It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hahahahaha! Hiya Bones! Morning Syx and everyone! Afternoon across the pond!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Evening Night Star!

I just had a super busy day of shifting crap around in our store. It's all had a total blitzing, shifting, shaking, routine done on it! I am BUSHED!

How's your day been?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hiya Guys! I underwent a attitude adjustment this past weekend. My bud gave me a no-notice call to watch his place. So the weekend turned into days and nights of chores, (Lots of burning again, I finally reduced one of the larger trees into a stump using fire...always fun), Much libations, fireworks, and a mussel/clam bake as well, and of course, good company. He has some awesome neighbors! I feel blessed to know him and his family. I consider them my own as well.

So I'm starting out the week on a good note, even though my NFL team got crushed yesterday.
Ya wins some, ya loses some.

On a downer note though (but with a sense of humor as well), My, what I term, my "Pooper Shoot Photo Shoot" (Colonoscopy) has finally been scheduled and unfortunately I have to start my cleansing routine the day before Thanksgiving.
I'm not looking forward to that, but at the same time, kinda am. Never done it before, so it should be something different.
I hope I can report back with a nasty, but good and humorous tale.

What's that? TMI?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yo Dawg Bud!! Good ta see Ya!!! Having had a colonoscopy years ago, I was gonna tell You about one part that was NOT fun!
( Hmm, maybe I should just let ya find it out on yer own?! No, that would be devious indeed, but......
)

I'll send a U2U to Ya if You want to know about it.

Glad to have Ya around again!!! Later, Syx.
edit on 27-10-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hello my fine men!

My day started off having to help Mom before I even had a cup of coffee. She could barely move because of the pain in her knee. Then I did laundry at my house and began cleaning out and sorting through tons of clothes and shoes in my closet and my God, I have a lot of hangers!
I swear they were breeding in there!

Dawg, I should have had a colonoscopy 6 years ago when I turned 50 and have avoided it so far. I have other expensive tests and Doctors appointments to worry about this year.

Hope you are resting up nicely True after your busy day.

Waves hello to Syx and his Bone dragon.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I'm pretty sure I know what that portion that is not fun is. Been reading up on it.

The following tale is from a author I immensely enjoy. Almost always funny and he discusses his time in the chute. (Pun intended)

I found it frighteningly hilarious!

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Got home after working late... My sister, my brother in law, and our friend were sat on the couch, one using my laptop, the other two using my PS3, and therefore the television, and the number of people in the room was making it far too warm to be in after the day I just had. So I went straight up to my room, and am joining you now from the relative comfort of my bed, in front of the fan.

To be honest, that whole scenario made me want to break something dense over my own skull, it was that frustrating, but I have not said a word on that to anyone downstairs. I am just going to chill out up here. Its a bummer, because all I wanted to do was come in, collapse on the couch, watch some CSI, and then pass out. I really needed not to have a house full tonight, but it's not my call. The matriarch is the one who makes the rules around these parts, and she has no issues with it, mostly because she does not relax after work in the same fashion, and therefore does not notice the imposition.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Glad you could escape into the sanctuary of your room True.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sometimes a house full of people is a good thing, other times, not so much. I think that is one of the reasons I'm still single and living alone. I can make my own schedule. After I got out of the Army the first time, I went to work at a foundry, second shift, and had a roomie that would have parties any given day & hour.

I always questioned myself in those times. Coming home exhausted to people who smile when they greet you, good music, drinks, etc. And all I wanted to do at the time was go to bed. Yep, it can be annoying at times.
edit on 27-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Room mate, good people and drinks or not, I would of had excused myself and went to bed. Seriously, I would have, unless it was a Friday and I knew I'd have the weekend to catch up on my sleep.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

LOL!! I have read Dave's column on more than a few occasions. This one is def one of His Best! What a riot He is, and even when talking about something like this!!
So, I'll just tell Ya about mine for a sec. I had nothing to alleviate any pain. They said I would not need anything. LIERS!!
When almost done, mostly until now it was as okay as it could be, then they turned the end of the probe with the camera on it around!!! Oh My Fu_-_-g God it hurt!!! I about jumped off the table and thought I was going to pass out!!! Then when they turned it back the right way, it was just as bad! If EVER I have to do one again, I want to be either extremely Buzzed from pain meds, or just have em knock me out!!! LOL!!! Man what an ordeal.
They could not find the reason for my, then, seriously painful lower intestional pains. Was like being stabbed, then having the knife twisted around!! They did see some irritated areas, but deemed them nothing to worry about at that time. But to note that if probs persisted, to have it checked again. REALLY?!??! I was thinking how they could NOT be serious!!! LOL!!! Some people are just down right sadistic, me included I guess at times, but not to the point that I want to have ANYONE endure what I had just gone through!!! Wowsas!!!

I know it's a little ways off, but will wish You the Best of Good Luck now, for when You have Your encounter with the probe, and look forward to some tales from You!!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh yes... Levering off the top of a skull, while screaming blue murder at the sky through a blood filled throat level of annoying.

But at least I have my cloister, and access to the greatest collective of dudes and dudettes ever assembled in one place!

@Night Star...

Sanctuary is exactly the right word. Actually, asylum is the exactly correct word, but sanctuary sounds less harrowing lol!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Asylum it is then. LOL

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I love this line from the article.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but: Have you ever seen a space shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

Yea...looking forward to that experiance...NOT! I should just eat a crapload of sugar free gummi bears!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

At the time, I was living in a 14x70 mobile home. One day when I arrived home after a particularly bad day at work, I heard all sorts of raucous behavior and lost it. I body blocked the mobile home. Knocked it off one of the corner foundations (Stacked concrete blocks) and almost everybody lost their footing. The screams of panic from the inside were most satisfying.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

OMG Hahahahahaha!!! Glad I put it off.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So that stuff works, by a very simple system it seems... if you still have organs in your abdomen after a meeting with the stuff, then you must be healthy!?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hmmm...don't really know yet. Though I may just buy me some vodka like the article suggests. Get so slobbering drunk that I don't care if I'm sitting on the commode for hours.

I actually went out and bought a longer cable so I can have the interwebz in the lou.

I'm not looking forward to the experience, but I am trying to prepare for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

May God have mercy on your colon!

Best of luck in any case chap. If I hear an anguished wail on a breeze out of the west, I shall think of you!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well without saying too much more Bud, the cleansing is not even a prob, compared to what I went through. Hopefully the Hosp where You will have this done keeps with the times, and gives some form of either pain relief, or sedative, or better yet, BOTH!! LOL!!!

The bit about Nuclear Laxitive was funny as Hell!! No doubt about it!! LOL!!!

I Liked this part too,
"Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in their MoviPrep. At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house." Cracked Me up!!! LOL!!!

I saw where You talked about going off at yer trailer some years ago and knocked it off part of it's Block Foundation! I take it saying You went Ballistic, maybe a bit of an understatement??!!! LOL!!!!

I can see how that would happen. Since I've known You, Ya seem pretty laid back, mostly, at most things. But we are afterall, animals, and when backed into a corner, or pushed over the line, We can and do, resort to some pretty Primal Tactics!! Hey, It's our survival instinct, so I don't have a problem with people acting in such ways, if totally necessary. Problem is when some people do that kind of stuff, just for their pleasure, ya know?

Kind of gives Us Humans a Bad Reputation when We are being talked about, at a Deep Space Diner, InterGalactic Dinner Table!! LOL!!!

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join