It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Night Star

Yep... Too surreal.

Looking back on it, that was some straight up Salvador Dali crap lol!

yea...keep yer melting watches to yerself!

edit on 30-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I cannot believe neither of you picked up on the random salmon. I mean, nothing in the world could link tumble weed and salmon. The two things are never seen together in nature!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Maybe that's why we didn't link it in our minds. Ya think of that? But I did enjoy looking about Google trying to come up with an answer.

Damn, Foiled again!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Now if you had mentioned the Babel fish...I would have been all over that.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I cannot believe neither of you picked up on the random salmon. I mean, nothing in the world could link tumble weed and salmon. The two things are never seen together in nature!

Hahahahaha I didn't get the salmon part either. True, you're making my poor little brain hurt! LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Maybe that's why we didn't link it in our minds. Ya think of that? But I did enjoy looking about Google trying to come up with an answer.

Damn, Foiled again!

You cheated? Really? Hahaha!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Now if you had mentioned the Babel fish...I would have been all over that.

Oh my, I must have lost some brain cells along the way because I have no idea what either of you are talking about. Was this planned? It's a conspiracy I tell you! LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And I must burst yer bubble. Washington State has quite a Salmon population and plenty of Sage, which are often refereed to as tumbleweeds in the region and the are cooked up together, or rather smoked.

Quite tasty.

Don't test me young man.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Damn, Foiled again!

You cheated? Really? Hahaha!

Of course. If I don't know the answer, I try to look it up.

It's not really cheating by the way. Just furthering a education as I see it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hmmm, interesting. I didn't know that.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Well yes, but you see, what I posted was not a riddle. It was just bizarre, and had no actual purpose beyond that. If I had said babel fish, then the answer would have been 42, and the only way you could have arrived at the correct answer was to have stolen The Heart of Gold, but not before solving infinite improbability by running a whole heap of complicated mathematics through a good cup of tea.

Night Star, Babel fish are small yellow fish, which when placed inside the ear, worm their way in a bit, and feed off your brainwaves. In return, they allow those with whom they are in symbiosis, to understand any language, acting as a translator. They appear in a work of comedic science fiction by Douglas Adams, called A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sage bushes are rooted to the ground though, I know, I planted one outside my old primary school in the garden there when I was eight. The damned thing is twice my height and about twenty feet wide now!

Tumbleweed though, like you see in westerns... That's no sage I ever heard of!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Go to the local library and order up Douglas Adams "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" and the follow on books. You'll be be ROFL. I Guarantee it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Have you also read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, also by Douglas Adams? That is a laugh a paragraph book, as well as the following book The Salmon of Doubt.... Which is a weird coincidence to this conversation!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Sage does uproot. I've seen it. When I was in the Army we used to train at the Yakima range. Sage country. It did form tumbleweeds.

On the bright side though, after no showers for over a month, we did smell good.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Have you also read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, also by Douglas Adams? That is a laugh a paragraph book, as well as the following book The Salmon of Doubt.... Which is a weird coincidence to this conversation!

I did enjoy Dirk Gently's adventures, but I must admit that they weren't as good.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I guess we never see that here in Britain because we have no desert regions. They would never roll here for more than three yards before hitting a bramble and getting caught up in it!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Oh man...

Picture this... I had just finished reading the entire Hitchhikers arc of books, and I was down in the dumps. It was three in the morning, and I was using the laughs to get me through some rough crap that had been happening... And I was all out of Guide related funnies. And then I stumbled across the first of the Dirk Gently books. Three in the morning, stifling gales of laughter with my fist, and a pillow, so as not to wake my peeps up...

I found them gut wrenchingly hilarious!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I guess we never see that here in Britain because we have no desert regions.

Be thankful for that. Myself? I can't stand the desert. Everytime I hear some one looking out over the desert and saying, "It;s so beautiful!" I want to slap them upside the head. "IT"S DIRT AND SAND! NOT MUCH GROWS HERE!"

But on the other hand, they do have some great stargazing nights.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I've been trying to emulate Doug Adams in my writings as I think he's brilliant. (God rest his soul)

I think that this is the closest I've come to it, but of course, ran into writers block.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join