It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual gain, social loss?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Man.....what good material....EVERY member rocks! I love ATS.

Introspec...,Chimp of Evil, master Speirs, you guys have literally given me so much to meditate on....thank you..

All members who have replied to this thread freakin nailed it! IMO....

Not sure how long it will take me to write anymore worthy responses so I had to get this out of the way.....

Carry on ATS.....
edit on 26-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

I feel like, without even trying, I have opened my third-eye wide. A good first step, I believe, is to throw your television in the garbage. I got rid of mine years ago. Now my dream life is incredibly vivid. Outside of the sleep state, all I have to do is close my eyes to see an incredible visionary display. I have shed all desire. I accept suffering. Now the most hedonistic pleasures just fall on me like rain.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Thank you good sir!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That is very possible for many people. The 3rd eye naturally opens in succession with all other chakras in accordance with your personal belief systems, etc. You sound like you're on the right track, just try not to stick too long to one thing, keep progressing! Good luck my friend!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

just try not to stick too long to one thing, keep progressing!

If you saw my paintings, or listened to my music, both of which I use as tools of mental and spiritual progress, it would be quickly apparent that I don't stick long to one thing. I am a Rat, according to the Chinese zodiac. I am all over the place.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

edit on 5/26/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What do you mean by going home? Like a singularity? a mass conscious?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1

Aww man, I thought that meant something, you at least prompted me to learn the definition of microcosm....

www.google.com...

At least for me, that is important insight

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Spirituality should make you humble, not arrogant, it should awaken you to accepting the flaws in others not judgmental,, love, wisdom, and knowledge, are accepting others, not a superiority complex.

A truly spiritually wise person sees the beauty in others, we all have flaws and we all have beauty, everyone has something to offer, if you are paying attention.

Studies show lack of community, and relationships make you die younger,a social life and relationships are important, for mental and physical well being.

What path are you on?

That's an awesome name, and I love your 777.
(not being sarcastic. I am way into numerology and get stoked on powerful storms)

I know what your saying, and I pray that I don't become arrogant. I have lived my life on the meek side, with a meek mentality. Only recently have found my strength. Now I am trying to find the balance....
edit on 27-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To me it sounds like you are subconciously detecting the pettiness of the world we live in. As others have already noted and as I have also observed, All the people seem to care about is the materialistic things, Who is being signed in the NFL draft, What did this celebrity say or do? When's the new iPhone or gadget coming out. This is of course all by design to get us away from asking questions about who we are, what am I supposed to be accomplishing here in this life? Am I accomplishing my own deep personal needs as a spiritual being? Am I making a positive or negative difference for others? Based on the very little I heard it just seems you are surrounded by those not in tune with who you are and what it is you desire in life. While opposites do attract, that doesn't mean its always the best thing all the time. reply to: GoShredAK

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I would love to see your artwork and hear your music, do you have them on youtube or anything? Please share!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

It's a long explanation but from what I've understood is we are living in the shadow of the True Universe. The universe we currently reside in is the mortal perishing creation, the temporary creation used to teach and advance Spirits from the Source in order to purify them for the immortal World after this one. Figuratively speaking, yes a singularity but we are already apart of that singularity, we only appear individualized due to the densification of energy in this realm.

I could explain it better but it'd be quite a long post. If you'd like to use U2U's I don't mind elaborating.

Kind regards,

Eric

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
@EvilChimp.

I just read a bunch of your posts on this awesome thread about auras,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much of what you have written really resonates with me and what I have been thinking. It's awesome and trips me out.

If you have the time, I would be stoked if you weighed in on this thread.

It was my first one. I actually intended for it to be my introduction, but it was better suited in religion. My beliefs have since evolved a little bit, but I'm still freakin lost......

edit on 30-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

other people and relationships can slow down or stop spiritual advancement

Even my relationship with myself and my own thought patterns I feel keep me behind.

That's something I'm a little worried about and struggling with.

Before I was just existing in blissful ignorance. Now, that I have woken up I find myself at a plateau.

I get the picture, but I still have to unlearn the old program so I can advance.
edit on 30-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks pal

Hope your journey is enjoyable, filled with peace & exciting!!!

Peace Shred!!!

edit on 31-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The plateau could be considered a "honeymoon period." (I have used that term before, but its extremely fitting).

That said, you have people in this thread who are roughly in the same place, but perhaps closer to the other edge and looking at all the other plateaus that are out there.

This thread seemed to attract the people you needed, keep in contact with the ones that "resonate" with you and start making the walk together until you are able to find your own way.

Do not call anyone master, it does both you and them a dis-service.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
@EvilChimp.

I just read a bunch of your posts on this awesome thread about auras,

So much of what you have written really resonates with me and what I have been thinking. It's awesome and trips me out.

If you have the time, I would be stoked if you weighed in on this thread.

It was my first one. I actually intended for it to be my introduction, but it was better suited in religion. My beliefs have since evolved a little bit, but I'm still freakin lost......

Sorry, I meant to link this thread back there, not the aura thread twice...my bad, embarrassing

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i know how how you feel. just remember to constantly try and find out why you think they hold you back. the answers will most likely play out in your interactions with others. and eventually you won't feel that way anymore.

after that point things feel easier and you find yourself more open to different possibilities in life. you come to know that all of them are valid options and you know know anything is possible.

the old program starts to get really boring after a while and you become more focused on the possibilities of who you can become in the moment.

this is when you start making decisions based on what excites you. you become so focused on what excites you so much that disconnect from others opinions and feelings towards you in order to manifest your ideal life. that becomes your only goal in life.

all the while things like syncronicity and manifestations occur at a higher rate and you are more easily able to notice how your feelings and senses truly interact with the environment without the constant noise the the ego produces.

everything becomes kind of surreal like a painting or a well designed video game and your in awe of everything. if people haven't already started to notice you then they may now because your disconnecting with the normal day to day system. and making decisions that only work towards manifesting your ideal reality.

there is never a plateau. theres always more to learn and experience. as long as your trying and staying true to your self you'll experience greater things.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
I think what you are experiencing is a wave of awakening. I'm not talking about you now going to join some cult or sect or what ever.

Spiritual awakening is unfortunately so much in contrast to what culture and ideology has created while the human race has existed that you almost can't help being alienated a bit from what is, in my opinion also correctly called the herd.

But you have to be vary from now on, because while a lot of us who move on the path of awakening, that are also those who seem to misinterpret what they are experiencing to the point of becoming dogmatized by their own evolution or who simply want to deceive for their own material benefit (fallen ones you might call them... they saw what enlighten could do for them, but chose to remain in the game and use what they saw as a means to gain wealth or power or whatever).

The ones you need to align yourself with is those who act out of genuine compassion... people who don't want you to join a church, pay a membership fee, take your own life etc etc.

McKenna said at some point ( and I also wrote that in another thread ) that realizing that culture and ideology are not your friends will ultimately lead to a certain kind of alienation. It's a given process...

As such it is also here that your choice will stand one of many tests, because freeing yourself cannot come without what your ego and society would interpret as sacrifice... but this is where your greatest weapon toward enslavement will become useful; lack of fear... letting go.

Even you just writing here and sharing your challenge is you working towards being in balance with yourself. You already know where to go... society has just given you the impression that going there is dangerous.

For what it's worth... all this technology, even the internet which we use to communicate right now, has in my opinion enslaved us even more than we have ever been. We have indeed almost come to the point which McKenna talked about where we emerge ourselves in a virtual reality.
But for whose benefit?

Once you choose to step out, try to figure out how the game works. Then you can either at some later point choose to get back into to disrupt it, or become the kind of vessel that returns to help others get out of it. Or you can just stay out... but this takes a bit more effort depending on the obligations you have put on your vessel since money unfortunately is a real concept as long as the majority of the world chooses it to be. They can't imprison your essence that inhabit your human body, but they can imprison the vessel and since your essence is experiencing all this through the human body then being imprisoned in one way or another might not be that interesting in the long run

I'm working towards relieving myself of monetary debt, so I can choose to live a life free from worry or fear.

It's interesting how a drop of water on a leaf can look that much more interesting that the next deadline for whatever video or photo I have to make for whatever unimportant client or listening to their talk about home improvements in the DIY offer they got themselves into... again based on debt.

Thank you for taking the time to post this here.

It's strange how so many people seemed to wake up, become more aware at the same time.

I still can't figure out if I manifested this for myself, or if there truly was some sort of consciousness shift.....

Referring to the fallen ones mentioned above, I wonder what separates us humans from our subliminal tendencies? Some of us seem naturally empathetic and compassionate, while others seem by their very nature, wholly the opposite?

I feel a strong empathy towards common people and those suffering that I can't control. I don't think it's something I have chosen.

As for your last paragraph, I am soooooo buried in debt I better get double enlightened to balance things out or I'm screwed lol......

edit on 2-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Spelling error

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
@OP

No, it means you are a person. There is something called Dunbar 's number which states the frontal cortex only has limited capacity for genuine relationships with others. I believe the cap for most is 150 people. It shows humans are more tribe oriented than people think. The inclination is to form fewer, yet far more sincere, emotional bonds.

IMO there is nothing stating compassion to all is necessary for any type of spiritual enlightenment. Being more self serving, and less dependent on another's "intrinsic" rights to your benevolence can actually be a boon. Something about "coming down the mountain."

Learned something new! Thanks.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_number

I think I may have a frontal cortex deficiency which leaves me with an extremely low "Dunbar number" because 150 seems like a lot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join