It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I know I will take some flack on this posting, But I don't care about that. Mainly just wondering where it goes. Like in The Grey Area, Skunk Works, or ??? I have only ever posted poems, in short stories, so......

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

You could post it any one of several places, but I would say that the best place for this would be the "Gray Area". Its a little speculative, and the data provided can be interpreted in several different ways, so that would be the best place for it I would think!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I know I will take some flack on this posting, But I don't care about that. Mainly just wondering where it goes. Like in The Grey Area, Skunk Works, or ??? I have only ever posted poems, in short stories, so......

I'm thinking that one would go into the Grey Area...or maybe the aliens forum. And General Chit-Chat would always work...until a Mod put in a more appropriate forum, though that is rare. Chit chat is Chit Chat after all. But there are limits.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes I watch SkyNews as I have cut the cord over here and getting International news on call is a pain in the ass. I see that Bertha hit y'all, but what I didn't see was the idiot weather guy standing on the pier, cars washing down roads, etc, etc. But on radar it looked pretty bad.

I take it it wasn't that bad? Or are you guys really that stoic?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ok, Thanx True!

Now, Dawg and True, Do Either of YOU see anything in there?
Or do ya think I'm either hallucinating, crazy, or both? LOL!!!
Don't worry about my feelings, as I have none on this. LOL! But I really thought I can see some stuff there...... It wasn't like I was even looking for anything in particular, just thought I was going to see buildings in the pic, originally......
Thanx.

EDIT: I'll re-post it here, so ya don't have to go back and forth......

Oh, and save, then blow it up. Is easier to see items.

edit on 12-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That'll have to wait to whether I see items or not. I'm cookin' dinner so it it is dash between confuser and the stove.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No prob bud. Didn't know you were burnin, I mean cookin supper there! LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well, it was not widely broadcast on visual media, but a couple of papers covered some of the weirder effects of the weather.

Apparantly we had some small tornado action over some parts of the country, which snapped trees off their roots, and threw them at houses and such like, and one woman was injured when a tree was thrown into the car she was about to get into, at which point a whirling storm of glass shards from the broken windows is supposed to have hit her. I have not heard about any deaths as a result of such things as of yet.

With regard to how I personally was effected by the weather event which struck the nation, there was a bit of rain over Bloodstock, and the wind kicked up a little on Saturday night, through to about lunchtime on Sunday. There was a break of a little while, then a little more rain during some of the later bands. It did make the ground a little muddy underfoot, and at one point during Saturday the rain came down so forcefully, that visibility was reduced to a mere ten feet, and conversation underneath the gazebo, which myself and the other Bloodstockers with whom I was camped had taken shelter, became quite impossible for around five minutes.

Other than that, I felt it was pretty tame, but there again, I was not on the South West coast. Apparantly they got a hurricane force bludgeoning, but there has been no report of anything lethal or massively terrifying. So in short, some people need some glazing done, broken fences mended, cars fixed, and wounds healed, but other than that, as far as I am aware, nothing doing dude.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

True, can I ask, do you guys even get tornados there, usually?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That's good. I've been through quite a few Hurricanes and tornadoes (Hurricanes seem to breed 'em like demon spawn). I was younger then of course. and sadly enough, thought of helping out in the aftermath as great adventure...not something that had to be done. I was a idiot when I was younger obviously.

Good to hear that any damage was minimal.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The scale of those items, judging by the distance from the rover, leads me to believe that these are just rocks, and not even big rocks at that. However, I am not an imaging expert, and also the colour scheme of the image does not make for massive clarity!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Britain actually gets MORE tornados on average than the USA does, its just that the overwhelming majority of the ones we get are utterly pathetic and tiny, certainly when compared to the gargantuan Ruinstorms that blow through Tornado Alley.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yah I hear ya on the clarity prob. But if you blow that image up, there , some have even told me, is a small 'bottle' by the item marked 'A'. Inside the smallest red box...... It looks like it has a white label on the lower half, or 3/4 of the lower part of the bottle, and green/blue glass, at the top 1/4....? That was the first item I saw there, then the hat at 'C'......

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Wow, I wasn't aware that You guys have so many tornados there!!? That's freaky. I wonder why they are not as strong there? Not that I am wishing that on You over there, of course......

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I blew the image up like it was lazer painted bud. Nothing doing! Seriously, no matter what I do to the image, it just looks like rocks to me!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I think we get such small tornados, because our nation is very small, in terms of landmass. The types of weather systems which cause the strongest Tornados, need plenty of land under them for some reason, to spawn a powerful tornado, but we only have a very small amount of land to work with here.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Wow, I wasn't aware that You guys have so many tornados there!!? That's freaky. I wonder why they are not as strong there? Not that I am wishing that on You over there, of course......

It's geography and weather patterns and how they mix. Tornadoes are every where. Eastern Europe gets quite a few. though most, not all, are weak in nature compared to US tornadoes. We have the unfortunate honor of being a large land mass that is conducive to them.

Wind/weather usually tracks west to east, and once over the Rockies, combined with warmer weather coming from the south and colliding with the northern weather...Blammo. Storms!

Same works for Hurricanes.

You'll notice that the weather guy/gal always talks about the Hurricane/Tornado seasons. It's true, there are seasons that bring big storms.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Letting my meal cool off. Mmmm, homemade Pizza!

Looked at the images and I concur with True. They look like rocks to me. Not sayin' I don't believe in ET life, just not seeing it here.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Ok, Thanx for tryin to 'see' inside the image True! I appreciate it.

That makes sense,about land mass having to do with the intensity of a tornado, kinda. If you consider, like you said, we have More mass over here than You do over there, then the mass/strength ratio make sense......

Tdawg, Yah, I was aware of the seasonal aspect of Tornados, and other weather systems/storms being created at diff times of the year!
But thanx, for the refresher.
My ole withering brain needs the boost of refresher knowledge every now and then! LOL!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ok, thanx Man for lookin. I was under the impression that there is so much stuff in that photo, that the pic must have been taken in the california desert or elsewhere other than Mars! LOL!!!

I have been looking at anomolies in photos for years. At first I was unable to see anything, like yourselves. But after a while, you can tell the difference between a rock, and a dust covered piece of metal... I found a radar dish setup on the moon, along the edge of a small chasm. Plus one under the edge of a ledge... Of course, I can't find the photo right now. I believe it was on my previous hard drive, before it took it's final plunge into the abyss that is Hard Drive Death......

If you have a couple hours sometime, watch the video I have a link to, in my signature. Actually you can skip to like 30 minute mark, for better imaging. They talk about how the images they are going to show HAVE to be, manmade, alienmade, and NOT natural formations, in the first 30 mins or so of the video. Then they show the picture in question, while drawing over it, to enhance the outlines of buildings, and other structures on Mars!! Then they do a 3-D rendered model of what the structures look like, for better clarity. BUT there is NO mistake!! There are Structures in that Image!!! Fascinating Stuff! After seeing the video, you will be able to get a better understanding on how to spot man made items, in otherwise natural surrounding(s) videos and pictures......

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join