It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wifi and its Effects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
I here thought being out in the open with nature equates to being healthy is a common sense.

Things you learn everyday.
I wasn't talking about out in the open in wilderness in touch with nature. I was saying about being more like in a type of, huge parking lot, in the middle of a town/city, late at night with only a few parked cars there.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If mobile "cell" phones cause brain-cancer shouldn't there have been a exponential rise in the incidence of brain-cancer over the last twenty years corresponding with increased usage of such devices ? ...

cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/brain/incidence/uk-brain-and-central-nervous-system-cancer-incidence-statistics#Trends

(post by theMediator removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wifi might have an effect, but if it does, it is likely that it is just one of many different signals which are affecting us.

The actual research on this topic is out there, but its not particularly satisfactory. Electromagnetic hypersensitivity is routinely rejected to be part of the imagination or just due to other environmental factors. But, that could also be because if it were true.. then it would be a very difficult situation to handle (to say the least). Whether or not wifi would fit into all of this is hard to say. I suspect that all of the em signals around us are likely to have some sort of effect on our physiology.

Even so, regardless of whether or not these things have an impact on us, we dont necessarily have options that can replace them.

Here is an interesting article about it.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

We have WiFi and 4G LTE up here. In fact Alaskans have more computers per house hold than just about any place in the USA.

What your feeling is just the complete and total awesomeness of my state.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

We have WiFi and 4G LTE up here. In fact Alaskans have more computers per house hold than just about any place in the USA.

Lol I would agree ALASKA is beautiful ..

But I am talking about being out at sea

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is some good info on the subject :
www.activistpost.com...
www.cellphonetaskforce.org...
I have mixed feelings on the subject but find it interesting some countries have banned wifi in grade schools. I just recently moved into a h0me with wifi for the first time and while I have not noticed any specific health issues, I have begun hearing in my head what sounds subtly like a swarm of cicadas late at night in the silence. I have been online late at night in the quiet for many years with non-wifi and never heard/felt this. The sound isn't really bothersome but it is noticeable and does make me wonder.

The studies/sites resourced above seem to weigh heavy on the potential harm of wifi exposure.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
sorry sooo many people dont believe you. Actually i wrote an article on how wifi signals are just below the power of your microwave "except for the fact that your microwave has a case which protects you from its waves. where as wifi roams free pentrating through walls and you. 2.4 GHz UHF and 5 GHz SHF radio waves are wifi. Microwaves used for cooking, on the other hand, are electromagnetic waves possessing frequencies around the 2.45 GHz range lol

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
sorry sooo many people dont believe you. Actually i wrote an article on how wifi signals are just below the power of your microwave "except for the fact that your microwave has a case which protects you from its waves. where as wifi roams free pentrating through walls and you. 2.4 GHz UHF and 5 GHz SHF radio waves are wifi. Microwaves used for cooking, on the other hand, are electromagnetic waves possessing frequencies around the 2.45 GHz range lol

edit on 23-5-2014 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

a side note is global warming might be caused by wifi radiation which isnt talked about just think of all the frequencies being broadcast on earth in homes, tv providers, gps, radio stations ect
edit on 23-5-2014 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Has anyone noticed that when you are out in the open where there is no wifi, you have a general sense of well being and feel lighter and better. Then for being in this open space for couple of hours, you drive to a place heavily infested with wifi, you start feeling heavy, lethargic, bloated and get flatulence.
What do you think of the wifi and maybe something else mixed with the wifi?

I think it's just the general 'nobody is around' notion, no buzz, hummm...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I worked in network facilities for 15 years...I specifically remember Germans doing a study and determining that the signals inside network sites were disruptive to the brain and/or nervous system...Also a side note, most of the people that traveled and worked in these facilities wether it be site surveys, installing, provisioning or testing the equipment, they were a little "out there"...just a distinctively different group of people,and yes, including myself..
edit on 23-5-2014 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Actually i wrote an article on how wifi signals are just below the power of your microwave

Maybe you should rewrite that article. Example reason:

The power of the radiation emitted by the microwave oven is on the order of 500-2000 Watts, and that radiation is focussed within a 1-2 cubic foot space inside the oven. WiFi routers emit less than 1 Watt of energy (and regulations in Canada prohibit any router to emit more than 4 Watts), and that energy is dissipated in all directions.
www.atomsandnumbers.com...

Also, it might not be a bad idea to learn a little more about the subject before that rewrite. Of course it's possible you already know plenty about it but just didn't write exactly what you meant, I suppose.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: speculativeoptimist
... I have begun hearing in my head what sounds subtly like a swarm of cicadas late at night in the silence.

Tinnitus can sound like cicadas.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I've heard of electromagnetic hypersensitivity and I thought it was worth mentioning Green Bank, WV. This small mountain town bans all electromagnetic signals because it resides inside the US National Quiet Zone. This article was posted about a year ago, but it is worth noting that the people mentioned within it who believe they are affected by this disorder have reported positive effects from living there.

a reply to: Serdgiam

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DecoyTroy
Green Bank, WV. This small mountain town bans all electromagnetic signals ...

Is there a giant Faraday cage over the town to block the radio waves from space , e.g. from the Sun and other stars ?

If not then they are deluding themselves that they are not exposed to radio waves.

If a person [mistakenly] believes radio/TV/phone antennae are dangerous , then seeing these devices makes them anxious, and that anxiety makes them unwell , but the radio/TV/phone apparatus is not making them unwell directly.
edit on 25-5-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
No, there is not. The US National Quiet Zone was not set up as an escape for people with electromagnetic hypersensivity. It was established to minimize the interference from other electromagnetic wavelengths on the National Radio Astronomy Observatory there in Green Bank, WV. Good question and great facts to back it up.

a reply to: engvbany

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Nice mystic,

2nd that....

edit on 25-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Before WiFi and even computers, we have the EM effects of...are you ready...?

Starter motors, ignition sparks, car CB's, and my favorite..EM fields created by rotating steel belted radial tires.

All of our streets and highways are saturated with these EM fields. Off road we have the EM fields caused by the power grids, transmission towers, cell towers and unshielded telephone wires.

Inside the home we have PC's, microwave ovens, CFL lightbulbs. plasma or HiDef TV's, etc.

And we take laptops and smartphones everywhere we go.

We are living in an ocean of EM fields.

For what purpose? A perfect matrix for bluebeam technology that is closer to the ground?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Student science experiment finds plants won't grow near Wi-Fi router

i just hope i wont lose more hair with increasing number of radiation around me : (

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: griswold

The conditions in the two rooms were identical? Same temperature and humidity? Same light levels? The only difference was the routers?

What ever that school is teaching, it isn't science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join