It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Dawg picked himself up off the deck and offered a arm to Homer.

"Well, Hell! So much for the Phalanx! I told ya! She got right through (thank Dawg!)with nary a blip! There's your tech for ya True!"

Jane looked about..."What's wrong, guys?"

Dawg waved his arm at True..."Well he's being a obstinate idiot, and..."

True bellowed, "Well, if ya done what I told ya!"

Jane looked at Homer who shrugged and replied, "Well I'm just along for the ride..."

Jane swelled. "Enough! You're all idiots!"

The three guys had all huddled together by now.

"Boy is she a cranky b*tch." Homer uttered.

"I think we had not piss her off any more than she already is...Homer, offer her food." Dawg nudged Homer towards the grill.

"I got a idea!" True exclaimed. "Let's offer her rum!"

Dawg snorted. "Oh yea, there's an idea...just like the Phalanx. Your full of good ideas True. Let's get the angry woman drunk...nothing can go wrong there."

Jane looked around with a stern glare. "Yes, I'm hungry and thirsty, but why don't we put this ship to sail? And guess what?! You idiots are going to do it!"

Dawg looked over his shoulder at Homer. "I thought you said this was going to be fun?"

Homer looked up. "Yea, I could have been wrong about that one."

In the meantime, True could be heard in the background..."Jane! This is my ship!"

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Suddenly Night Star appeared seemingly from nowhere. "Did someone say rum?" She quickly found the bottle and took a huge gulp and passed the bottle to Jane. The guys in unison yelled "NOOOOO!"

"What?" asked Night. "Was it something I said?" Jane offered the bottle back and Night Star took another huge gulp.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: jacygirl

My big thing is, recently anyways, is I want to kayak or canoe Lake Erie. Not a good thing to do on your own. But I'm nearing the point where I will do it. Why? Just because.

I'll join you, once I learn to swim - Canoeing is on my bucket list, and I may actually do it out on one of my metro parks during the summer (they offer life vests, so I should be alright).

@Tsu - psh, you need the SPF 100 sunscreen I've discovered. In theory, that stuff should keep you protected for a year.

@Gathering & Co - Glad to hear everyone made it home safe.

@All those with a tough situation - Prayers are going out, one by one. Just because I wasn't "here" doesn't mean I didn't read anything.

And now for some story time on my mood.

I started the day
, because I took the day off as I was being awarded for some of my volunteer work. As the day passed on by I slowly became
because I couldn't send out a particular crystal, and found that the one place I thought my instrument could be restored didn't do it anymore. No big deal, right?

And then, my intuition kicked in, sending me to
. For, unbeknownst to me, something was brewing on the horizon. For you see, although I set my status at work to "Out of Office", apparently no-one reads statuses, emails, or takes a peek to see if I'm at my desk at work. The next series of smiley's represent my facial expressions after opening my inbox for the day.

I really do wish people would actually look at my calendar before doing something - if you hover over my name, it says "User XYZ is out of the office on a vacation day". It's not a "Hey, I'm working from home day", but a real vacation day.

Sorry to unload...This place is keeping my stress levels down to a tolerable level

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Okay American Shedders
The New World Gather
North Carolina
Brown Mountains
September
BE THERE!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Homer looked at Dawg and said, "It's gonna be another night of the angry woman."

Dawg looked dumbfounded. "Why do you say that?"

"Dude! Where have you been? You really are a idiot...you know that? You keep talking about five sisters and you don't get it?"
edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Okay American Shedders
The New World Gather
North Carolina
Brown Mountains
September
BE THERE!!!

Dawg I hope that it isn't during the time of my family reunion.

And if it isn't. I'm bringing my tent.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

When's the reunion?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

When's the reunion?

I'm not sure yet. My sister out in Washington is dictating the time line. All I know is September. I'm sure I'll have a date soon.

edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Get a date and we will work around that
What say you Shedders? Will September work for everyone else?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Get a date and we will work around that
What say you Shedders? Will September work for everyone else?

If work lets me, it might be a possibility.

I could use a vacation away from the monotony of life.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Well Foss, I may just take you up on that. While knowing how to swim is a good thing, life preservers are good as well

But you'll have to travel to Ohio to make the trip. It is Lake Erie after all. And to be truthful, I'm kind of excited. We could die during the trip.
Though I don't think so. But that is one of the things that makes it a adventure, ain't it?

Pretty exciting! Right?

edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Psh, I can make it to Ohio in a couple hours - you better let me get used to the water on my small, 20ft deep lake here before I get out on the big water; don't want to chicken out and stay close to shore while you contemplate who to bring over from Canada.

At least if I wind up in the water, I won't have to worry about sharks to pull me back down again. Then again, I've heard stories about Lake Erie; isn't there a dead zone somewhere in there?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I'm thinking a straight across shot...with GPS. And of course Jacy will have to meet us there or all will be for naught. But it is fifty miles or so.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I'm good with that. However I met my last girl online and because what I have learned...I will NOT let you kiss me.

All I can say is...EWWWW!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yep, definitely let me get used to the water then. If I chicken out, you're more than welcome to come up my way and teach me the proper way; there's plenty of small lakes & rivers up here to try out.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You probably have bad breath anyhow

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Good morning all

I think I'm finally sufficiently recovered from the weekend to look at the screen without having to wear shades

I've a lot of catching up to do, so I'll catch you all later after work

Have a great day one and all

Cody

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Go guys!!!! Yay!
It's great to see you all scheming and planning

50 miles across Erie???? That's only 5 bike rides around Cumbrae!
Are you guys figuring you are not that terribly far apart after all?

@Homer....your Brown Mountain meet up in September could tie in brilliantly with our 'penciled in' meet up on the Beacons for a meteorite show! How cool would that be?!

@Foss....keep an eye on your in box

"Right" said Jane putting the cork back in the rum. "Come on Night, we need to do a head count. Do you fancy doing all the animals, and I'll do the other kind?" she grinned.
"Well, I think I just heard Cody board" said Night.
"I think we're probably just waiting on Gordi and Tsu to get back. Woodsmom will probably be with Tommy somewhere. Lets get cracking, Homer and Dawg can get breakfast ready and then if everything is tickedyboo, we can hoist the sails and set off."
"Can't wait! I'm so excited I'm like a kiddy in a sweetie shop" said Night.
"I'm just going to lock this rum away in the cabinet"

*flitpoof*
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Seems like I've been missing all the fun around here lately, guess it must be my really bad timing. All this talk of rum has gotten me thirsty but ya'll can keep that stuff. I'll stick to the home brews that have called the mountains home for over a century.

*Pulls out a mason jar and takes a sip.........*
Ahhhhhhhhh.......... homemade apple 'shine

edit on 4-6-2014 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Steady as you go there with the 'shine' Gimme....you're in charge of this beauty....

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join