It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wifi and its Effects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that when you are out in the open where there is no wifi, you have a general sense of well being and feel lighter and better. Then for being in this open space for couple of hours, you drive to a place heavily infested with wifi, you start feeling heavy, lethargic, bloated and get flatulence.
What do you think of the wifi and maybe something else mixed with the wifi?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How can you tell? I live in the country and still can't escape it.

I would not be surprised if wifi was not healthy or quite as unobtrusive as we have been led to believe. The cancer rates could quintuple in the next 15 years simply because of wifi and they would still tell us it's perfectly ok. Who knows?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I know that this is your own opinion, but since this is in the science and technology section of the forum, shouldn't there be some source material such as a study or an article? I'm just playing the devil's advocate here but, shouldn't this be placed into general chit chat or another like forum?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It isn't only the Wifi. It is also all the endocrine disrupting chemicals in the house. They are in everything. I have been trying to rid the house of this stuff, but it is almost impossible. If you contemplate about this stuff, it almost seems that we are getting sabotaged.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The drop off from a wifi signal is must quicker than a mobile phone. If anything, I suspect phones are much more dangerous.

The OP is hard to test for me though. I generally enjoy when I leave the city / civilization, but I associate this with buildings and car fumes more than wifi.

+13 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There's a deeply ingrained desire in the human psyche to allow the eyes to relax and focus on the distance. This is a result of our evolutionary roots on the savannah when the ability to see great distances allowed us to see prey as well as predators before they saw us.

Seeing far means safety. Being boxed in, not so much. Death lurks around corners.
edit on 5/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
There's a deeply ingrained desire in the human psyche to allow the eyes to relax and focus on the distance. This is a result of our evolutionary roots on the savannah when the ability to see great distances allowed us to see prey as well as predators before they saw us.

Seeing far means safety. Being boxed in, not so much. Death lurks around corners.

Phage i respect your opnion here , however i have to disagree ..

I experence this feeling every time i go to Alaska for the fishing season. I notice the change in my body ,mind, dreams ..about two weeks after i get on the ocean . It always seems to hit when i am on the back end of the golf of Alaska . dreams become more vivid , my body seems to become more in tune with "mother nature" , I feel almost "free" in every way ... Likewise my shipmate's get the same sensation and feeling.

However as soon as I return to "civilization" I start to feel "slumpy" I end up being depressed for two or weeks after I get back..
Its strange because for one, I hate being on the ocean, but love Alaska . two, I miss my family while I am gone and can't wait to get back.three , I have lots of money to to spend (not to boast) when I get back.. But yet I remain in the state the Op describe..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

That has nothing to do with WiFi signals.

It's more likely the change in oxygen levels. Nice clean air in Alaska will get you an extra dose of oxygen, make you relaxed and feeling good. Back in civilization you start to breathe in all the pollution, and it ruins your health and well being. I need not name the poisonous gases in the air.
edit on 22-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
How can you tell? I live in the country and still can't escape it.

I would not be surprised if wifi was not healthy or quite as unobtrusive as we have been led to believe. The cancer rates could quintuple in the next 15 years simply because of wifi and they would still tell us it's perfectly ok. Who knows?
I can tell as, I have been noticing this for quite sometime now.
Now if wifi and something mixed with it can cause cancers and stuff, then I will have to go out on a limb and say that, this is the pestilence as foretold in The Bible.
BTW All, thanks for all the replies in advance.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

I experence this feeling every time i go to Alaska for the fishing season. I notice the change in my body ,mind, dreams ..about two weeks after i get on the ocean . It always seems to hit when i am on the back end of the golf of Alaska . dreams become more vivid , my body seems to become more in tune with "mother nature" , I feel almost "free" in every way ... Likewise my shipmate's get the same sensation and feeling.

However as soon as I return to "civilization" I start to feel "slumpy" I end up being depressed for two or weeks after I get back..
Its strange because for one, I hate being on the ocean, but love Alaska . two, I miss my family while I am gone and can't wait to get back.three , I have lots of money to to spend (not to boast) when I get back.. But yet I remain in the state the Op describe..

He just said being out in open nature is good for you/your soul. Then you claim to disagree with your major point being that you feel better when out and about in Alaska. How does what you said dispute anything he said?

Then you say that when you return to crazy modern life, you feel bad again. And you are concluding this is about WiFi more than the total set of crap that comes with the modern rat race. Jump to conclusions much?

Maybe it's your wife's cooking, maybe it's your cats' farts poisoning your mind. Why WiFi?! You guys, I swear...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkumaStreak

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

He just said being out in open nature is good for you/your soul. Then you claim to disagree with your major point being that you feel better when out and about in Alaska. How does what you said dispute anything he said?

Then you say that when you return to crazy modern life, you feel bad again. And you are concluding this is about WiFi more than the total set of crap that comes with the modern rat race. Jump to conclusions much?

Maybe it's your wife's cooking, maybe it's your cats' farts poisoning your mind. Why WiFi?! You guys, I swear...

Speaking of jumping to conclusion ??

Phage was on about the horizon and natural roots & evolution

I said to him " I respect your opinion but I disagree" never once did I say anything about "WiFi" nor was I addressing it ?

Or refuting it. I was giving my opnion/account of what "I " have personally experience. I was not addressing the OP I was addressing PHAGE.

Hopeing maybe he could reply with an explanation because I value his knowledge .

How you come up with all this other trash talk is beyond me .

But your entitled to your own opinion but I don't respect it At all.

ETA: Please point out where PHAGE said " nature is good for you"?

edit on 059121231559512rd by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

That has nothing to do with WiFi signals.

It's more likely the change in oxygen levels. Nice clean air in Alaska will get you an extra dose of oxygen, make you relaxed and feeling good. Back in civilization you start to breathe in all the pollution, and it ruins your health and well being. I need not name the poisonous gases in the air.

Yes , i am willing to entertain the idea . my reply was directed at PHAGE i was hopeing for a solid explanation or theory from him as to "why" we fishermen experience this . I didn't say anything about it "having to do with WiFi" because I don't know.
I feel maybe allot of it has to do what you described and raideo waves ,cell phones, and who knows what els .

Maybe I should have been more discriptiv . for give my error .

Humbly

lsh
edit on 0091013150951rd by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

my reply was directed at PHAGE i was hopeing for a solid explanation or theory from him as to "why" we fishermen experience this .

As a fisherman myself, I feel very at ease on the water (when it's in an amiable mood). I grew up in, on, and around it.
But for some, being on the water is not the same. In any case, the OP did not seem to be talking about being at sea.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

my reply was directed at PHAGE i was hopeing for a solid explanation or theory from him as to "why" we fishermen experience this .

As a fisherman myself, I feel very at ease on the water (when it's in an amiable mood). I grew up in, on, and around it.
But for some, being on the water is not the same. In any case, the OP did not seem to be talking about being at sea.

Indeed , when OP said "out in the open" that registered as "out in the open seas " lol ...

I was just giving my experience as I have experienced similar feelings " out in the open seas "

In any case thanks for the reply phage ..

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Reminds me of this cell tower:

iBurst CEO Jannie van Zyl said that no medical proof regarding the ailments was presented by any resident to date, but notwithstanding this absence of medical proof iBurst agreed to meet with the Craigavon residents to address their concerns.

“At this meeting the residents were informed that the radiation levels emitted by the tower were ten thousand times LESS than the international safety standards set for mobile towers and that the radiation at this site was in fact the same level as that already present from cellular phone towers in the area,” said Van Zyl. “In other words the iBurst tower did not increase the radiation in the area significantly above the level already present for a long time.”

Craigavon Task Force members remained unimpressed, and according to Van Zyl the residents reiterated their viewpoint that their ongoing health problems were caused by the tower. “At the meeting on the 16th of November 2009 a number of residents and their staff confirmed that they were still experiencing symptoms such as rashes, headaches and the like and that these symptoms disappear when they leave the vicinity of the tower.”

According to Van Zyl residents quoted periods of hours, or at most, two days to see an improvement in the symptoms experienced. “One lady who showed us a rash claimed that when she goes home for the weekend, the rash disappears. Another said headaches disappear when she goes home at night,” said Van Zyl.

But wait, there's more:

At the meeting Van Zyl agreed to turn off the tower with immediate effect to assess whether the health problems described by some of the residents subsided. What Craigavon residents were unaware of is that the tower had already been switched off in early October – six weeks before the November meeting where residents confirmed the continued ailments they experienced.

MyBroadband was furnished with technical reports which confirmed that the Fourways Memorial Park iBurst tower was turned off in early October and that it did not provide any services over the next few weeks.

Van Zyl argues that this clearly proves that the iBurst tower could not be the cause of the health symptoms described by some of the residents. Van Zyl reiterated that residents said that the symptoms typically subsided in hours or days after leaving the Craigavon area, and since it still prevailed in mid-November it means that it could not have been related to the iBurst tower radiation.

“At the meeting in mid-November residents claimed that full recovery of skin conditions could take as long as 6 weeks. Yet, the tower was switched off for more than 6 weeks by this time,” said Van Zyl. “At this point it became apparent that the tower can, in no way, be the cause of the symptoms, as it was already switched off for many weeks, yet the residents still saw symptoms that come and go according to their proximity to the area.”

Van Zyl added that “whatever caused their symptoms, it was now a fact that it could not be attributed to the iBurst tower and the tower was switched back on in the 2nd week of December.” The iBurst CEO added that residents failed to show up for subsequent meetings scheduled for the 30th of November and the 2nd of December.

Non-specific effect a could very well be placebo or something unrelated to wifi.

Every double blind study on wifi sensitivity has show it to be psychosomatic.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

I haven't noticed what you are describing.

At work I sit within range of 20+ Wi-Fi access points, 100+ mobile phones, at least 5 UHF transmitters, 50+ Bluetooth devices.

I imagine that I have an RF energy absorbing force field around me. I've had success with that.
After that and a cup of coffee I feel light as a feather.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I here thought being out in the open with nature equates to being healthy is a common sense.

Things you learn everyday.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
One thing I can assure you is that some wifi appliances gives me brain tingling and if I get to close, I get dizzy and feel burning sensations in my head. But this experience is quite seldom and most wifi, thankfully, doesn`t give me those effects.

Cell phones, however...I can`t even talk with my cell phone on my ear without feeling a disturbing brain heating sensation. After one minute, my thoughts get cloudy and I feel muddy, dizzy. I have no choice to use the speaker phone. Once the phone is 3-4 feet from me, I don`t get any of those feelings. When not in call, my cell phone doesn`t give me any side effects.

I am quite a sensible person, most people probably don`t feel those side effects but who knows how their bodies are responding? We are definitively installing those nefarious devices everywhere in about everything, even when it`s borderline useless without fully knowing it`s health hazards.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Couldn't have said it any better myself Phage, Stars mate. And further more, since this is a science forum, there's a ton of evidence out there supporting the opposite of the OP, that there is no direct correlation between WiFi signal and any adverse side-effects on humans.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Have you ever asked your self this:

Is it the Wi-Fi making your brain tingle, or your brain's ill-conceived understanding of Wi-Fi that's making your brain tingle? Rather than reading into what you'd subconsciously like to be true about Wi-Fi, via propaganda, I'd suggest reading some scientific studies about it then re-evaluating your thoughts/feelings on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join