It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

Edit: Just read Roswell Baby. Fantastic!!! Wow I loved it!!!

edit on 26-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
a reply to: SyxPak

Oh hey....thank you! That story continues into 'Not the End'....
I really loved those characters, and still want to continue with that story too.
Thank you so much for reading it!!!!!

I've been leaving comments on your threads, lol....go check!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM

LOL. I've replied to a couple of your comms. Plus, I had just clicked on the continual of Roswell baby when I came back here to see what's up. I'll read it shortly. posting to my responses on my tales right now...

back in a minute......

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:53 PM

So I've read not the end, and going down the page of comms, and the story keeps ongoing!! I love it! Great work there Jacy!! I'm on like part 3 now. Back in a flash......

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM

lol...Thanks Syx!
I think I'm all caught up on your threads now! Have so many tabs open I'm getting confused.

Seems like the 'bumping' of your poems is getting you some more replies...awesome!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM

Yes I noticed more hits in there!! Thanx Buddy!!! Just left the page of 'Not The End'.
I love that Story!! It is so kool!. Man the characters are perfect and their interaction is great!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM

Thank you, I really do appreciate your kind words!

Aerie and Ryan are special to me, lol. I became very attached to them when I was writing their story.
The next part of the story (time travel) was supposed to be a new entry to a fiction writing contest about time travel...but I ended up missing the deadline due to migraines.

I let the story slip away, but I still think about the characters. I would like Roswell Baby to be a book one day, alongside The Shed.

I think if I could have a year alone in a little house on a beach somewhere...I could be very productive, lol.
(Who am I kidding....I'd be lonely as hell likely....)

I really am happy that you read it!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM

LOL. That thought of getting away from it all crosses my mind to, a lot.
But Alas, I know I would be too lonely to function properly......

You have indeed bumped my Threads out into the light of day again!!!

Isn't this place great! Gordy said the other day how lucky we are to have this place! He is Right!!

I have been putting out the word for others to come here and join in. Maybe some will show up in the next couple/few days......

If not, I will still love being here!!!

EDIT: I think that book of the characters in 'Roswell Baby' and 'Not The End' would be great!!! I'd love to see that happen for You!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM

Yeah, I agree...this place is a little slice of Heaven, lol.

I'm so amazed at how many great writers there are here. Sometimes I feel humbled...and then honoured when someone I respect says they like my writing. We definitely encourage each other.

When I was reading earlier, getting caught up...I found myself smiling and then laughing. This place is magical.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:27 PM
a reply to: jacygirl internet is blipping off, so I've decided to go jump in the shower...and give the comp a break!

Syx...It's been so fun hanging out with you today....thank you!

I will check back in later!

*hugs for all*

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM

Yes it inspiring for us all to see and read and compliment on all the writings of each other here! I have always wanted to write, like my life story, and being here helps me to be able to put words into a coherent stream!
You ALL inspire me!!!

Jacy it has been great hanging out! Come back later!!!!?

EDIT: I am writing more to my Story, "Flight Through CyberSpace."

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
Knock Knock! Anyone Home?!

Flight Through CyberSpace Part 2 now finished!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
a reply to: [post=18340947]Syx

Hi, All. Been doing alot of reading. I had no idea that syxpak and others had stories out there. I tend to stay in the fragile earth or here. I have just started reading. WOW!!! You all have a gift. I have never tried to write like you all have. But I must say, My journey in the last year would surely make a good story. I suppose I would have to imagine things a little more differently, but I know my mind can go there.

My problem is I just don't have the time. I don't know how you all do it.

But I must say, I have read alot of books in my day, and you guy's, as far as I'm concerned really have a gift.

I don;t know maybe this winter I will give it a try, but in the mean time, I have a bear situation. The DNR was out today. I didn't get an opportunity to talk with them. Last nite were sitting outside and we heard this low, very low like breathing, we kept walking around try to find the source. We finally decided it was probably just a high flying plane. I have no clue what it was, but my babygirl Zoe seemed to be bothered by it.

Now, she could have been alittle freaked out because we were acting alittle weird. Well whatever it was, haven't heard it for almost 24hrs now I'm thinking something manmade.

Watching the bears get crushed by the seahawks. Maybe it's the football gods, telling me to conform.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:45 PM
a reply to: crappiekat

Nice to see ya Kat!! Thanx for the comps.
These other guys are very good at writing. I'm just weaning into it now. LOL!
That breathing would be freaky! Glad you all are ok now......
Maybe BigFoot? Keep your eyes peeled!!!

EDIT: And Yes your Journey of the Last year would be a Great Story!
Start taking notes, then start writing it out!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
Alas my evening here comes to an end.
Good Night Warriors! Pleasant Dreams to All!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:05 AM
Greetings travellers, wanderers in the void, my fellow warriors!

I bring mixed tidings from my quest of yesternight. I am, of course, speaking of my trip to the bar, to see if a certain young lady would be dropping by. She did not. However, all is not entirely in vain.

I found out that the lady in question frequents the "pound a pint" night on Tuesdays with regularity, so her absence last night was an anomaly rather than the norm. Also, I had a word with one of the security staff, with whom I have been acquainted for some ten years. She told me, upon my questioning of her, that not only was the lady I had been getting hit on by not a figment of my imagination, but that she seemed as engrossed as I did, by the interaction we shared.

She then activated her smartphone, and accessed Facebook, whereupon she typed in the name of the young lady, at which point the face that I recalled from that drunken night appeared on the screen. The photograph did her absolutely no justice what so ever. It failed to capture the light in her eyes, the delicate flush of her cheeks, or the way her pierced dimples move when she smiles...

Anyway, I was asked, by my friend in the security team, whether I would like for a message to be sent on my behalf, across the Facetubes, to the person to whom I was so eager to speak once more. However, I declined politely, since my intention is to go back there every week until we meet again, in a more natural and less pressurised situation. I find planning and arrangements merely make people behave strangely, but a chance encounter free of such things... Magic.

Next week then perhaps?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
Good Morning to All! How are we today?

True! Good to see that Your overindulgence of alcohol did not give you false thoughts the other night about the gal you spent time with!
I truly wish you the best of luck with the next encounter you may share with her!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:11 AM
My confession

Well, I’m back. My sabbatical has really not provided any answers, though I am a bit more mellow nowadays. Truth be told, I am questioning my own sanity. A part of me says that’s a good thing, as I haven’t gone all apathetic.

Theoretically, I should be a happy camper. I am one of those guys who does the positive/negative columns in life and on paper my life should be the cats meow. But it’s not.

On the plus side, I have stopped smoking, I don’t drink as much as I used to, and my health and finances get better every month. You’d think that would be a great thing, and it is, but at the same time, it isn’t.

Real life is the problem. Family, and local and worldwide problems have been grating my nerves lately. I know it shouldn’t bother me, as I know as an individual, there is only so much I can do. It’s like an itch that I can’t scratch. The stupidity and lack of common sense that I, (and you), experience daily has frayed my nerve. (It seems to be the last one I have left…LOL)

I’ve been down this road before…but the fix is never the same and obviously never long lasting. Sometimes, I wish I could just stop caring about others and just live in my own little narcissist cocoon. I’ve actually tried that once and it didn’t turn out very well. Probably one of my darkest moments in life, I just couldn’t do it and it made for more problems than it solved. I guess it’s not my nature to be that way.

I’ve always believed that recognizing a problem is the first step in solving that problem. That dictum has always helped me in the past. But as a student of history, I keep seeing the same crap raising its ugly head time and time again.

Whatever happened to, “Live and let Live?”

There is a part of me that wishes I could disconnect from the problems I see since I have little chance of affecting the overall outcome. But I can’t…As I said before, it’s not my nature to do so.

I heard this on the radio earlier and it struck a chord. (One of the few covers that I actually like). Hopefully I’m over the mental hump and can continue on. The phrase which I hate actually applies here, “It is what it is.”

And this is my theme song...maybe that's the problem?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
a reply to: TDawgRex

TDawg Bud!! Good to see you back! Welcome Home Bro!!!
Sorry you didn't find what you wanted. I gave up looking into myself for answers.
They were never what I wanted to see either. I have found this place to be my therapy
for what ails me. As far as the rest of the world and all it's problems, I realized a long time ago,I as an individual can't do anything about it. I don't like to waste the energy anymore on it all......
I love the cover you put up! Heard it yesterday while out on a drive, and commented to CC how much I liked it! It is def one of the better cover songs out there!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM

Your wishes of good luck are much appreciated Syx!

@ TDawg...

I dislike compromise in a massive way. However, sometimes it is necessary to accept that there are things that we as individuals cannot change. It is at least as necessary to do this, as it is to act when something comes up that we CAN change and SHOULD change.

Can I prevent someone being knocked down by a car in a city hundreds, or even thousands of miles away from where I live? No. But I can make sure that when I take a driving lesson, that I keep my crap together well enough to ensure the safety of myself, and others using the road alongside me. Can I stop barbarism all over the world from crushing the bodies and the spirits of those living in conflicted regions? No. But I can ensure that where I see people being abused, or poorly treated, or oppressed, that I speak up, and act to prevent it.

There are no easy answers, and I think it is worth pointing out, that if you DID not feel like this TDawg, then you would not be as much of a smashing bloke as you clearly are. Caring about things, living outside of oneself enough to empathise with those who are under one or another awful cloud, these are the marks of good people. YOU are good people.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>