It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

If it weren't for my dry sense of humor and my appreciation of irony. I'm pretty sure that I would go insane. If I haven't already.

There is a lot on my brain lately.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes, I know I am slow but here I am nonetheless. Happy Birthday Doug, even if it is 'just another day'. Congrats on your gold border too.
True, sorry about your sister's rabbit. It is really sad that it could not cope with the storm. Makes me wonder if wild rabbits can cope with storms...?
I have had a really great day despite it being Monday. I have one class that is very difficult to teach - a lot of learning problems, ADHD, dyslexia, behavioural problems and on top of that most of the kids in this class have issues at home, such as they are fostered or in care, one girl's dad had a heart attack a few weeks ago, another has broken her leg. Name the teen problem and it is present in this particular class.

The result of this compilation of teen problems is that the class in general struggle to get their grades, often don't care or make any effort, never do homework, give up, play up and screw around during lessons and many lessons are an hour of behaviour management rather than chemistry. As bad as it sounds I have always got on very well with these kids. I treat them with respect and mostly they overcome themselves and treat me personally with respect and gratitude in return (my subject they are less enamoured with).

Well today a little bit of magic happened. I had every single one of them on board with me for the lesson. They were well behaved, enthusiastic, engaged, making valid contributions, asking the right questions, completing the exercises - correctly! - and it was just a pure pleasure. At the end of the lesson I praised them and told them how much I had enjoyed their lesson and they thanked me in return. The best part was when one girl said "miss, I am actually learning and understanding stuff at last!" and then a bunch of the others chimed in "yes, me too"!!!!

I was so happy I almost cried! I probably will cry when it all returns to business as usual tomorrow
Even if it does, it is days like these that make my job so wonderful.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Mura44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Those are the days you must treasure.

I've always said that a teachers true reward is when, during a class reunion, some one approaches them and tells them they made a difference.

Usually ten years to late...but I imagine it still feels good.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hey bud!

Congratulations on getting your gold border!

Its like you, but with extra swank!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks I guess. That gold border and a buck twenty nine will get me a cup of coffee.

Never been one for accolades and awards.

But I do appreciate when others give me a pat on the back and say. "You did good!".

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

All kidding aside Dawg, 'Pat on the Back ' for the Gold Border! It obviously is a milestone marker for something. I am ignorant for it's meaning. Congrats Bud!! I mean that!!!

( I do hope that was worded alright as I have been ridden for a compliment I gave Arken. Just because I said I saw no natural object in the guys pic he displayed of an anomoly in a mars image, someone decided to bore me a new rear port. I thanked him for pointing out my wording error, in so many words. LOL! Some people, eh?!! LOL!!!)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Mura Good to see the Magic happening for You!!! For one of Your profession, I would think those rare moments are ones to stay with You for years to come!
Great Job!! As it was You that made that happen by Your Personality and teaching methods!!! Keep up the Great Work with Those Kids!!!

edit on 22-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
RIP Pheonix! Such a sweet and innocent little creature. So sorry for your Sister True!!!!

Jane that dragon cake and rainbow drink look awesome!!!!!!

Mura, you sound like an amazing teacher with much love and compassion for those kids you teach!

Dawg, did I see you say you had a raccoon once? They are soooooo beautiful! Usually they carry rabies and we have to be very careful around here. How long did you have him/her for? You want a skunk> We have plenty around here! LOL

Wasted the entire day feeling weak and tired. Hope tomorrow is better.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I had Bandit for about three years. He was run over by a car. His last year, he was pretty mean to everybody, except to me though for some reason. There is a reason why people shouldn't just take any wild animal in.

But I loved him. I never think of the animals in my life as pets, but rather my buddies. Someone to nurture and care for.
edit on 22-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well, I don't know about changing sides........ I loveee me a riverly.

Anyway, I guess we'll see how the Bears do with the Jets tonite. (Yea, I know, Jets suck, Bears win,) But lets see how they really play.???

I keep to myself. It is my secret. I have alot of fun. I just want all to have a good time.

I love football season. It gives me a reason to have fun with all, let go,

Bears win!!! It's gonna be a long season.

edit on 22-9-2014 by crappiekat because: making more sense

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well off to bed.

Glad all is well with you all.

Be well
Crappiekat

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I'm sure you have some interesting stories about bandit that you could share. I remember reading a book about a lady who rescued a baby raccoon and the time she spent raising it. They were so close and she loved that raccoon with all her heart and soul. In the end she set him free and I cried like a baby!

edit on 23-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
As he watched the group talking about all the events as of late, Syx wondered how their Friend TDawg was faring. Dawg had walked off into the woods recently and had not been heard from since.

"Hey you guys! I was thinking that TDawg has been gone a while now, and wondered if he's doing ok. I mean I know he's a smart guy and knows the wilderness and all, but was wondering if anyone else thought he was gone maybe a little too long?" Syx asked the group.

"Syx, He's probably ok. I would give him another day or so more before I worried about him. Ya know?" Was the reply from CC.

"Yah Syx he's fine. It would take a hurricane AND a Volcano to cause him any problems!" Laughed Homer!

That remark drew a round of laughter from everyone in the circle.

The feeling was a happy one considering the Wizard had been freed from his Spell-Bound embrace. Jovial attitudes filled the night air with laughter and gleeful sentiments from all around the campfire.

Number 99 walked up to Syx and asked, "SyxPak, would you like my friends and I to go and look for your friend The TDawg?"

Chuckling some Syx replied, "Ya know 99, I was thinking the same thing just now. Maybe if it were not too much trouble, you and some of your friends might go and see that TDawg is not having too many problems?"

"It will be No trouble at all SyxPak! We will set off right away!" 99 happily responded.

"Come forth now all and we shall see whether the good man The TDawg is faring well! We shall be off with no delay!!" 99 said to all his little friends.

The group of them scurried off into the woods splitting up and going off into several directions at once. This made Syx feel a little better as he knew the Fixers would take the task at hand very seriously and not dally in their efforts to see of the wellness of their friend.

After a while of waiting Syx became restless with the thoughts of whether or not the Fixers would find Dawg, and thought that maybe he could cover more ground faster if he took to the skies and helped in the search.

"Hey you guys I think I will get some flight time in tonight. It's such a beautiful night and all......" Syx mentioned to anyone in ear shot.

"Why don't you take some of this roasted Boar with you in case you find Dawg Syx. He may be hungry by now." someone said.

Syx looked at them curiously and replied, "What do you mean? I wasn't really planning on search....." He was cut off by Homer saying,
"Oh come on Syx. We were wondering when you were going to say you wanted to go and look for Dawg!" Homer and the rest of the gang laughed as Syx looked away grinning.

"That's ok Syx, we were hoping you would want to go and didn't really want to ask you if you would mind taking a flight tonight! We are concerned as well ya know." Came the sentiment from the smiling NightStar.

Laughing at this, Syx went over to the fire and tore off a large piece of the roasted Boar. He wrapped it in a piece of leather and tied it off with a strand of rawhide. Making a loop of it to cast around his neck, Syx walked off towards the cliffs nearby. On his way out of the campsite he hollered back at the group, "I'll be back soon with word one way or another of the whereabouts of Dawg you guys!"

Off he walked into the cool night.

Nearing the edge of the cliff, Syx shape shifted into his Dragon form and took a dive over the edge. Spreading his wings to gather the air beneath, he glided down towards the crashing surf below. Angling up and back towards the woods, he gave a few beats of his wings and was soon high above the treetops. He knew TDawg would probably walk the edge of any streams or rivers so looked for the shimmering silver glow of any waters near him running through the woods.

Seeing a fairly wide river, Syx took to following the waters. The cool night air felt good on him as he looked to and fro for any signs of movement below. Soon he spotted a figure walking along the shore of the river he was following.

'That didn't take very long!' Syx thought to himself and was soon overhead of TDawg only a hundred feet below him.

"Hey Dawg!! Catch this!!!" Syx hollered at TDawg. "Look up!!!" He yelled.

Looking a bit startled, Dawg looked skyward to see the piece of meat falling fast towards himself!

Catching it he yelled back at Syx, "Hey thanx Bud! This smells good and I was gettin hungry too! Now which way to camp?"

"Just walk straight in the way I am going to fly off and you won't miss it! You will be there in no time!" Syx yelled back to TDawg.

"Thanx!!" Dawg yelled as Syx flew off back towards camp. "Damn" He muttered, "He could have at least gave me a ride......"

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Good morning beautiful family!

I'm still looking after mama-in-law every day, and that's why I haven't been here. I truly am missing my time here with everyone, and think about you all constantly.

Dawg...*hugs the Dawg*...I'm sorry I missed your birthday hunny, I hope you had a nice day. If you were near me, I would have visited with cupcakes and thrown sparkles at you, lol. (Bet you're thankful for the distance between us, huh?)

Night Star...Hi sweetie! I also missed your mom's birthday, but I'm sure you made it lovely for her. I wish you were close to me too....I would visit all the time, and we would have silly shenanigans!

True...Give your sister a hug for me. I had a pet rabbit once called Jackson. He was adorable. Oh, give your mom a hug for me too...I'm very glad she had you, lol.

Jane...I'm happy your move went well, and I hope you're enjoying your new place. I wish I could just pop in for tea and chit-chat. (Jane misses Jane, lol).

Gordi...I loved your video and you have SUCH a good singing voice. You are crazy talented, and a lovely person. I hope that you and your beautiful family are all doing well.

Syx & CC...Sending much love to both of you! I really wish we could go to Syx Flags together...pig out on junk food, and laugh until we're dizzy. We would probably cause a ruckus and get kicked out though, so maybe not....haha...

To be continued in next post....need more coffee...
jacy

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Mura...I'm so glad you joined the family! I always enjoy your posts and your humour. I spent years at my kids' school as a volunteer, and knew some wonderful teachers/staff. Your students are lucky to have you! We are lucky to have you too!

crappiekat...Did someone need a hug? *BIG HUG* for you! So happy to see you still here with us! Why are you all SO far away from me? It just ain't right.

Homer...Happy to see you here too! Real life...pfffft! So time consuming, lol...I miss the old days, when you & Dawg were grilling burned weenies for me. *sigh*

fossilera...Sadly we never seem to be online at the same time, but I'm always so happy to read your messages! Another truly lovely person! I have been lucky to be able to 'hand pick' my family, lol...I choose ALL of you!! Now if only we could have a Shed family reunion. I'm still buying lottery tickets with that purpose in mind!

Cody...I hope your heart is still filled with love & happiness from the time spent with your kids. Much love to you and Mrs. C....you still owe me a ride on 'the beast'! (Oh geez, that didn't sound good, did it?) The BIKE I mean...(must clarify, cuz Gordi has such a dirty mind, hehe).

AboveBoard, GimmeFootball, Rodinus, Serdgiam, grayeagle, TheDoctor46....I hope you're all good! (Also hope I didn't forget anyone....) Love to all of you!

Tsu....I miss you sis. I hope you are good...and happy. If you read the thread, please send a message or e-mail? *hugs*

*GROUP HUG*
jacy

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy! How Totally Nice to see You here this morning!!!
Thank You so Very Much for adding a Credit to me for Making Your Banner!
I love that place and when I created that,
I thought I would make You one to Honor our Original Story Leader!!
How are You?!?

Good Morning to You and EveryOne else in ShedLand!

edit on 23-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Jacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you so much!! I appreciate that you at least come in and up-date us on what's going on.

Has anyone heard anything at all from Tsu????? I would like very much to know how she is.

Thanks for adding to the story Syx. I feel I'm without guidance from the major players at the moment and don't want to lead the story off on another wild goose chase and confuse people. So...for now I shall remain quiet.

Have a good Morning my friends!

edit on 23-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Good Morning Night! Pretty Flowers there!
I know, Jacy here right?! I thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute there! LOL!!! It is Nice to see Her dropping in with updates about Her busy life. As it is nice to see Any and All who do the same!

I often think of Tsu as well Night. Always wonder why She has not created another account to use here, but figured the staff would know of the IP address and may ban Her for life to do such a devious thing...... I do wonder though if She will Ever be able to come back here. I miss Her silliness and caring attitude. Alas...........

As far as the Story. I remember TDawg doing an entry several pages back that had him on a solo adventure of sorts and went with that as topic for my latest entry. Figured the way I handled it, it was ok to write what I did. I don't think it has ruined anything as his last had him like a bit lost and he was probably going to end up back with us all so we may continue our adventure! So I thought I would merely point him in the right direction..... (waiting to see how he handles me NOT giving him a ride back to camp! LOL!!!!)

Oh, and remember Night, there a LOT of Fixers to play with on this Island! You had mentioned in an entry how one of Your Little Pixie Friends was comfortable talking to some of the Fixers like She had known them for a time.

Please Feel Free to have the Fixers at Your disposal for any and all/other little sideline stories! I know how You like writing so have at em!! LOL!!! Maybe something like how the Fairies are related and are able to fly as they have become a kind of off-shoot of the original Fixer Line and got wings somehow?! Or something along the lines of having them doing some sort of random silliness, or helping with whatever, in however manner you choose fit? I can picture them playing with Wolf, or the Crows! LOL!!!

I do not own them persay, but created them in hopes that You Guys will use them in Your stories from time to time for ANY Purpose You like! You know, for using in something even only semi related to the StoryLine. Even if it does NOT relate to the StoryLine, it will could be just a fun little Adventurette!! LOL!!!

This is an Open Invitation for Using the Fixers and goes for AnyOne of Us here You Guys!!!!!! Also goes for AnyOne who would want to Join Us NOW as New Members of the Story!!!!!!

I hope You have a Nice Day Night!!! Aren't Tuesday's your day out on the Town? If so, I hope You have an enjoyable time out with Your Friend, Linda is it? Please say Hello for Me. Thanx, Syx.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Morning Syx! I'm kind of at a loss at the moment as far as story telling is concerned. When a bunch of us are writing at the same time, I can play off of that but not much happening at the moment. I'll just wait and see where this takes us for now.

Yes Tuesday is my day out. I have to be careful with my money now so hope Linda wants to go to the all you can eat Chinese buffet for 5.oo and discount stores after that. Need baby gifts and Christmas presents to put away.

Got my suede boots on and still in my nightgown. LOL Guess I'll go finished getting dressed.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Bandits real name was Bart, but every one called him Bart the Bandit and that eventually just became Bandit. I tried to set him free a couple of times. (I found him when his eyes were still closed) but he kept coming back. He had a huge cage to live in when nobody was home, but had run of the house when we were there. We were about to give him to a local zoo when he darted out into the road and was run over. There's a part of me that thinks he knew what we were planning to do and he committed suicide. But he was starting to get really aggressive with everyone else. He might have thought he was playing, but he was also drawing blood as well. That's not a good thing.

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join