It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual gain, social loss?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: radkrish
The more spiritual you become, the more isolate and introvert you will be. Thats part of 'growing up'. 99% of our society functions on unbelievable bs on a daily basis. Who wants to deal with people constantly chattering around useless things? Not my business.

This.

This is how I was feeling when I posted the OP.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I am becoming increasingly anti social......I attribute this to my feeling more introverted as I strive to understand my true origin and spirit.

I am getting very tired of other people and their opinions, and them trying to impose their negative energy on me.

At the end of my day I want nothing to do with anybody else unless they have something really valuable to say.

But I'm supposed to love everybody?

Well GoShred,

I can say that I experience this on an almost daily basis - I am continuously influenced by those around me; and all-too-often those influences are negative. Many times, I find myself wishing I could extract myself from a conversation due to a supreme lack of interest in its importance, or relevance to anything real.

Both of these experiences are something we must all deal with, as it is the presence of others that reminds us of, and encourages our real purpose for existence - which in my opinion is to simply learn.

We are not here to be alone, we are not here to dislike the presence of others - we are here to learn, and in your case, as is commonly mine - our learning experience is that of acceptance and allowance, it would seem.

I wouldn't fear that you're losing touch with your common man, but rather growing a closer understanding of those around you - and mankind as a whole, partially by tolerating those social interactions you are so drawn away from, but partially by realizing why you feel it is a feat of tolerance, rather than something enjoyable - as it should be.

It's all learning, in my opinion. Hope you the best.

Thank you for the refreshing advice!

I have come to some similar conclusions along the way.

We come across all sorts of people and all sorts of situations. It's up to us whether we suffer and fall, or suffer and grow. Suffer and fail or suffer and learn.

Everything and everybody can provide Learning/will strengthening expierience....

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I am spiritually advanced enough that I have no animosity towards humans. I do find, however, and with rare exception, that I am happier when they aren't around me.

Lol, that's where I wanna be

So as soon as I remove the animosity part I may well be just as spiritually advanced as you.

Jk...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's not a coincidence that the philosophers, the wise men, the thinkers throughout history and the enlightened spiritual masters have been practically hermits and shunned the social circles.

Social circles are nothing but ape-talk, gossip, materialism, greed, selfishness, expectations and keeping-you-in-line so you would act exactly like all brainwashed corporate drones do. Why would you even WANT to be part of that?

The word 'society', btw, does not mean what people usually think it means .. (even that is part of the indoctrination)

When you can think for yourself, you need to be alone a lot. Social circles do not like individualists or hermits, so anyone who is even a little bit interested in the spiritual things or right values, is gradually being shunned into becoming a hermit. It's pretty much inevitable - if you want to follow your spirit, you do it alone.

If you want to follow the bottomless stupidity of the ape-masses, you can be social. Ape-masses are very interested in your physical body, even if you would rather talk about grander ideas, the design of the Universe and all that.

Very rarely there can be any exceptions to this rule on THIS planet.

But that's why we have the internet.. you can be social AND a hermit at the same time! Best of both worlds.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

If you wish to remove the animosity the only permanent way would be to find the root of it's cause or to override it completely by contemplating the Creator at all times. Try to remember the earliest experience you personally had with another being that created within you a feeling of animosity towards others. Once you find the cause you can reverse it's subconscious programming and free yourself by denying the opinion/thought pattern that has been stored and recycled continuously in your subconscious mind.

The other method is to label others in your mind as expressions of God, such as when you see an angry person think to yourself "Angry God" or when you see someone who is homeless "Homeless God". This works if you have fundamentally reached the understanding of the Godhead that permeates all creation and is within all manifest reality.

The Absolute Truth is we are all God, though this does not ring true to one who isn't correctly cultivating. One needs to spend enough alone time with their mind completely set on the Father to fully self-realize.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Solve your money problems using law of attraction and find out why people failed to do this ?
Watch this video and the answers to your questions

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-6-2014 by jackhaward because: good

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The old phrase, 'you can lead a horse to water...'. When the horses are assholes and idiots and take away from your own growth, you have to let them die of thirst.

I think the best way to know yourself is to be introverted and selfish. If you can spread yourself around, the better for society. If you can't, I guess the better for you.

We can only change the world by changing ourselves and it takes being alone with ourselves to know what we can and cannot share.

Good for you. You're more than likely on the right path.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jackhaward

Find true happiness in life with spirituality watch this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

when I become irritable I find that sitting in meditation and working through my irritation works. Usually it has to do with the solar plexus chakra, manipura. This has to do with willpower, and shame. It is one of the main places of energy transfer, between others and the world around you. Sit with it, breathe into it, breathe out of it, if there is discomfort, sit through the pain, sit through the discomfort. Cleanse it.

Also, you might get tired of people and their BS. That's ok, it can be part of the path. It is good to work on compassion and understanding. You see, everyone comes from delusion and ignorance. Once you begin to understand yourself, you can view others with compassion, as they're just trying to figure it out like you are, and we all make mistakes, we all act in a way according to our habits, which are born of delusion, craving and ignorance.

There's a light inside... inside us all. Look for it, and the confusion in peoples eyes, they know not what they do. Love them, not their mistakes, forgive their mistakes, and above all, forgive yourself.

I love you.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jackhaward

finally had the chance to watch the video,

some good advice in there, thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey OP,

I totally get where you are coming from and I respect your feelings as I have had much of the same.

As a female, I have run into the problem when I am in a good place of "too much" good energy, whereas all my friends and acquaintances will develop strong feelings or fall for me, (even when I am with someone or married). When rebuked, it brings on jealousy and I end up letting everyone go.

It has made me quite distrustful of people and their motivations- my husband and I keep to ourselves now and are pretty damn happy. Anyone have these issues? I almost feel like I have to have a wall up to talk to anyone.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mystic0608

Thanks! It's interesting, I can totally relate. My friends and coworkers ALWAYS want to hang out after work, or on my days off. It has become ridiculous. Even in the middle of the week, when you would think everyone wants to just go home and relax.

This reminds me of you mentioning too much good energy, I feel like people, even my friends sometimes, are trying to feed off of mine and my families energy. We don't have anything to offer, we're super broke, no drugs.....just compassionate (I try) positive people.

Lately I've been declining many invites and succesfully making it home for what I call a mellow family night, but it's a struggle to maintain.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: preludefanguy

Thank you very for the wonderful advice and kind words.

I especially love your mentioning of the solar plexus chakra, when I get stressed, sometimes I'll get anxious, then my heart may palpitate or my chest will get tight and it's so unpleasant.

So now I'm trying to utilize your advice and just breathe through the pain and discomfort, with my chakras and inner peace in mind. It Works!

Also the times I have practiced compassion and understanding during those times when I may get irritated, little synchronicities will happen, reminding me that it was the right thing to do.......

edit on 11-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't say I'm anti-social, however, if my ability to type/write were as good as my ability to speak, and provided I was interested in common news and affairs, i'd have something to talk about when I interact with others.

Generally I am good at speaking about my experiences, however, those are far to obscure to be applicable to the average person that I would talk with.

So in a way, im not really anti-social, I just don't have that much to talk about with a general audience.

That being said, I would really want to talk about my "other worldly" experiences, and I assure you that there are plenty of things that I am even too insecure to talk about on ATS.

However, it generally follows that I post my newer ideas here, sometimes though I can express parts of my darker nature, and also what you would call unstable thoughts or dellusions, however, when on the front foot I can usually find an audience here, which is great.
edit on 17-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You have to master yourself to understand and love others.
When you learn more about yourself, you start to see a part of you in others.
A part that can either be good or bad.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBunny

I believe that.

I was thinking a similar thought earlier today. I found some synchronicity in you posting just now. Thanks a lot for the contribution. I have a long way to go, but feel I'm on the path. I still have waaaay to much irritability and all kinds of nagging flaws.

What becomes of a person who never truly masters themselves I wonder?
edit on 25-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

edit on 25-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops again

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Your post reminded me of how I was before so I had to share my thoughts.

"What becomes of a person who never truly masters themselves?"
They become ignorant and victims.
Ignorant of the world outside of them from lack of love/understanding of others
And victims of themselves thinking that they deserve better than how the world and people are treating them.

There are many people like this.
I'm sure at least once in your life you've encountered an old person complaining about every little thing that doesn't match their standards and thinking "Why me?!"

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think anything is wrong with you. When one pursues their spirituality seriously and more deeply, the petty, mundane things of the world and society lose importance. You no longer care about petty crap like who won the football game, who is getting voted off the latest reality show, or peoples petty life dramas. Your own perception of life, it's meaning, and the exploration of your own soul have caused you to evolve beyond this. As a result, y6ou will find you have less in common or of interest with most people, and less to talk about. It's hard to stay interested in people whose lives are beer, money, barbecues, popular entertainment, the news, ect, when you are exploring the depths of existence.

The best way to solve this is find others near you to connect with who are on the same path as you.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Whether you feel this is good or bad depends on what standpoint you take.
Do you feel bad that you are socially withdrawing, or do you feel it for the best?

Personally, I am sick of closed minded fools, so I largely keep to myself. I am very happy with this.
Other people may view this as a failure on my part as a member of society, however I could also say the same of their behaviour.

What is important to you?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I understand the feeling because I am going through the same thing here.
I think you're supposed to love everyone but not everyone's garbage.
I am keeping very much to myself unless I feel that I can help or contribute somehow. I remember a few years ago I was selling my little art at all kind of local fairs; and one evening this new woman came up, she was selling handmade jewelry. Seeing that she was kind of scared and all other "friends" selling there threw her sideways looks, I stepped over there to welcome her and give her a bit of encouragement. Until now she remembers me as the only one who welcomed her at her first fair. I was surprised too by my gesture, since I'm never the person to reach out to someone unknown. But I guess that was needed from me at that moment; we never became close friends or something like that.
Other than that when I'm around people I keep quiet; I'm always so quiet that sometimes people ask me if I understand the language
, and I'm around people only if I have too.

You shouldn't worry about social interactions; if someone will need you, like an advice or some support, you will know and you'll probably should do your best to help. If not, you are right to not waste your time with meaningless stuff.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join