It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Oregon May 20th 2014

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
this is how many lights should be on it..

That's not how many lights there should be on any given aircraft. That image just depicts where possible light locations can be.

Different aircraft manufacturers will put certain lights in different locations on an aircraft. The only thing common in what lights go where is the red and green wingtip lights, and a taillight depending on the type of aircraft. The landing lights can be in several different places, the strobe lights can be in several different places.

The video in the OP clearly shows green light, red light, strobe light, and landing lights. All of which = terrestrial aircraft, and none of which = alien spacecraft (unless aliens are informed on FAA regulations).

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

i did not say aliens....

i said UFO.

and as i said:..it looks so strange for me that craft that i would not wonder if the military "Ship" their secret non-gravity black project crafts like that....

Because people like you say: see ??? BLINKING LIGHTS..red.. green......."Nothing to see here folks"

edit on 23-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Right now i am seeing one triangle craft flying behind different "spheres"..which are geometrically aligned in a different way than they would if it was lights on an airplane...

I could change my mind and see a plane if anybody can explain the geometrical configuration (in relationship to the angle of the perspective)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Because people like you say: see ??? BLINKING LIGHTS..red.. green......."Nothing to see here folks"

That's because since it's pitch-black outside in the video, you will never be able to 100% identify what kind of aircraft that is.

Since we do know it's a terrestrial aircraft, the object in the video moves from "UFO" to "UFA" (Unidentified Flying Aircraft) or "UFTA" (Unidentified Flying Terrestrial Aircraft).

Now the question is, since we know it's a terrestrial aircraft due to the standard FAA lighting on the aircraft, why waste any more time and energy on trying to identify something that can't possibly be 100% identified due to the nature of the video?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It looks like a helicopter splattered with FLIR and maybe LIDAR. most choppers would have just one beam.
Maybe it's a new set-up to catch the weed growers.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is where he films his "UFOs" , here is a ground sighting from 3.08 where the creek is illuminated by the flashing of a UFO.

The lights he films are not planes they are on the ground or more likely on a hill at the creek he showed on the video he removed (incriminating evidence) the night vision segments he tends to cut away to are planes.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's a plane flying left to right. You can see a gradual change orientation as it flies by, and it passes behind an obstacle in the foreground, presumaly a tree, at 0:35.

The lights are correct, the direction of travel is correct for the lights, and the lights move with respect to one another as they would with a plane changing orientation with respect to the observer. It might be flying over the hill across the creek, but it's definitely not stationary against the hill.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

It's a plane flying left to right.

If you look at the first few seconds of this video in full screen you can see the light reflecting off of the water at the creek , not a plane.

And here's a landed UFO

The lights are stationary it's the camerman that's moving in all of his videos apart from the night vision plane vids.

edit on 23-5-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I did some searching and found another video from the guy where he's burning a flare or magnesium across the creek [@3:10].

I've changed my mind. [edit: You've changed my mind] I now think it's an RC helicopter with a searchlight and red/green nav lights + strobe, and the objects it's passing behind are in fact blades of tall grass in the foreground. The light you posted video of is the searchlight reflecting off the creek.

edit on 23-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

If it want's to camouflage itself as an aircraft as so it's not detected as being a UFO, why doesn't it just turn it's bloody lights off and stay invisible.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

maybe because its not lights...but energy...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

maybe because its not lights...but energy...

That's a novel idea. Energy bursts that mimic aircraft navigation lights.
Those aliens think of everything. What next i ask. Maybe UFO's that look like cars so that they can actually land and move around on the ground.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

I thought the night vision segment was superb... interesting that none of the naysayers have a thing to say about it!

That round glowing object descending above the tree tops is obviously no plane!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

i dont say its aliens...
for me there is a high probability that this is secret military craft..

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Certainly an interesting video. I can't say whether it's a hoax or not. I'm leaning towards an elaborate hoax, considering some of the things gortex has pointed out. Using flares to fake UFOs has been done in the past (referring to some of whotookmymojo's other videos). That doesn't mean strange things don't fly in the skies of Oregon.

Incoming shameless Oregonian plug..

We just had our annual McMinville UFO Fest celebrating ye old McMinville UFO sighting. Clyde Lewis broadcast his show Ground Zero live from there this year. 'Shrouded' w/ Stanton Friedman, Peter Davenport, Susan Larison Danz and more!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I'm leaning towards an elaborate hoax.[/url]

Really?

Who are these thousands of sad and lonely people who spend their time and money creating elaborate hoaxes?

You don't think it might be someone who wants to intentionally discredit the phenomenon, per chance?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
Who are these thousands of sad and lonely people who spend their time and money creating elaborate hoaxes?

You don't think it might be someone who wants to intentionally discredit the phenomenon, per chance?

Who knows why people do half the things that they do?
Yes, there are people who seek to discredit the phenomenon.

There are some aspects of the video shared by the OP that suggest it may not be a hoax. For example I don't hear sounds that would suggest a typical aircraft or remote controlled aircraft. I think the object moves slower than the remote controlled helicopter, shown in a linked video above, does. Also, the YouTube channel isn't monetized so the uploader isn't out to make money.

In the end I don't know for sure.
It's difficult to judge a lot of what comes over the internet.
edit on 23-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Check the local area to see if there is a military base nearby.

Check to see if anyone was doing nightime skydiving.

Also check to see if someone was launching lanterns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join