It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I shall indeed!
***hands Mike a tissue***
NO! Not for THAT!!! LOL

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

LOL Gordy! Thanx for the tissue. I think I have a chance in a few days to go back home to visit friends and relatives. I miss them all so much. It's been months since we've been back home......No offense to anyone here as I love you all for befriending me and CC, but I want to see my old friends, and my relatives again. There's nothing like a Real Hug!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You CANNOT beat a REAL HUG!!!

I wish you all the best my friend! It will be brilliant!
We are all alive, but we don't all LIVE.

Living properly needs hugs! and abuse!!! from family and friends... what would we be without our family/friends??

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What would we be without Family and Friends indeed!!
I don't know if you knew it when writing that, how deep that really is!
The Truth abounds in that statement!!!!

Thanx Bud!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I KNEW!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night,
Quick question - do you have access to a laminating machine?
(You know the little "hot press" piece of equipment, looks a bit like a printer for a computer, can be used for "laminating" paper for making outdoor signs and for badge making etc. You can buy domestic ones online very cheap now.)

Well, in the autumn, you can gather up all the different types of fallen leaves from the garden/park, with all of their lovely shapes and autumnal colours, and arrange them in the laminating pouches, then laminate them!

You end up with lovely "pressed" leaves between thin clear plastic laminate, which you can then use as placemats/coasters or in the window as decorations - I do this every year for my boys and they LOVE picking and arranging the leaves, and the end results are stunning, but it's so simple to do!
The leaves don't deteriorate either because they are sealed in.

very cool!

G

Would love to have a laminating machine though they are too expensive around here. I have seen people preserve their flowers and leaves with wax paper or clear contact paper. I'll have to check the prices again. Maybe they have come down since I last looked.

What an awesome project to do with your kids Gordi!!!!! There is nothing like working with nature and making things with your o

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Nice pressed leaves Gordi. You should see the Autumn leaves we get around here with various hues of orange, reds and yellows. Stunning! Don't settle for the wrinkles! These are works of art! LOL

I have awesome little bookmarks I have made and cards and gift tags and now the glass picture frame things. If I can get ahold of my niece some day, she can take pics for me.

I love nature crafts. I used to make some gorgeous wreaths with dried flowers, but they can become pretty expensive.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Our own Gordi on the Out Of The Box radio show? How cool is that??

Can't wait to hear this!!!! Can't wait to hear your accent!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
These are not my designs, but just to show a few ideas to people. There are far more elaborate and detailed ones out there.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Those are kool Night! My Mom used to use grapevines that we had growin along the side fence and bend them into circles for wreaths! About half a dozen or so rounds, then after the circle was formed, she would add flowers, and other items to them! Each had it's own design, like one would be for like birds, another with X-Mas stuff on it. Ya get the picture. They would net her from 20 bucks, to 75 or so. She did well with just them! But she made ALL kinds of stuff, sold them and kept on doin that till her illness stopped her............

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Oh yes, the grapevine wreaths. Very nice! I hope your Mom took pics of her works before selling them. Many years ago, I used to sell items in a little shop. I regret that I didn't take any photos or keep any copies of the crafts for myself. It is so satisfying to see one's items in a shop.

I often think it would be nice to sell again, but I never know how I will feel from day to day. When a shop owner requests more of an item, you have to get to work and make the damned things. LOL

If you do really well, it becomes like a regular job as you are spending so many hours making things. Kind of takes the joy out of it. I love being spontaneous and just gathering materials when I feel like and putting something together.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I hear ya there on the spontaneity of it all! I'm sure there some photos somewhere on my Mom's wares. She made hundreds of things in her day! Was quite the crafty gal she was!!!!!!

EDIT: Gotta Fly Have a good evening! G'Night ALL!
edit on 22-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As the conflict ebbed and flowed, Anteros observed from within Dawgs mind.

“Is it always like this?” he asked.

“Is what always like this?”

“Fighting, conflict… It is as if I have not been imprisoned for centuries but rather only days. I see nothing has changed.”

“Well, you did kind of bring it on yourself when you essentially kidnapped me. You could have contacted us for help you know.”

Anteros chuckled, “And would you have helped? I think not, many of you thought of me as evil, some have even helped keep me imprisoned when I found a way out earlier. They filled the hole in the spell.” He laughed again bitterly, “You could say that from my point of view, it is I who find your friends to be the evil ones. They even unknowly helped the Wizard they now fight for naught.”

“What’s his story?”

“You’ll learn in time possibly, and that gives me an idea as well. I have consigned myself to this fate, it is something I cannot change.” His voice was melancholy, “I will let you go, but I would like just a little more time, not in control of you, but rather going along for the ride as you would say, tasting what you taste, seeing what you see, and basically experiencing what life is like one last time. Believe it or not, I’ve greatly enjoyed our time together.”

“Can’t say that I have.”

“Yes, I know, but I didn’t understand nor care why due to my fanatical desire to escape, but after watching these people flail about and hurt themselves battling ancient power that they have no way of ever killing it has helped set my mind right.”

“You mean my mind.”

“No, I mean my mind, I can take over your body, but it should be obvious I couldn’t take over your mind. I would like to help pay you for your unintentional service and show you ancient places that have not seen a visitor in thousands of years. It’s the least I can do. I know you love history and there is much we can learn from each other.”

“You sound like a used car salesman.”

“What is that?”

“Something I’ll have to teach you I guess. How long would this journey take? And what about my friends here?”

“I’ll leave that up to you. You have my word, I will leave when you ask. And your friends should be OK. He knows that if any real harm came to them, the Circle of the First would greatly increase his punishment, he knows he has it good here. I think he’s just exercising right now. I believe that you call it playing.”

“He doesn’t play very nice.”

“No he doesn’t…but he won’t kill either. What do you say to my proposal?”

Dawg walked up to Jacy, Foss, Homer and Night and gestured at the figures who seemed gathering themselves for the next round. “I have to take a walk-about with Anteros and I can’t think clearly with all this noise, I’ll be seeing later you though.”

Foss looked at him sternly…”Is this your idea or Anteros?”

Dawg smiled, “It’s an agreement, and besides, if he has chosen me to defend him, we do need to talk.” He shook hands all around and even accepted a couple of hugs. As he scootched past the battle circle, he swore that he could sense that they were all having fun. He looked around, “I could have sworn I saw Jane in there?” he wondered aloud. “I as well”, Anteros replied.

He stopped at the mouth of the cave and saluted everyone, patted Sporky on the side with a “good to see ya buddy” and melted in the forest.

edit on 22-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA...Bye Guys! Have fun!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Nice one Dawg!

Hang on - was that a HUG in there????

OK - YOU asked for it!!!!

Ugghh!!!!!
LOL
G

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

LOL!

I am so glad that my sister and my mother were both absent when I saw this image. Both of them would have flipped out in the most comprehensive and apocalyptic fashion, seeing a tarantula like arachnid crawling from a human mouth!

I hope that you are well Gordi!

That goes for the rest of the Sheddites also!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Good Morning Shed! Have a good one today everyone.

TDawg!! Nice edition and Good to See Ya Back!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Hey Dawg!

Good to see you! I hope your are in good spirits, and that your recent exploits have not involved serious sprains, bone breakage, unexpected lacerations, accidental arterial interruptions, or any other serious damage being inflicted on your person!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm going to take a sojourn from ATS for a bit guys. I should be in good spirits but I'm not and that baffles me. I'm in constant ornery mood nowadays.

I believe I know what my problem is, but I can't fix it. It is a problem that only time and patience can fix.

I'll be lurking around the forest though from time to time. I'll be back when things are squared away.

Y'all take care!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Damn...

Well, big love to you TDawg. May you find the peace you seek!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Awwwww Dawg, I'm going to miss you.

You sure you can't stay and we can feel crappy together??? People keep staying away when they aren't feeling their best. Man, I should just disappear then.

Gordi, I almost cried when I saw that spider pic. It literally gave me the chills. God how I hate those things!!!!!!!!!!

Been so weak and tired. Guess I'll sit outside in a while. Maybe the wind in my hair will make me feel alive or something.

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join