It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Swooping in to *HUG* everybody!!

Wow, I just got caught up! This is exciting! But first, I have to say something...to Jane, and all of you...

Jane, do NOT think that your writing derailed the story. It did NOT!
I'm gonna tell you something that I have realized.
Everyone here has a different writing talent...and EVERYONE here is a talented writer.

All you did, was jump ahead with our next adventure. That's what you're good at....imagination...adventure....storyline.
I'm good with dialogue. (I think...?)
Gordi is good at writing all the descriptive stuff, that I'm not good at. Of course the whole story can't be dialogue, but it would be if I was writing it all. But I'm not.
AboveBoard is apparently good at fitting right into what scenario is currently happening. So great to have you here, participating and chatting!
Tsu is hilarious and imaginative. Dawg is hilarious...Homer too.
fossilera is also good at writing the descriptive parts...never would have guessed he writes horror, lol.
TrueBrits antiquated language (hehe) adds a rather romantic colour...makes the story seem somewhat historic.
Cody also can jump in and pick up from where ever someone leaves off...good with continuity.

But....although Gordi and I really wanted to finish what we had agreed on months ago...neither of us had the 'next part' figured out. So, I believe that Jane has given us a new direction, and the magic can continue.
So thank you.

I'm super impressed, and really happy and excited with ALL of this!

If I missed anyone who has written, I'm really sorry.
I just wanted to let you all know that all contributions are completely appreciated, and the story would never have lasted so long without you all adding to it.

luv, jacy

edit on 27-5-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Salvador Dali??? I thought you wanted to visit the Saliva-floor Deli????? ***makes note to amend travel plans***

By The Way - The weather on Mysterious Island cannot be predicted!! [cue Dramatic Music! *Duh Duh Duuuhh!*]

It can be torrential rain, both to the West (on Isle of Arran) and to the East (on the Mainland) while gloriously sunny on the Island. Honestly. It has its own little micro-climate.
I have seen this MANY times with my own eyes!
There are palm trees on the sea front and everything! (sort of!)

The weather systems come in off the Atlantic and hit the mountains on Arran. This effectively puts a big SQUEEZE on the clouds (like squishing a wet sponge) which then DUMP their rain there.
They then quite often skip over Mysterious island (which is low-lying) and then hit the high cliffs on the mainland and again get "squeezed" and dump their rain there! Whilst leaving us bone dry.

I cannot guarantee that it will be sunny, but I can guarantee you that we can't predict it accurately!
and..... if we all think positive! We can make anything happen anyway!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

[[[[[Jacy!!!]]]]]

Hi hunny!
Nice to see you, and THANK YOU sooo much, not only for your kind & thoughtful comments to the gang, but for laying the HUGE solid foundation that so many of our other story lines have been built upon and woven around!
I know how much hard work went into pulling all of that together! WELL DONE YOU!

@Jane Re:Bikes...
I do have a couple of bikes there, but not enough for all, so...weather permitting....I'm going to suggest hiring some "fancy ones!!" They have normal bikes, Tandems and Family Pedal Quads!! and even an eight-seater Conference Bike (where you all face one another!!) Now THAT is hilarious when you see it!!
You don't HAVE to cycle whilst there, but it is the PERFECT place to do so, IF you choose to!
NICE!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Gordi...Aww, thank you hunny! I feel funny taking credit for it, lol...all I did was stumble through the woods with a ferret!

I'm so very jealous that you will be having your 'gathering' soon. I can just imagine how excited everyone must be, picking what to pack...actually packing to go...lol. I do hope you have great weather and a wonderful time. (pretty sure that the wonderful time is a guarantee). I am definitely looking forward to the pics and stories afterwards!

jacy

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gordi bach....I grew up on an island, and am well versed in micro climates....so not a problem.....I'm just worried about the amount of luggage Tsu is going to bring to cover all eventualities!
. Have you got a trailer for your campervan...you might need one lol!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

But water proof HotPants are VERY light???
Aren't They?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well, 'tis time for me to bid you all goodnight!

But I leave you with a parting thought... for ALL of the contributors, participants, readers and writers in the Shed(s)

Sweet Dreams!
G

PS - Can Spike fit in my boat? I haven't seen him around for a few days...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Wouldn't know.....I wear shorts!

Nos da Gordi (x)

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Boy, have I got a story for all of you.

As you may or may not know, I offered a forever home for one of Jane's crystals. And, after weeks upon weeks of waiting eagerly, it has come. I present to you this picture:

What's so special about the picture? Well, today, I was on a quest to pick up a rainbow-colored trumpet (it's a pro horn, and for only $45, there's no way I'm passing that up...and yes, it literally is rainbow colored). I dodged idiot drivers, cyclopean potholes spanning the unknown gulfs where darkness sleeps and tires die, and finally torrential thunderstorms and hail. My treasure awaited me.

Well, after coming home, I ran to get my mail and beat out the second round of thunderstorms. Lo & behold, in my mail was Angel. Now, as I was walking back in, the sun suddenly came out, creating a double rainbow. You can barely see it in the picture, but it's there between the tall pine tree and the envelope. Jane, you've got someone watching over the crystal, because of all days the package came, it had to be when there was a rainbow present.

There, now I'm off to play catchup on the posts I've missed.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

That's pretty cool! What a Co-inky-Dink!

Getting a lot of scattered T-storms here as well. I'm hoping it keeps up for a while so that when the sun has set I can chill out on my deck and watch the show.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wow! Amazing story!! I love it when some beautiful synchronicity that just HAD to happen shows up to say "there is far more to this life than meets the every-day eye..."

What a great blessing. Thank you for sharing that!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To Everyone:

Thank you for the welcome!!
I appreciate you sharing your awesome thread with me, even though I'm largely clueless as to the intricacies of your storyline(s). lol!

@Cody... Thanks for the ride on the back of the bike! Woot!
What a way to make an entrance... (You DO ride it like you stole it...holey moley!)

Cheers to all of you as you get together this weekend. Sounds like great fun - even if it rains, I know you creatively awesome people will come up with some amazing adventures...or at least enjoy each other's company. Blessings on that event! Safe travels, too...

peace & hugs*,

AB

*Unless, of course, you don't like hugs...

edit on 27-5-2014 by AboveBoard because: silliness

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Is there another way to ride AB ?

Good morning all

This is first time I can remember having a 3...................count them 3 day working week

Even at school we had a 6 day week as a younger Cody.

Hang on ............................... cuddle monster alert ...................................

OK emergency averted,

Just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to The Gathering, regardless of weather, and even though only a few of us are blessed enough to be there in person, rest assured we will all be there in spirit. If your ears are all burning over the weekend you know why.

Gbro my thanks for the invitation, it couldn't have come at a better time.

I must away to work

Have an awesome day one and all

Cody

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Woohoo!!!! Yay! She landed!
*In the voice of Tom Jones...."I'm gonna do a little dance now!..."

And if anyone is wondering what Angel looks like....I'm sure Foss wont mind....

Soooooooooo pleased it arrived before the Gathering, and with double rainbows too!!!! Woo Hoo....I am so happy you have her Foss!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Woodsmom gave me a link to a thread here by a fellow Brit....I think you guys, as in boys, will find it interesting!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and another one here....
Be sure to look at mrsmiths work on his links too......

There's definitely a talented Brit bunch here on ATS.....

Oh and an unashamed bump of Tsu's thread along the same sort of lines too.....

Right, I'm off to sort my rucksack, and get the stuff off Gordi's 'shopping list' sorted!
Catch you all later.......
*happy flitpoof off the thread*

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 28-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the thread links!

Lovely crystal Angel. I'm sorry to be wading in here without much "backstory" - if possible, would you catch me up on how Foss came to have your beautiful crystal? I have a very modest collection myself and haunt local "rock shops" whenever I can.

Again, my apologies for being out of the loop...the other thread is daunting to go through, so I just thought I'd ask...

peace,
AB

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hi AboveBoard!
Don't feel bad, I don't remember fossilera ordering a crystal from Jane either, lol.
It's beautiful! I have a modest collection too.

Everyone here is talented, and I really wish we could amalgamate this somehow. I once said it would be awesome to start on online site called The Shed (of course)....where Shed-family members could show their arts, and sell them.
Night Star makes jewelry, Jane refurbishes furniture...True, Gordi, Cody, fossilera...all musicians....just a multitude of very awesome people. There are gardeners, cooks....grill-masters...avatar-makers...etc.

Of course we would also have copies of The Shed book for sale...and who wouldn't want a piece of art or memento from one of the members? Sometimes I get huge ideas, but don't know how to carry them through. (My talent is procrastination!)

jacy

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hello my lovely friends! The crystal Foss has looks like a rutilated crystal. I too have a nice little collection of crystals and gems. I have some in a beautiful velvet and silk bag I got from Salem Massachusettes, the witches town. I also have a gothic dress and velvet cape from there as well as some interesting jewelry pieces.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Flit poof.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the thread links!

Lovely crystal Angel. I'm sorry to be wading in here without much "backstory" - if possible, would you catch me up on how Foss came to have your beautiful crystal? I have a very modest collection myself and haunt local "rock shops" whenever I can.

Again, my apologies for being out of the loop...the other thread is daunting to go through, so I just thought I'd ask...

peace,
AB

AB I don't think Jane will mind me telling you,

Jane is moving house soon and is having a bit of a clear out, part of that was to thin out her crystal collection, she very kindly offered some to the members here, before she sold them.

I very stupidly forgot to ask for one

Hi everybody great news, the rumour at work is that Tim has been asked to jump ship, before being made to walk the plank. I don't know the truth of it, but hope springs eternal.

How are we all ?

Cody

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dropping by while I have a quick brew.
Well my shopping trip went out the window! Ended up buying a couple of bits of clothing for the Gathering instead!
The last holiday I had was up in Loch Lomond as it happens, 7 years ago!!! So I reckoned I deserved a couple of new bits to wear.
*Shania Twain song comes to mind*

@ AB, jacy and Night.....I posted pictures of crystals I was selling at the tail end of The Shed MkI.

and.....

I said if anybody fancied one to let me know as I would have preferred gifting them to go to my Shed Family. Sorry you missed out.

@jacy.....we have got such a thread...Tsu's...I linked it up there...
Gordi and Night from here have contributed to it off the top of my head

The Rainbows Lounge

Tsu started it when you started The Shed MkI.

@Night, you are quite right, it is a rutilated Qtz. And thank you, you have reminded me I promised to post piccys of some of my 'specimen pieces' from my 'Private Collection' Lol! Hark at me!! Will try and get it done before The Gathering.

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 28-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: added bits

edit on 28-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: Added another bit!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join