It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you a liberal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If Liberals are being honest I'd say 75%+ are Liberals because they hate Christianity/Christians. I have many Democrat friends from work or that are family and they ALL hate church and Christians. With a passion.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: smithjustinb

Can I ask what you classify as the 'true American way of life'?

From the declaration of independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

Frankly, anyone who doesn't want insurance is either extraordinarily optimistic or ill-informed.

As long as I've been old enough to have my own insurance and not rely on my parents', I haven't needed it. I don't intend to go to the doctor for every little thing, either. Hospitals have payment plans where you can pay them a monthly payment for your bills. That, to me, seems like the best way. So that when you need it, then you pay. Not insurance where you pay when you don't need it. Its a racket is all it is. Insurance agencies are in it to make money. They are a business. A shady one. Its a racket you're forced to give your money to. Its crap.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If Liberals are being honest I'd say 75%+ are Liberals because they hate Christianity/Christians. I have many Democrat friends from work or that are family and they ALL hate church and Christians. With a passion.

Being a conservative doesn't automatically mean you have to be a Christian.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Can I ask what you classify as the 'true American way of life'?

From the declaration of independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

Frankly, anyone who doesn't want insurance is either extraordinarily optimistic or ill-informed.

As long as I've been old enough to have my own insurance and not rely on my parents', I haven't needed it. I don't intend to go to the doctor for every little thing, either. Hospitals have payment plans where you can pay them a monthly payment for your bills. That, to me, seems like the best way. So that when you need it, then you pay. Not insurance where you pay when you don't need it. Its a racket is all it is. Insurance agencies are in it to make money. They are a business. A shady one. Its a racket you're forced to give your money to. Its crap.

But the Founding Fathers were somewhat hypocritical in that they didn't free the slaves.
As for insurance I have to say that I strongly disagree with you. It's not a scam, it's needed. We had pet insurance for years before we needed it - and it's saved us a lot of money ever since. And you always need insurance - you never know what's going to happen next.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Can you please quote a source for that remarkable statement? I'm a liberal and an atheist, but I don't hate Christianity or Christians.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I always had Jesus down as a pretty liberal guy, the long hair, the beard, the sandals. Feed the poor, kicking bankers out of temples. Sounds like one of them OWS types.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

But the Founding Fathers were somewhat hypocritical in that they didn't free the slaves.

The slaves were freed eventually. It took 16 presidents, but the good republican president, Lincoln, got the job done. The founding fathers set the plan in motion. Thats what matters. Were not here to talk about the regrettable past. Idc if they were hypocritical. I care about the words as they are written, not how they adhered to them in the beginning stages of America.

As for insurance I have to say that I strongly disagree with you. It's not a scam, it's needed. We had pet insurance for years before we needed it - and it's saved us a lot of money ever since. And you always need insurance - you never know what's going to happen next.

You would save a lot more money if you made payments for treatments you actually receive. I know Americans would. Obamacare health insurance companines are only required to use 80% of your premium to the cost of medical care. The other 20% is going to their own pockets. So tell me that's not a racket.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I agree that most liberal atheists hate Christian laws being put on non Christians the same way Christians wouldn't want Muslim laws. Atheists don't believe in Christianity to hate it. We more pity the misinformed and lied to.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The slaves were freed eventually. It took 16 presidents, but the good republican president, Lincoln, got the job done. The founding fathers set the plan in motion. Thats what matters. Were not here to talk about the regrettable past. Idc if they were hypocritical. I care about the words as they are written, not how they adhered to them in the beginning stages of America.

You would save a lot more money if you made payments for treatments you actually receive. I know Americans would. Obamacare health insurance companines are only required to use 80% of your premium to the cost of medical care. The other 20% is going to their own pockets. So tell me that's not a racket.

Please remember that the position of the Parties has changed a great deal over the years - I would not describe Lincoln as being in any way Conservative!

As for the insurance element, then I have to disagree again. What if you get hit by a medical bill that's so large that you just cannot pay it off? Or your house gets hit by a car? Or a tree falls on it? Then that's when insurance come into its own.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

I agree that most liberal atheists hate Christian laws being put on non Christians

Like what? Don't say prayer in school. Noone is making anyone pray. And don't say "under god" in the pledge of allegiance. You're not required to say the pledge. So what Christian law do atheists have to abide by?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

As for the insurance element, then I have to disagree again. What if you get hit by a medical bill that's so large that you just cannot pay it off?

That's the kind of scenario where lawmakers would have to get creative in how they handle this issue while maintaining American values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Or your house gets hit by a car? Or a tree falls on it? Then that's when insurance come into its own.

Incidents who's actual costs are greatly overshadowed by the profits the insurance companies make. Insurance companies don't exist for your benefit. They exist for theirs. They come in handy as a means of immediate relief, but that's after you poured thousands into their fund already. More often than not, in the long run, you WILL pay more than what you get out. Its called, "responsible saving". You get what you put in and you put in what you get. Way more fair than the insurance racket.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Liberals are for big government. Conservatives are for limited government. What's wrong about that?

Conservatives are for limited government when it suits their agenda. They increased the government by simply passing the patriot act and creating the DHS.

I know for a fact we don't need 8 more years of the same crap we've been going through these past 8.

Why? Obama's federal spending has been less than any other president since FDR go look at the debt clock the deficit is dropping like a rock.

Im going to vote for whoever is least likely to not give us 8 more years of Obama-like policies. Guess who that's going to be. Not a democrat.

Being of the same party doesn't mean they are going to continue the same policies. Obama did nothing but rubber stamp Bush's policies to keep them going but he isn't a Republican.

Just look at Obama. What a failure.

He's hardly a failure. He has been able to keep 45% of his promises and compromised on 25% more. So you can say he has kept 70% of the promises he made on the election trail show a Republican that has come close to that. And seeing how he has had to deal with people like McConnell, Boehner and the like that said they were going to do everything they can to make sure he was a failure when he first became President just shows the Republicans care nothing for the country just for their agenda. Stop listening to FOX, Rush and the like because they are just filling you with crap.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I agree that most liberal atheists hate Christian laws being put on non Christians

Like what? Don't say prayer in school. Noone is making anyone pray. And don't say "under god" in the pledge of allegiance. You're not required to say the pledge. So what Christian law do atheists have to abide by?

Not being able to buy alcohol on Sunday. All blue laws are in some way Christian laws that have been forced on the people.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Can I ask a serious question of Americans reading this - or those who know better than I do - is being liberal different from being a liberal?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

He's hardly a failure. He has been able to keep 45% of his promises and compromised on 25% more. So you can say he has kept 70% of the promises he made on the election trail show a Republican that has come close to that.

Psshh. Where'd you hear that crap? I guess if I tell you I ate a ham sandwich for lunch, I could say that, and we could add that to the list of things I said that weren't lies. But if we're talking about major lies about major policies that helped him get where he's got, we could start with, "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan", "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor", “If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will end this war. You can take that to the bank.”. Lets not forget to mention his failed promise to close guantanamo bay among many many other blatant lies.

And seeing how he has had to deal with people like McConnell, Boehner and the like that said they were going to do everything they can to make sure he was a failure when he first became President just shows the Republicans care nothing for the country just for their agenda. Stop listening to FOX, Rush and the like because they are just filling you with crap.

You mean like how the IRS under his administration specifically targeted conservative groups? "republican care nothing for the country just their agenda". Name one such scandal as that one which was perpetrated by republicans to silence liberals the way liberals did to republicans.

edit on 23-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Not being able to buy alcohol on Sunday. All blue laws are in some way Christian laws that have been forced on the people.

Ill give you that one. Pale in comparison to the anti-freedom, totalitarian movement of the left, but I'll give you that one.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Can I ask where you are getting your information from?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Liberals are for big government. Conservatives are for limited government. What's wrong about that?

Conservatives are for limited government when it suits their agenda. They increased the government by simply passing the patriot act and creating the DHS.

No. Bush was for that. Conservatives who are true conservatives, or true republicans would never support spying on American citizens, nor would they support drone strikes without trial, as Obama does.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Ill give you that one. Pale in comparison to the anti-freedom, totalitarian movement of the left, but I'll give you that one.

And can I ask about the anti-freedom, totalitarian movement of the right? Liberalism does not equal communism, just as Conservatism does not equal Fascism.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Can I ask where you are getting your information from?

Everywhere that doesn't want to sweep Obama's failures under the rug like CNN or MSNBC. Its known fact. It doesn't matter where I got the information from. You can go on youtube and watch the words come right out of his mouth. Then look around and see that everywhere they are inconsistent with the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join