It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The wind howled through the trees outside the cave entrance. Night Star released Dawg's hand but kept him close by. "Want to explore a bit while we're here? You can explain what's happened to you as we go along." Dawg shrugged and followed in silence. Alisa popped her head out of the elf's pocket and glared at the man. "Who's your little friend?" he asked. "This is Alisa. I found her on the beach, or rather she found me." Wolf whined and hesitated to go any further. As they rounded a corner, their eyes widened at the sight before them. Sconces alighted the cave walls and candles where placed all around and lit. There was a huge dark wooden desk deeply carved with scrolls and animals along the legs, velvet embossed stuffed chairs in a deep crimson color, a wooden table with flowers upon it in a purple glass vase, book cases built into the cold stone walls with glass doors to protect the worn books, a stone fireplace with a shelf on top of it and sculptures of dragons in various sizes, colors and designs...

Slowly, Night slid her sword from the scabbard and called out. "Is anyone here?" Wolf paced back and forth on high alert. She looked to Dawg making sure he wouldn't try to make a run for it and hoping instead he would remain by her side. At one time she could trust him, but now...now things had changed and she wasn't so sure anymore.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi Ladies and Lads! Back from a great day at Syx-Flags!
(Yah, Dawg, the Syx-flaggeration is for The comm ya made a while back on the Syx conection! It stuck with me, and I like It! So I'm going to permanently Borrow it from Ya!
No wait, Permanantly borrowing is kinda like stealing isn't it?! No, there's no kinda about it, IT IS Stealing!
Hmmm, well Ok, I'm stealing it from You, with your permission of course! Oh wait, If I have your permission, I'm back to borrowing it again!!??? Argggg......
Dawg, I'm glad to see that the Doc(s) are moving on your case. Be sure to get the Colonoscopy done. I know, they suck, (been there done that) but they are a neccessary evil, that may actually do some good for You! Might find something that can be fixed, before it gets out of hand......

Night, I see a doc at a pain clinic almost every week. That's all My doc appt's are for. So I don't sweat it too much, luckily for me. I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers though!
But there are 2 docs there. One DOES work me over pretty good, for his 'treatments' on me. He calls it light P.T. At times there's nothing Light about it! LOL!
The other doc I see there every month, once, for the pain killer scripts he writes me, and he tracks my ongoing probs......
And Night, I'm glad Your Doc appt went well for You!
That's great! I'm Glad for You!

Jane!!! Awesome to see You here again!! I am happy for you that you will be in the same area as Your Girls. That will be Nice for You, eh?

Gordy, Mura, and Cody, Foss, Good to see You guys here too!! It is starting to feel like the Shed Family is getting Stronger, again!! Love It!!

(CALLING ALL OTHER ABSENTEE'RS!!! Sound Off!!! LOL!!!)

Jacy, I Love Your Plans for this upcoming Winter! Maybe we can pass the Hat and help You get those plans running earlier and easier for Ya!!!?
I'm know CC and I will help, as much as we are able to that is, and I know others will want to help You too!!!

Till Later on peeps, Take Care! Syx.

edit on 8-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night!! Just a quick Hello!!!
(I'm gonna read your latest here like now...)

Edit: Fantastic visuals I can draw from this Night!! Very Nice addition!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: jacygirl

Good idea

OK all let's plan haunting our kids and/or loved ones LOL. Mrs C is getting stale chocolate cake in the fridge every day with my mysteriously lost socks on top

Cody

Lol Cody, perhaps I misunderstood.... I thought it was your kids you were supposed to haunt, not your poor long suffering wife!

Tell her to contact me for stale cake ideas. As for lost socks - well I suppose finding them in the fridge is as likely as any other place. I sometimes find one way deep under the bed (we have a bed that is very close to the floor, you can't even get your hand in underneath) when I occasionally move it to dust underneath. By the time they turn up there I have disposed of its lonely partner or turned it into a sock puppet or something. Lost socks are one of the delightful mysteries of life. When the day comes that every sock comes out the laundry with its partner it will be a sad day indeed.
OMG! Do you think it's aliens taking them????

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Night, that is great news but only partly - it is not good that you are still in pain. It must be so reassuring to have a doctor who pays attention and really listens to you and is going to follow through. I hope you can beat that pain though.Dawg, your doc also sounds switched on. I hope things can get better for you now. Syx - you pay this guy for his 'treatment'??? You all get this:

Jane!!! Hi, lovely to see you again. I hope the move goes well. Being closer to your girls will way compensate for the smaller place and as Night pointed out there are many ways to get creative with a little bit of greenery around the place. Here you go, a housewarming gift for you

Jacy I have lost track of the story. My last known position was scarfing loads of bacon on board the ship WAAAAAY back on around page 30 something. Buurp! Excuse me! I hereby solemnly swear to catch up eventually and contribute, but mmmm that bacon seems to have it's hold on me for now.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Mura44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

LOL Mura!!! ( If only my doc WOULD give me candy, it would help! LOL!!)
I put up with him, because there is a trade-off. He does what he does, and I get the Meds. LOL!!!
Plus I make him sound somewhat worse than reality.
I guess in all fairness, what he does should, and probably does work to help for pain relief, for some people.
I have been looking for another Doc, closer to our residence, so will put up with this guy until then. LOL!
The Clinic Had two offices. One about 10 minutes from us, where I originally started, and the other office about 30 minutes away. As my luck runs, they closed down the closer office, so now I have to go to the further site. LOL! That's just typical of My Luck Mura!!! It goes along with a favorite saying of mine, 'Alas, Such is Life.' LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

G'morn all! Well my "power nap" had some serious power to it. I set my alarm for 1 hour and slept right through it. Just woke up and on my first cup of coffee.

Funny thing is when I first woke up, I thought only a hour had passed, until I realized it was the morning news and not the evening news. LOL

Amazingly, I feel pretty good, so I must have needed it. Usually to much sleep leaves me with no energy until I can get my body clock back on track. Didn't realize I was THAT tired.

Mura, the only candy I got was a 90-day supply of Lisinopril, Tylenol and 81mg aspirin.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL Dawg! That was definitely a Power Nap of all Naps! LOL!!! But at least ya got some, evidently much needed sleep. Better'n me Bud.
After traipsing around Syx-Flags yesterday, we got in about 10:30 or so last night. After I farted around on here for a few hours, tried to cop some ZZZzzz's, and right off started in with the legs cramps/burnin'. So am up still from yesterday morn around this time.
Going to eat a couple bananas and try again for sleep, in about I don't know, like 4 or 5 hrs I s'pose......
Dawg I am really gettin' , or actually HAVE been , tired of this kinda life.
Don't want to just cash in my chips though. (but believe me, I have thought about it over the yrs.) It wouldn't be right for CC, and some of the rest of My Family members for me to be so self centered on that. I feel that is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, anyway. Well really not temporary as it is pretty much a daily thing...... But ya get my drift.

Ok ENOUGH of the bummer Crap! LOL!!! I'm goin out to the kitchen to put on a pot of Coffee.

Mmmm, Coffee, Coffee Good!
LOL!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Syx, we just have to slow down. I have to remind myself constantly. I hate to think of what pains I would be in if I didn't do my daily workout. Nothing heavy, but more of a limbering type exercises and 4-mile walk with varying speeds. The walk doesn't actually take that long and some days I add miles to it if I have the time. Of course I've paid the price for pushing myself on more than one occasion and it's always hard to start back up again.

People always say they don't have the time and I know it sounds passe, but you have to make/take the time to do it. I've even replaced all my furniture with those exercise balls, LOL. Which can be amusing when friends come over to watch a game. They'll catch a buzz on and constantly be tipping over as they're not used to them. A couple even bring their own lawn furniture nowadays.

I even got rid of my bed since I couldn't sleep on it anymore (it was quite firm, but apparently not firm enough). Now my bed is a three inch memory foam on the floor and sleep like a rock. One of these days I'll have to build a platform for it, but why fix what already works? It's almost like I've gone all ancient Japanese.

Ya just gotta find what works for you and stick with it. It took awhile figuring that out before I ended up with the place I now live, but it works for me!And it's easy peesy to clean as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Dawg, yer a pretty fart smeller, I mean smart feller there Bud! LOL!

That is some sound methodology ya got goin', as far as the daily exercise and furniture style.

As far as exercise for me I figure hell, why bother, if I do it today, six months later I gotta do it again! LOL!!!
No seriously though, I get a lot of walkin' in and do try to stay busy with menial activity. In my case though, seems like the more I do, the more it goes the wrong way. So most of the time, I try to find that balance.
We are overcast here this morn and that makes my ails go up. The heavier the pressure, the more I feel it.
It's stuff like that that I mean when I mentioned that I hate this way of life, Ya know?
It discourages me. Ummm, but I'm not wantin to keep goin on with all that this morn.

I do however appreciate you relatin' the advices, ways, to me.

I'll bet it is quite the sight when ya have friends over! I pictured them fallin' all over the place after a few brews! When ya wrote that about it , I was laughin out loud here and had to stop readin for a minute, as I don't want to wake CC just yet! LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yea, sometimes it's like bowling. One guy will tip over into the next and the next thing you know, it's a pile of arms and legs and a shampooing of the carpet the next day.

Since I got out of the military, I've been keeping a log of the various things that have ruined my day. And I experiment. I no longer drink white milk, though other dairy products are ok with me for example. I've incorporated exercises into my routine after finding out what hurt on my trips to the farm. I even have a ladder in the corner that I go up and down on from time to time throughout the day. My gym doesn't have a ladder machine. I found that picking up a loaded wheelbarrow full off wood trashed me last time, so I mimic that exercise now as well. That one never hurt me before, but it did last time.

Yes, the workout times are getting longer.
But I know too many people younger than me who are headed for a early grave due to pain and meds in similar conditions and just lie about. I'm a BIG believer that you have to stay in motion. Same with the mind.

And first and foremost...$#!t happens!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Good morning Family!
I'm in a weird mood, so I wrote a weird rhyme.
I'm sick of my stupid life, lol...decided to just poke fun at it.

Woke up tired, had bad dreams
Turn coffee on, I need caffeine

I sip my fluoride water brew
Flip on tv, to see what's new

Get hungry, eat some GMO
Use microwave to heat just so

Then go outside and have a smoke
But not for long, don't want sunstroke

Look up and see lines in the sky
Just breathe it in and don't ask why

Start feeling stressy, take some pills
The doctor said they'll cure my ills

I trust him, cuz he cares about me
Hope he's enjoying Hawaii

Turn on computer to see what's "in"
Read all 'bout Kim Kardashian

I wonder if she's scared like me
But no, she's a celebrity

They all have bunkers, doncha know
SHTF that's where they'll go

Apparently it's in God's plan
To only save the wealthy man

Life's ebola cherries now
And war is like some sacred cow

But hey, I didn't wake up dead
So think I'll go play in The Shed.

jacygirl

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

"Yah, hey Joe, do you and the guys wanna come over for some Bro Bowlin? I'm bored and need a good laugh. Plus I need some new material for this months America's Funniest Video Entry."

LMAO!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

LOL Jacy!! That is Great!

Good Mornin to ya! I liked that!!!

So poignant!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Had to star ya...just because, that's actually kinda scary true.

But it's the journey in between that matters.

And now for a blast from the past!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Bro Bowling...I'm keepin' that one.

Though I am afraid that it will make my place smell like stale beer after a while...can't stand that smell.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

hahaha....hi...
Poignant? Nah, you're too kind!

I'm just fed up....sick of all the crap going on in the world, and sick of the crap in my own world.

I'm also biting my tongue hard, trying NOT to comment about everyone sitting on Dawg's balls (exercise balls) hehe...

Oh geez, I think I'm just gonna mock everything today. MOCK MOCK MOCK!!!

jacy

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I'm also biting my tongue hard, trying NOT to comment about everyone sitting on Dawg's balls (exercise balls) hehe...

jacy

Ah! I just realized! No wonder I hate hugs! And in pain AND cranky!

GET OFF ME PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

LMFAO!!! Jacy that cracked me up!!! Just about spit coffee onto my monitor!!! Must be a woman thing! Cause I didn't even think of Dawgs Balls! LOL!!!LMFAO!!!!!

I am going to get in trouble laughin so loud here!!!!
CC will be like, WTF Mike!!!???LOL!!!!!

You guys are just what I needed though. Ya put me into a Way better mood than I was in earlier. LOL!!!!

EDIT: Jacy, that sounded like something exactly like CC would have said too! LOL!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

LMAO Dawg!!!! LOL!!!

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join