It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well, the weather down here is pleasant, if you like bright, warm mornings.

I went out last night. I got rather drunk, and then a lovely young lady braided my beard while chatting me up. Unfortunately, I neither got her number, nor am I sure whether or not I said goodbye before I left the pub... Aside from the drunken bit, it was all rather unusual!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hiya Gordi! I haven't mentioned how much I love your latest avatar!!!!! Cute frog poem.

CC, good job on catching Syx snoozing on the computer!!! Can't say I have never done the same because I have. I'm just lucky no one caught me and posted a pic. Hahahaha!

It's like I sit here and say to myself, just one more thread, one more thread, one more...zzzzzzzzzzz.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
True, if it were me, I would be braiding the hair on your head, not your beard. LOL

And a good morning to all!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOL
I say go back there tonight with a pirate hat on and do yer best Jack Sparrow impression!
She doesn't stand a chance!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night!
Callum was a cutie wasn't he! and the Kilt helps.... a little! LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Just pootling along through my day. Hope all is good in the worlds of the sheddites.

Mr Mura requested "something different" for dinner, like ... ummm ... empanadas?

LOL, I didn't even know what one is (and neither did he, I kind of suspect he just liked the way the word rolled off his tongue!!) so I had to look it up. Anyway, empanada dough is ready and two different fillings prepared and waiting to go in - spicy beef and cheesy potato. I hope he appreciates the effort because I wont be eating them myself.

This is what I am aiming for:

True, sorry, but this is what popped into my head when I read your post...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

LOL...

I am going to go back there next Tuesday actually. Tuesday night is pound a pint night (although that only applies to really crappy beverages), and therefore is the night of the week upon which it is most likely that she will return. She might not be there of course, and even if she is, she might be sober enough to realise what a beast I am, and even if she does not see it that way, there is the strong possibility that she is psychologically ruined beyond my ability to cope with, as has been every single person to ever show the remotest romantic interest in me.

However, I figure that if I do not at least make an attempt to get her number, then I would still be a massive idiot, despite the risk to my mental health

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Shhhhh...

It quiet time in the Shed.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

thanks..i did get another one later..haha...so when he did wake up i did get a picture of his face with the keys on them...haha...man am i mean or what....i guess thats what happens when it gets boring here..free entertainment..i think i spelled that right...but i have to find my cord for my camera and i forgot i didnt have the chip in the camera as i got the other picture out and forgot to put it back in when i took the key picture...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

thats cause syx is still sleeping...and its like 5:15 here...guess he needed some extra sleep..
edit on 20-8-2014 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, I for one am puzzled - Got up today, and it almost seemed like another reality; found that I'm in the process of getting my old job back at work (the one with less money, but less stress), and it was a little eerie as to how quiet the day was. What was also weird was that there was hardly any traffic in the morning, so my commute was less both ways.

Now, what is making me puzzled is that a while ago, I had to do a personality test at work; yesterday, everyone from my former team and my new team (including the manager) were all in the same room, and had to go over our scores. Funnily enough, my scores indicated that my old position was a better fit than the new one (something I knew, but I hate quitting something that I just got). Combine that with a person on the team leaving, and it's almost as if I was supposed to go back!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm smelling a change on the wind (or was that the smell of burnt food? Homer? Dawg? Care to comment?).

Seeing as I'm the last to be on; have a Good Night everyone!

This week is Ren. Fest here in MI, so maybe I'll treat everyone to some photos over the weekend.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Oooooh, takes lots of pics at the fest!!!!

Almost dropped my book in the pool a few times. I was sooooo sleepy. Finally I tossed the book onto the chair that is on the side of the pool, closed my eyes, soaked up the sun and almost fell asleep numerous times. LOL When I got out of the water I was like a frozen popsicle. Sat in the swing for some time then my sister came over with steak, mushroom and cheese sandwiches from a sandwich shop for herself, me and Mom. Added chips and a blonde brownie. YUM!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks Night!
Callum was a cutie wasn't he! and the Kilt helps.... a little! LOL

WAS? Oh my dear sir, he still is! Gonna be a charmer that one...the other one too!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Shhhhh...

It quiet time in the Shed.

Hello there lonely cricket! You can keep me company for a while.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Woke up at 5Am, fed the fish, let the Rat out to walk around in her big plastic ball thingy, drank coffee...still drinking coffee. Birds are chirping and sun is coming out from behind the couds.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The image of rat in her ball always makes me chuckle. I know if ever got a hamster or guinea pig I would probably do the same.

This will be one of the few hot and humid days this year. Looks like I'll be spending it at the park today.
And a T-storm tonight so I should sleep like a rock as well. Love it!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hello Night Star, and indeed greetings to all shedizens!

As you may recall, I had a late, and somewhat drunken evening on Tuesday. So drunken were my exploits that a certain percentage of the night (the portion between preparing to leave the bar, and arriving home, aside from a ten minute stroll through a graveyard!) was lost in some kind of alcoholic amnesia.

As you may also be aware, Wednesday is my driving lesson day. The Rumover was intense upon waking, and abated slowly as the morning progressed. Nonetheless, I was feeling in fine spirits (I kill myself, I really do. Punnerific!) by the time my instructor arrived. We drove about as normal, shooting the breeze between my instructors measured and sage advice. Three quarters of the way through the lesson, I asked my instructor "So... Are we headed to pick up my cousin for her lesson?", knowing as I do that she takes the slot after me on a Wednesday. I literally saw the cogs turning in my instructors noggin, and the terrible penny make its crashing descent. He had double booked her slot, completely forgetting her lesson.

He bade me pull over, and placed a call to my cousin. Discovering that she was ten minutes out from the pick up point, he said to me "Are you confident that you can drive there while I make a call?". To this I responded in the positive. He then said, can you do it quickly? At this I grinned, and moved off. There are some lovely winding backroads on the route, not to mention some small roundabouts, so while my instructor made his call, I had great fun navigating the route at the maximum speed allowed on the roads involved!

Despite having been about ten miles away when we started our journey, I still managed to get us there JUST as my cousins lift was pulling in! Badassery all the way!

I then returned to work, since my midweek day off is cancelled while the legal issues we have been experiencing are a factor. When the working day ended, I elected to go back to town, to see if any of my people were free and bored. They were all being boring, and were either busy, asleep, or otherwise engaged. So, I found myself at an end of extreme looseness. I decided to go back to the pub which I had been patronising at the time of my booze fuelled neurological failure, to make sure that I had behaved myself in a manner commensurate with my preference for gentlemanly conduct, and that I had not broken anything on my way out.

I was informed by the staff that indeed, I had managed to leave the place without causing any criminal damage, bodily harm, or offence! That done, I left the bar, and thought about buggering off home. As I went toward the bus stop, I bumped into two people that I knew by way of my having patronised several open mic nights, and having seen them perform. These fellows had guitars and a small portable amplifier with them... We ended up on the cliff tops, them playing, me clapping and rolling the odd cigarette. Drawn by the music, ANOTHER acquaintance of mine appeared, and informed us that there was a drum circle meeting a few hundred yards along the cliff tops, so we all bundled over there!

The place they had chosen to play floor drums was perfect, a semicircular lookout point of Victorian era construction which overlooks the Thames, and the wonderful landscaped area immediately beneath the sheltered lookout point. Being in the space while many drums were played, was a sensation which moved more than just the ear drums. You could feel every beat of every drum, and every surface from the benches, to the floor and walls, and the empty window frames, had its own resonant response to the sound.

So... All in all, yesterday was MENTAL!

How are all of you?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Sounds awesome Truebro!
I could have loaned you my Cajon drum to join in with!!

I've been invited onto "Out Of The Box" ATS radio to chat about my Web based Radio station!

We might have to close it down as our initial years domain reg and site fees are up for renewal soon, and not that many people have used the site yet, so we don't know if it's worthwhile continuing with it.
I started a thread about it, asking why it wasn't working as well as we'd hoped and EVERYONE has been super supportive of the idea and the site????
So I have no idea why it's not working???

Anyway, I need to set up skype to allow the host to chat to me... are you available to test my skype set-up at some point True? Maybe with a test call?
I haven't a clue how to work the darned thing!! LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I am available to help you test your skype, but you might want to ask Cody or Rodinus. The reason for that, is that skype does not always recognise my inbuilt webcam (Hewlett Packard... Total chumps, could not organise a scat flinging match in a sewer hub). This causes much fiddling about to make the cam activate and get recognised by the skype servers, and if you are testing YOUR gear and set up, you would be better off testing with someone whose connection is not beset by its own issues!

ETA:

That said if you are happy stabbing in the dark, about sevenish this evening will see me at my laptop in all probability!
edit on 21-8-2014 by TrueBrit because: REASONS!!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Cheers bud - I will let you know!!
I think I am just about there with the skype setup on my Laptop but dont have mic/vid on my PC yet...

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join