It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Welsh Dragon Flag Is The Devil And Should Be Changed, Says Christian Party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

So they're just scared because it's a big bad dragon?! In the article, it says the Christian group doing this is upset because it's "exactly" like the dragon described in Revelation 12:3. Let's examine that:

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads.

Seven heads... seven crowns... ten horns... so yeah, it's just exactly like this beast with ONE head, ZERO horns, and ZERO crowns.

This reminds me of the penchant the church has of labeling anything and everything "satan". It shoots themselves in the foot because they completely dilute and weaken the significance their favorite boogyman (Satan) holds.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear
OK....I give up what does

An al na thrach veh thus ney thud doyeth thell yen they.

mean?....It ain't welsh

Rod.......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: the owlbear
OK....I give up what does

An al na thrach veh thus ney thud doyeth thell yen they.

mean?....It ain't welsh

Rod.......

Rainbows
Jane

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thought you might appreciate that?

Kindest respects

Rodinus...

Right... where are my wellies?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Oh noooooo....NOT the WEELIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Jane heads for the hills*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh noooooo....NOT the WEELIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Jane heads for the hills*

Rainbows
Jane

Geddd orrffff moiiii laaaanddddd....

*Pulls wellies back on*

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 23/5/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

www.timelessmyths.com...
www.visitwales.com...
www.heroofcamelot.com...

There are other story's about the welsh dragon but it is simply an unfortunate coincidence that the ancient celtic symbol was used and another that the patron saint George of England the Dragon slayer is shown killing a Red Dragon, biblicaly speaking though the Red Dragon is indeed a symbol of the devil though it become's clear from these tales that the red dragon to the welsh represented there nation as the white dragon represented the Saxon and later the Normon's.
Historically the saxon came in longboat's like the viking and they had strange carved figurehead's of serpants and mythical beasts while the still non christian celt's revered the land as a living dragon itself not unlike the chinese concept.
Though maybe a cross instead would bring them better fortune.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hey Rod..........I'm Welsh, son. I think I'd prefer the Dragon to a sheep, thanks very much! Diolch yn fawr.

edit on 23/5/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Ahem...excuse me...but what exactly do you mean by this...

Though maybe a cross instead would bring them better fortune.

Just wondering
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I actually think wales is a beautiful place and love the pride the true welsh take in there heritage but I have to stick with my fellow christian's though technically I live just over the border in the land of the Sasanax, still I grew up to dislike dragon's of all flavour's especially grand one's.
I don't mean any offence to the welsh themselves but especially a Red Dragon, now in china Red is seen as a fortunate colour and in respect of the welsh traditions it actually is not a Dragon but representative of the Welsh nation and may even stem back as far as pre christian traditions though celtic dragons were usually shown as serpentine snake like creatures and the welsh flag is more of a Griffon or Chimera except the head which may have once represented a Lion.
Of course non of us really know but I wonder if it could be linked to the old legend of Arturias the Roman after all.
Besides whatever flag they have wales is still a more christian country than england is today and still has some of there famour welsh male voice choirs whom are I believe the best in the world.

Yeah you are right to show consternation.
Paul

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Wales in my view was never really what one would call a Christian nation, in the sense that christianity was foisted on it by the methodist and baptist etc sects of he christian church.

On a historical note, St David was operating about a thousand years before the Baptists, let alone the Methodists.
He would not thank you for the implication that Wales had to wait for the English to bring them Christianity.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That is correct and it was probably welsh missionarys whom helped convert the pagan saxons to christianity, today wales importance is largely overlooked thank's to the propeganda of the Normans whom liked to paint them as lawless savages when in fact it was they whom were the lawless raping, murdering, stealing and oppressing savages.
To the welshman's credit he stood against his Norman adversary while his English cousin (Genetically most native female mitochondrial DNA is ancient celtic British so the Saxons liked the pretty native lady's a lot and tended to not bring there woman) served under serfdom for over 400 years with norman french the only legal language and Anglo Saxon litterally eroded and corrupted into what we call English.
People tend to forget that for over 400 years the English were property and slave, servant is derived from Serf and that is why the Norman inbreed class whom were nothing but pirate raiders if the truth be known had Serfant's or Slave's but in house service there lot was far better than the rest of the population under the Norman's.
The Film Bravehart may be full of historical error's and even hollywood falsehood but it speaks truly of how the Norman's treated those under them with the exception it calls them english and they were Norman's with English Serf footsoldiers.
edit on 23-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
You're quite right he wouldn't, and I should have taken more care over my hastily written post during a break from my work.
Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No, just no.
Though adopted in 1959, the dragon on the flag has been used (occasionally) for hundreds of years. I don't think it will get changed, especially since they all of a sudden just decided to call it demonic.

Just more ways for religious groups to try and change the world to their liking. I don't have a problem with any religion, but no one religion should have the power to make changes to an entire country, because there is no way every single person in that country would agree with it.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Luuke123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I vote, keep the dragon, hands down. That beast would eat saints for breakfast. I wish my country had a badass monster for a flag...for all I care about flags.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ha, Have you ever read about st Columba in the land of the Pict's and how he put a command on the lock ness monster, no well scroll down this page to St Columba you can't miss it a monk with a staff looking at a serpent in a lake.
www.crystalinks.com...
I seriously think the Dragon would develop a very serious case of indigestion, remember also Jonah and the wale.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I am of Welsh-Celtic ancestry and wear two dragons on a ring....and by no means as a Christian...is it to mean anything demonic!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Your post had me giggling....thank you!

It's Friday night, so still keeping on topic, please lets have some fun with this hey!
To help our American cousins

and this to explain the red dragon....

Merddyn is Merlin in welsh for those who don't know.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1   >>

join