It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

OH Heck I never gave my folks a hard time. I was an angel. LOL LOL

And looking back. (Thank you for reminding me) I too was a me me me kid. And I do thank the heavens for my parents. They were good hard working people and If not for them I would not have what I have today. They did a good job!!!

Just what I'm trying to do.

Naw, these pine needles are old and dry. Now come christmas time I have a plan to cut some branches off a few of these puppies and really make the house smell good. Every year we always get a real tree. I love that smell. It just makes everything say home. That and when I do baking around the holidays. You just can't beat those smells.

Ok, I am settling down for the nite. Gonna go back and read what Nite added to the story. Gonna watch Iyanla Fix my life on OWN. This dude has 34 children with I think 6 Moms. What a duche. And these women love him. I think the dude plays football or some kind of sport. Money Money.

I'll be around
Be Well
Crappiekat

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

If I may say something. Don't get a couple of snowmobiles, but rather a ATV or two. Snowmobiles, while fun are pretty seasonal, while you can use a ATV year round. John Deere makes some nice ones, and I guarantee that there is a dealer near you there so maintenance should not be to much of a hassle. Something along these lines maybe...

You can do tons of yard work with it. Haul wood for the fireplace, plow the driveway and some even have tow behind mowers, etc, etc. And they are also just plain fun to zip around in for grins and giggles.

Of course, you do realize that they come in Packers colors, but you can order another color if need be.

edit on 11-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Ha Ha The first thing I noticed was the color. A gator eh.

My friend who owns the resort is thinking about getting one. He doesn't have alot of Ice fisherman, but now that we are up here he's thinking about it.
We have our special places to fish and the only way to get there would be a gator.

As far as duel purpose you are right. But in my situation I think this year it's gonna be snowmobiles. It will be a good thing for the kids, and for me, it will keep me socializing. I can sometimes be a real loner. This is the snowmobile capitol of the US Dude. We even have a museum.
Two I think. One in St Germain and another in Eagle River.

So if we don't enjoy them we can sell them and get a gator.

How has you day been Dawg? Hope well.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The day has been good, nothing special, nothing bad. I'm good with that.

I'm leery of snowmobiles these days. Actually have been since my late teens, when a friend of ours was beheaded after he ran into a electric fence that some one had put up across the trail. The same trail that the State had received permission and paid the farmer to maintain. He ended up in prison for that. But it was sobering to say the least.

Before that, we used to make the run from my Uncles in Hillsboro, WI up to Hayward all the time. Great fun. After that incident, we pretty much stuck to the lakes, screaming around at high speeds.

But another caveat, I also had a bud who contracted out his services as an ice diver to recover equipment (and sometimes bodies) from the lakes in the winter.

Be careful.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Fishing bodies out of water. Man, that must be a helluva job!

Hiya Dawg!
Hiya Kat!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yea, we used to pour warm water into the wetsuits to increase dive time. Otherwise, within minutes, hypothermia will set in and then you have another body to recover. Even doing that meant a limited dive time. Dangerous stuff. To top that off, most lakes are not that clear with visibility of maybe 5-10 feet if you have a dive light and when you add a ice sheet over it, it's still quite dark and for the most part finding anything is done by feel.

Never did it myself though, I was always on the support side of things. That alone kept me busy the times I helped out.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Down in Illinios I lived in a town called Wauconda. My neighborhood was actually a row of houses on farm land. We had trails all around us. I was told a story of a young man who was decapitated just like your story. As far as I know there was no punishment for the land owner. (Maybe he was tresspassing)

But yea I have thought about the safety factor and from what I have gotten from everyone around here, the trails are well maintained an no one that I have spoken to has heard of any problems. Oh yes there are stories of horror. Remember that news reporter from Chicago years ago that got killed. (Don't know how to Link in google) (another thing I have to work on) But that was a huge story.
I personally, am not into driving fast, but just being able to truck along at my own pace and see the landscape and nature around. And the fact that the trails have stopping points. (A bar or Restaurant) where you can get to make friends and socialize. I need that right now in my life. Winters can be very isolating time up here. And the more you keep busy, the better off you are. Yes, I do have a full plate with my boys, and I do some stuff with church. And work. So for me it is a good thing. At least for now. I have to find my nich up here. So the more I interact with others I will find where I belong.

Does that make sense?

Hey Night. I see Ya!!!! LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hell, Ice Fishing is dangerous. But we try to very careful.

Talk about recovery. In Wauconda, they used to bring alot of the neighboring communities together on Bangs lake. Cut theses huge holes in the ice and do training. Cool thing to watch.

I've got some of my own scary stories on the ice.
edit on 11-10-2014 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It has been awhile since I've heard similar stories for me as well. In the case I mentioned, the farmer while questioning, mentioned that he hated the snowmobilers because the messed up his TV reception. (This was back in the seventies). At my Grandpas, we always knew when our cousins were coming down the valley as the TV would make a "BREEeeeee" sound as they got closer.

Anywho, upon further questioning, he admitted to laying out the fence, using the excuse that it was keeping his cows on the property. He lost the court case, the farm and probably even his life while in prison as he was quite old.

I don't think that'll be a problem these days.

I just worry I guess, after being such a wild child in my younger years and now paying the price these days. I guess it's because I heal slower now. I'm still a adventurer these days, but like you, I now take the time to see whats around me.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yea, I hear ya. I try to be so careful in everything I do. But if I stopped doing stuff I wouldn't be living.

I love adventure. Bring it on life!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well, I guess no one is around to follow up on the story. I guess it could go anywhere at this point.?

I love that you have your White Wolf besides you.
edit on 11-10-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just poking my head in. I'm watching true haunting stories on youtube. Love that stuff!

Kat, don't go falling in through the ice this Winter.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Well, I guess no one is around to follow up on the story. I guess it could go anywhere at this point.?

I love that you have your White Wolf besides you.

Go for it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
OH wait.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Gordi had ideas to go to another Island to find treasure. I myself don't know how to go any further until others post.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
OH wait.

For what? You gonna fart? Thanks for the warning!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oh Jeez, Don't even say that!!!!

I am going to be fishing a lake this winter that I have never been on in the winter.

I know where the humps are. One called Preacher Bar. You can always catch fish there. But going out on the ice is going to be a tad scary and yet so exciting. When your fishing on Ice, you really have to be careful about flows. That can make the ice very unstable. In order to get to where I wanna go, I have to go through a inlet. But My buddy jeff knows the lake better than I do. So I will follow his lead.

What channel is that? I will turn it on. Spooky!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don't know why, but I always find the sound of Ice cracking at midnight to be...exhilarating. Scary? Yes, but exciting as well.

We have ice fishermen down here in Ohio that get stranded every year on Lake Erie, trying to milk it out and the ice breaks and off they float. The Coasties have to rescue them every time. Makes me wonder how many ice shanties, trucks and snowmobiles/ATVs are at the bottom of that lake.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Right now I'm watching this one.

[youtubevid]PLYSnmBufN78xDJDxvGUAUo14JAEqQTdxn[/youtubevid]

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
GRRRRRRRRR that has been happening to me lately. Why won't my vids post anymore?????

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join