It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Morning/Afternoon folks.! May your day be blessed with good things and smiles.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well... I'm not going anywhere.

Got my feet propped up,
In the comfy chair,
The winds may blow,
But I won't care,
The fires warm,
The drink is good,
I do not mind,
And no more I should,
The family is here,
My heart is at rest,
Purring like a kitten,
In my tired chest.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Whew! I'm not going anywhere either. Pulls up a comfy chair near True and shares a drink and purrs. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Haha!

Now cat people... There's a thing that needs to happen by pure accident, in a laboratory...yeah!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Had a gorgeous Himalayan like this one.

A rescue with ice blue eyes like this one.

And many others. I miss them all.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This wildcat actually belongs to an online friend who has other wild cats as pets along with his domestic ones.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If I disappear, it's because I'm going grocery shopping later.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Better than my excuse... Accidental Ninja Syndrome.

Tis both a gift, and a curse

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LOL!

I used to actually enjoy grocery shopping, now I dread it. I can't go unless someone takes me and helps carry the bags up three flights of steps. I can only handle so much. I never know what to eat anymore. Sick of cooking, but not sick of eating. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I like cooking. I just wish sometimes that I lived alone so that I could get at the kitchen without having to work to someone else's game plan where storage of pots, pans, and other assorted gear is concerned.

Nothing puts me off like the idea of having to look for something that should be to hand and in plain sight at all times!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yeah, it certainly helps to have things where you can easily find them. I'm so disappointed because last year I made this beef stew that was so tasty and I just threw things together. I could never make it again because I forgot what I threw together. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

My attitude to it, is that you cannot go wrong as long as food poisoning does not occur.

Mind you, I have used a club hammer (thats a mini sledge hammer) to make a sandwhich before now, so take that advice with the requisite pinch of salt eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I have pretty much taken Jane's route and have gone for a walk through the forest, as far as the story line goes. But I like the Shed nonetheless and pop in these days for the chit chat. Writers block and all that. While I may not contribute to the story much any more (Never say never), I'll still be popping by from time to time. Gotta say Hi to my on-line buds after all.

I too, have a Ginormous cookbook that I have accrued over the years and have yet to actually follow any of the directions. LOL

Usually it's a dash of this and a dash of that , maybe followed by a splash of assorted liquids, Worcestershire, Beer, Wine, BBQ sauce, etc...followed by more spices.

It's very rare that a meal turns out bad.

My brains taste buds are very in tune with my actual taste buds.

I hope that this week turns out well for everyone. Actually looking forward to the New Year as this one was one for the record books for me anyways. It's been quite the challenge...but I have to admit, I like a challenge. Just not as much nor as often.

BTW Night, often I go grocery shopping and take a couple of small back packs with me. It helps getting up and down the stairs, while leaving both hands free and the weight is evenly distributed. I usually do it by having one on my back, and one in the front. Occasionally, when I have more than the back packs can carry, I also have the reusable grocery bags as well. I can carry a months worth of grub in one trip that way. (With the exception of toilet paper, those bundles don't fit in ANY bag and are usually a separate trip.
)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hey TDawg.

Hope you are well! You been up to much lately?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hugs the Dawg!

I usually take mostly light bags and my niece and her boyfriend take the rest. I really don't know what I'd do without them. My friend Linda has also helped on occasion when the others weren't available to help. I feel very fortunate to have them.

Around here, our grocery store offers to deliver your groceries. You order online and they bring the groceries. I don't want to do that because it costs more and I'm only using my credit card for medical bills right now.

Pistachio ice cream....YUM! Man are nuts expensive!!!! I like this mix that has all different kinds of nuts and then they throw in some chocolate and caramel pieces. OMG! LOL Tomorrow I'm roasting a nice chicken. The rotisserie chicken they sell already cooked, I call them pigeons they're so small. LOL So I'm making my own.

Dawg, very happy to hear you will still be popping in with us.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Not really. Did some work out my buds farm insulating the garage Saturday and helping to put up interior walls and ceiling. We got a lot done but didn't finish it. Probably would have gotten a lot more done if it wasn't for my back. But that can't be helped, I have to now work at the pace my body allows, rather than what I want to do.

But all in all in hindsight...I'm rather pleased. I helped more than I thought I could and wasn't that sore the next day, with the exception of a crick in my neck. But looking up non-stop for hours will do that to ya. LOL

Feeling pretty normal today physically wise...so I look at that as a good sign.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Sometimes when I look up, like when changing a light bulb, I get dizzy.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Well that is good.

It might be a bummer having to accept a different pace of acheivement Dawg, but that option is far better than refusing to accept it, and winding up totally crooked and laid up for an age.

My colleague and mentor at work is in his sixties, and he has trouble with is back. Hes had to have some steroid injections into his back to try to help with his problems there. But he is pushing himself too hard, doing too many stupid things, like hefting heavy machines around without being careful about how he plants himself, and a plethora of other idiocies.

He should know better, that his ability to continue in ANY format, is reliant on his accepting a change of pace. He hurt himself just today by trying to do more than he ought, and not because no one else was around, but because he was stubborn about the work that needed doing, and doing it himself. He will be his own undoing, and its not because he is used to his independence, or because he wants to play the hard man, but because he simply is far to stubborn to listen when people tell him "Stop, STOP MAN! What the hell do you think you are playing at?".

I have been laid up with a bad back before, when I was a kid. In fact, I was laid up quite alot before I reached the age of sixteen, surgery when I was five, ten or eleven, and then again when I was about thirteen or so. Six weeks recovery at home a piece, when I should have been galavanting about without a care in the world, boundless exuberance on full display. It stinks when you cannot even get off the sofa to make your own damned cup of tea thank you very much, or leave the house without risking damaging yourself.

But you have to get through those moments of life without doing yourself massive damage, otherwise you cannot continue in anything like good order later. Where you are concerned, if you do not look after yourself, you could be looking at an unholy bad time with your back. I would urge massive restraint. It will avail you of a better long term outcome than over enthusiasm ever will!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You reminded me of the series of painful shots I had for my back in the past. Many weeks with one or two shots each time. Been through therapy too. Nothing helped. Even pain meds barely do anything but they're better than nothing.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Rotisserie Chicken? That's funny as I went and bought one the other day in my laziness. So there I am, withe a whole chicken on my plate and a beer at the side watching football and tearing hunks of meat from it bare handed. LOL It had to look funny. But it was a great meal.

I buy whole nuts as snack em's. They're a little bit cheaper than the shelled ones and they make you work for your protein so you don't eat as much. But yea, they're still pricey.

new topics

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join