It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning Away from NASA, Russia Announces New Space Strategy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I'm not a fan of Obama's, but it's probably worth noting that he's not the one who annexed Crimea.

Neither did Russia;

Putin ( it seems and as far as i can tell by what i have read) was as surprised by the speed of developments in the Crimea as many of the rest of us and while he ( or whoever he answers to) then moved fast to PROTECT the people of the Crimea against retribution from the coup government ( instigated and funded by the the US national security gang) for voting and deciding to break away from the Ukraine Putin did not come up with or orchestrate the idea of breaking away from the Ukraine as now run by the US national security gang's fascists goons&thugs.

. Russia also as far as i can tell did not send in any more troops as per agreement i think they coul have 25 000 in the Crimea or at least in the naval base environments. That being said i don't think they had more than 15-20 000 there currently so they might have sent additional special forces and similar units that would be better able to do what they decided should be done. Either way they were hardly there especially illegally ( not more so than US troops in numerous bases and essentially occupied countries all over the world) and now they are there quite legally.

The US plans went awry when the people of the Crimea broke away as robbing the RF of the Sevastopol port would have been a major blow to Russian power projection and self defense capabilities in the southern hemisphere.

However the major plan to destabilize the Ukraine and create a crisis on Russia's border is still on general course despite some minor setbacks. The plan is to try to drive a wedge between the Russian federation and western¢ral Europe so as to best prevent European integration ( which is a nightmare scenario for the empire builders in Washington as it was for the British empire before them) so as to make sure that no rival trade or security organization can ever be formed that can contest or take over the nice racket that several hundred British/American old elite families have had going for a century.

But perhaps you knew the last part of this....

Stellar
edit on 25-5-2014 by StellarX because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2014 by StellarX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18
Exactly how do they plan on funding this? Everything in that country is at least 30 years old technology that is out dated and worn out. I can't beleive the Seuze actually works still, that thing is a step backward from Apollo.

Not only that but Russia cant even get to mars. They keep failing to even orbit the planet mars much less land Humans upon it. Aside from Soyuz Russia is pretty dismal at space launches, especially deep space.

Russia is being eclipsed by China in ever way possible including space. China is now in competition with the EU and soon the US if we don't get off our rear ends.

Make no mistake China is the big boy in town on that side of the world. Russia is just a dyeing wana be and with Putin in charge it will die sooner rather than later.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join