It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello, all. I have a sick cat and can't afford a vet. I was hoping that someone here would be able to give me some advice.
She had a stillborn kitten and afterward had difficulty urinating, also blood in her urine. A vet said that she had a stretched bladder and a urinary tract infection. She took antibiotics for the infection. They didn't seem to help. Her symptoms are:

Trouble urinating and defecating (she growls when she does and also strains)
Vomiting and lack of apatite
She's also lethargic

If anyone can give me advice on what to do, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Your cat NEEDS to see a vet. Cats don't show pain very readily. If she's growling and strains, she's in trouble. If you don't want to lose her, please see a vet ASAP.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You should call around to the animal shelters and rescues and ask about low-cost or no-cost veterinary services. Like the other person said- cats are usually pretty stoic about pain, so that she's showing it means a lot.

The lethargy and apathy toward food sounds like maybe there's some internal bleeding that was missed (my opinion, i'm no vet).

PS: Just for clarity- if there were internal bleeding, her gums would feel cool and look pale, as would her ears.
edit on 16u1604pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
call a vet and set up a monthly payment plan if the cost is too high for you right now.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Got to agree with the other posters,after 15 years of grooming and owning pets my whole life,that cat needs medical care ASAP. Work on a payment plan,if one vet won't do it ask another.You'll find one that does. Good luck and I hope your cat turns out ok.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
She probably has an infection in her girly bits. As everyone else has said, take her to a vet - you are in danger of her getting blood poisoning and losing her.

Vomiting, pain urinating and defacating and general lethargy mean this cat is in serious trouble.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I really would advocate on behalf of the "screw the anxiety of a vet visit,this is a life we are talking about" camp, and advise you to take your cat to the nearest available vets practice.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Check around as there are some vet's that will do what they can for a small charitable donation, not many but it would be worth it as your pet is worth more than money from an emotional point of view and if she dies or suffers like this you will miss her when she is gone, I know.

www.bva.co.uk...
www.bluecross.org.uk...
www.pets4homes.co.uk...
forums.moneysavingexpert.com...
www.pdsa.org.uk...

It is the transport and how far you are as well as she will be not well enough and it sound's like she need's an operation, I hope this help's and I know you love her like a friend or child and it hurt's as they become part of our family and you just know when she is out there and wanting to come in.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Cats commonly die of kidney problems. And its a common complication from bladder infections.

Get her to a vet NOW. She will likley die if you dont. There is nothing you or we can do. Only a vet.

If you couldnt afford a vet you shouldnt have even got a cat ket alone started breeding the poor thing

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I agree with everyone else- she is damaged inside. She must get to a vet NOW or it sounds like you will likely lose her very soon. I'm sorry I know it's hard when you are broke, but please call around and find one who will do a payment plan, many will. Best of luck for your kitty

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Is there another kitten in there yet?

Try feeding it some raw egg, it has some good nutrients in it. Cooking it destroys the taurine which is needed to pee right sometimes. Raw hamburger also contains taurine and also has iron.

Maybe a vet will give some free information if you explain that you can't afford to bring it in.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Cats commonly die of kidney problems. And its a common complication from bladder infections.

Get her to a vet NOW. She will likley die if you dont. There is nothing you or we can do. Only a vet.

If you couldnt afford a vet you shouldnt have even got a cat ket alone started breeding the poor thing

Kind of an unfair comment, you don't know how long this cat has been part of the family or what circumstances led to not being able to afford the vet . Would you suggest that if someone looses a job and can't afford a vet anymore that they get rid of their pets?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

No and you are correct, there are many animal loving people whom are broke either through ill health or simply old age poverty or have lost there job and can not find one they feel they can perform (unlike the slave attitude of our government) and they litteraly go hungry to feed there pet's as though they were children sharing there own food with them, We are british and the story of Black Friers Bobby is not just Scot but British though today people are not the animal lovers they used to be.
To a pet's owner it is not an animal but part of there world and to lose it is like cutting out part of there own heart but some will never understand that as you DO and they lack that ability to feel empathy for animal's in many cases.

top topics

join