It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sorry to hear about your sisters rabbit. While they're soft and cuddly, I could never see myself getting one as a buddy. I guess I'm a Dawg guy, and oddly enough, Cats as well. I've had a raccoon, and a ferret as a buddy before and enjoyed their company as well. Now I want a domesticated skunk, but they're illegal here without a pricey special permit, so no such luck.

Slowly, but surely I am coming out of my funk that the family reunion left me in. Wrote my folks a letter explaining my feelings and why I departed so abruptly and talked to my Dad yesterday. So things are getting better overall.

I also received a letter from my attorney for my workman's comp. claim that was initially denied and it will be going to a jury trial now. Which I think is good news, though am still unsure on that one.

I hope that all the Shedders days are improving as well.

We need the break!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Dawg a skunk would be a kool pet! Very Kool indeed!
I am still waiting for the day when Dragons may reign again! Not holding my breath mind you, but waiting just the same. I would want to have one large enough to ride, but small enough so as to not be too hard to feed. Maybe I would have to raise cattle or sheep for him...... Hmmm...........

Best of Good Luck with the trial of Workmans comp. I remember winning mine and getting 24 grand. It was a nice check, but nothing if taken into consideration that I made that every six months or so and would not be making squat after not working again! So it was a token payment I know, but it was fun blowing it all on CC and the rest of my family!! The Vacations and toys were fun to have!!! Alas, I would love for a windfall like that now......

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

To be truthful, I don't give to much thought to the claim, other than I think the company HR/Insurance dept screwed me over. It would have cost them thousands less than the lawyers to pitch in on the medical bills. Overall, I think the company was a great employer, with the exception of that one department.

I say this as I was already retired and receiving my military pension when I hurt myself on the job. All my bills are almost paid off now and my lawyer can keep the majority of whatever money for all I care. I really did enjoy my job and actually miss it after over a year and a half.

But yea, $24,000 would be a good chunk of change and would equate about what I made over two years since it was a part-time job. I wouldn't refuse it. LOL

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yah I hear ya. I miss my old job too. A LOT! The overtime I did there over the years was awesome! I worked second shift, off at 11 pm, so staying over was no biggie to me. Couldn't do anything after work anyway so we loved to stay over. It paid daily overtime too, which was kool. Anything over 8 hrs in a day was time and a half. Anything over 10 hrs in a day paid double!! Loved it!!!
I posted a pic of what we made, page back. It was my dream job. Figures though as it is always something in my life that screws up something good. I know it is me causing some of those downers, but for the times it is Not me, just sucks...... LOL But have to laugh it it now. It did build character I guess! LOL!!! All the bummers make the good times even better , right?! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Heh... well our rabbit did not like for me to pick him up, probably because I usually smell of rum, engineering grease, burnt metal, sweat, and cigarettes. But he was a real charmer when my sister, or my mother would pick him up for a cuddle, or to move him during hutch cleaning operations. He was a Netherland Dwarf, and was perfectly white with blue eyes. Because he was a Netherland dwarf, he had a mad little quiff happening. I am pretty sure he was related to The White Rabbit of Monty Python fame though.

Rest in peace Phoenix.

Anyway, what has everyone else been up to ? I hear tell of a Birthday that I have missed! *slaps self over the face with a wet fish*.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Speaking of jobs, there is one thing that really grates my nerves and we see it a lot on ATS. People say that they are looking for jobs, but they really are not. They're looking for money. And they don't research the two factors. Working doing something you like to do while making money at the same time.

I've only worked for one company were I didn't like my job and that was as a teen flipping burgers. I knew I was better than that and only worked there for three months until I found a job I did like. And paid well to boot.

I guess being a military brat has made me a bit of a nomad, so I never thought twice about moving to a different location for a new job.

The jobs are out there and many pay well. But it requires sacrifice. Long hours, time away from family, etc. If it weren't for my back, I would probably be a long haul trucker by now.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Mine.

But it don't matter.

If it wasn't for family, I wouldn't remember it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Happy Birthday dude!

*wipes fish entrails from his face*

How was it?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

(Taking True's fish and putting it on the fire for lunch!)

Hey ! That little white rabbit sounded kool! Rabbits are beautiful animals for sure! I don't know what kind my brother's rabbit was, but he was big! Like the size of a small dog! Twice the size of a Yorkshire terrier, like about the size of a Beagle! Very Big one he was!!

Yah TDawg let his B-Day slip on us without warning! Well He did mention it WAY back, like months ago, but so much has happened since then, it kind of slid by. And I am not sure if he said the actual day, but do remember him saying it was comin up in September......

Sorry Doug!!!!!!

(But I do hope it was a good day for You!)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Just another day.

I'm still mentally stuck at seventeen...though the body disagrees.

edit on 22-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well you need to tell that body who is boss! Let your brain get into Sgt Major mode!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I know this is about a girl, but...... good tune.......

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well you need to tell that body who is boss! Let your brain get into Sgt Major mode!

Been there, done that!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

LOL That Clip Dawg!! LMAO!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Happy birthday Dawg!

Oh and a drink to wash it all down

Jane

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. I do appreciate it.

Probably should never have brought it up as I've never considered a B-day other than another day.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Holy snap! I just went to a gold border!

How'd the hell that happen?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wow, now aren't You special?!?!! It does look Kool though Dawg!!!m Also your post count has frozen at 12, 600? HMmmmm, odd......

Mine is stuck on 1,895......

edit on 22-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

EDIT: No I am a dumbass. It shows in all posts what the current count is, right? Duuhhhhh Mike. LOL!!!! Man, I just showed my true space caseness eh? LOL!!!!!
edit on 22-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Wow, now aren't You special?!?!!

Yea, I'm special as i munch on glue, crayons and even dirt.

Nom, nom, nom.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Wow Dude! Thanx for the revealing info!! That does explain a lot Dawg!! LOL!!!!! Ummm, do ya dip the crayon into the glue, then roll it into the dirt? I would think that would probably work pretty good. LOL!!!!!
(J/K ya know!? LOL!!!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join