It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
Right you lovely lot...

I am off to bed, for there is a training event that my colleague and I need to attend tomorrow, and it involves being up before dawn, and gone from here before 7.30am!

Good grief.

Anyway, night all. May you all be blessed.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I hope to be at the next one, if I can afford it, and can get the time off.

However, I am an unabashededly incapable of wearing uniforms. So if I am able to turn up, I will do so in my regular guise, of the animate shadow.

Oh c'mon! A T-shirt does not make a uniform. You can always wear your red tie to give ya that sense of individuality if ya need it. Though I believe that all our personalities would do that quite well on our own.

edit on 2-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Grammer....Always with the spelling! Harumph!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:38 PM
Hiya Shedders!

I'm kind of living on coffee and paracetamols here, neither are really kicking in.

Fossi, you won't believe this but we actually got sun burn in Scotland! No one even noticed until we got back to the flat lol.

Homer, I'm so sorry we didn't give you updates! We stuggled to get the signal that we did, but I'm sure everyone will keep the updates coming now.

Night Star, I'm so sorry to hear about mark, I'm sure everything will be OK though. I know it probably doesn't feel like it but I'm sure you are going to be happy again.

My Dad had a mini stroke three days before Xmas just gone, there's no lasting damage though, it was more of a warning that he couldn't keep on the way he was. I'm sure Mark will be just fine, just take it one day at a time and tell him to avoid all stress. Much love and positive vibes to the both of you.

I can't get on with my real name either, (Sadie) I was telling the gatherers that I want to change my name to Tsu by deed poll.

Everyone? As Cody has mentioned there will probably be another gathering here in Wales (home of the sheep
) and you are all welcome to pop over to visit, we just have to try to time it with meteor showers or something to make use of the dark sky status. Rod that includes you but be aware that I know exactly how many frogs I have in the pond and I will be taking roll call on them hourly. They are NOT snacks.

I'm going to try to get some more sleep in now, and try to wake up feeling a bit more human tomorrow. Nite nite all, take care.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hiya Dawg, thanks for the video of my Nan (the Queen) waving me off at the airport, it was very thoughtful of you.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:32 AM
a reply to: Tsu322

Fossi, you won't believe this but we actually got sun burn in Scotland!

Speak for peelywally southerner!
....I just went 'browner'!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:32 AM
Tsu, do we get to see pics of all the cute frogs?????

I love hanging out with my great nephew, he is always bringing a pet or two or three outside. LOL Yesterday we had his tortoise out and a baby turtle. Another day it was one of his snakes and his guini pig.

Gordi, Arlie is beautiful! A new baby boy for ATS!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Mark is still having tests done. So far everything is checking out fine, but he is not fine. They are trying to find a blockage.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
OK! Now that the Gathering has come and past…it’s time to return to the story. Yea…I can be a taskmaster and idiot all at the same time.

“Where is everybody?” Dawg asked as he looked out over the railings.

True looked at him like he was daft. “they be off reconnoitering another place, ye know that! Yaargh!” he put in for emphasis. “Now if you’ll be so kind as to grease the Phalanx’s gears, I would be quite pleased.”

“Yea, yea.” Dawg passed by Homer at the grill preparing dinner and glanced at him, “I have a feeling that they’re having fun.”

Homer looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “What’s wrong with that?”

“What’s wrong!?” Dawg raised the 5-gal bucket of grease in one hand and the grease gun in the other. “This is what’s wrong. Half of our crew is off gallivanting around the auld sod, Syx and CC are over there doing whatever they do,” pointing at an airship, “but we haven’t heard hide nor hare from them in a while. Doc, Foss and Serg are flitting about and I haven’t the slightest clue as neither where they are nor what they are up to. Jacy seems to be in between. With the exception of y’all, I think that the only one I can say with any certainty at all as to where I know someone is Gimme.”

“And where is Gimme?” Homer asked.

“Chasing Trains in West Virginia.” Dawg answered.

Homer flipped the steaks on the grill all the while smiling. “And what do you want?”

Dawg dropped the bucket and the grease gun. “Adventure! I want adventure again!”

“You’re already on an adventure Dawg, relax, it’ll all come in good time.”

Meanwhile True shouted from the con. “Clean that up! You know what a glob of grease can do to a deck?!”

Dawg whirled on True, “No! Why don’t you tell me!” He shouted.

True looked down at the deck. “Well it can’t be good.” He mumbled.

“Oh, this one is going to be fun.” Homer thought

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM

Aww....that was so great!!
I'm here, lurking about lol...
I peeked in here earlier and saw that everyone was gone, so it's nice to see you Dawg!

I'm cooking supper right now, so I'm kind of 'flit-poofing' in and are you doing?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
.......all of a sudden, there was a torpedo flash of rainbow light.
"Incoming" yelled True from the crows nest.
Dawg and Homer instinctively dived for the deck.
There was a loud crash and cloud of dust as the rainbow hit the deck of The Dragon. The boys looked up to find Jane dusting herself off and straightening her bib 'n' braces, grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm home! What's for supper? I'm bloody starving! True.....where've you hidden the rum?"

edit on 3-6-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm OK...though as you can see, I'm bored at the moment. Summer is almost here and there are things I want to do, but no one to share them with. The projects at the farm are on hold until the baby gets older. So, no power tools. LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:36 PM

Oh hun, I'm bored too.
I have regular (at home) things to do, I just don't want to, lol...lacking in ambition.
My mind is kind of blank...can't even really write anything worthwhile.

Is there an emoticon for 'meh'?

Why yes there is, geez....

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM

My big thing is, recently anyways, is I want to kayak or canoe Lake Erie. Not a good thing to do on your own. But I'm nearing the point where I will do it. Why? Just because.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
Oi....come on you two! Cheer up!
I know that's rich coming from somebody who has just had an 'away trip', but I can empathise, there's not much worse than boredom to make one maudlin.

Jacy...go get some flowers and arrange them in your bestest vase. you have anything that needs fixing you can do at home? Take a walk seeing as the weathers better. I dunno...I'm not a bloke.

Wish I could do something to cheer you two up.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
a reply to: angelchemuel

Jane...aww, thank you! I'm okay, cooking today lol.
But there are no holidays to look forward to, and money is always at the beginning of the summer, when everyone is talking about vacations, etc...I get a little down.

I am going to get some flowers for my balcony this week, and will putter around outside with them, haha.

Dawg, I'm not far from Lake Erie...paddle on over and we'll have a picnic!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM

I believe that life is an adventure, and I am immensely pleased that you had some "Shed" time. There once was a day when I could do that myself without a second thought. But alas, those days are gone. For now anyways.

But I need a adventure myself I feel. I've got the travel bug again. But I think I'm going to start small with some river trips first. Kind of get a feel for things.

I really, really want to get back to the UK and Europe again...I miss it. (That's the history junkie in me!)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
a reply to: jacygirl're smiling!

Look guys, things are really tight for me too. The only way I was able to get up to Scotland was because I hung out for cheap tickets. Add to that, as luck would have it, I happened to need to travel at cheap times, which at a certain point came up even cheaper. Otherwise, I promise you I would not have been able to make it.

I can't help you with your fear of flying jacy...but there you go, Dawg wants to do it's there...on the horizon, and each day just brings it a step closer.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM

lol...I'm smiling!

I wasn't whining, just kind of commiserating with Dawg, haha.
I'm not near the ocean, but luckily there are a lot of lakes and beaches about an hour's drive away.

I'm always a little weird when the seasons change. It takes me a while to get used to the winter...and then the same when summer gets here. After time, I adapt...sit in the sun...plant flowers...and drive to the beach.

I just need to retrieve my mojo, lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:24 PM

The thing is Jane, is that I think I have become accustomed to traveling long distances without thinking twice. I blame that on the size of the US. And being a military brat and joining the military, etc, etc. Until recently, I've always traveled the world...though I never made it to Aus/NZ. (Big Bummer! They don't know what they've missed! Or maybe they do!)

I'm not depressed by a long shot. But I do plan my adventures these days...that's the quandary I'm at.
edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM

Where's my storm's?! Everytime you get slapped with Mother Nature I usually do to.

Now during the winter months, it was pretty reliable. But when it comes to thunder-boomer storms...I ain't seeing squat this year.

Can't chase if there isn't anything to chase.
edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM

OH, and if I did paddle across Lake Erie...would you be there to meet me? (Yes you can bring your boyfriend). I'd hate to go through all that trouble, just to paddle back empty handed.
edit on 3-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>