It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Evening all.

I'm just back from another fabby weekend "On The Island"!

It was a festival weekend - The SAIL AND OAR festival, a kind of celebration of the sea-faring life of the Islanders!
There were displays of old hand-made boats, canoes, kayaks etc.
Some traditional crafts, music, and a range of water sports to try out too.

I helped out as crewman on the safety boat for the Skiff racing on the Saturday, then had a nice dinner and drinks at my pals house before heading on to the Ceilidh dance that night. Wee Dougie was a star-turn on the Dancefloor!!!! ROFL He had EVERYONE in the place crying with laughter with his awesome dance moves! (Chip off the old block??? NOT!)
I am VERY tired today. Can't hack it like I used to!

Am loving all the story additions and silliness... (but trying to forget about the drooool! LOL)

I used to get teased in the band... (when I was drumming in the Rock Covers Band) we had a big raised platform for the drums to sit on (called a Drum-Riser), and the running joke was....

"How can you tell when the Drum-Riser is level???

... The drummer drools out of BOTH sides of his mouth!" LOL

Gx

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Looks like you had a pretty fun time there Gordy! That's great!
Drool. What a word! What an event! What a catastrophe at times! LOL!!!

Do ya have any video of Little Dougie doin some of his dance moves?! Would love to see it!

I hear ya on the, "Can't hack it like I used to!" Same here Bud! LOL!!!
I wish someone would have done a video of me several yrs ago, when I could do this, of me doin "The Tuna" on a dance floor of a local bar we used to frequent! It was quite the sight indeed!
For those not familiar with "The Tuna" it was in the Film, "Animal House"......

Anyways Gordy,, Good to see You Back!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Nice to see ya had a good time. I always feel good after returning from the farm, though maybe a bit depressed, but it isn't my place after all.

I thought I saw the majority of the UK getting slapped down by a serious storm this weekend? Did I dream that? Or misunderstand SkyNews? (yea, I watch Sky in the morning for a 1/2 hour, and then switch to local news, I cut the cable TV cord quite a few years back)

I've decided on my walk today that I'm not going to add any more additions until we all hear from our UK (and elsewhere) cousins a bit more. That alone should be a pretty interesting mental exercise for me.

That's not blackmail is it?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yah that's probably a pretty good idea Dawg! Let's see where they take us......
I've been mainly writing in, where I don't purposely include too many others.
Tryin to NOT confuse the issue too much.

I think I need to get outside before it rains here, and do some minor surgery on my lawn mower.
I need to do the second/last cut on a guys lawn down the block, so I can claim the BiCycle he agreed to give me for the two cuttings.
I miss not going for Bike rides. It is good exercise for me. Doesn't hurt me too much, cause I can be leaning down on the handle bars, taking stress OFF my lower back. I was in way less pain all the time when I was riding almost every day, a while back......

Gonna log-off shortly so I can do what I gotta do...... So when I do, I'll be back later (fair warning) Syx.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Looks. Looks again. Homer? OMG! Welcome back dude!!

Sounds like you are having an awesome summer Gordi!

I've been spending hours in the pool soaking up the sunshine. Sometimes alone, sometimes with my little Cody. We have been noticing all the dragonflies lately. We 've been killing creepy spiders that dared to make their homes too close to our hangout. LOL Yesterday I was waving my arms around yelling, "Kill it, kill it!" Today Cody wasn't here to save me and I had to kill one myself!
It was horrible I tell you!

Still quite chilled from being in the pool, think I'll take a nice warm bath. Be back later my Lovelies.

Made Mom laugh today, she said "Every time I looked out, you were either sleeping in the pool, in a chair or on the swing." I was up at 4 am and went to bed quite late. Gotta catch up on my sleep when I can I guess.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ok, I'm back. Hey ALL!!!
Night, next time maybe You can get some video of the Spider Stalking event!?
That way maybe we can help you tweak your methods!

LOL!!!

edit on 10-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well, G'Night EveryOne! Time for a Movie, then DreamLand. See ya All in the Mornin'. Syx.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I thought I saw the majority of the UK getting slapped down by a serious storm this weekend? Did I dream that? Or misunderstand SkyNews?

Hi Doug,
Yeah the tail end of "Bertha" reached the UK at the weekend, but I'm quite far North (Not too far from Glasgow) so the weather didn't actually reach us until the Sunday, and by then it had lost much of its strength.
The Saturday was glorious sunshine where we were. Out on the safety RIB for the Skiff racing, I just had shorts, T-shirt, baseball hat and shades on all day!!
It is dark, grey, damp and miserable here now, but at least it didn't spoil our weekend this far north!
I'm pretty sure Jane, True, Cody and Tsu will have had it much worse! (REPORT IN GUYS!!)

...and this mornings nomination for the most subtle *hint hint* goes to........

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Morning!
Just to let you guys know, I am moving on Friday and wont have internet until Thursday next week.
No doubt I will have loads to catch up on.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
wow
is this true
has it been confirmed?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl
wow
is this true
has it been confirmed?

Erm.....are you in the right thread? Your post doesn't make any sense....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Have a good trip! Packing is the easy part in my mind. It's the unpacking and constantly moving stuff around until you find the right fit that's annoying.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more, especially as I'm downsizing from a 3 bed house to a compact and bijou 2 bed flat/apartment!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Morning Dawg and Jane! I can't imagine having to move all my stuff somewhere else. It has been many years since I have had to move anywhere. Once you are settled Jane, I hope we will see a lot more of you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Since you still have some time, I will tell you what really helps me when I move.

Get a couple sheets of grid paper. Measure off all large items, couch, bed, table and chairs, etc. Draw those measurements (labeling them of course) onto the grid paper and cut them out. Now do the same with the floorplan of your new flat. That way you can move the paper "furniture" around before actually moving the furniture to see what works.

Saves a lot of wear and tear on yourself (both mind and body) and the furniture as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

G'morn Night. I think my body clock has finally been reset. Woohoo! I don't mind moving, but then again, I've been doing it all my life. The past decade is the first time I've spent living as long in one place, unless you count all the deployments which lasted a year each, but I always had the same place to come back to.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I like your thinking!
However, I did all the measuring up when I was down there last week......still having to rent a lock up for all my daughters things that I have been keeping for them, plus the stuff I have no idea where I am putting them yet!
All fun and games!

I've moved 14 times in the last 30 years, this will be move 15, so averaging every 2 years!....but realise I'm getting a bit fed up (and old) with all the upheaval it causes.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I worry about what will happen when Mom passes as she owns this apartment building and the rent is cheap. I have a third floor apartment with some slanted ceilings. Reminds me of a doll house. LOL Rooms are a decent size. I have an antique clawed foot tub I love. Trees all around and a wooded area across the street. The last place I lived we had chemical dye plants and other factories and no fresh air, tons of screaming, unruly kids, drug dealers, tiny apartment. I was soooo depressed but couldn't afford to live anywhere else.

I was up at 4am.
Now I'm sleepy. Have to get groceries later as long as my niece's hubby is home to help us carry bags up. Mark and I are both disabled and I also have my Mom's groceries that I do and have to carry. There is no way we could do it alone. MMMM, I'm dying for some cheesecake. LOL Or ice cream. Yum, ice cream!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hey, in Canada, or so my Canadian friend Greg tells me, they don't have pistachio ice cream there.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wow, you guys do a lot of moving. I grew up here from infant to 21, got married and lived elsewhere for maybe ten years then moved back to this house, different apartment. That's it. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join