It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual gain, social loss?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

There's nothing wrong with it. If you need solitude, time to recharge, you have every right to. Got to trust your instincts, and don't mind what people say or think. Times of isolation, peace and quiet can be a beautiful thing for spiritual growth. Getting away from social distraction and noise can be very beneficial.
edit on 24-5-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

As I understand it with spiritual progression comes the loss of earthy desire, socializing is one of so. Do not fear it my friend, your consciousness is transitioning to it's true nature and your awareness is reattaching itself to the higher realm. You're being prepared to return home, rejoice! I know others on this forum can agree with what I am telling you.

If you'd like to discuss this more feel free to U2U me.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I wonder if you feel the way you do because if you think back to the origins of our current religiouns/spiritual people often decided to live as hermits on their own and presumably within their own spiritual bubble. We also had a huge number of people who chose to devote their lives to a monastic type of life-style. Today we do have (in the UK) the 'Church' types who all do mix socially with only like-minded people.

We seem to be divided (very roughly) into three types:

those who live straight for the day only and all the stuff that brings into their lives. They deal with it but don't have time to make for deeper thinking on a spiritual path.

Those who live in the world and try to bring in their spiritual lives - with or without others and keeping a low profile on the spiritual.

Those - the Churchy types etc.

Currently we have few hermits even in modern apartments unless they are attached to their computers all lthe time.

I can imagine living as a hermit up on some beautiful mountain just existing with pure spiritual understanding would be beautiful.

I have and would have a very hard time adapting to life without a family though. (as in wife and children, not the whole crew)

However doesn't enlightenment come with ridding yourself of the need for love/possession of others?

I don't really believe in that notion. I'm learning that Love is a really complex emotion.

Like mabye a lot of the time, love is really selfishness, hate, and fear all mixed up....

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
A paradox about understanding things on a higher level going on beyond duality creating new duality between those who get it and those who do not. It is not unusual or uncommon.

The more you think for yourself and understand the less you have in common with those who do not and use extrovert energy as a validation of what they are and what is right. Introverts are hard to manipulate since there is no real need for external validation, so being part of the herd and believing what the herd believes just because they are many is not a good enough reason.

The lack of being unable to talk about the spiritual experience to not cause problem creates another duality separation since the herd are not ready to receive the information and want to live under the illusion that they are equally spiritually advanced as everybody else.

The solution from my point of view is either to wait for the herd to evolve or leave the herd for a new more spiritual herd.

This really summarizes many different realizations for me.

For the most part when I read this I'm applying it to my work atmosphere (small local business, 6 of us employees, and three managers) A place where 80% of us seem to dwell in negative energy. No lack of complaints, materialism, propaganda regurgitation, rudeness, I could go n for awhile.

I need to get stronger and wiser though because I am constantly catching myself dwelling on something someone said or did. To the point where it takes me from being in the moment to living in the past or future, and it causes me a wide spectrum of anxiety..

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Being antisocial is only a problem from society's point of view, which is BS in the first place (as you seem to have noticed).

So don't worry about it. I think being antisocial is a good thing. More people should be antisocial.

This society doesn't have much to defend, in my opinion. Our society is defined by its incessant and ubiquitous materialism, greed, and coercion.

What's wrong with being anti-that?

Thank you!

Sometimes I reallly wish more people would be more antisocial.

People will impose their boring conversation on you, and then will get offended if you are not interested, and then! Get defensive if you dare have and opinion of your own that differs from theirs! Ahh!

I love your last sentence here too.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I am practically a hermit. I don't like this society and where it's going. The less I have to do with it, the better. I don't really like people that much. The things they talk about are negative and/or irrelevant.

I have become comfortable in my "bubble". I stay in touch with the world through the internet and a little TV, but it's easy to turn it off when I start feeling like it's affecting me in a negative way.

I don't see that it's a problem.

Me either

ATS is quite literally my one news source. Whether that's bad or not, (I think not) it is what it is.

I find my peace in nature, or on a board.....Too bad I'm enslaved by society, otherwise I would enjoy those things more..
edit on 25-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

But I'm supposed to love everybody?

yes...

You're supposed to try...

And I used to believe that......now I think love, and it's less popular counterpart are both important tools to be used at the right times.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

"Loving everybody" is impossible. There are personality clashes, differences in political ideology, general life philosophies and unique mindsets forged by differing experiences. (Plus, some people are just really jerks or energy vampires, and it's not possible to love them without in-turn harming yourself.)

There are many like you and you have no reason to feel bad about wanting to withdraw socially from others that drain your positivity.

This was very refreshing to read, thanks

"energy vampire" is a term I'm very familiar with, and is exactly what I'm talking about in the OP.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
You should get out more. There is much of the world to see that is not only relevant and beautiful, but there are people to experience it with. I was becoming like you for a while, then I started going to concerts and seeing live music. Since then, I've developed a newfound love for the outdoors and have severely restricted my dependence on television, the internet, and other useless wastes of time (I still like video games though, guess we can't kill all of our vices). I've lost weight. Become more tolerant of others' opinions. Life is so much more enjoyable if you stop letting the little things bother you.

I couldn't agree with you more about getting out and experiencing life with good people. That's where real peace fun and magic can happen.

It's the day to day routine life that gets a bit slow, and that's when I would prefer to be left alone for the most part.

As for your last sentence, That is a challenge for me, and when I can finally master that, I will be much closer to inner peace.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
If it's true that our feelings belong to us and we're in control of the emotions we allow ourselves to feel, the question would be why are you allowing yourself to feel negative emotions because of the nature of other people?
I walk away from negativity whenever possible; if not, I imagine an invisible blue wall between me and the people around me. It has helped me when forced to work with negative people.

Bringing laughter to the conversation can help immensely. You'd be surprised at how much power you actually have to change the atmosphere from negative to positive, and how people will eventually begin to seek it out with you!

There are always going to be the hard-core negative people who don't want to change, but it's been my experience that most people would welcome an avenue to a happier outlook. Maybe you could do an experiment in guiding the group there?
I have seen even the most determined nay-sayer laugh at them self and look for the 'silver lining', but it took a LONG time!

Thanks for the good advice.

I don't know why I let the nature of other people effect me so much! I try to walk away, and I do a really good job, but the negativity is unavoidable. Maybe I should try the blue wall thing.....I'm trying to figure this out, and I understand it's not healthy or necessary to worry about what others think.

Also I have practiced bringing positivity, and it worked. But I can't just be mr. Happy go lucky Positive man all the time just so everyone else is happy. It's exhausting and takes energy away from me that I could be giving my family. People need to find their own peace and not rely on others.

And I need to learn to find inner peace and get out of this mindset of irritability I guess.

edit on 25-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

One should love one's neighbor yes. But one should be sad for them instead of letting one be annoyed, for the evil that makes them do what they do and be what they are is a haze of illusion and forgetfulness.

God bless.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

And I need to learn to find inner peace and get out of this mindset of irritability I guess.

If you believe you can succeed in changing, you will. Trust.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I've been feeling the same way too since I started getting more in touch with the spirit/mysticism. Disoriented, a feeling of just existing but for what purpose? I could chalk it up to my current mental states, but it's just so strange how I feel at times and don't know how to cope

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Surely I tell you your consciousness if just going through a shift, thousands of people are experiencing this right now and many others have already passed that phase long ago. Trust your brothers and sisters when they tell you in due time all will be understood and the disorientation will diminish into pristine crystal clear perception. It brightens my heart to see so many people going through what I did many years ago, it's reassuring that we will be going home in this generation.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I am becoming increasingly anti social......I attribute this to my feeling more introverted as I strive to understand my true origin and spirit.

I am getting very tired of other people and their opinions, and them trying to impose their negative energy on me.

At the end of my day I want nothing to do with anybody else unless they have something really valuable to say.

But I'm supposed to love everybody?

It may be a stage you are currently at in your process, you will hit your stride.
Try not to think of perfection with/in your process from a textbook standpoint, you'll drive yourself mad.

Perhaps think perfection from the viewpoint of you, once you're at a certain point in your process (it's different for every individual) others who currently are seen as anything less than part of your process will come into this light and view as your process furthers.

It shouldn't be permanent, but could be of some duration. Since you're truly attempting to understand your true origin and spirit, once you learn yours, all others will come sharply and unexpectedly into view. This will happen, in the blink of an eye, the flash of a moment.

Keep on your journey and don't let the cloud of others doubts or negativity affect your path.

Be well.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

And it's neat that you mention this nugget,

There are always going to be the hard-core negative people who don't want to change, but it's been my experience that most people would welcome an avenue to a happier outlook. Maybe you could do an experiment in guiding the group there?

I've witnessed one of these dudes, since hanging with me, start listening to reggae music, (all my favorite stuff) and become insanely GMO aware (like myself) also they started snowboarding a lot harder, and a few other changes that I can only conclude manifested after my influence.

And that is cool! One morning I was heading to work and I told myself "today, I will practice compassion no matter how everyone else is acting" and it worked, I went in with a positive bubble and it expanded........mabye I should just keep that going.....

I am not socializing after work though! That's what they don't get, you would think after being around me for nine hours you would want a break, that's how I am, but nope, let's just hang out forever and encroach on my personal life........sigh.......sorry I've totally rambled, it's six in the morning and I might need to finish this coffee.....

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Something I forgot to add...
Very important...
A revelation I had that I was going to make a thread about but if anyone should hear it first it's people like you Shred at this stage of your journey...

Love & Hate are connected and your feelings towards people are natural...
So Love & Hate as much as you like!!!
Love thy neighbour... Hate the child abusers etc... Perfectly natural!!!

The Prophetic Revelation
Never judge another... Even if you hate their guts...
That is our Creators job...
Doesn't sound Prophetic I know...it's been said multiple times!!!

The reason is the Prophecy that was shared to me...
& come Judgement Day, those we have judged, we will return to this Plane to live their life for attempting to judge!!!

Homophobes will return to this Plane to live a life as a homosexual...
Islamaphobes will return as Muslims...
Anti-Semites will return as Jews...
Anti-Christians will return as followers of Christ...
Those who judge Atheists will return as a non-believer...
Misogynists will return to feel the plight of Women...
And so on...I could go on forever!!!

I thought there might be a loophole where we could all judge the Multi-Billionaire's

& return as an offspring of a wealthy Rothschild

But I need to search deeper within to find where judging them leads!!!
It's probably not toward a life of a Multi-Billionaire!!!

Back to the main point...
We are all the Grand Creators Children... No matter our preference or design, we should be tolerant even if disdainful...
The ultimate balance!!!

How I came to this Revelation will remain a secret...
The Revelation itself probably should have remained a secret...
But alas I will be judged when I cross over...

Hope this makes sense to all who read it, I doubt I'll be making a thread about it, but this thread deserves to know for their Spiritual journey!!!

Peace Shred!!!
edit on 26-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

edit on 26-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Elaboration!!!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this here.

This part is especially awesome to contemplate,

Homophobes will return to this Plane to live a life as a homosexual... Islamaphobes will return as Muslims... Anti-Semites will return as Jews... Anti-Christians will return as followers of Christ... Those who judge Atheists will return as a non-believer... Misogynists will return to feel the plight of Women... And so on...I could go on forever!!!

I bet if you judge the billionaires you just come back as a reptile or something

Oh ya, and If you still make the thread brother! It'll be good
edit on 26-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this here.

Not a problem pal, always happy to give our two cents to others on the journey!!!

This part is especially awesome to contemplate,

We've come to recognise a chill down the Spine as a Revelation...
Some sort of signal from the Brain to the Spinal Column(the special one who has always had our back)!!!
& I certainly received a chill with this one!!!

I bet if you judge the billionaires you just come back as a reptile or something

David Icke is in for a shock

Oh ya, and If you still make the thread brother! It'll be good

Thanks for the kind words pal...
We'll see how it goes, I kind of broke the Pact I have with the Spirits who shared the info...
I don't usually divert their journey by revealing things so soon, hopefully they give the green light on this occasion!!!

Peace Shred!!!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread in response to someone asking about the 3rd eye and I feel that some of you will be able to take something useful from this response, even if you aren't aware of the 3rd eye there is other important information in it.

I'll explain this the best that I can from what I have learned in my 14 years of experience in meditation practice.

The 3rd eye is the window to the Soul, the Soul is the window to the Spirit and the Spirit is the window to the Creator. When someone uses their 3rd eye power they are actually doing their self a great deal of harm because the fundamental factor in this physical reality is to not give in to temptation. Everything of the flesh withers and dies, everything of this reality withers and dies. If one were to cling to any of the experiences in this reality, and yes, even out of body experiences and astral projections are experiences of this reality, that person inevitably has (from Buddhas and Jesus' messages) not graduated this realm and undoubtedly will remain shackled to some aspect of this reality and will find themselves reincarnating once again with their memory wiped, starting from square one and suffering all over again.

The 3rd eyes foundation is in displaying visions that the Soul casts to your Spirit Consciousness in order to test it's conviction, it's mettle. If someone were to give in to the desire/temptation of using such a power they will inevitably see demons and other beings that are experiencing different levels of suffering in this dimension, different overtones and undertones of material manifestation.

I truly tell you and everyone else who reads this if you wish to leave this realm, if you wish to reach what Jesus called Heaven you cannot desire anything of this realm, both externally and internally. We must all learn to let go of wanting anything this flesh offers us. We must stop giving in to the fancy that we can view the true Living World in which Jesus came from, not a single being in this entire existence but Jesus has actually stepped foot into that realm and came back here, that's how big his sacrifice was. You will get egotistical spiritual people who will say otherwise but I honestly tell you they have no idea what's in store for them. They will be reduced to an undertone in their next reincarnation in this realm.

Do any of you want this for yourself? Do you really want to risk throwing away your chance to live in the Mental Realm of pure manifestation and bliss with Jesus and all the great masters and never return to this dense realm of temptation and suffering?

We are here to learn a lesson, that lesson is to Let Go of Desire, that lesson is to stop trying to take power from our Father, our Creator by ignorantly believing we can even grasp his splendor. We were sent here in time out for disobeying our true Father, we have to stop fighting it and accept that we must sit through this 80 or so years of experiences so our Spirit becomes disciplined enough, pure enough to return to the Other World where nothing perishes.

Please hear my words each and every one of you, I ask nothing but for you to observe your own daily life, observe the World, observe how everything is a temptation to all, from the microbes to the largest solar bodies, everything is tempting each other and even the Sun must learn to let go. This can be observed, you do not have to take my word for it but you may experience through your own observation and discernment. Everyone can be saved.

Thank you.

Eric

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join