It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Fairly chilly here as well. It did get below 32 last night and is supposed to reach 50 later in the day.

I did poke around the search function a bit and realized I gave you some daunting advice. I would ask Cody, since he is in the avatar creations group or even the person who created your new avatar that you want to upload.

I tried changing my avatar about six months ago and it took quite a bit to get it back to where it is now. Such a pain at the time I decided it was good enough. Then again, you have people like Slayer69 and Syx who change avatars as the mood strikes them, which apparently is often.. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Good Morning shedders.

Is anybody here. I figured out how to download an avatar.

Now how do I change that to a picture that another member has offered me for halloween?

Here you go crappiecat
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its easy but make sure to put the transparent gif
as your avatar and and the picture you want to be seen
as your mini profile background

Cody

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Oh ok, I read that, but wasn't sure it was what I needed.

Thank you Cody.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yep, thats about the same here. When I get up this early to go out, I always expect to change clothes at least once. LOL

I have been trying co-ordinate my long johns with my outfit so I can remove layers. I can't wear my fishing clothes all the time. Not like vacation time.

Rumors have it from the locals, we should be seeing snow in a couple of weeks. I guess the kind that sticks this time

LOL LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
ooooh Kat, I LOVE your wildcat avatar!!!!!

Oh, have to go to the doctor's for my yearly check up. Be back later folks!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Lookin' GOOD Kat!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yo T! Hey I resemble that remark!! LOL!!!
"Then again, you have people like Slayer69 and Syx who change avatars as the mood strikes them, which apparently is often.. LOL"

I figure that since we can change our avatar's whenever we want to that I will do just that!! LOL!!!

So I wiped out my hard drive and installed a newer copy of Win XP. It won't let me put in Google Chrome for my browser!

I loved that browser. Now I am using Firefox. it is similar, but definitely not the same...... Still trying to get used to it.

Oh, Hello everyone! Hope the day suits You well!!! I'm going to do a copy/paste of part of the letter Gordy wrote me so we can all see where the story is now, and some maybe's for where we can or should take it. I'll drop it in here after a while. Gotta wake up some more first.
Now where is that coffee pot?!...... Ahhh! There it is!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hi Kat! I really like that WildCat you have there! So Kool!! Here's a holloween cat, if you want him.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordy. Sorry I haven't written back yet. Lot's goin on here...... I figured that posting this part will help others too, to see where we are at in the story.

Ok Guys, this from Gordy.

"I'm kinda lost on where we were with the main story...
Last I remember...
We had a big meeting round the fire outside the cave, and decided to FREE the wizard by letting him use the Dragonstones?

So, I guess he would say his thank you's, goodbyes etc then leave in a big flash of light and thunder?

We'd all set sail again... and arrive back on Hispaniola.
(Could take some "fixers" with us?)
We'd Find the "X".
Dig up the "treasure" (which would probably be something different entirely (not actual treasure)!!! BIG TWIST in the storyline??)
And... then set off on our next adventure?
or
Return to the Shed maybe?"

Ok, so put on yer thinkin caps people!
I gotta fly off for a while. Be back later. Syx......

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi Syx,

Thank you for the offer. I have one I want to use, I just have to set it. I'm learning to do this.

I'll get it.

Hope your having a good day.

I'm off to do more raking. Jeez, Pine Needles are a pain. But I love the free mulch.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Kat is experiencing attack of the pine needles. Here it's yellow leaves and a blanket of them.

Every time I go to the doctors they find something new that's wrong with me. God I hate that! I now have a slightly enlarged heart. Lovely. I'm on two different blood pressure meds, just changed one of them for a new kind. Trying yet another new depression pill and have another urinary track infection. She said borderline infection. Like what?? Either I have one or I don't. LOL So on anti biotic for that. They would like an echo cardiogram done and are going to see if they can give it to me at a discount rate because I have no insurance.

Cost 50.00 to see the Doc. about 75.00 for a few kinds of meds I needed. Next I'll have a mammogram that should cost me a pretty penny.

I hate being human. These bodies fall apart after a while. LOL

Autumnfest weekend. Actually Columbus day, but we have this festival every year with food crafts and entertainment. I have no one to go with. That is one thing I can walk around because they have plenty of low walls, benches and picnic tables to sit at when I get sore. Oh well, such is my life.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

After you use your Halloween one for a while, I hope you bring the wild kitty back!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you.

Isn't she purrrr ty!

Just stopping in to say Hi, and see if you guy's have figured out where the shed story is going to go. I know it's hard with some members not being able to be around because of busy lives. You guy's had such a great story going.

I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going to go.

Night, I hope your doctors appointment went well today. Coming into the winter months, we all need to be eating right and making sure we take care of ourselves. Tonight I had planned to work on a few project, but I'm not feeling into doing much tonite. Raking all those pine needles wore my butt off. And I still have alot to do.

Anyway, I think I 'm going to say good nite for now. I may be back later. But I keep hearing this small voice calling me from the family room. It's saying "Kat, Oh Kat, come lay down and curl up on me and rest. LOL

See ya later guys.

Crappiekat

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ah, I see you posted about your appointment.

Enlarged heart? How does that come about? Do you have to worry about water around the heart? Sounds kinda scary. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.
$50 for a doctors app. isn't bad. I just had to renew my insurance because of the move. I went from $50 to $125.00 a visit. I said WHAT??? Are they using gold plated stethascopes?
Not to get too personal, but I know that Walmart has a prescription program, that for certain meds, (if you can get generics) they have a program where you only pay $10.00 a month per script.
I too, take BP meds, and with that program it only costs me $30 for a 3 month supply. And... If say I run out and can't get to the doctor if he needs to sign off on a refill, they have given me a weeks worth or what ever until I can get in to see the doctor. In my case that happened with this move. They were so nice and really calmed my nerves.

Autumnfest sounds like fun. If I could I would go with you. I love to check out all the crafts people do. Some folks are so talented. Heck take a empty can of beans and turn it into a beautiful wind chime. I love the wood workers too.
Have you ever watched those guys with the chain saws, turn a wood stump into a bear or racoon. So cool. Almost magic.

Night, you should look into your local Girl Scout or Boy Scout groups. Some of those kids love to chaperone seniors and people that need assistance around. My kids did that and so have I. It's fun meeting new people. And the kids also are usually working on a merit badge. So you are helping them too.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Night, if you are on Lisinopril, you should know that many pharmacies give it out for free these days as long as you have a prescription. Though I wonder at times if that med is the cause of water on the heart.

My Dad has had a few stints AND a quintuple by-pass. Non -smoker and not a big drinker either. Yea! Genetics! Now I know what I have to look forward too.
The Docs ended up taking him off Lisinopril though recently, though I have no idea why.

Look at what CK has to say, help a kid out getting their merit badge and at the same time socializing them and receiving a tad bit of help yourself. It's all for a good cause.
edit on 10-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hey Dawg,

Gotta question. I have an electric blower which I power with a 100 foot cord. Is it Ok to take 2 cords and put them together so I can us it. Or is that dangerous?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Naw, it should be OK. You just have to check the heat of the blower from time to time and give it a rest. The heat will kill the motor. You can also buy outdoor power cords that are rated to take the elements. I would suggest buying those prior to Christmas time for the lights on the house and yard.

Electric blowers are good for driveways and paths, but for yard work, a gas powered one is best.

My electric blower cleans my living room quite nicely!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Haaaa.

You ol dawg you.

Yea, the cords I have are heavy duty. But I never thought about the blower itself.

Well that helps me out alot. I still have the outer parts of the property to do, and I tell ya it really hard work. I have been manually raking. I now have two nice big blister on my thumbs. I proudly showed them to the kids tonite. (they wern't impressed. (Little stinkers) LOL. They do work alot. So do I, but now things are slowing down up here due to the season.
Well, You Know.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

My sister has the same problem. Flippin' pines needles everywhere and leaves to boot. And she has a pond (quite large) in her front yard that she tries valiantly to keep clean of such debris. But it's a losing battle. Never mess with Mother Nature. LOL

I've always looked at major yard cleaning as a twice a year thing, once when the snow melts and once before it falls...and fire is always involved.

Other than that, the lawn mower keeps it in check and for the woodline, it looks natural there so I leave it be.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ya know your right. I should be leaving the wood line alone. I did the side yard, but maybe I will leave the rest alone.

Thank you, Thank you. LOL I shall take your advice.

I guess I don't want anyone coming up on the house and saying, Wow, how lazy, they didn't clean the whole property.

At the old house, the boys took care of the outside. This is the first year in a long time I have had to deal with it pretty much myself.

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join