It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Poor Nations have the right to Progress technologically

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So i remember opening threads about sending satellites to moon mars, launching carriers and every time there are a certain group of people who immediately jump to the conclusion that poor or poverty striken countries should not engage in tech progress and should forever try to improve the HDI index . Only problem is you need technology and a decent military these days if you want to be truly independent and not end up being bombed the democracy out of you ...

guardianlv.com...
India Mars Mission to Launch Amidst Overwhelming Poverty

What a refreshing headline! Not even poverty. It has to be “overwhelming poverty”. Who are we to launch into space? Should we not ask our British colonial masters before doing anything?

Apparently the other countries engaging in scientific research face no poverty. Apparently, space has something to do with poverty. Apparently, it is between funding Isro and solving poverty. You cannot do both. No sir, no. Next time, when you write about something that Britain did well, sure to remember to randomly incorporate the poverty of Birmingham and the riots of London into the title.

“England wins 10 Olympic golds amidst all the poverty”

“NASA begins its moon mission despite failing to manage hurricane relief”

“European Space Agency launches a satellite despite the inability to control religious riots in Paris and Tottenham, London”.

balajiviswanathan.quora.com...

How can poor countries afford space programmes?
www.economist.com...
How can poor countries afford space programmes? What if the 16,000 scientists and engineers now working on space development were deployed instead to fix rotten sanitation?

Someone from Oxford wants to know why don't we all Indians work on toilets and potty research? If this author lived at the time of Renaissance, s/he might have written: Newton, Michelangelo and da Vinci are wasting time instead of building toilets.
Someone from Oxford wants to know why don't we all Indians work on toilets and potty research?

If this author lived at the time of Renaissance, s/he might have written:
Newton, Michelangelo and da Vinci are wasting time instead of building toilets.

This is quiet simple when kids get educated, go to collage and end up being Engineers and Scientists you cannot always put them on poop research . Those kids who get educated have a dream and the State must make use of its Human resources .

www.theguardian.com...
Critics of Britain's aid programme in the country have also been angered by the mission. The UK gives India around £300m each year

Britain threatens to pull its aid. This is ghastly. What would India do without all these do-gooder British aid? The Indian economy of 1 trillion pounds was badly depending on these 300 million pounds that comes with no strings attached. We are an ungrateful bunch, aren't we? We are supposed to surrender our national priorities and research work and listen to our ex-colonial masters for a paltry 300 million.

The famous "We Send them aid , so they should not put satellites to the moon/mars
"

Except of course the govt. never receives the aid and its usually NGO's and Christian missionaries receiving the aid who end up converting converting tribals in mass . During 2004 Tsunami they were even reports of Churches asking villagers to "convert to Christianity to get Aid "

balajiviswanathan.quora.com...

It is exciting for the children and teenagers, many of whom might take up a career in science, technology and research. These kids deserve an inspiration in the sky. If we can get a couple of hundred of these kids into hard sciences, the mission would have paid for itself completely.

ISRO is already using the technology to help other countries put their equipments in space (for a lucrative fee, of course). If we continue to innovate in cost and speed, we could become a big hub for space projects. That would mean employment for 1000s of engineers and lot of foreign $$. India successfully launches Indo-French, 6 foreign satellites

India needs to prove its technological capabilities as it is building up the technology hub of the future - not just space, but everything. If you could launch a Mars mission at the cost of setting up ERP in an enterprise, you could build anything. There are both direct and intangible effects of this demonstration. This would really benefit India's tech companies. This is actually rocket science! Again more $$.

India needs to spend on research to master the science of the future. NASA had plenty of spinoffs resulting out of its space program that advanced other fields such as medicine, apparel, food and navigation.

We could have made the "Model T" of spacecrafts - inexpensive and quick. The mission was completed in just 14 months and $75 million with little prior expertise. More importantly, the mission got off the ground on the first try. China, Japan and Russia have had to abort Mars missions in the past 2 decades due to launch failures. That is an outstanding engineering feat worth of salute.

Indians have always been fascinated by space since antiquity. Our ancient scientists spent all their lives looking at space. In the recent times, scientists such as Subramaniam Chandrashekar (Nobel laureate in astrophysics), SN Bose (Boson was named after him) have electrified the field. This mission is deeply fascinating even from a cultural perspective.

Imagine the potential it has for the humanity if we could launch 100s of inexpensive missions in our search for alternative life forms and alternative planets. 4 years ago India helped confirm that there is water on moon - the confirmation of which has eluded global researchers for 5 decades. This mission sent to detect methane could be the start of a new life for Indian science. Aryabatta and Bhaskaracharya would be really proud of the lads who worked on this mission.

We need our Renaissance. We can be drooling in our pee or we can start to create something. We have to start breaking the chain of poverty by thinking outside the box. That would mean boldly assertive. People in other walks of life can surely draw inspiration from our scientists. This day is so refreshing although I have zero connection with anything ISRO did. If we can reach Mars, we can do anything - from politics, arts to science & sports.

This isn't about India , the above post and links was just a very good example . I have seen such criticism every time a poor nation like Africa, Pakistan or any Asian Nation has tried to progress forward. Especially when Nigeria decided to make a space Program

I know there are a lot of people who understand the reasoning and please do not take this like am making broad judgments about certain people . This is only to those who use poverty as an excuse to bully other countries when ever they progress

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't invest in technology, I've never heard anyone say that anyway.

But when you have rivers that are full of bloated rotting corpses of the poor and destitute, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities when it comes to allocating the budget.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Um...

First of all, although I believe that every nation should aspire to space travel, and that ultimately space travel should be undertaken in the future by a single international body, beholden to no nation, creed, or culture save for that of the expansion of mankind toward the stars, I also believe in tackling issues in order.

Yes, technological progress should be the right of any society. However, that progress should be made where it is vital first, and where it would be nice second. Let us be honest for a moment here. While there are millions of starving people in a country, its government has no business launching a vast proportion of its GDP into space, rather than using that money to improve the lives of its poorest citizens, by putting infrastructural projects together to create jobs for those who have none, by opening hospitals which even the most socially and financially destitute can use, by starting social programs which bring the poorest people in those nations, up to at least the level of safety and security enjoyed by the poorest people in my country, or any other developed nation.

That money should be used to drag the society as a whole into an age of improved social responsibility, BEFORE it gets used to launch missions to space. Now, I absolutely believe that a poor nation which already looks after its people very well indeed, ought to be free to launch space missions if it wishes to. But only if it has met the basic needs of its people first. I say that not as a British person, nor as a person from a developed nation, but as a person who grew up dirt poor and got no help from my government, even in this apparently developed nation.

People come before progress in a fair society. Of course, if fairness and decency are not important to a nations leadership, which is often the case, and certainly is here in the UK, then that leadership will do what they do despite common sense dictating that they do otherwise.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't invest in technology, I've never heard anyone say that anyway.

But when you have rivers that are full of bloated rotting corpses of the poor and destitute, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities when it comes to allocating the budget.

You can comprehend the English language right ? Because your above post is simply Ridicules

edit on 23-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Um...

First of all, although I believe that every nation should aspire to space travel, and that ultimately space travel should be undertaken in the future by a single international body, beholden to no nation, creed, or culture save for that of the expansion of mankind toward the stars, I also believe in tackling issues in order.

Yes, technological progress should be the right of any society. However, that progress should be made where it is vital first, and where it would be nice second. Let us be honest for a moment here. While there are millions of starving people in a country, its government has no business launching a vast proportion of its GDP into space, rather than using that money to improve the lives of its poorest citizens, by putting infrastructural projects together to create jobs for those who have none, by opening hospitals which even the most socially and financially destitute can use, by starting social programs which bring the poorest people in those nations, up to at least the level of safety and security enjoyed by the poorest people in my country, or any other developed nation.

That money should be used to drag the society as a whole into an age of improved social responsibility, BEFORE it gets used to launch missions to space. Now, I absolutely believe that a poor nation which already looks after its people very well indeed, ought to be free to launch space missions if it wishes to. But only if it has met the basic needs of its people first. I say that not as a British person, nor as a person from a developed nation, but as a person who grew up dirt poor and got no help from my government, even in this apparently developed nation.

People come before progress in a fair society. Of course, if fairness and decency are not important to a nations leadership, which is often the case, and certainly is here in the UK, then that leadership will do what they do despite common sense dictating that they do otherwise.

You did not read the OP..did you ? I believe you hit the reply button by simply reading the headline ? *facepalm*

Please for the love of god almighty stop this nonsense and double check your pre conceived notions before you accept them as facts .

Do some research , detailed research .. Its the Space program itself which has helped people to go above the poverty line .. For example a fisherman i know personally who was extremely poor used Satellite navigation to located shoals of fish , His Catch got multiplied 5-10 times and now he has a TV, fridge Car and able to give his children good education ..

As for the infrastructure Hospitals and all that , What makes you think we are not doing that ? Do you people just blindly believe the MSM and believe the entire country is one big Slum ? OR is everything other than Europe and America considered destitute and filled with poverty ??

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
And who said that country you the rich say is poor is poor? Maybe your idea of rich and their idea of rich differ? My question to the rich. How much do you contribute to the state of the poor nation. Most times they are poor because the rich nations either keep them poor or made them poor. Ain't we supposed to help one another? It should not be a matter of money but pride. Then how " rich" are you really. Take america, apparently rich but have 17 trillion US$ debt. Rich my a$$. Just because another country is not prepared to make so much debt does not mean they are poor. And then they jump on their high horse about poor but look how usa people do not have work, work that pay less than a living wage, take food stamps away and half the us will die of hunger. Its a big fat joke. Those "poor" African and Asian countries might be richer than the west. Their priorities might just be not as skew as the west and they might put value on different things in life than mcdonalds and big screen tv's.
When last did you go and do something for free for a neighbor, share a meal with a stranger for no reason other than sharing?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

In general, I agree, but there are a few nations that have it all wrong.

North Korea is the one that stands out for me, it's all very well to have a space program, but when your technology is decades behind everyone else, it's just wasting money. Their tech is soviet era, if a nation can't at least keep up with everyone else, then it's just plain pointless.

Their nuclear capabilities is another example, they seem more interested in developing nuclear weapons rather than nuclear power, all the while the majority of the country has no electricity at night.

edit on 23-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Technological fishing aids are NOT a result of a space program! That is utter bunkum! The technology has been available and in use for ages, and is based on GPS data, mixed with underwater sonar capability normally speaking. These things do NOT require that every nation utilising them, has a space program, which ought to be obvious because the thing that really makes them work efficiently is GPS, that is GLOBAL Positioning Systems, not Localised Area Only, If You Do Not Have Your Own Space Program You Are Out Of Luck System, or LAOIYDNHYOSPYAOOLS for short.

If the Indian government paid a premium (cheaper than having its own dedicated systems) to other nations to use a portion of all of their weather tracking satellites, and get the sort of data about weather and fishing via that method, then it would not need its own, and could sink that money into fixing the big, ground level issues in the nation.

Putting it bluntly, it is all very well suggesting that technological progress will bring the nation up, but it simply is not true. There is a right way to spend money, and a wrong way. Until every child in India has enough to eat, until illness relating to malnutrition has been obliterated from the society, until the same progress is made by India, that was made by, as an example, the US before it considered a space program for the first time (i.e. the majority of people living in the nation being fed, having clean water, extensive and well maintained sewerage disposal systems, healthcare of some sort, rather than just prayer and decay) then they should think more wisely about these things.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Every Human on Earth has equal rights to all physical resources and all intellectual resources and knowledge.

Every Human has the right to relocate on this Planet.

Humanitys next great leap will be re-locating its populations before we exterminate each other in resource based wars.

We need to bring the people to the resources,not the resources to the people,and this means Global restructuring ASAP.

There is no other way for the present global elite to become any more "elite",they need to invest in Humanity or they cannot reap greater rewards down the line.

It is easier to do than one might imagine.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Technological fishing aids are NOT a result of a space program! That is utter bunkum! The technology has been available and in use for ages, and is based on GPS data, mixed with underwater sonar capability normally speaking.

mycoordinates.org...
I keep saying do some research before you sprout nonsense

If the Indian government paid a premium (cheaper than having its own dedicated systems) to other nations to use a portion of all of their weather tracking satellites, and get the sort of data about weather and fishing via that method, then it would not need its own, and could sink that money into fixing the big, ground level issues in the nation.

And why should we depend on another nation for technological progress ? Do you know how cheap it for India to send Satellites to space . The Space program has been immensely helpful to the Indian society more than anything else . In-fact its profitable because India has been even launching satellites of even other countries .
Infact India sent a satellites to mars cheaper than the 3 lord of the rings movie combined. Essentially its easier to go to mars for India than to make a movie about it.

Putting it bluntly, it is all very well suggesting that technological progress will bring the nation up, but it simply is not true. There is a right way to spend money, and a wrong way. Until every child in India has enough to eat, until illness relating to malnutrition has been obliterated from the society, until the same progress is made by India, that was made by, as an example, the US before it considered a space program for the first time then they should think more wisely about these things.

There is so much hot air in the above post, its really not worth a reply .. Read the opening post again , carefully this time. And try to educate yourself more about the country rather than making broad statements .. Heights of Ignorance . Ignoring the entire opening post and making such a stupid reply is brillaintly stupid

The number of Indians living in extreme poverty has fallen from 37% to 22% in the past seven years, according to the latest official data from the Planning Commission.

www.bbc.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I could keep linking you more points , but whats the point . Ignorance seems to be a standard procedure on a website which claims to "deny ignorance"

i.e. the majority of people living in the nation being fed, having clean water, extensive and well maintained sewerage disposal systems, healthcare of some sort, rather than just prayer and decay)

This comment reeks of superiority complex and the typical westerner bully mentality .

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Technological fishing aids are NOT a result of a space program! That is utter bunkum! The technology has been available and in use for ages, and is based on GPS data,

Um ... you do understand where GPS data comes from?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

mycoordinates.org...
I keep saying do some research before you sprout nonsense

I have not spouted any nonsense. You have not read my reply. I know that fishing aids can help fishermen in the way you describe. I totally refute the necessity of a nation to have its very own satellite systems in order to enable the improvement of fishing efficiency however. There are over a thousand operational weather satellites in orbit currently, and that does not count all the GPS satellites, and the ones which would be able to assist in fishing, and that means that there is ALREADY coverage for the region, which could have been secured without any of the fuss and bother, and would have freed up resources for correcting the still appalling state of the lives of the poorest people in India.

And why should we depend on another nation for technological progress ? Do you know how cheap it for India to send Satellites to space . The Space program has been immensely helpful to the Indian society more than anything else . In-fact its profitable because India has been even launching satellites of even other countries .
Infact India sent a satellites to mars cheaper than the 3 lord of the rings movie combined. Essentially its easier to go to mars for India than to make a movie about it.

I am sure it is profitable, but would STILL be cheaper to rent time on passing, pre-existing satellites, rather than building and launching their own.

There is so much hot air in the above post, its really not worth a reply .. Read the opening post again , carefully this time. And try to educate yourself more about the country rather than making broad statements .. Heights of Ignorance . Ignoring the entire opening post and making such a stupid reply is brillaintly stupid

I have read the opening post, and I did so before making my own. With regard to educating myself about the region, only people who do not already have general knowledge require to research such matters. As it happens, I am very well informed.

There are more than one thousand leper colonies in India, a disease which affects people predominantly who live in abject, soul crushing poverty. No country with such an excessive amount of persons affected by such a disease, a disease which only comes of people being neglected by society by and large, needs to launch a space vehicle, until it has reduced the numbers of suffers of such a disease to double digits, rather than to have more than a thousand COLONIES of lepers. Hansens disease is treatable, and until it has been all but obliterated, the expenditure on reaching for the stars cannot be seen as legitimate!

The number of Indians living in extreme poverty has fallen from 37% to 22% in the past seven years, according to the latest official data from the Planning Commission.

www.bbc.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I could keep linking you more points , but whats the point . Ignorance seems to be a standard procedure on a website which claims to "deny ignorance"

i.e. the majority of people living in the nation being fed, having clean water, extensive and well maintained sewerage disposal systems, healthcare of some sort, rather than just prayer and decay)

This comment reeks of superiority complex and the typical westerner bully mentality .

Utter hogwash. It is precisely because I care about the plight of those less fortunate than myself, that this entire thing makes me so bloody angry. Your external quote about the number of people living in extreme poverty being reduced to 22% is laughable. Do you read what you write?

22% of a country living in poverty, means that there is at least 20% percent more work to do before even THINKING of launching space missions! Utter madness! I grew up in relative poverty. We had to chose between heat and light, or heat and food, or light and food for the first ten years of my life. We lived in a house with holes in it, that leaked when it rained, had wiring that was condemnable and a fire risk, was constantly infested with woodlice, and had no luxuries of any kind.

My life then was better than the lives of 22% of Indias current population. NO ONE SHOULD BE IN THAT POSITION! NO ONE! It is my understanding of social inequality which informs my opinion of this ridiculous space program, which insists to me constantly that every brass farthing spent in India, by its government, ought to be spent on medical programs, and GROUND BASED infrastructure which directly, and without any buggering about, improves the lives of those who have thus far been left behind.

Again I say, the program which allowed your fisherman friend to find fish easier might be all manner of fancy, and a massive morale boost, but it is nothing more than a showboat, because the same coverage and access could have been secured for a fraction of even the cheap launch cost of an Indian satellite launch, and until the social issues in India have been solved, until leper colonies become a thing of the past, and the numbers of patients reduce to the point where they can be treated in fully equipped hospitals, without becoming impossible to deal with due to the numbers involved, and until that 22% looks more like 2% the very idea of aiming for the stars is a bloody outrage, and it should outrage everyone who is in those leper colonies, and everyone who is in that 22%.

Do not DARE to tell me that in caring about the plight of people who I have more in common with than I do most of my own countrymen, I am being a bully! I am being realistic. I believe that a society should march forward at the pace of its slowest member, which means that if things are to progress, the slowest member should be supported so that they can move faster. I believe in progress from the bottom up, not the top down, because no matter what happens from the top down, the bottom gets left behind if any other system is devised and enacted.

That has already been happening for far too long, in far too many of the nations seen as less developed. That is not acceptable, it never was, and it never will be.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Read the whole of my posting in this thread, and you will see that I do indeed understand where GPS data comes from. I am therefore aware, that GPS data for every single scrap of land and sea is already available. Access to that data can be gained from any of the operating nations of the pre-existing systems which are currently in orbit, which would be cheaper than starting an entire space program to have the same effect. In short, GPS satellites are already up there. India therefore, could just as easily, and more cheaply, arranged access to the data from those orbitals, but instead decided to launch a program of its own, despite there being an awful lot of work to do at ground level.

That is my argument.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I was not going to reply here because the tone was... not inviting by any means. After reading this post I had to jump in and just say that I understand what you are saying and agree with it 100%. I have a love of space myself and live in the US. However, I have often thought that even our money could be better used elsewhere at times.

To me, that just seems the most logical thing. To others... not so much. If a country is in poverty to the extent many are, I (like you) think that not letting their citizens die should trump any and all endeavors of this nature. I feel the same way about our people and our staggering debt. If I am in debt by billions of dollars, my daughter needs antibiotics and I am having to borrow money, I probably shouldn't go out and buy a 60 inch flat screen HD TV.

Not everyone feels the same way apparently. And what is apparent to us, others seem oblivious to.

I don't think you will win this particular argument in this particular thread, but I could not help coming out to let you know that you aren't the only sane one in attendance.

The best way to further technology in any country is to care for and feed the very people that you will need to achieve that goal IMO.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Starred!

You make a very good moral argument ...

But your argument completely overlooks things like national security issues [like military stuff] that may require in house national satellites for GPS reasons.

Also the moral argument becomes moot because ...

Did the USA cure homelessness and lawlessness in its country before it put a man on the moon?

Did Russia cure social injustices before it put a satellite and a man into orbit?

Did China cure famine and disease before it put a space station in orbit?

So indeed India and any other nation at all is entitled to move forward with a space program as long as they abide by the international laws for space ... which do not require the fixing of anything moral before venturing into space.

Finally your previous posts also seemed to ignore the economic benefits of having a national space program, when such a program could have some serious bootstrapping effects on the economy.

Can you address these points of mine please?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
TrueBrit

Yes it is plain nonsense . No it would not have , We are actually freeing up resources and not to mention using the satellites we developed ourselves to 100% efficiency , rather than depending on any western nation especially NATO countries . We have not only freed resources but also have made a profit out of it and the Indian space program gives back 3 times as much to the Indian society . Being a large country we need satellites custom made for our needs and making them and launching them ourselves is a lot more cheaper than asking any other nation to launch it ...

www.indiaspend.com...

www.livemint.com...

NO its not , pre-existing satellites is not as helpful as home made satellites custom built for our personal need. Besides we are making money out of the business of launching satellites than simply wasting money on renting it ..

I have read the opening post, and I did so before making my own. With regard to educating myself about the region, only people who do not already have general knowledge require to research such matters. As it happens, I am very well informed.

You are very well misinformed and need re education on these matters ...

There are more than one thousand leper colonies in India, a disease which affects people predominantly who live in abject, soul crushing poverty. No country with such an excessive amount of persons affected by such a disease, a disease which only comes of people being neglected by society by and large, needs to launch a space vehicle, until it has reduced the numbers of suffers of such a disease to double digits, rather than to have more than a thousand COLONIES of lepers. Hansens disease is treatable, and until it has been all but obliterated, the expenditure on reaching for the stars cannot be seen as legitimate!

Its a big country with 1.2 billion people , of course the numbers are going to be huge . But only last week polio was eradicated in India and many states in India provide free health care for kids , free lunches in schools and free maternal health care which is improving lives in massive amounts . Expenditure on reaching the stars is making money available for the govt. rather than being a financial Drain... Do you still get how irrelevant your post is ?

Utter hogwash. It is precisely because I care about the plight of those less fortunate than myself, that this entire thing makes me so bloody angry. Your external quote about the number of people living in extreme poverty being reduced to 22% is laughable. Do you read what you write?

Hogwash ? IS BBC link considered as hogwash or does it become hogwash because you did not like what you saw ?

22% of a country living in poverty, means that there is at least 20% percent more work to do before even THINKING of launching space missions! Utter madness! I grew up in relative poverty.

Which also means 80% of the people are having a better standard of living , which also means poverty alleviation, economic and technological progress can go hand in hand . Which is basically my point...

My life then was better than the lives of 22% of Indias current population. NO ONE SHOULD BE IN THAT POSITION! NO ONE! It is my understanding of social inequality which informs my opinion of this ridiculous space program, which insists to me constantly that every brass farthing spent in India, by its government, ought to be spent on medical programs, and GROUND BASED infrastructure which directly, and without any buggering about, improves the lives of those who have thus far been left behind.

Do you know what you are talking about ? Stop talking gibberish ... Home made Launch pads, home made Aircraft carriers . home made fighters, home made medicines and everything made at home provides for employment, security and growth in the country . Western world cannot be trusted one bit to provide security ,satellites or any thing else . Everything will have to be done by Asian nations themselves

Again I say, the program which allowed your fisherman friend to find fish easier might be all manner of fancy, and a massive morale boost, but it is nothing more than a showboat, because the same coverage and access could have been secured for a fraction of even the cheap launch cost of an Indian satellite launch, and until the social issues in India have been solved.

Moral boost ? WTF lol....millions of fisherman are being assisted with this. this increases the standard of living which increases availability to health care ,better education and allows the next generation to be lot better than the previous generation.Social issues, Developing technologies and internal and external security all go hand in hand.
Please stop making stupid excuses

Do not DARE to tell me that in caring about the plight of people who I have more in common with than I do most of my own countrymen, I am being a bully! I am being realistic. I believe that a society should march forward at the pace of its slowest member, which means that if things are to progress, the slowest member should be supported so that they can move faster. I believe in progress from the bottom up, not the top down, because no matter what happens from the top down, the bottom gets left behind if any other system is devised and enacted.

No you people are bullies , you people are like a Rich kid who laughs at the book of the poor kid telling him "you can't even eat and you want to read a book" . Asian and African nations will no longer depend on the western world for security and technology as the western world has been clearly known to take full advantage of it and exploit countries . Every educated person no matter India or Africa should be provided the freedom to fulfill his dreams in his own country . Unless you want Rocket scientists and Aeronautical Engineers in India to research about poop and toilets ..

How the hell does something which actually provides extra finances to the country become a burden on the society . You make no sense what so ever..

tech.firstpost.com...

edit on 23-5-2014 by maddy21 because: Added links

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thats pretty stupid to say just cause the country has poverty they should nto advance.

from what i seen last night down town, there is still homelessness in western countries, yet the military budget is 100x more than the 2nd country in line.

stupid, stupid logic.

Any country should be allowed to advance in anyway they want, they should spend their money however they want.

Pot should not be calling kettle black.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

thats why they are 3rd world countries! Get your priorities straight,then shoot for the moon!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

thats why they are 3rd world countries! Get your priorities straight,then shoot for the moon!

If all the countries that reached moon or space got their priorities straight, then they would not have poverty and homelessness now. But reality says otherwise.

Do you know the how the "3rd would countries" term were coined? it would surprise you to learn up on that.

also, you should update on you geography, countries like India and China are advancing in an exponential rate, compared a stale western society. Many Pharmaceuticals and research are moving to countries like Brazil, India, and China... i know because im working in such field..even our CEO stated that is where the thriving business is at.

Looking at them thru a poorly coined term like 3rd world(which does even mean its wealth but its participation in WWII) as if you are still living in the 1970s is pretty ignorant.
edit on 5/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

Oh right,because scientific progress and improving standards of living cannot go hand in hand.

You should have given this lecture to scientists back during renaissance and am sure someone did. Thank god they would never listen to you, or else you would be still claiming the Earth is flat and we are the center of the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join