It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Eliminate itching from Mosquito, Sand Fly, Spider and other really irritating bites.

page: 4
26
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Indeed bro, indeed.

I do recall, when I was a young fetus, my mother employing the house brick remedy, lost a fair amount of sleep that night I can tell you. The house brick remedy is confirmed as a myth and subsequently "busted".




posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I use to tell my friends that I use burning hot water to make insect bites stop bleeding and they just look at me like I'm crazy . HA! JOKE'S ON THEM!



posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: freetheuniverse

Try and use the hot water remedy BEFORE you scratch yourself to the bone.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell



posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I meant itching. My mind must've been wandering elsewhere lol



posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
This may sound a little gross. If you get stung by a jellyfish, piss on it. It works.


I had a jellyfish sting once, it hurt like hell, no matter how much I pissed on the jellyfish.

I think that would be another myth busted, or perhaps it actually required a No 2?

BTW, you aren't into Alchemy are you? They seem to be into urine in a big way.
edit on 28/5/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: chr0naut

Indeed bro, indeed.

I do recall, when I was a young fetus, my mother employing the house brick remedy, lost a fair amount of sleep that night I can tell you. The house brick remedy is confirmed as a myth and subsequently "busted".


Yes, well it really messed with my brother until they passed, and ever afterward he had a phobia of masonry, and of course, masons.

I also have to commend your memory. I have only the foggiest memories of life "in utero" (when I used to play Tarzan with the umbilicus and also shadow box, pretending to be Muhammed Ali. Actually, I now also do recall that I wrote a brilliant critique of Sumerian bisque-wear pottery motifs but sadly in the ensuing years, the original document has been misplaced).



posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Another old but relatively popularly unknown method for bites and stings, especially from venomous bites from spiders and snakes that might ordinarily be fatal without access to anti-venom...is electric shock.

Seriously.

A high voltage, very low current electric shock applied to the bite or sting area preferably as soon as possible, and certainly within 30 - 180 minutes, will most probably save your life.

This trick has been used to positive effect since the 1930's, in the USA, Africa and Asia.

In times of desparate need, although not advised as in itself might kill you, is to use the spark plug circuit from a car to apply the voltage to the bite victim.

As i say, that technique is a last resort measure, only to be used in extreme emergencies where the victim is likely to die from the bite anyway...it has been shownj to save many people, but is obviously dangerous as the current is much too high.

People have been using the starter circuits from small petrol tools like petrol lawnmowers as a zapping tool, to great success for many years, and recently, specialist and dedicated portable devices have been manufactured specifically for treating and curing venomous bites..these can be found with a search using the engine of choice.

The electricity changes the structure of the protein in the venom, and neutralises it apparently. The sooner the zap can be applied the better the outcome and recovery.



posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Another old but relatively popularly unknown method for bites and stings, especially from venomous bites from spiders and snakes that might ordinarily be fatal without access to anti-venom...is electric shock.

Seriously.

A high voltage, very low current electric shock applied to the bite or sting area preferably as soon as possible, and certainly within 30 - 180 minutes, will most probably save your life.

This trick has been used to positive effect since the 1930's, in the USA, Africa and Asia.

In times of desparate need, although not advised as in itself might kill you, is to use the spark plug circuit from a car to apply the voltage to the bite victim.

As i say, that technique is a last resort measure, only to be used in extreme emergencies where the victim is likely to die from the bite anyway...it has been shownj to save many people, but is obviously dangerous as the current is much too high.

People have been using the starter circuits from small petrol tools like petrol lawnmowers as a zapping tool, to great success for many years, and recently, specialist and dedicated portable devices have been manufactured specifically for treating and curing venomous bites..these can be found with a search using the engine of choice.

The electricity changes the structure of the protein in the venom, and neutralises it apparently. The sooner the zap can be applied the better the outcome and recovery.



That sounds interesting, Electricity, I'll pass that on to my friend Dr Victor Frankenstein. I wonder if it works for other irritating bites like shark bites?



posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I believe in some sense you are correct although I have not seen or heard it about with respect to insect bites.

More relevant, from what I've managed to observe so far, is the complete eradication of symptoms of Ross River Fever. I have first hand personal information as well as third partly anecdotal evidence that makes me believe that this is more than snake oil. I'll revisit this tomorrow, but there is definitely more research warranted with this type of treatment as far as I can determine.

ETA: I should add that I'm talking about 12v. Read the top line from here, that's just the start.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 28-5-2014 by myselfaswell because: additional information supplied



posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was going to start a new thread, but what the hey....
Plantain is one of the easiest and best fixes for insect bites/stings.

We've tried it on a yellow jacket sting:
I put plantain tincture on a cotton ball...secured with tape...left it for about a half hour to an hour.
Reapply as needed.
Takes out the heat, and the itch, draws out the toxin.

Similar results with mosquito bites, but less time is needed.
I've had even faster result chewing on a fresh plantain leaf...and applying.
www.prairielandherbs.com...

herbalacademyofne.com...



posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I get bad angry red nodules from mosquito bites.

If I'm going somewhere where I expect to be bitten, I take l-cetirizine (5mg daily) or any other non-sedating anti-histamine, and rub 1% hydrocortisone cream on any areas that do get bitten.

Spider bites are different, they can get ugly black necrotic bits that should be seen by a doctor immediately.

In general, I just prefer to wear long trousers with socks tucked over the ends, and never wear sandals during mosquito season.



posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I seem to be a bit of a mossie target every summer as I am usually out and about around water photographing the wildlife. Been using Mosi-Guard natural repellant for the last 3 years and have never been bitten while using it.

For those times I have been bitten multiple times when I have forgotten it, I use another simple off the shelf remedy - toothpaste!
I had a particularly nasty bite at one point this year on my right hand, on the web between thumb and forefinger. It woke me up late night and my whole arm, from fingertips to elbow was itchy and painful. A dab of toothpaste on it and within 2-3 minutes the pain and itching was easing off and I was able to sleep again. By morning, the swelling had gone right down and when I washed off the toothpaste there was no more itching or pain. Works every time!

Not sure where I first heard of this but I have been using it for years on bites to remove swelling and stop the itching and pain. Maybe it's the fluoride in toothpaste that does it, or the minty freshness!




top topics



 
26
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join