It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Oh, did I forget to tell you guys about my appointment? Nice Doctor from India. He says that all (or most?) of his smokers have elevated white blood cell counts. He said there are many things that can cause it like infection, inflammation, cancer...When he said inflammation I said BINGO! Told him I'm in pain every day. And he knows I smoke. Still, he is sending me for blood work and I see him again in about a month.

Well I'm giving in and when I see my regular doctor in October I will ask for a stronger pain med. I literally broke down and cried today. I can take a lot of pain, but it has been agony lately. I can't do much of anything any more. Tried washing the floor yesterday. OW! Today I was sorting through the things on the shelves in my kitchen, re-potting some plants and little things here and there and later I was dying! OW!!!!!!!! I have been pushing myself to do more lately and that's what I get...PAIN and AGONY!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
G just checkin' in!

Not been online much, RL stuff - mostly OK to good! (Some crap!! LOL)
Working today then Band practise later... might get the chance to pop in and say hi at some point.

Laterz

G

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Hey guys

I seem to have picked up a troll LOL, got bored with him very quickly

Sorry been a tad busy here, hope you are all well, normal service will be resumed .................... with luck

Cody

*cracks knuckles and rolls up shirtsleeves*

Right... wheres the action

Just popping on to say Hiya to you all as pretty busy with some interesting projects going on right now.

Hugs to the ladies and virile handshakes to the Gents.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Woot!

Hey Night Star! Good to get an update!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's wonderful to see all the gang making their way here to say hello - Gordi, Rod, Cody, True it's good to know that you are all still out there and even if busy with RL have come to the shed to let us know you are around. Syx, your calls to check in are working!

Gordi, sorry to hear that some RL is crap, but that's RL for you. At least you say it is mostly OK to good. Sounds like you have been having a great summer anyway.

Rod, when you describe a project as 'interesting' we know it's got to be mind blowing because your normal projects are usually so interesting in themselves. How is Terrence?

Cody, your own personal troll? They are a bit like those tamagochi pet things from the 90's - fun for a while then tedious. Remember - DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!

Glad to see the stalwarts here too. Hi all, have a super day. I'm off to do that stuff I was avoiding yesterday.

... Just thinking, there was a time when all my friends were having their 21st birthdays, then came the phase of the weddings followed shortly by the baby showers and christenings. Now my friends have entered the 50th birthday craze. For the first time this weekend I will be attending the 50th birthday party of a close friend of my own, not someone else's friend or a relative. I know this happens to all of us, but yet I still feed the need to comment on the weirdness.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Hiya Mura.

Yep definately an interesting project coming up but I can't say anything else for the moment as it is top secret.

Might be moving down to the South coast though next year...

Terence is faring up just fine and dandy and sleeps in the kennel with the womble dog and then comes out to bully and play with Scooby Doo during the daytime (when he isn't bullying the womble that is).

He even has a poke at the cats from time to time but they just ignore him and have taken out their frustration on a couple of pigeons instead... lots of pigeon feathers were found in the garden when coming back from the holidays...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Mura...

May I suggest something, to lessen the weirdness of which you speak, which issues forth from the passing of time?

When the sun has been below the horizon for more than an hour, and the sky is clear, look up into the vault of the heavens, and try to see the faintest star that you can lay your eyes upon. Chances are, that star will be the furthest from us that you can see from your location.

The light that passes through your eye, which is then decoded by your retina and your mind, that stars light is eons old. The star you see may no longer exist. It may have died in ages long past, when even our ancestors were but apples in the eye of time. We human beings live such short lives, that the passage of time seems fleeting, rapid, inexorable, but the stars in the sky bare testament that indeed, even the mightiest structures on the face of creation, are supplicant to its whims.

Entropy, the unfolding and unraveling of the thread of the universe over time, the return of all complex structures to simpler forms, these are the underlying mechanisms which claim all things over time, and yet within each of us short lived, mortal beings here on Earth, there survives chemical components which used to lay at the heart of an ancient star. We are nothing but motes, built up around the dust of long dead stars. No single element, compound, or structure of which any one of us are comprised, is ever wasted, or destroyed utterly. We are each of us, like stars which emit light which can be seen long after their collapse, comprised of components which will be re-used, reformatted over eons and eons.

Whether one chooses to believe in eternal life after death from a religious perspective, the fact is that just as we contain material which was blasted forth from the heart of a dying star, the material of which you are made now will exist in one form or another until the heat death of the entire universe, each and every molecule, compound, element, and subatomic particle. Doctors will tell you, that a great deal of your body is remade every ten years or so, by replacement of damaged cells by newly created ones. But the material resources used to create those cells are no different or any younger than the rest of the universe broadly speaking.

We are all as old as the universe, and yet as newborns beside it, even when we reach our dotage.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night! Actually, I think you did already tell us of the appt. My Bad memory and all......
Now I feel like one of the biggest Babies out there Night. I've been cryin so much lately, I have like permanently Red Eyes! Bawlin on the way to the hospital yest, did it while I was there, did it a few hour ago here. Haven't been asleep yet because of my newer burn sites. I get so Fuk n tired of this $H! t.
I'm glad I don't own a gun.
Ok, enough of that crap......

~ ~ Gordy, Rod, Mura, True!!!! It's so nice to see Ya's checkin in here! Thanx, as I don't need any more stress at the moment! LOL!!!
Mura, You are right that My Call-Out did work!!

Except for Jacy, Homer, Foss, TDawg and several others that elude me right now......

My tired brain is overworked, stressed, and shuttin down now......

Oh, True! That reply to Mura, is just like, WoW! Beautiful!!!

Speakin of checkin in, I thought I would do just that, and am now going to try to get some sleep......
Hope to see You's a little later, for Coffee, Tea, Booze, or whatever ya need to get your day going! LOL!

G'Night, G'Morn! Syx.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Good morning my lovelies!
*squishy hugs* for all!

I spent yesterday running other people around to do errands, and it looks like I volunteered to do it again this morning.
Damn you real life...you are infringing on my Shed time!

Syx, it sounds like you may have a disc bulging in your lower back and pinching your sciatic nerve? I have to deal with that, and the pain is overwhelming!

Sorry, I'm not quite awake yet....need more coffee...but I'm here for a bit this morning, and will be back on later.

*yawn*....*stretch*....*bitch/moan/whine*.....

jacy

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey Jacy lady!

I have not clapped my digital eye upon you for some time in these parts! How have you been lately? I hope that you are well!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hiya hunny!

I'm just fine, thank you. Glad you had such a great time at Bloodstock! (So jealous that you got to see Mega Dave, lol)

I've been on a Monty Python binge lately...watched Life of Brian and Holy Grail...tonight's movie is Meaning of Life. I was getting kind of depressed about how crappy everything is, so decided to just mock it all. Nobody mocks better than the Monty Python gang, lol.

How are you doing?
jacy

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Im sorry to hear that things are being a bit of a crap sandwich at the moment jacy, but at least you have an excuse to binge on The Pythons... as you rightly say, there is nothing better for mocking the universe, than the total absurdity of The Pythons!

Regarding Mega Dave, I was a little bummed out, because my camera hates night shooting with a passion, and I had not seen my pictures on a large screen until last night, just the small screen on my camera. I was pretty sure that the pictures would all come out a bit.... naff.

However, I got some passable, if slightly grainy shots of the mad bugger sawing away at his guitar!

It was a great weekend, but I am SO stoked that I got to see Emperor. I have only taken my Emperor hoody off in order to sleep and shower so far since purchasing it (I am 29, I should be way over that kind of silliness by now. Ho hum!).

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Can you post any pics from the concert? Even a grainy Dave, lol?

You think being 29 means you should be 'over that kind of silliness'?? Good grief....NO!!
Embrace the silliness!! (In fact, the older you get...the sillier you should be!)

I was in a department store a few days ago, and found a stuffed dragon. I perched it on my shoulder, and walked around like that while I did my shopping. It was a real conversation starter....hahaha....

jacy

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Lol That with The Dragon Jacy!! That would have been a kodak moment for sure!

As far as the Nerve deal, I am afraid you are probably right above it getting pinched from a bulging disk! That is what lead me to my 4 surgeries before! Well, the disk was actually blown apart! Pieces of it had migrated further up into my spinal track and were 'growing in'! After my Fusion, surgery number 4, that doc told me I would be putting extra stress now on the disk above and below the fusion site! Bummer that!

The Pain clinic doc last week said, " If it burns up front like that, it is from a whole different nerve problem"! Great, Right?! LOL!! I would NOT be surprised if I cracked my hip though, as I don't drink milk, and I know my calcium level is way low, to non existent! And that is where it hurts the most actually, and spreads down the front of left leg.
I cracked my lowest point on my pelvic a couple/few yrs ago! I was in the attic, low ceiling, and on my feet, crouched down, with bent knees, (picture it?) And I started to get a cramp in my thigh! I immediately shot my leg out in front of me, to stop the cramp in it's tracks, and I cracked that bone!!! Hurt like hell to even sit down, and when I did, I had to slowly ease myself into a chair. I could barely walk too. Was a bad deal all around!!

Well this time if I do have another blown disk, I will insist that the doc, which one I don't know at this point, do a Fusion First Thing!!! Screw that Laminectomy crap!!! LOL!!! (You know, where they just cut off the bad part of the disk, to put it simply......)

TRUE!!! Never Grow Up!!! It's A TRAP!!!! LOL!!!!
edit on 14-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I will try to. If I cannot post for image size reasons, then I am prepared to E-mail the MegaDave shots to you if you would like them. Some of them are total crud, but I can send you the selection if you would like. I just have to get all the shots organised into folders so that they can easily be sent!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Oh, True! That reply to Mura, is just like, WoW! Beautiful!!!

Yes it is. Thanks True. That is a beautiful thought to carry with me to the party on Saturday.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I hope you have a nice day on Saturday!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

TRUE!!! Never Grow Up!!! It's A TRAP!!!! LOL!!!!

Syx, Hahahahaha! My parents used to say don't ever get old, but then they realized what the alternative was and said never mind. LOl

When you are young and healthy you have the world by the tail, but once you start with physical problems it seems things just go down hill from there. It's like mentally and emotionally we can still be fun loving kids/teens/twenty somethings, but physically it's like...Oh my God, I'm turning into Grandma!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
True, how do you do that??? It's like you open mouth and magic comes out. So enchanting!!!!! And an English accent too...deep sigh. If I were young and gorgeous and living in England...LOL Don't worry though, I'm old enough to be your Mom. OMG, I'm old enough to be True's Mom.

Good to see everyone this morning!!!! Waves at her sisters Jacy and Mura and the gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok, all my Lovlies, I am going to go sit outside and enjoy this gorgeous cool comfortable sunny day while I can. Have to do Mom's laundry later. I don't even want to do my own. LOL

I shall see you all later today or tonight. Have a great day!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join