live. It's really not too far of a walk. I guess it's gonna depend on how much snow we get. I may be getting those's snow shoes. And we may be getting that gator after all.

I know you all think I'm crazy. But I gotta tell ya, to me, Ice fishing is great fun, alot of work, but it's a labor of love. Just like Muskey fishing.

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join