It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eliminate itching from Mosquito, Sand Fly, Spider and other really irritating bites.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Sami people in lappland ( there is a lot of mosquitos) let mosquitos bite as much as they want and lift off in peace and more you are bitten less it itch. Itching is due allergic reaction to bites.
Other methods if you don´t like itching are, ice ( keeping ice in place where the bite is about 20 minutes), baking soda, vinegar with some water ( if badly bitten a bath with 3 cups of vinegar ), banana skins ( takes the fluid off the bited spot ), a bit of honey on the spot ( honey is antibacterial ), fresh basil crushed ( has camphor and thymol in it ).

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I sure could have used this thread a few days ago, I have just gone through several days of misery! we don't usually have mosquitoes here and suddenly they are all over me!

I keep After Bite for stings, the ammonia I think is what does the work, works instantly if you can use it quick, does not work on Mosquito bites.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The hot water treatment does not last but an hour; Might help to get to sleep, BUT thats all. Sleeping sure you can't feel it then, so maybe that is where this 8 hour thing came from..

What worked better, in a natural kind of way, was taking a little wad of tobacco and placing it on the bite.

Those would be used only if I was in a tight fit and have been used for experimentation. Other then that, i use caladryl. It works, all that matters. www.desktopdrugstore.com...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When I drove a van for a job I once had I was stung by a bee, then it started to burn, then itch, then throb, I needed something cold and wet--like fast.
I grabbed window cleaner (generic windex) sprayed my arm with it, rubbed it in and all the burning and itching and throbbing was gone instantly!

It's the ammonia.

What i find works for mosquito bites is to squeeze the bite, or bite the bite, I think that disperses or squeezes out the toxin from the local area.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
1. MY wife found a simplified alternative to the hot shower. Take a metal spoon and heat it up in a cup of hot water (or coffee) and the touch the spoon to the mosquito bite. Itch gone! (Also works for no-see-um bite itching, but not for the pain of no-see-um bites for some reason)

2. For venomous bug stings like wasps and bees, make a paste out of meat tenderizer and water. Apply the paste to the sting and leave it on until the pain goes away. Rinse off with cold water. The enzymes in meat tenderizer actually colapse the proteins in the venom as well as cleaning out the necrotic tissue in the sting location (which is what causes the pain).

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why would you want it to not itch? It feels soooo good to scratch it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Use a blow dryer on poision ivy & poision oak. Feels great and stops the itch for around 12 to 14 hours. Just as op said, release's the histamines built up in that area. Follow with alcohol and it will be gone in no time.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Ice, simply grab a cube in a napkin or rag and gently rub on the bite. Works kinda on the same principle as the hot water accept it is localized to the bite. It also reduces the inflammation of the bite which is much of the reason why it itches in the first place.

This will relieve the problem entirely. You may have to apply a couple times depending on your tolerance and how long you apply. Relief is immediate with this however and it numbs very quickly. You will love this method once you try it.

Others are alcohol, or small amount, drop of clear fingernail polish. The pink stuff which name eludes me right now lol.

But ice is my favorite because it illuminated the issue entirely.

The Bot

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I like the hot spoon idea. I've just gotten up after a Saturday morning sleep in and I've got a mozzie bite just above my right ankle. I've also just made a cup of tea. Hot spoon treatment is confirmed successful. Nice one, thanks mate.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Your quite right, if it works use it.

The hot treatment, for me and others does give prolonged relief.

Quite a few years ago I was diving in Fiji. I came across one young bloke on one dive who had, the previous night, fallen asleep on the beach with nowt but a pair of shorts. Fairdinkum the guy was completely covered with bites and absolutely frantic with itching. I told him to jump into the water hang onto the boat as I knew the coolness of the sea water would help a little. I gave him the brief as per the OP, all good. Got him through the rest of the day.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ice does work great, put some in a large tumbler add a few cups of jack Daniels drink till itch stops.

Seriously for Mosquitos my family uses baking soda and vinegar, works pretty well itch gone in a few seconds

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have had chronic hayfever all my life.

I found a product that has now stopped this chronic hayfever. its called NasalCrom Nasal Allergy Symptom Controller,

The thing i have noticed is after using it for a few months that i no longer have the mosquito bite itching or swelling.

NasalCrom is a histamine blocker and the itching and swelling of mosquito bites is a histamine reaction.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Apple cider vinegar is good too. Just rub a little on the bites. Actually apple cider vinegar is useful for lots of things, I always keep a bottle. Three things only in my medicine cabinet: Organic naturally fermented Apple cider vinegar, a couple of aspirin, a bottle of cold pressed organic sunflower oil. That's all I need to stay healthy. Oh, and a little marijuana occasionally.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
One other that I forgot to mention is the stinging caterpillar. Got smashed real bad about 3 months ago, just above the belt line. That took about 2 months to get rid of that one, hot water treatment at least got me to sleep at night.

Kind Regards

Myselfaswell

Use tape to pull the hairs out. That is what stings you. If you get the hairs out it's so much better.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Unfortunately I found that out too late.

I was on the chainsaw and thought I'd gotten a small fletch of timber in my shirt. I gave it a good rub to get rid of it, all the while unknowingly smearing this little sh!thead all over my stomach.

Lesson learnt I can tell you.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
use pepper chilli vodka tincture helps, and at cuts allways in the car at work and home zagruzitfoto.com...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

Seriously, that looks like a killer shot. Personally I'd probably not do the car thing.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell on taste death of fascism, but I do not drink it outside

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have found icy hoy balm work like a charm for bites. When I moved to Virginia two years ago biting fly were are new experience for me. Did a little research and that was the recommendation. I use the icy hot stick less messy. Hope this helps.
edit on 24-5-2014 by prepper54 because: Clarity

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
FI found, quite by accident, that Deep Woods Cutter Off(R) if sprayed on the bites immediately after they occur will stop the pain and greatly reduce the inflammation. I have no idea why it works on fire ant bites, but it does and I keep several cans handy for my grandchildren (and me).

Sorry but it sounds like a terrible idea to spray that chemical (deet) directly onto fresh wounds. It's kind of a toxic chemical which I gave up using personally because mosquitoes love me enough to ignore it anyhow. It also corrodes certain kinds of fabrics which I consider a bad sign.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join