It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man goes on deadly shooting spree after girlfriend reneges on Triple Whopper promise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wish I could say I don't believe this, but I can. All for a crappy burger from the king. (flamed broiled, not fried).

A Florida man allegedly went on a shooting spree this week, killing a 70-year-old man and wounding a 7-year-old boy, after he got in an argument with a girlfriend who refused to buy a “Triple Whopper” hamburger for him.

According to WPEC, 28-year-old Jamie Marie Young told Port St. Lucie police that she met 24-year-old Brandon Lamar Hawkins at a local Burger King on Tuesday to borrow a laptop for her daughter and to buy him a Triple Whopper.

But the meeting ended after the two argued over the status of their relationship. Young explained to police that Hawkins had as many as four girlfriends.

“After the meeting, Hawkins told police he became angry over not getting the Triple Whopper he wanted, so he drove to Young’s house at 213 SW Kentwood Road,” WPEC reported.

A police report said that Hawkins put a gun to the head of Young’s daughter. When Young tried to escape from the home with her 7-year-old son, Hawkins apparently opened fire.

She later found her son bleeding from stomach wounds in the yard, and her 70-year-old stepfather had suffered multiple gunshots to the head.

Link

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Then I wonder why police just shoot people dead instead of doing things "by the book".

The guy was probably on something, I don't see many people who don't have access to a cheeseburger having access to any sort of firearm and ammunition unless they're in with the wrong sort of people.

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That guy is sick. He cannot be fixed, he needs the firing squad.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
May be his defense will be he had a hankering for a Whooper so he couldn't think straight.

This is sociopath behavior. He be out in 20 years though.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That guy is sick. He cannot be fixed, he needs the firing squad.

And his family will be releasing a statement shortly; "He is such a wonderful, caring person who loves everybody. We have no idea how this could have happened...."
edit on 400000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Why eat with a clown when you can eat with a king.

serious issues. Mental health? Or just a lifetime of expecting free # and finally not getting his own way?

Both reasons are as bad as each other IMHO.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm getting these mental flashes of all these young ad writers, hunkered down over their computers making up promos trying to turn this into positive commercials for BK, thinking all publicity is good publicity.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A sign of end of days..

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. - 2 Timothy 3:17

Why am I not surprised?

edit on 22-5-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
He clearly didn't shoot people over a whopper.

But the meeting ended after the two argued over the status of their relationship.

Also, not a sign of the end times. People have been doing f'd up things to one another from the beginning.

This is a case of a jilted guy, probably with a diagnosable personality disorder, attempting to exert control over a woman by force. When that failed, likely realizing that he'd gone past the point of no return, he decided to do the most damage he could.

There's no rehabilitation for this man and by his actions he's forfeited his own life.
edit on 2014-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The Burger King slogan clearly was not for him because he did not have it his way. Damn shame someone would flip over not having a triple flame broiled burger. People are getting crazier by the day. Sad that his girlfriend's family had to suffer the ordeal, but at the same time, she may not be all there either if she's willing to be with a man that has multiple other girlfriends. I guess to each is own...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
He clearly didn't shoot people over a whopper.

“After the meeting, Hawkins told police he became angry over not getting the Triple Whopper he wanted, so he drove to Young’s house..."

Sounds like he did. The guy already had 4 girls but no burger.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That IS a good burger. I can kinda see his point.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 5/22/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Anyone who is hooked on triple whoppers isn't in control of their mind. I had a double whopper once, I don't ever want to do that again. A plain whopper isn't bad, but the Whopper Jr is better yet.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

But people's always been like this.(think Lizzy Borden, Jack The Ripper, Billy The Kid, cavemen, etc., etc.) It's just the way the ball bounces.

This guy should be hung from a tree by the neck until he is dead. Now he gets to go into prison, hang with his friends and family, play ball, play video games, watch TV, three hots and a cot. He has it made now. If he were rich the judge would say that prison would be too hard on him and then put him on house arrest. Are we in the twilight Zone?
And what is going on down there in Florida? A lot of messed-up stories coming out of there.

edit on 22-5-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot something

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It really does not surprise me this crap happened in Florida.

Stuff like this is in the news nearly every day down hereabouts and the igno-cracka's here just slop it up like pigs at a trough.

I don't like Florida much, but the winters are pretty nice and I hate the cold way more than I hate Florida.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A child... He shot a child... Not himself the ball less wonder but a kid.. For some ass... Not a burger...hang him as it will happen again

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeistyFemme
The Burger King slogan clearly was not for him because he did not have it his way.

Maybe not, maybe so, because they plan to change the slogan to "Be your own way." Wonder if they'll revisit that?

Funny to blame being a psychopath on a sandwich. Does that qualify an insanity defense?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yeah man I'm with you, he was on something and it ain't weed. Now I don't know this to be fact, but that sketchy SOB freaking out over a burger sorta points to drugs imo a reply to: Vortiki

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Officer: "Boy, why did you do it?"

Perp: "Have you ever had a really bad case of the munchies, I mean bad. I can't get that picture of the triple whooper out of my head."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join