It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wifi and its Effects

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: griswold

Though Phage got there first, if you read how that experiment was conducted, the amount of actual scientific control and general practice was very poor. Almost to the level of introducing other elements into the test in order to get a result they wanted.

Bad science

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Let's hope the lesson they were teaching was on the perils of poorly controlled experiments.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Before blaming Wifi for our ills, we must take into account the vast amounts of EM and RF energy we are already being bombarded with every day.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: griswold

The conditions in the two rooms were identical? Same temperature and humidity? Same light levels? The only difference was the routers?

What ever that school is teaching, it isn't science.

Bingo.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

That has nothing to do with WiFi signals.

It's more likely the change in oxygen levels. Nice clean air in Alaska will get you an extra dose of oxygen, make you relaxed and feeling good. Back in civilization you start to breathe in all the pollution, and it ruins your health and well being. I need not name the poisonous gases in the air.

Bingo, we have a winner. if you guys are so worried about Wifi signals then you would sh*t yourself if you knew what else what penetrating your body 24 hours a day every day. Fortunately, they are all safe...not that you nervous wrecks would belive that

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its not just that.
look at Forest Bathing Increases Immunity
it is healthy to wallk in the country side.
and Not in the city.
we evolved in nature.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Has anyone noticed that when you are out in the open where there is no wifi, you have a general sense of well being and feel lighter and better.

Has anyone noticed that when you are out in the open, there's still lots of radio signals? That "general sense of well being" is an intensely subjective thing that can't be quantified and is subject to endless causes? Maybe you like the woods. Or being out of town, or who knows what.

"happy feelings" = "no wifi" has to be right up there with the vaguest confirmation bias/false association topics I've read lately.

I personally don't like Kern County but I don't think it's emitting Kern-ons that are making me feel bad, I just don't like scruffy desert areas.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
How can you tell? I live in the country and still can't escape it.

I would not be surprised if wifi was not healthy or quite as unobtrusive as we have been led to believe. The cancer rates could quintuple in the next 15 years simply because of wifi and they would still tell us it's perfectly ok. Who knows?

Or, we've been around any number of man-made radio signals since the early 1900's, and life expectancy has about doubled. Maybe radio waves make you healthier.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What your feeling is just the complete and total awesomeness of my state.

I know this is a necro thread, but while Alaska is way beautiful, all I remember is Ft Wainwright.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Agressor F-16's

They're supposedly getting two F-35 squadrons

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Agressor F-16's

They're supposedly getting two F-35 squadrons

All I remember is freezing to death. And being hungry. And cold. And tired.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ugh.
Lol go thru the necro thread and readn the responses

edit on 23-4-2015 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I like the idea of an evolved instinct in regards to wide open spaces.... I experience something like that, and it is why I live on top of a mountain where I can see really far in any direction. I am aware that I feel more relaxed knowing I see anyone coming long before they arrive.

But I know someone personally that has a reverse reaction- I have a sister in law that cannot stand being in nature, is filled with anxiety (and has only been to our place once, and refuses to ever come back). Now that I think about it, my mother in law is the same- feels safer in the middle of a big city.

But I see how prey animals like horses, sheep, goats, are much more serene if they are in a wide open space and can see far.
Maybe some people relate better to their predator based instincts?

I know that it is the current trend to deny any negative effect of things like electromagnetic fields and wifi.
Many years ago, we used to keep our computer in our bedroom, and I had terrible dreams, slept badly, had migraines. When we moved, and moved the computer out of the bedroom, it stopped.

I tend to be more suspicious EM fields than wifi...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have a sister in law that cannot stand being in nature, is filled with anxiety (and has only been to our place once, and refuses to ever come back). Now that I think about it, my mother in law is the same- feels safer in the middle of a big city.

Heh. I had a lot of fun in basic with NYC guys in the woods around Columbus/Phenix City.

It's not like you're even in real woods. You can see the lights of the city and hear the highway traffic, so all you'd have to do is listen or look and go that way until you hit a road.

But most of them were convinced that some horrible rural death was upon them.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My mother in law refuses to spend the night here after having done so once. There are too many stars and too much silence. She calls that terrifying.

Shows how we are drawn to that which is familiar.

Whether or not strong em fields or wifi are dangerous to health , maybe the next pop issue will be addiction to them! (And whether such addiction, or preference for what we are familiar with might influence our view on its possible effects)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
sorry sooo many people dont believe you. Actually i wrote an article on how wifi signals are just below the power of your microwave "except for the fact that your microwave has a case which protects you from its waves. where as wifi roams free pentrating through walls and you. 2.4 GHz UHF and 5 GHz SHF radio waves are wifi. Microwaves used for cooking, on the other hand, are electromagnetic waves possessing frequencies around the 2.45 GHz range lol

Sorry, total bollocks.

You're, for some reason, equating frequency with power. Yes, WiFi is 2.5Ghz and yes, a Microwave oven is around 2.45Ghz. But why do you assume that Wifi is "just under the power" of a Microwave oven?

EDIT: To elaborate, a microwave oven has it's power, typically, measured between 750W and 1000W (W = Watts) (sometimes more, if it's a beasty), whereas a typical WiFi router will have a power output of around 100 to 200 mW - or to relate to the Microwave oven, 0.1 to 0.2 Watts, which is 7,500 to 10,000 times weaker than the power of a microwave oven
edit on 23/4/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: arcnaver
Before blaming Wifi for our ills, we must take into account the vast amounts of EM and RF energy we are already being bombarded with every day.
#

Not to mention that we have evolved with over millions of years....

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Its not WIFI it is your mindset . When i travel back to the country i swear my body relaxes when i see the the last set of traffic lights in the rear view mirror . Trees that are natives , no one running a red light and hitting me , the promise of lots of seafood . No noise pollution , being able to see the stars at night , fresh air . The smell of the grass and flowers , the wildlife ,the herbicides and pesticides they use to kill that grass , the fact a kangaroo can jump out and write my car off . The fact that if you dont hit a kangaroo you will most likely hit a wombat . The fact that if you do hit something a nice person driving an old landcruiser will be along soon to give you a lift . The fact that this nice person is not on the police radar yet . The fact that if you dont get a lift you might step on a tiger snake , or get bitten by that spider under your bonnet . The fact if you make it without any troubles and get to a beach you will get eaten by a white pointer , or step on a stone fish , or get bitten by a blue ringed octopus or even swim into a box jellyfish . The fact that if you dont like the ocean you can walk on the beach and collect shells , as long as a cone shell doesnt kill you . The fact that if you decide to go "bush" and make a wrong turn , we will find you . In 10 or 15 years .
Where was i , umm definitely not the wifi .
edit on 23-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
All I know is it pisses me off to get out in the boon docks and not have wi-fi. The single only good thing about living in today's times is the internet. And of course a hundred other things like ice, AC, Heat, nice cars that are impossible to work on and such. You know what I mean? LOL!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Has anyone noticed that when you are out in the open where there is no wifi, you have a general sense of well being and feel lighter and better. Then for being in this open space for couple of hours, you drive to a place heavily infested with wifi, you start feeling heavy, lethargic, bloated and get flatulence.
What do you think of the wifi and maybe something else mixed with the wifi?

Hey Bro, I apologize for not reading any of the replies > I am only replying to your OP. If you are feeling as you described in your post then what is happening is that you are beginning to become Electro-Sensitive. Some people are born this way, but the vast majority of "ES" or "EHS" (Electro-hypersensitive) become that way from chronic OR acute over-exposure.

Non-ionizing radiation (or RF ENERGY) is not categorized by the WHO as a class 2B 'possible carcinogen'.

Worldwide there is a growing community of EHS people - it is now estimated to be higher than 15% or the population and growing fast for obvious reasons.

I have been studying this topic now for 5 years... I got into it because of problems my GF has, but then began to notice my own symptoms. We got rid of all of our wifi and I only rarely use it when necessary. I also got rid of my mobile phone. I own 2 electro-smog meters and have begun to understand the electromagnetic fields that we live in.

The problem however is that BIG TELECOM is making enormous amounts of money Worldwide, from wireless but as can be expected, they never tested it for safety. They claim to have tested it, but they only tested for THERMAL EFFECTS, not BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS. Governments are in on the scam... typical Govt safety standards will only protect you against Thermal effects (like burning your skin etc) but the skyrocketing numbers of EHS people worldwide is a strong testiment to the Biologically Unhealthy nature of the exposure to RF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join