It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I asked a man from Japan how he felt about Fukishima, and his country's sinking landscape.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just joined up with this volunteer organization in order to keep myself busy and help out with something until i find another job, or get back to school, or whatever happens with this economy (which looks pretty ominous).

I took a job at a community center in queens where we cooked food with teens, and part if our volunteer group was a guy form Japan. He was telling another volunteer who just returned from a visit to his country about the culture, and the best areas, and how they live. I initially thought against it, but is said screw it, here's a guy from this country that is dosed in radiation all over the place, and it's sealine seems to be creeping farther onto land along with bursts of water forcing it's way out of the street. Rarely get to meet anyone from this country anyway, lemme ask him what he thinks.

Concerning the increasing sea level, and water spurting out of the damn solid concrete in cities all over, he said that plenty of areas in Japan had large structures built on land that is already very thin, and not that insulated from groundwater underneath, and the earthquake that hit the country had cracked some of these already thin surfaces. He also says that the intensity of the tsunami had permanently crumbled the solid base of the whole mainland, and that is why the sea level is increasing on the coasts.

With Fukishima? He says everything is exaggerated. Any articles that have come out proclaiming Fukishima to be a danger is not true. His evidence is that the nuclear facility is inoperative right now, and that everything is contained. I ask him what about about all the nuclear waste water mixing in with the pacific ocean. He then says it's only "a leeeeetle bit of water, but it's not that bad at all, and is being contained". I didn't get to ask him of the children coming down with thyroid problems, or the Geiger counter busting fish. We got right to cooking up some steak and potatoes with the kids.

Do you guys think that all this fear is unfounded? I think it is a problem that will have lasting impact on our environment, but not world ending. But i have not learned as much as possible about this besides reading articles. What do you guys think?

edit on 22-5-2014 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88
Ill always take it 1st from someone from the area, before I believe all the hype from the MSM we're fed as "truth".

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

All of my Fukishima knowledge comes from ATS.

However I will say this, what he said to you could be his own government propaganda, that like so many of us, he just accepts it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

With Fukishima? He says everything is exaggerated. Any articles that have come out proclaiming Fukishima to be a danger is not true. His evidence is that the nuclear facility is inoperative right now, and that everything is contained.

Yah, contained on the planet earth.

His evidence that the plant is inoperative and therefore not dangerous is not evidence, its a statement.

Containment was breached, there is no putting it back and "containing it".

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sadly, I think he has taken the pablum the Japanese government & TEPCO have been dishing out, with a heavy dose of Nationalistic pride (Japan could not have done something that atrocious to the rest of the world!).
Sorry for the Japanese people... Wouldn't want to be an Olympian in the not-too-distant future.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think I would take him at his,word. If there was a significant risk I know there are watchdog groups,who would know how to get the right kind of attention and have it addressed. I'm going to trust the average Joe guy.
What is this about water spouting out of concrete? And a thinning damaged ground what is that? How is the ground water raising and what action is eroding the coast line?
These sound like big ecological concerns for the island.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He's from there...but he's not there. He's in New York. So is he up to date on his information? ..or does he just believe what he's heard or what he's seen? Just curious

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Ill always take it 1st from someone from the area, before I believe all the hype from the MSM we're fed as "truth".

Plenty pf people are form this area, and believe the government does what it does for our own good.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: terriblyvexed

All of my Fukishima knowledge comes from ATS.

However I will say this, what he said to you could be his own government propaganda, that like so many of us, he just accepts it.

Same here concerning Fukishima knowledge. I also read alternative news/ conspiracy sites articles about Fukishima being overblown, and that it is nearly as bad as what it seems.

Thing is, the media reports very minimally on Fukishima anyway. So the asertion that the media has it's own "bend" on it for it's own purposes is a bit thin, being that they do not report much on it at all.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You still have me smiling with your "yah, contained on planet earth" sarcasm.

I guess what the man was trying to say is that TEPCO is able to coral all the nuclear water, and stop it from gaining any more ground in the pacific. They put some sort of large sea barrier, and whatever water is seeping out, will be quarantined in that barrier.

I can also only guess that he feels that being the the facility is shut down, and it is no longer seeping out any nuclear liquid.

That could all be BS though, and a portion of the country think's smiling is feasible to not getting radiation sickness. Man i should have asked him about that quip from the TEPCO rep!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You still have me smiling with your "yah, contained on planet earth" sarcasm.

I guess what the man was trying to say is that TEPCO is able to coral all the nuclear water, and stop it from gaining any more ground in the pacific. They put some sort of large sea barrier, and whatever water is seeping out, will be quarantined in that barrier.

I can also only guess that he feels that being the the facility is shut down, and it is no longer seeping out any nuclear liquid.

That could all be BS though, and a portion of the country think's smiling is feasible to not getting radiation sickness. Man i should have asked him about that quip from the TEPCO rep!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Sadly, I think he has taken the pablum the Japanese government & TEPCO have been dishing out, with a heavy dose of Nationalistic pride (Japan could not have done something that atrocious to the rest of the world!).
Sorry for the Japanese people... Wouldn't want to be an Olympian in the not-too-distant future.

Yeah, i read that the Japanese establishment vehemently denies any of it's histories atrocities. There are several generations of people who know nothing of it, i assume.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I think I would take him at his,word. If there was a significant risk I know there are watchdog groups,who would know how to get the right kind of attention and have it addressed. I'm going to trust the average Joe guy.
What is this about water spouting out of concrete? And a thinning damaged ground what is that? How is the ground water raising and what action is eroding the coast line?
These sound like big ecological concerns for the island.

The average Joe may, or may not know sh*t, just like any special Mortimer. Many groups are going up against the government and TEPCO to get things sorted out, and get some answers, but you know how that's going, they ain't saying a damn thin until they feel like, and then it usually heavily doctored and PR'D. I don't think they can roll right up to the site and have a look and examine; radiation in the area and armed guards would not let that happen readily.

About Japan's sea level and weak foundations...

I am reading that it really tilted on the east into the ocean, while the west, and the mountainous areas, actually rose.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
assuming for one second that the fact that three cores have escaped containment and will never, every be recovered and the fact that plutonium was blown all over the earth, we'll examine one small fact not in dispute.

Chernobyl is so bad that a make shift lead protective cover is being created to make some attempt at keeping it in check - which is no in danger of never being done. There can be no such containment for Fukushima. There can be no solving the "china syndrome" which has occurred three times. Remarkably, in the 70's, a China Syndrome was thought to be the greatest nightmare by even the most staunch nuclear advocates, but now it doesn't even merit examination by professionals but rather homeless folks hired by the Yakuza are fine to deal with the entire mess.

Asking people on the street who have not spend months researching the finer points of this, like the fact that nuclear weapons grade material was being made there, is pointless. This wasn't something anyone on earth asked for, was polled about, voted on and the results of the "fleeing" of the TEPCO workers have ruined the planet in ways we cannot comprehend. I will suggest that nearly all people on the planet are too clueless to understand what is happening to our ability to express our consciousness. I truly believe most are so dumb that when the illnesses from the wifi, the cellphone stuck to their heads and the radiation from this disaster starts to hit they won't even notice and won't care.

If you think it isn't an issue I have a test. I have 4 pieces of salmon I just got from AK. One is radioactive for an isotope not found by your simple Geiger counter. If you are okay with eating all four pieces no matter what I say then I will believe it isn't an issue. But since there is no way in hell of knowing which item you come in contact has a radioactive particle in or on it then this is a disaster no matter how you slice it.

I think the population at large, and those in Japan too, don't care about any of it at all and won't when they find their bodies falling apart with not real "reason" given by the medical apologists. Then again, since there is nothing that can be done at all, nothing, why worry.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

They put some sort of large sea barrier, and whatever water is seeping out, will be quarantined in that barrier.

Too late. Whats done is already done. For years the emissions were constant from the melted cores. That is something that is inherent with a "meltdown" . The resulting explosions are the proof of that. The omission of emissions is ongoing on Tepco's part, as well as the stuff coming from whats left of the buildings. In the water and the air since day one. Whatever measures they are taking now are temporary attempts to diminish the release as much as possible. A water barrier doesn't stop airborne emissions either.

Thats one final reason why they build these things on or near large water bodies. Just flush it all away.

Another misnomer. They didn't "shut down" they blew up. Big difference between "shutting down" a working reactor and having them melt down and explode. Thats what all that steel and concrete containment is designed to prevent… to a point. That point in the design limitations was exceeded. The proof of that was the explosions at the site.

We still have video of that somewheres? Ahhh…

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Everyone knows the only thing that can destroy Japan is a radioactive monster.

They should rename Fukishima to Godzilla because I think it will destroy Japan.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Completely agree with you. I was not aware of the reactors exploding, but the containment of the water was not so easily put away as this gentleman had stated it. they millions of tons of water that has already seeped into the ocean is part of the damn ocean now, and has not even begun to reek whatever damage radiation in a water environment will do. I just could only rebuttal with that, but not any details or factual material other than what i have picked up, and the overarching possibility of what can/will happen form this in the near and far future.

I did read somewhere about the Yakuza paying the homeless to go do stuff around there, but what? And why the hell is that gang involved?!? I know they have many government officials on their payroll, but what do they have to do with this?

I think many people are very concerned, but like here way more are in lala land. And i have never been there, observing Japan's pervasive, candy coated, stamina overload pop culture insanity, i think many people would actively try there best to not think about this, and hope it all goes away. Only until people's important organs decide to quit, like you mentioned, i think many will be concerned, maybe.

I don't care of everyone down there is not active on pressing for information, i do care. Imagine oof everyone down there just slowly died from this? A whole population?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Completely agree with you. I was not aware of the reactors exploding, but the containment of the water was not so easily put away as this gentleman had stated it. they millions of tons of water that has already seeped into the ocean is part of the damn ocean now, and has not even begun to reek whatever damage radiation in a water environment will do. I just could only rebuttal with that, but not any details or factual material other than what i have picked up, and the overarching possibility of what can/will happen form this in the near and far future.

I did read somewhere about the Yakuza paying the homeless to go do stuff around there, but what? And why the hell is that gang involved?!? I know they have many government officials on their payroll, but what do they have to do with this?

I think many people are very concerned, but like here way more are in lala land. And i have never been there, observing Japan's pervasive, candy coated, stamina overload pop culture insanity, i think many people would actively try there best to not think about this, and hope it all goes away. Only until people's important organs decide to quit, like you mentioned, i think many will be concerned, maybe.

I don't care of everyone down there is not active on pressing for information, i do care. Imagine oof everyone down there just slowly died from this? A whole population?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Everyone knows the only thing that can destroy Japan is a radioactive monster.

They should rename Fukishima to Godzilla because I think it will destroy Japan.

Well unfortunately, this might be something for everyone to look up and point at in astonishment. Onyl it won't be as easily identifiable as a 7 story battle lizard.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Those cores may have melted their way down into Japans guts far enough to contaminate a lot of ground water.....
Whatever they do....they cannot stop pumping millions of gallons daily into the holes where the cores now sit......this is of course going to be contaminated as well......they cannot possibly store or process such a volume of water.....
The answer of course has been and will continue to be surrepticious dumping into the ocean.

What if the three cores melt their way to getting together down those holes and forming a critical mass?
Would that cause japans demise?
Edgar Cayce thought Japan would sink into the ocean....
What if all that generated heat down there causes super heated steam to force even more ground water out??
edit on 23-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join