It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very well said True! As always, you are spot on!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks Guys. I feel pretty humble and ashamed that I am so selfish. I realize that no one person can change everything, though at one time I feel that I did have a impact on events. You all know that I was a Soldier, though not a bloodthirsty one and always strived to if not make things right, at least strived to make things better, and I succeeded for the short term anyways. Maybe it's a form of survivors guilt I'm feeling...I don't know.

But the past week of looking into myself has had some calming effect. Oh, I'm still ornery, but not as bad as before. I think it's time I picked myself up, dusted myself off and moved on in life. I've always considered myself a optimist and this past month I failed in that. Lesson learned...again (I wish I wouldn't go through it again, but know I will at some point). But the experience has been a cathartic moment and I do feel better psyche wise. It seems to me that these periods are getting shorter and shorter as the years go by, so I look at this as a good thing.

And to all the Shedders, Sheddites and Shedderones. THANKS!
edit on 27-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hey Now! Don't you dare lose that orneryness! It makes you YOU!! And by moving on,I hope the hell You don't mean leaving ATS?!?!!? Good Grief Man?!?!?!?

It is cool once again to see Your Avatar brighten these pages Bud!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well, as the kids are saying these days, we got your back Dawg.

When you are feeling this way, you ought to know, that you have an entire mob of people around to fall back on if you need to. Just give a whistle, and all that jazz.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm sorry that I missed your return. As I'm sure you have gathered, we have missed you as well. Hurry back as soon as you feel better. I wish I could give you advice on migraine management, but I'm sure that you have read everything on the interwebs and listened to the doctors and tried everything available.

So my only advice is to relax and let life take its course. Who knows? That may help.

Even though I'm not religious, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

You and Jane and the rest of the Shed have helped me out a lot. Y'all have rekindled the writing spirit in me and unbeknownst to many, have actually helped me solve a personal dilemma or two.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe it's a form of survivors guilt I'm feeling...I don't know.

I get it as well Dawg, don't sweat it my friend, I can't count the times I've run scenarios through my mind and the answer is always the same..............................There was no other way.......................Doesn't make it easier but your conscience should be clear my friend.

I've always considered myself a optimist and this past month I failed in that. Lesson learned...again (I wish I wouldn't go through it again, but know I will at some point).

Yep you and I both, I'm only a u2u away bro.

Cody

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Nice to see your return. I should be up in your neck of the woods by this time next year. Well, the Dells area anyways. I look forward to it with a lot of anticipation and trepidation.

And yes...GO! PACK! GO!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Thanks. I don't know why, but I woke up feeling a hell of a lot better today. Maybe my blood sugar has leveled out, or my Karma is at ease, or maybe my Warp Core is operating at capacity.
I don't know why, but I'm thankful nonetheless.

Which of course raises the age old question...

Why?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

For me it's a lack of vitamin B1,

I literally feel myself dive into a muddiness of inability to think straight.

Mrs C spots it .................. sorted

Cody

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Hey Dawg, I'm glad your doing better. I will be sending good thoughts your way.

Hey, straight up 51, Hang a right on 70 and your here. Next spring one of my projects is going to be putting in a horseshoe pit. I love playing horsehoes. Sometimes my aim isn't well. Years ago I landed one on a picnic table with people sitting at it.
Some people won't play with me cuz of that. I told them they were all idiots for putting the table there in the first place. LOL.
Well, I'm off for now. Working tonite.

I hope everyone has a good nite.

Crappiekat

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey Kat! Were you playin horseshoes or knockout?! LOL!!! I love the game myself. Here under Chicago, all they do is throw bean bags into a hole? I Mean WTF?!?!? Right?
Man I want a real game of shoes again. They don't even sell em here.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Never heard of the game of CornHole until I was in my forties. I always thought of that term in a dirty sense...not a game. It's big here in Ohio. I miss horseshoes as well.

But oddly enough, I like cornhole as well. Turns out I'm quite good at it.

For those of you who were like me and didn't know...this is cornhole. And yes, it is safe for work.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Pulled this post. It was just wrong.
edit on 27-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Pulled this post. It was just wrong.

Smart man. Yes the name of the game makes most people with a sense of humor chuckle. Though here in Ohio, it may just earn you a black eye as well. They take the game quite serious here.

Has to be something in the water.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Man I was in some kind of messed up mood there bud! LOL!!! But I guess I still am. Look at what I just wrote in the new topics to some kid, I guess, who wrote in somethin. Not sure if I should go back and change it......?? LOL, Prob leave it. I usually don't write in comm's to put people down, but really, look at that guys post? called 'you think'.

EDIT: Guess I don't need to go fix my post. The Thread won't reload. So Thread pulled I guess?......

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Just another end of summer troll. Chances are that they'll be banned for one reason or another soon. I try my best to ignore them. But sometimes I can't.

That is also just one of the small reasons I had to take a breather from ATS. Not just he stupidity and lack of common sense in real life, but here as well.

I don't envy the MODs come summertime when the bored kiddies come out to play.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dude I hear ya there. I just edited my post to ya. That thread won't reload. So I guess they pulled it already. It was like the guys 26th post so...... Prob a kid.He did at least try to create an interesting thread, but it was messed up. I should have probably played the grand dad and tried to help him, but I just couldn't resist writing what I did! LOL!!! I only said that since he didn't come back and edit, to add capital letters, of which there were none, that he should impeach himself! His moniker was BarrackHusseinObama for cryin out loud. Oh, it WAS written in all caps! The name anyway. He wondered why there are alien ships in use, if they can cross the cosmos to come here. I said so that there arent alien body parts all around when we shoot at the crafts! The crafts protect them...... LOL! I mean,. LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sorry I missed you all today. My Mom was feeling weak and tired all week and decided to have my Sister take her to the emergency room. They ended up sending her back home as everything seemed to check out ok.

I have been concerned and worried about so many things and have been so drained and tired myself. Figured I would make jewelry and try to keep busy today. Had my blood work taken on Wednesday and have a doctor's appointment next week. Because I had lymph nodes taken out from my right armpit, I can no longer have blood drawn from the right arm or have any IV's or blood pressure taken. That was my good arm for having my blood taken! They have such a bitch of a time finding the veins in my left arm. Man, the last two times really hurt!
Now I'm worried what they might find.

My Ex refuses to go to the doctors even though he has been dizzy almost daily and sometimes nauseas.
I know he is sick of doctors too. It sucks so bad when you have so many health problems. It is so hard to watch the people you love suffer and do less and less through the years, myself included.

When I go out on Tuesdays with my friend, I am able to laugh and be free and silly and get my mind off of things for a while. It is like a breath of fresh air for me. And coming here and reading comments from all of you... You are all so unique, so wonderful and loving and compassionate and wise and humorous and everything amazing! So, even if I'm missing all day and quiet, please know that I am always here and my heart is always with you.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sorry to hear about your plight Night. (Did I just rhyme?) But you did teach me something new today. I had no idea that having your lymph nodes removed would affect a person that way.

I went to the VA yesterday for more blood work myself. They're trying to get my triglycerides under control, but everything else is within the norm, so they say. The BP meds are working quite well now that my body has adjusted to them. I can't feel the difference, but I haven't seen my BP within the standard measurement in over a decade and after a couple of weeks, waalaa!

I give blood fairly often, but have rolling veins, so I just ask them to take it from my hand or wrist. It's easier that way, on both me and them.

When I was in the Army, we used to practice giving IV's to one another. I always hated those days as by the end of it all, my arms looked like they had been blasted by birdshot. LOL (On a side note though, a IV is a stupendous way of curing a hangover.
)

I hope that things get better for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night. You have been missed lately.
I think with all the Positive Thoughts for You,
That 'they' won't find anything Bad!
You know that even when You are not here, I, and I know the Others, Think of You!
To Me, ALL You Guys and Gals are ALWAYS on my mind.
I live and Breath ATS. The Shed 2 is Home for Me!!!
Without Everyone's Contact here, I feel empty......Truly Empty......
I Love CC a Great Deal, and the rest of my Family, but
This is My Magical Kingdom!!! I Appreciate You ALL!!!!!!

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join