It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Oh...I believe that if ET life were eyeballin' humankind, the moon or underneath us would be the place to do it from. That is unless they could clone us as well. But this is all a discussion for the Grey Area or Aliens forum. But be forewarned, that can be a rough room and plenty of people have been banned.

If you go there, always, and I do mean ALWAYS, be civil. Don't let others push your buttons.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Personally, I believe that the mathematical probability of our being alone in the universe is absolutely minimal, and is reducing all the time.

However, I have seen nothing which leads me to believe that we have FOUND evidence of that life, anywhere, at all. The moon, Mars, Earth, no where. I await the day when I DO see some evidence which has weight and does not rely on any level of suspended disbelief. Ever since I was a child, I have desired to know the contents of the wider universe, longed to see a day when such a massive question was answered.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I believe that there is life out there, but liken it to actually walking to the UK to visit you. Too many barriers and distance.

And for those of religious beliefs, Chances are that we would just run into ourselves. After all God made man in his own image, so why wouldn't he do the same elsewhere?

But these are questions that I have thought of, but don't ponder over to much. They're quite large.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

True, click the link in my signature! I'm tellin ya, a profesional scientist examiines, scrutinizes, and quantifies Mars Images. They found Man/alien made structures. Skip to 30 minute mark. Before that they go into details on how they come to their conclusions that the structures ARE NOT Natural formations!! It is a bit slow documentary, but very fulfilling as far as getting confirmation on previous, or current life on Mars!!! You won't regret watching it. I only wish I could get ANYONE to watch that film! I stumbled on it yrs ago, and am still floored by it!!

EDIT: " longed to see a day when such a massive question was answered." Watch it and You will get your answer!!!!!!

edit on 12-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Syx, no offense, I've seen that video before. But it didn't convince me. While I want to believe, I am also a see it, taste it, feel it, and pass it through my lower intestine kinda guy.

I have to know for myself...and not take others words for it. Religions and Science always base their word upon their findings and are constantly proven wrong.

Maybe magic, of the human mind, does have a place after all.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

As impressive as the video may be (I have not watched it, because I have been fiddling about with my camping gear, cleaning my kit, and generally milling about this evening), I very much doubt that a significantly solid bit of proof can possibly be contained within it. If there were proof in a youtube video, of the existence of intelligences other than our own in the universe, then it would either have gone viral by now, or been taken down by the authorities.

Furthermore, PROOF of the existence of intelligent life, CURRENTLY milling about the universe cannot be gained from artefacts, mere archeology. Anything we do find on Mars, even if it was fashioned by an intelligence rather than being a strangely shaped rock, cannot be considered proof of contemporary alien life, since clearly there IS no civilisation on Mars at this point.

However, if what you are saying is that during this video, a straight up alien lifeform, can be seen recreating scenes from Singing In The Rain, in an effort to communicate with us primatives, then perhaps the video is as stunning as you suggest! However, I must be off to bed now, so I will bid you all a good night.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No offense taken Dawg. Sorry, got sidetracked here for a bit.
And Yah, I'm more of a hands on, kinda guy too. I find somethings hard to grasp, if I can't do a few of the senses to it. I analyze a lot too. Drives CC crazy at times. However, after all that said, I did find the vid very interesting, and provocative! Even though it was long drawn out, kinda really boring, it held me in a chokehold as the info kept pouring forth! I found it hard to look at, in any other way but what they were saying. I watched it twice, when I first found it a long time ago. I wanted to make sure that what I saw, I had actually seen. LOL!

I want to find a program, that would let me take this full length vid, and edit/cut it up into smaller segments, while keeping each one informative? Make maybe a dozen shorter videos from it...
You guys have any idea what I would be looking for, in this field? Like the name of a program?

Hmmm, just thought, I could go to CNet . com and look there for video editors. They usually have some pretty good freebie programs there. Gonna fly for the night guys.
Take it easy, and see ya's tomorrow. G'Night ALL! Syx.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

No biggie True that ya don't want to view the vid. There are a lot of people who think just the same way as you, on this topic, and that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
Once I get the main video into smaller, like 4 or 5 minute pieces, I'll let ya know, so you can check one out.... Down the road a little ways, if ya want to. Ok, gotta fly. Later on Man! Syx.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I believe in aliens Syx.
With the universe being so vast, I can't imagine we are the only planet with sentient beings.

I got new fish! Two more fancy beautiful guppies and an exotic colorful betta that cost twice as much as a normal one. LOL I just love watching these little beauties swim around. I have a small aquarium with my tiger barbs, fancy guppies, a neon, an algae eater with tiny polka dots and whiskers and a couple of tiny snails...Then I have 3 large glass bowls. In one I have my blue betta, in another I have my rescued goldfish and in the last, my gorgeous new betta. They all have fake plants in their tank/bowls. Looks so pretty.

Hey True, good to see you my boy! I missed you and your charming, eloquent way of speaking. Glad you had such a great time at the concert!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I had a RIDICULOUS time at the festival! I saw my all time favourite black metal band, Emperor, not to mention the rest of the mighty line up, including Megadeth, and Down, you know, the band with Phil Anselmo, formerly of Pantera fame!

I am so full of metal, that I can barely contain it! Now, when feeling like this, some metalheads can often fear a rapid explosive decompression, which, in the event of being full of metal, can involve some pretty comprehensive fragmentation damage being inflicted on ones surroundings. Luckily, I have a bass guitar, so I can relieve the pressure in twenty minute bursts every night!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi Guys. A little after 4:00 A.M. here. I'm Not up for the day. Was hurting bad, and that woke me up. I took a few Tabs of Acetomenophin, and waitin for them to take the edge off. If I take my good pain killers, They will keep me up, and I'm not quite ready to be up for the day yet...... The aceto's usually get rid of minor body aches, and that type of mild pains, so hopin they do their job, soon enough......

EDIT: Ok, time to grab a nap. Catch Ya's All later on. Syx.

edit on 13-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Damn. Sorry to hear that your aches and pains have awakened you from slumber. That is never a pleasant experience. A much better herald of consciousness is the warm touch of summer sun on ones face, or the cold caress of winters icy hand across ones chest. To be awoken by a body which conspires against one, throwing out pain signals with gay abandon is not conducive to having a good time.

I am glad that you have effective pain relief medication however. I have several friends with chronic ailments, who find getting effective relief extremely difficult, so the fact that you have access to good medication is certainly a blessing, though one would obviously prefer that you did not require it, and were not in any pain at all!

Good luck getting your stolen REM sleep back my friend!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL, OMG, almost spit my coffee out! No, not furniture polish...hairspray!!! Well, usually I use that on wasps, bees and other flying things. Spiders, they don't usually know what hit them. I'll grab a book and WHAM!

Lol Night. You really shouldn't kill spiders, it's bad luck, see?

A woman in Hutchinson, Kansas, is charged with arson after police say she set her home on fire during an attempt to kill a spider, the Hutchinson News reports.

bad luck to kill a spider

As for wasps, bees and other flying things.... well the times I have spent hours planning a perfect science lesson, got the kids into the classroom, everything is going well, experiments bubbling away on Bunsen burners, pupils engaged, focused, learning stuff and then ... a teeny weeny little lost bee buzzes into the room. This happens:

On another note, I wish I liked Pringles. Their container tubes are so useful.

And isn't procrastination a wonderful thing? By avoiding doing the work I should be doing I have actually achieved so much - finished the ironing, changed the bedding, washed the kettle, washed the bathroom floor, learned all about easter eggs in Disney movies from google (! don't ask, it's ridiculous how easy it is to get sidetracked) and popped in here.

I am dying for a cup of tea but I am too scared to plug in the kettle, having given it a good wash right up to the plug

True, it's great to have you back. Sounds like you had a brilliant time, no less than you deserve.
Hugs to all, apart from Dawg who has threatened to let loose a spider for every hug. Dawg, you get a belly rub instead. I hope you all have a super day.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Good morning my awesome shed family!

Syx, my pain wakes me up a lot too. Yesterday just shopping with my friend it was almost agony. I don't want to get a stronger med right now because I'm only 56 and things get worse as we age. The stronger the med, the more side affects. So I suffer through every day and night and it becomes a part of me.

True...Oh my awesome British metal head friend, I can't tell you how many amazing concerts I have seen through the years. I remember back when you could get tickets for under ten bucks I think. Now they are 50 bucks and more. Needless to say, it has been many years since I have had the pleasure of seeing a good show. There was a year here and there where a friend took us to see metallica and another time it was the trans Siberian orchestra for xmas.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say to you was this: You should be a poet!!!!!!!! You have to get published and share your eloquence and imagery and all out amazingness LOL I made up a word.

Mura, you cracked me up with your post! LOL You know the weird thing is when I am in the process of spraying hairspray on a bee or wasp or whatever I feel bad. It is a slow death and it bothers me. But if I can't reach them to smash them quickly...well, you know how that goes. There has been a little lone spider in a corner in my bathroom for a while now. As long as he stays small and stays put, I'll leave it be. I get nervous if I don't see him in his corner. LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good day Night Star!

One of the many reasons to like Bloodstock better than the other British metal festivals, is that the price is so reasonable when compared to other events of its type, and at the same time caters to the metalhead with the heaviest of tastes, rather than the softer mixture of stuff played at Download for example! Next years Bloodstock ticket, is around the £120 mark. If I went and saw all the bands I saw this year, but individually, if you tally up the cost of traveling back and forth, and drinks and other sundry expenses, it would come out closer to a grand or so. I calls that a bargain!

As for getting published as poet, apparently one of my very ancient poems made its way into a small run of books of poetry by various unnamed authors, because my first ex girlfriend (for whom I wrote the poem, and to whom I had sent it) asked me if I would not mind her putting it up for printing. I told her that the poem was her property, that I had given it to her freely, and did not give a fig what she did with it. Now as for the name of the publication, I cannot possibly remember. This was about ten years ago, if not a slice longer, so I have no hope of recollecting that detail at this point! I remember that the poem was basically about how the break up made me feel, and how her behavior had affected me.

But with regard to further efforts to throw my poems out there for all to see... I am happy enough with a small number of readers. I require no validation, and therefore have no reason to seek more readers than I have at the moment.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey guys

I seem to have picked up a troll LOL, got bored with him very quickly

Sorry been a tad busy here, hope you are all well, normal service will be resumed .................... with luck

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hey All! CC and I have been at a park for a while with our Daughter, and Grandaughter. Back now, and I, at least am resting.
I wish I knew where the nerve was that's causing all the freakin discomfort. I would get out my handy knife, and cut that son of a beeatch in half, stopping the pain signal from hitting my brain!
Still tempted to just start hacking away and hope I hit the right one. Man I hate this $h! t!

Cody good to see you checking in! I know I am not alone in thinking that I get concerned when not hearing from our absent members for more than a day, or so...... 2 days is almost not tolerable, for me at least.

Speaking of absenteeism, You who I am speaking of, PLEASE check in today?! Even to just say Hi, and that you are ok, or whatever your condition may be......

Thanx, Syx.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

LOL Mura!! I liked the line about the little lost bee buzzin into the room, then, the photo happens!!! That is some funny stuff there!!!

LOL!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok, Noone here to come out and Play, So I'm gonna fly away. See ya Ya's, maybe at least one of Ya? Tomorrow.

G'Night. Syx.

EDIT: NightStar? I hope your Doctor Appointment went well today? I hope so.
If Not, I'm sorry bout that, and don't mean to upset You by asking...... Plus, remember You can talk to us about it all, Ya know?
K, Later, Syx.
edit on 14-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join