It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm lucky as I have buds who stop me (Most times) before I hurt myself. But your colleague and me sound much the same.

It's not that we realize we must slow down and ask for help at times...it's just that we don't want to. It's the old age argument of "I used to be able to do this with no problem."

However, nowadays...there's problems and we don't heal the way we used to.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
OMG I was one of the winners in the writers contest that I wasn't even going to enter!!!!!!!!!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

What an outstanding competition we had, with several participants.

Writers entrants finals:

AboveBoard - "The Redemption"..........Gold (76 points total) = 5 Applause, and she gets to pick the theme of the subsequent contest

Night Star - "Never Forgotten"..........Silver (45 points total) = 3 Applause

beezzer - "A Green Planet"..........Bronze (44 points total) = 1 Applause

argentus - "Crowning Glory"..........Honorable Mention (44.5 points total)

For Non-Writer entries, the final tallies were:

Antebellum - "Untitled"..........Gold (62 points total) = 3 Applause, Writer's Status

jadedANDcynical - "Turn Of The Dial"..........Silver (45 points total) = 2 Applause, Writer's Status

Dolluka - "Jenni Heino Mission Log 403"..........Bronze (44 points total) = 2 Applause

I'm still in shock!!!!!!!!!

edit on 7-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Way To Go NightStar!!! Yooo Hooooo!!!!!! Love Your Silver Status Bars Now!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Congrats Night!

2 AM? What the hell am I doing up!?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Good question Dawg! G'mornin' to ya!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Awesome Night Star!

WOOOOOO!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

G'morn back at ya. Well...the question is being answered most pronto.

I'm hitting the hay...again.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Alright Bro. Good Luck then!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you very much Gentlemen!
I still can't believe it!

Looks like a beautiful Autumn day out there. Should be fun going out with Linda today. I like seeing all the Halloween stuff in the stores. Of course there is also Thanks Giving and Christmas stuff starting to come out as well. That used to bug the hell out of me, but it does give extra time for people on budgets, so it's cool.

Last night I watched the Aliens movies with Sigourney Weaver. Haven't seen them in years. Damn, those were scary, edge of the seat movies!

How is everyone doing this fine day?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Tired, but content. I just ate lunch

I have to get back to work now though, and I am out later, so I will see you later

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You just had lunch and I just had breakfast. LOL Have a great day True!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wearing my awesome dragon necklace...a sterling dragon with its tail wrapped around a piece of amethyst. Had this thing for years.
True and Syx would love it!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hello To All You Shed Dwelling Humans! I can see from the sky that most of You are out wandering around.
From here, it looks like You's are in a trance!! It's either that, or maybe some kind of an mild induced brain trauma.

Ok enough of hat, LOL!!! I hope You guys all had a good day today!

Night, I'm trying to picture the Dragon Necklace.I think I have the tail section figured out, but I'm not sure if the wings are open out away from it's sides, or maybe folded against his back, or??? However it is, it sounds Kool!! And Yes, I would

probably Love it!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ok Guys and Gals. Since Night was the only one of us who read and commented on my sideline story for the shed, I'm posting it here. It's kind of long, but I think You will enjoy it. I hope so anyway. LOL!
Ok, it's gonna be in two parts here. It's been slightly edited here from it's original verse that I posted into The Short Stories Section a little while back.

Part One of Two:

A Dragon's Holloween PumpkinHead Tale

After Dropping off some roasted Boar for their lost Friend TDawg, and pointing him in the right direction, Syx flies into the cool night sky. Off towards the interior of the island He soars easily staying aloft on the warm updrafts coming up from the island below him. He Loves being able to shift into Dragon form at will. Such a delight to own the ability!

The night air is cooling off the island surface, but for now there are plenty of warm air pockets coming up from him below......

Seeing another area lit from what looks like a campfire, syx turns himself towards the new strange lighted area. He knows it is not the campfire of his other friends, as that is off in another direction.

Syx knows his friends are concerned for their other Friend TDawg and He should carry the good news of His sighting, but He decided to go towards the other fire lit area first.

Nearing the light source, which is indeed a campfire, Syx can see some figures seated around the warm fire. Diving lower, to get a better look, Syx is startled at the nearing sight before him!
It looks like the 'people' are not people at all, but humanoid shaped figures, with what looks like, pumpkins for heads!!!

Seeing a clear area to land in, Syx heads for it so he may get on the ground and get a real close look at the strangeness he saw!!!

Landing as quietly as he can, Syx takes a few steps and then shape shifts into his Human form.

Looking around for some clothing, some that he has stashed in several places around the woods, he soon finds some. He quickly puts on the garments. Now walking towards the large campfire, He wonders what will happen when he walks into the fire area.
Now only about 20 yards from his destination, Syx begins to see, closer now, that yes the heads of these entities are indeed Pumpkins! With eyes, nose, and mouths carved out of the once ordinary pumpkins he knew of!

Syx walked right up behind one of the creatures and says, "Hello!! Do you have room for a stranger to sit with you all?!"

There were a few dozen of the 'people' sitting around the fire and they all turned towards Syx. Most turned their heads slowly to see the stranger amongst them, but the one Syx had walked up behind, turned his head so fast that it spun on it's shoulders a few times!! It reached up it's 'hands' and turned it's head to the proper angle to see Syx behind it. It's body was still facing towards the fire so now the head was completely backwards so it could see Syx standing there with his mouth dropped open in amazement!

It was quite a sight indeed!!

'Yes fellow traveler, you may come near the fire to warm yourself. Just sit down." One of the pumpkin heads said in a voice that had an echo sound to it. The fellow seemed to be quite mellow in it's behavior. The others merely watched as Syx stepped over the many small logs that were cut to just the right length, placed on end for sitting on. They were however, placed a far distance from the fire!

"Thank You for your kindness in letting me join you" Syx replied to the one who spoke to him.

Syx noticed the 'hands' of these Beings were kind of similar to our own. They were made of straw, or hay? There were Three 'fingers', and an opposable Thumbs, and he could see that they did bend and would be able to grasp objects, like we can do. But it was an odd sight to be sure! Their feet were the same as their hands, as far as what they were made of, and had only four toes. He assumed their whole body was made of straw, or hay as well. They wore no shoes. Their clothes were mostly old tattered long sleeved Flannel shirts, and they wore old riped up Blue Jeans. A couple wore old faded coveralls.

Syx thought to Himself, 'Hmmm, so this is why the seats are placed so far away from the fire.'

A Large Crow flew into the campfire area and all the beings jumped up and ran towards the Bird waving their arms to make the Bird fly away. They also were Screaming in high pitched sounds that was quite unbearable!

After the bird flew off, they returned calmly to the fire area and sat down. They once again just sat there and stared into the flames of the warming fire.

Syx asked one of them, " Why did You All do that!?"

One replied, "They like to eat our heads, and we cannot just let that happen, now can we?"

"No! I guess not!" Syx responded feeling afraid for them.

One got up and walked away. He went over to a pile of Pumpkins and picked one up. He examined it for a couple minutes then walked to a table nearby and sat it down. He picked up a knife and began cutting off the top of the pumpkin and began cleaning it out. Completeing that He then went to task of carving a face onto it. Once finished, he walked up behind a being who's head was shriveled up a bit, and tore it off the it's body.

He placed the new head onto a stem sticking up from the neck area, looking like it was made of wood. Once the head was in place, the new 'Person' said, "Thank You! I would have done that myself, but lately I just don't much care about anything. So I am glad that you took the time to do that."

(Continued......)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
(Continued from above)
Part Two of Two:

The being's mouth did not move when he spoke. None of them had movement in their mouths when speaking, the sound just came out of their faces. They all had different sounding voices. That, Syx found amazing.
As a matter of fact, He found the whole reality of all this amazing and extrordinarily unbelievable!!

"I love traveling the night skies in search of new wonders to behold. I found You all and I am in Wonderment for sure! I have never before seen such a sight!" Syx says to the group smiling.

"How are You able to fly in the sky as a bird? And what sight might that be?", One asked looking disturbed.

"Well ummm, errr, uhhhh, well, You all here is what sight I meant, and I can fly because I am also a Dragon. I can take it's form whenever I want." Syx replied uneasily. He bagan to feel Bad Vibes from these creatures.

"He's a Dragon, Kill Him!!!' One of the pumpkin Heads screamed!

"He's making fun of us!! Off with His head!!!" Another of the Pumpkin Heads screamed!!"

'Oh Wow, now I've done it!!!' Syx thought to himself.

He quickly turned and ran towards the deeper part of the woods and as He ran was tearing off His clothes to enable Him to take Dragon form soon. There were just too many of Them to try to Take a Stand! Plus He did not want to think of the sight, and sounds if He decided to shift into Dragon Form and Flame Them all!!

He could hear the PumpkinHeads Screaming as they ran after Him. They could actually run very fast, Syx realized. So faster He ran and soon neared an edge to the woods He was in. Pulling off is Jeans while running didn't work out very well and He hit the ground landing on his side. He finished getting off the jeans and once again was on His feet running from the creatures. Breaking through the brush and hitting open land, He takes His more familiar Dragon form.

Hobbling a few fast steps Syx began to beat His wings! They began to lift Him off the ground and as soon as He could, He flapped His wings fully downward. Up He quickly was rising into the night sky.

'That encounter went from good to bad very quickly!'
Syx thought to Himself. 'This is not right. I will return to have a talk with those beings. They thought I made fun of them, and I did not. They don't like Dragon's and I want to find out why.'

'Hmmmmm, maybe I will return after getting back to My Friends. I have been gone a while and I do not want to cause anxieties amongst Them. I will go there now and tell of My Discovery!'

Syx angles off towards the fire lit area where His Friends were. Taking a few wing flaps, He was soon traveling very fast. He neared the edge of the woods where the land was fairly clear of tree's and prepared in his mind, to transform. He dove towards the ground at an incredible speed! So excited was He to tell of His discovery, He had forgotten to slow down before turning into His human form!
Turning human and going very fast, Syx hit the ground Hard and Tumbled and rolled several times before coming to a stop.
"Wow, I hope that doesn't happen again!" He said out loud.

Brushing off some dirt and grass, He walked into the woods to find a stash of clothing so He could cover Himself before making it back to camp. He had a few cuts and scrapes on his shoulders and elbows mostly. He wiped off the embedded dirt with some large rough leaves. 'That should be fine for now' He thought to himself.

Now dressed and half recovered from his landing fiasco, Syx nears the group He left some Hours ago.

Only a few yards away from them and the warm fire now, He announced, "Hey You Guys!!! You are never going to believe this!!!"

Syx sat down next to one of His Friends and told of finding TDawg and of the PumpkinHead 'People'. They sat wide eyed looking at Syx as He told of His adventure!

Once finished with His tale, and answering some questions, Everyone began to chat about other matters. They All ended up having a Wonderful evening!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

The wings are open and the tail wraps around the amethyst.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Kool Beans Night! I want it!! LOL!!! I'd use it as an EarRing!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Syx I noticed that you didn't get your writer's status yet. Just ask a mod.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Kool Beans Night! I want it!! LOL!!! I'd use it as an EarRing!!!

It would be rather heavy for an earing. LOL They do sell dragon earrings though.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Night, I only had a few minutes here, for now. gettin ready to PiggyBAck another Hard Drive onto mine in my computer. I'll most likely be on here in the morn. Maybe we, and others can have some coffee together. Till then, G'Night Night! See you in the Morning Light.

new topics

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join