It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Buck up Foss. No reason to believe that you'll end up bitter. I accepted that I may remain single my entire life quite a while ago when I realized that loneliness is usually a passing moment. You've just got to stay busy and cast a wide social net to keep it at bay.

I stopped looking over ten years ago, you know the saying? "When you stop looking for love, it finds you." Hokum!

When I say that I'm happily bitter, I say it with a sense of humor. Over the years, I watched friends go through situations that I am definitely glad I didn't have to go through. Often I am told that "I wish I was single again." Even being told by a former girlfriend, "I wish I would have married you instead." doesn't faze me anymore.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be...but you shouldn't let that dictate your life either.

Always two sides to the story.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Its funny, the pace and frenetic nature of the threads which spawned from that source, make looking over the old Valentines thread seem like an indulgence in nostalgia, even though it was only a matter of months ago!

Speaking of months ago, when was it that someone around here last spoke to Tsu?

I miss that wonderful hillside dweller!

Gordi says she is fine True. I miss her too.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Mornin' Dawg!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

G'Morn back at ya! And to every one else as well.

Today's a busy day. Time to pay the bills.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, thats good.

Does Gordi know when she is going to return? Does anyone?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi All;

Well I made through another weekend of football in Packer Country without getting into trouble. LOL. Still been lying low on that one.

I thought that once I made my move I would have lots of down time, and be able to spend more time here, but life has not let up. If it's not one thing, it's another. Today, I am waiting for my generator to kick on. Can't live up here without one. At least I can't.

I have a cool story to share.

When you live up here you expect to ocassionally run into wildlife, and talking to folks that have lived up here all their lives, some say they have never had an encounter with bears. 3 years ago or so I saw one late at nite while driving. (Acutally I never saw it, just a pair of big orange eye's looking out of the woods when my head lights hit them. But that was alittle unnerving)

Anyway, Monday I was coming back from a friends house, as I am driving, I see ahead of me in my perifeal (sp) I see this (not big, but not small) black ball of fur come flying down the hillside along the road. Man this guy was booking it. I hit my brakes, he ran across the road and continued down a logger road.

HOLY COW. I just saw a bear in the middle of the day.

Come to find out, on the other side of this hill, there is a bear den. (which I found out from a women at the gas station) She goes on to tell me, that what I witnessed was a addolesent bear being kicked out of the den by the sow, because she is getting ready to have another litter.

WOW, this is less than a mile from my house. I just thought this was sooo cool. It really doesn't scare me, because I know that they see us and smell us before we see them. And they really don't want to interact with us. Unless they are sick.

So I may have some more bear stories as winter sets in.

Well, I am glad everyone is doing O.K.
I am following this Ebola thing. Even though they say they have it under control, the fact that this guy was sent home the first time, tells me, the best laid out plans don't always go as you would like.

Peace to all.
Be Well.
Crappiekat

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

A lot of wildlife is making it's way back into Wisconsin. Bear, Coyotes and even Puma are showing up around my sisters place, which is a hundred plus miles south of you. Best start carrying a firearm when Oot and a Boot. LOL

Watch out for your family critters as well.
edit on 1-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hello everyone
I'm just checking in. You will hear a lot more from me during half term break, but for now RL is a crazy whirlwind of school stuff and trying to save any 'leftover' time for my gorgeous Mr Mura.

The worms are getting ready to move in to their new home. One of the new chickens has been named after my dear sister in South Africa ...(she doesn't know yet. It was a lucky dip - each member & teacher of the environmental team could put a secret name into the ballot and they were randomly drawn out. I felt my sis would appreciate a chicken on the other side of the world that reminds me of her so I threw in her name. Now I have to tell her ... I hope she takes it well!
)

The pupils are alternately wonderful and crazy (both good crazy and bad crazy), I burned my hand on a fractional distillation flask and yet managed not to teach my class a few choice new "science" words, the new round of tests have started which gives some respite during lesson time (aaah, peace & quiet at last) but then piles up the marking, and I have spent at least two lunch breaks in detention. Sigh, I really should start to behave in lessons... oh, right, it wasn't me, it was (point to any random person in close vicinity) him/her, and one of my pupils thought we were about to be abducted by aliens when the physics teacher next door make some weird beepy tones which reverberated through our classroom.

Sadly we were not abducted and so had to return to the delights of the rather less interesting Benedicts test for sugar in food. It turns out there is no sugar in ham.... how .... um.... fascinating? Lol, perhaps I should have changed the lesson to the most appropriate design for tin foil hats!

As for the ever patient Mr Mura - err, who? Oh yes, the wonderful man who is there with a hug and kiss when I get home. He is so patient with the endless lesson planning and marking that I throw myself into during term time. I really couldn't do it without his support.

Hope all the sheddites are having as much fun. Bears in the backyard certainly counts Kat!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
Oh Yea. I'm locked, loaded and licsensed. LOL. Ya know when I was down in Ill. I saw a puma coming home from work late one nite. Most people I talked to thought I was aggagerating. But I know what I saw. Spoke with a women who's husband worked with DNR, and she confirmed to me that they had been tracking them in northern Ill.

Right now we just have the two cats, at this house. And they are not let out ever. At my mother In laws house they have the sheppard. And he is not allowed out unless all the lights are on in the back yard and someone is watching.
Next spring we plan on adding to the family with a rottie. And we do have a fenced in yard here. And the rules will be the same here. And I strongly advise my boy's not to be wandering around at nite . We are in the woods.

Ya never know who's watching you... Hey BOO BOO LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Hi Mura,

Oh yes they do. I just thought that was a random thing. I had no idea I had a den in the back yard too. LOL. Now I kinda understand why the DNR didn't seem that worried when I called. LOL Live and learn.

You mentioned your sister in South Africa. Is she fearing this Ebola situation? My prayers to all. This is just crazy.

I don't get to visit ATS as much as I would like. And sometimes I miss posts. I see you teach. GOD BLESS YOU. It is a job only for special people. Lots of work outside the classroom. I don't think alot of parents understand that. They just look at it as a 8 to 3 job.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hi Kat, yes the Ebola situation is crazy, but TBH I haven't even talked about it with my sister. When we chat it is about diets (Lol, sisters huh?), my nephew's university entrance exams, worries about our mum who is or is not maybe or maybe not moving house and panicking, as mums do, about either outcome, family on both sides of the world and other sister and family and girl stuff.

Ebola doesn't get a look in. I guess if she was worried then it would have come up. I don't think SA has a big Ebola problem, not like other spots in Africa and perhaps no more than us here in the UK or across the pond where we stand the risk of an infected traveller not being discovered till too late.

Thanks for the blessing too. It means a lot to be appreciated! I do love my job, I mean LOVE my job and fortunately for me the rewards still far outweigh the stress and workload.

Take care around your bears! I am kinda jealous that you have such wonderful wild nature so close to home. That sounds like my kind of heaven. It must be a worry for you with your children and pets but you seem so sensible and aware, so it must also be a wonderful experience.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

I worked within the school system in one form or another for many years. The hard work and tears that a good teacher puts into the job is worth alot to those of us who see what teachers go through these days.

It's just not about the children these days as it should be. Politic's get in the way too often, and sometimes good teachers get lost in the mix.

I know teacher's that are now in their 80+ years. It is their great accomplishment to have been teachers. I wish for you that gift.

I am glad your family is not affected by this crazy Ebola mess. I'm far away from it all, and it makes me a little nervous just the same. I'm not exactly sure what, other than washing our hands and keeping general cleaniness, but we are gonna talk about this tonite within the family. I guess we want to make sure we are all on the same page. It never hurts to be prepared for whatever life may be handing out tomorrow.

I'm off now.

Too everyone, Be Well
Crappiekat

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I love the wildlife in Wisconsin. But of course, ya can't be to careful. (And some of it is tasty as well)

I've always enjoyed the Wisconsin Turkey release of a decade or so ago. The DNR released a bunch of turkeys throughout Wisconsin and forbade hunters from shooting them for ten years. Four years later after the release, the DNR was screaming, "Kill 'em! Kill 'em all!" they had grown so numerous.

I now think of them as tasty feathered rats.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Dude, LOL LOL. I see those turkey's on the side of the road and I have thought to myself (Hm Heck all I need is a BB Gun)

I used to have a pet turkey. Raised him from a chick out of the box. Around the middle of October that year, my boss said to me, OK, it time to bring the turkey back so we can give you your employee gift for thanksgiving. LOL. I'm sure it wasn't the exact same bird, but I must say I had no problem enjoying Thankgiving that year. Actually felt alittle proud.

I didn't know Wisconsin did that. That is too funny.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yea...ya have to love it when Government/City Slickers think they know best on how to manage wildlife. LOL It never turns out to good. But...not only are the deer fed to the homeless of Wisconsin, but the Turkeys are as well. I would say that the homeless of Wisconsin are probably the best fed in the world, probably better than you and me since most of their protein is all-natural. (Though I still feel and pray for all)

What can I say...I always try to look for a silver lining.

edit on 1-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I think it's a good thing that Wisc and Ill have allowed hunters to donate to the food pantries.

Ya know we have that problem with the Carp in Lake Michigan. I thought it was interesting how they came up with the idea to feed the homeless with those fish.
However, I thought it was crazy as crazy could get when someone suggested we allow Bow hunters to go out on the river and shoot them. OMG Can you imagine a bunch of hunters on the river with bow's shooting fish.

Haven't heard in a while what happened with that program. LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Bears and puma, oh my! The most I ever see are skunks! LOL

Sorry I missed everyone earlier, been in a funk lately. Hope all is well with everyone. Hugs!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Christina Lynn My Sister R.I.P.
I lost My Sister last night.
I wrote a Poem.
Me.......
edit on 2-10-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I commented in your poem thread and would also like to comment here. Dear Syx, you have my deepest sympathy in the loss of your Sister. Sometimes words cannot do justice to the emotions we feel and would like to express. Just know that my love and the love of all your ATS family is with you at this difficult time. Hugs!

edit on 2-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I believe that we are far more than just our physical bodies and that when we pass from here, we go on to something different, something better. This life is but a journey and we are just passing through.

new topics

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join