It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado police cuff, search dozens of innocent people at gunpoint in frenzied manhunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

AURORA, CO — Seeking a bank robbery suspect with no description of the culprit, police barricaded an intersection, ordered dozens of people out of their cars at gunpoint, handcuffed every adult, and performed a warrantless search of all vehicles in the perimeter.

My God what is happening to this country. Another example of the US turning into a police state.

After a bank robber sped off with loot from the Wells Fargo Bank, police used a GPS tracking beacon, hidden inside the bag of stolen cash, to track down the location of the suspect to the nearest intersection. However, the police had no idea who they were looking for. There had been no description of the suspect or the vehicle.

www.policestateusa.com...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The incident occurred on June 2nd, 2012

I think I remember a thread here on this incident.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would be one of the people suing for unlawful detainment, search without probable cause, and whatever else i can think of

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I think we're getting to the tipping point where no amount of lawsuits or court cases are going to change anything in oue favor. All they do is set a precedent for them to trample more rights. No, I think its high time these types of instances need to be met with force.

All Im saying is that THEY drew the proverbial line in the sand, its time for them to decide which side of that line they stand on.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by this, it is what the pigs are there for, to protect the corporation at all costs, even if it costs us our rights. The rights of the people obviously mean nothing compared to that of the corporation.

We can only hope some of these people will sue, as this is blatant disregard for the constitution. Of course, the courts don't care much either and would probably screw these poor people.

Sad days have been here for a while, when the pigs can and will do whatever they bloody well please. Who needs that ridiculous constitution as it just gets ignored by everyone tasked with upholding the tenets in it. I remember when I was young being told how great it was to live in in the U.S., how great this country was, how many rights we were supposed to have. All of that was a crock.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

The U.S. corporation is not "turning" into a police state. We are solidly there. I will just kick back and watch it burn.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Surprised? Why? They were looking for a criminal who committed the most high crime of stealing money from the elite leaders of the world. They would stop at nothing to recover that which is theirs.

Now, if they were looking for something that means nothing to the bankster elite, like your small child, they would do very little and violate no one's rights in the process.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954

My God what is happening to this country. Another example of the US turning into a police state.

It's not 'happening'.....It already happened.

It seems you've only just noticed it.

Welcome to the 'American Nightmare'.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I gave you a star since even though you are the second post and are showing that this is an old event, people still jumped in and started yelling police state.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Surprised? Why? They were looking for a criminal who committed the most high crime of stealing money from the elite leaders of the world. They would stop at nothing to recover that which is theirs.

This implied justification for a crime is laughable at best.
A coward robbing a bank is still a coward robbing a bank.
Keep telling yourself it is okay because it happens to a business you don't like.
edit on 23-5-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

This implied justification for a crime is laughable at best.
A coward robbing a bank is still a coward robbing a bank.
Keep telling yourself it is okay because it happens to a business you don't like.

IMO your posts seems to miss the point of his, entirely. And conveniently you cut the relevant bit out of your quote:

Now, if they were looking for something that means nothing to the bankster elite, like your small child, they would do very little and violate no one's rights in the process.

I felt that was a good and relevant point, whether or not you agree that the statement is true, or fair. Not a bad question to ask, at the least: If this had been a missing person, and not missing bank money, would the cops have used similar tactics?

One thing I can tell you, is that if the cops used such a tactic (pulling random people out of their cars) in the effort to find a missing child, my opinion of it might not be quite so negative.

And regardless of whether you think ScientiaFortisDefendit was implying that bank robbery is justified, or what you think about that opinion, it is unnerving to see random people have their rights violated so easily, in a case where the well-being of a life wasn't on the line.

I kind of hope they get sued into oblivion just to set precedent that this sort of thing should not be tolerated.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwilliam
I kind of hope they get sued into oblivion just to set precedent that this sort of thing should not be tolerated.

So the poster I replied to can give his opinion but I can't?

I can see both sides of the scenario in the OP. Not saying I support what was done but I understand, given the information available at the time, why they did it.

None of that changes my initial reply which is the idea by some on ATS that because something is stealing from the IllumiNSACIAMasons then it is okay.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Proof who the cops really work for - the banks and corporations. All over some paper currency that has a chance of soon being worthless.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Did the robbers commit any violence? Nope, didnt hurt anyone.

And what did they steal? Money, which banks almost literally print out of thin air.

“Officers, weapons still drawn, proceeded to each vehicle,” the lawsuit states. Cops paid particular attention to those who appeared “overly nervous or anxious.”

Why would someone be nervous? A gang of blood thirsty, trigger happy cops are pointing guns in people's faces, whats the problem?

During the long detainment, Mr. Olson had difficulty kneeling on the hard sidewalk, and fell “face forward onto the pavement,” according to the lawsuit, as an officer “continued to scream at Mr. Olson to [kneel] while waving his shotgun near Mr. Olson’s face.”

“I was telling the officer ‘you’re hurting me. Let go,”" Olson remembered. “They said ‘quit resisting.’”

Stupid slaves, when will they get it? The stormtroopers have no humanity.

edit on 24-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: roadgravel

I gave you a star since even though you are the second post and are showing that this is an old event, people still jumped in and started yelling police state.

Well, it kind of is one. Whether yesterday's news, or today's - it is what it is.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes, it has been on here before as an example of how Policestate USA flat out lies and people believe them.

The adults were handcuffed, gave permission to search their cars, they were searched then they were uncuffed and allowed to leave.

The next to last car contained the suspect with the money and 2 handguns-one a fully automatic 45 caliber 18shot enforcer. If you want to carry an illegal firearm just as well carry the best.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
June 2nd 2012? I was living off of airport blvd and 13th that year... I was driving a taxi. I had two friends who lived near that intersection. One just north of there at sable and Wyoming, and one who lived off of buckley and hampden. #. It happened during the day though. However it is typical for people in aurora to file lawsuits over this. Aurora CO is considered to be the poor part of Denver. Everyone is a crook on that side of the city. So that is actually quite normal.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Aurora was going bad in the mid 80s when I went out there for a few months. Of course my own neighborhood near Detroit was going down hill about that time too and I hear it has gotten much worse since.

top topics

join