It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Council Voting Results For 2014!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
UK Voting Results & Updates For 2014

Keep up to date by the minute with the latest from the UK Election Results via the link!!!

You Can Also Keep Up Here Via The Guardian

Not much to say so far, but Sunderland looks to be in Labours hand with upto 47% of the vote!!!

UKIP with roughly 24% on their first outing!!!

Conservatives just above UKIP with around 26% and the Liberal Democrats with a shockingly small 3%!!!

Sorry for the partisan element I'm about to push... But well done Sunderland, you've done the business so far!!!
Let's hope Labour's next 24hours continues to look good!!!

Will keep you updated as long as I'm awake... It is now 00:05am here in London!!!

Keep up to the minute on BBC1 as well as the link!!!
David Dimbleby being his legendary self!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 22-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

00:07
First result through in Swindon - a Labour win

tweet
First ward result through in Swindon. Swindon Borough Council tweets: "Result - Mannington & Western, Labour win - Cllr. Robbins".

Mannington & Western full result - Lab 977, UKIP 598, Con 561, Lib Dem 152. Turnout 31%

Apparently the 1st result of the night, but it comes via a Tweet, so it's better to wait for confirmation I reckon!!!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not surprising, I actually did not vote (shame on me) as none of the party's stood for my belief but glad to see Ukip and labour kick the tory's and especially there Liberal lap dog's were it hurt's after there betrayal of there electorate, no doubt Ukip will side with the Tory's to try to form a coalition if that is possible at the next general should the vote come out similar though but maybe and (Fingers crossed and superglued) labour will get the message though I doubt it very seriously, they were meant to be our party not the party of they whom do not even vote for them and come in to take what our taxes pay for but unlike the tory solution I truly believe we need our safety net and should tax the ultra rich for the privelage of living here as it is a privelage if only we can fix this increasingly broken and divided nation.
Thank you for the update and forgive my rant.

edit on 22-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

All rants welcomed pal, it's good to hear people's opinions and it's also good to voice our concerns!!!

I'd wholeheartedly agree with you as well, especially about the ultra rich!!!

Sadly I didn't register in time to vote, but I have faith it'll go well in my area & in Europe!!!
I'll definitely be ready for the General Election, as you said hopefully Labour see the signs in time for that!!!

Peace Lab!!!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Labour!!!
Sunderland...
South Tyneside...

Conservative!!!
Broxbourne...

158 Councils to go!!!
edit on 22-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Update!!!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have to say, that I hate the Tories, I hate the BNP, and UKIP, and the Liberal Democrats. However, I LOATHE the lie that is the modern Labour Party more than I can express, simply for being nothing like a Labour Party at all. No party full of soft handed, work-shy cretins has any business being called the Labour Party. None of them have done any bloody labour!

That being said, I had to go Liberal again. At least this time I KNEW that they would screw us over, rather than being surprised by them jumping into bed with the Tories. My attitude is that the Labour Party will not deserve my vote until it recruits a top echelon made up entirely of gravel shovelers, street sweepers, postmen, bricklayers, you know, people who have actually done some physical work, rather than just moving heaps of paper.

As for the Tories, UKIP, and the BNP... Well the BNP, and UKIP can burn in hell for all I care. As I said to the UKIP representative when he dared to greet me at the door to the polling station "would you mind awfully shutting the hell up? It's just that I have to choose between a collection of poorly polished turds at the moment, and that is about as much as I am prepared to put up with today. I would rather not be spoken to by your sort into the bargain. Now step aside you fascist bastard, and let me pick the lesser of several evils! "

The Tories will never get my vote, because this Cameron bastard is a heartless cretin, and his odd little friend Osborne needs setting on fire.

Basically, there are no parties which represent working class people, but are not made up exclusively of foam mouthed, rabid extremist xenophobes, and I am getting pretty bloody sick of that fact. Until there are, any vote I cast FEELS just as wasted as a spoiled ballot. The only reason I voted at all is to try and do as much damage to the right wing cause as I possibly can, without allowing a Labour Party with no labourers in it to have the benefit of my vote, which is why I voted lib dem.

Do not get me wrong, I know that they are a useless bunch of backstabbing psychopaths, but at least they are not Nazis in new clothes, or a party which is little more than a brand name, without an actual identity, like the Labour Party.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Extremely well said Sir!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It is a constant source of aggravation, that I am ever moved to speak in such terms. I grow ever more weary of the increasingly blatant lack of intent on the part of political figures, to actually represent the people, and their wishes. It is time, well past in fact, that politicians and party leaders realise that their own political opinions are irrelevant, because it is their job to DO AS WE BLOODY WELL TELL THEM, DAY IN , DAY OUT! It is not for them to propose a manifesto, because the only important manifesto, is the manifestation of our will as a collective, as the British people. Our will is the only thing that our nations politicians should concern themselves with, the enacting of it, and the representing of it on the world stage.

They forget their place, consider their ideas of more import than the need of those they falsely claim to wish to serve. It is time that the people as a whole took charge, and reminded the political elite that they are our SERVANTS, our UNDERLINGS, that they by definition are beneath us in importance, and number, and that they place themselves there by their service. If they wish more than this for themselves, then they should not aspire to political activism. To be a public servant, is to place your will beneath that of your countrymen, and to enact their will over your own on pain of death and dishonour. Anything else is tyranny in disguise, and I cannot accept it.

With every passing year, the works of our so called leadership, become ever further removed from the needs and the instructions of the electorate. It is not acceptable, it cannot stand, and yet the majority of people, though they decry it, continue to participate. The worst thing about this democracy we apparently live in, is that unless one wishes to see those who wish to gain power to bring about the destruction of our nation, like the BNP and its many side projects, the bringing about of a fascism for example, one has to vote against them, rather than spoil their ballot. One HAS to vote tactically, if at all, if only to save the nations life for a few more years. That is what is so toxic about the way we operate politics in this country. Even those of us who see the wood in the trees, have to participate because otherwise hell comes to our doors as a result of apathetic responses to electoral processes!

GAAAAHAHHHHAHHAAAAAHHHHRRRRRGH!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well I voted for UKIP here in Swindon but it did no good as the torys took it again. My vote was a protest vote against all the liars in govt from all the main parties. They are all in it together, Lab lib cons is all the same party. The lot of them are nothing but a bunch of expense fiddling liars, all in it for them selves.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Labour
Hammersmith & Fulham!!!

This is the one I was hoping for, a good step in the right direction towards the General Election!!!

How did your Councils fair in the Polls???

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I didn't vote , not because I couldn't be bothered but because there was nobody deserving of my vote , I won't vote for the Toffs nor will I be conned into voting for the far right of Ukip , until Labour get rid of Miliband , Balls and the old guard I can't vote for them , it's time for the Labour party to clear the decks and give the British public a real credible opposition to the ruling elite.

John Mann MP for Labour leader

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

UKIP aren't 'far right' and will get more votes than you think.

Anything to the left of middle is too weak on 'immigration' and want all the 'gays' over here....

Listen, we can't keep taking everyone in, we are low on space and this is a small island, the Cities are full and getting worse, the 'Islamists' are still allowed to preach their hate towards the rest and the Religion is becoming more entrenched within Society (work, Schools, Hospitals).

I would have voted for 'Greens' as they are at least trying to do something for the Environment but they too are too soft on the above mentioned...

All the parties want to build more houses and businesses which is no good as that means less green areas and more pollution. I thought the 'Greens' would be against that but they too want more people coming over...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Don't the Greens operate in your area? Genuine question.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

UKIP aren't 'far right' and will get more votes than you think.

Further than I can stomach.

Anything to the left of middle is too weak on 'immigration' and want all the 'gays' over here....

With a statement like that I guess you voted for the above

a reply to: Ramcheck

Don't the Greens operate in your area?

Not in my area as far as I know but I didn't see the ballot paper , I didn't see any vote Green messages but I wouldn't have voted for them either.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That's a pity to be honest. The Greens are the perfect anti-Ukip vote in the Euro Elections. Perhaps, of course not to the tastes of the south east - who seem to have taken a complete leave of their senses - But the Greens are now the second largest party in Manchester, that has to count for something. We (the people) don't have many results here (north of Hadrians wall) yet, not until Sunday at least, but I suspect heavily that it will be a complete contrast to anything around London way. Good luck to all, of course.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ramcheck

I don't have anything against the Greens it's just I don't see them as a viable alternative , I guess that's the problem too many people like me who'd rather not vote than give them a chance , perhaps I will give them my vote if they stand here in the General election if Miliband is still in charge of Labour.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"UKIP with roughly 24% on their first outing!!!"

um what? first outing? they've been standing in elections for years now.

What I'm gobsmacked about UKIP is their 'anti-establisment' ness.... they're supported by such anti-establishment rebels as, um, Murdoch, their policies are all about increasing the wealth of the 1% (things like increasing the tax bill for 88% of the population to give a tax reduction for the richest 12%, they want to get rid of more workers rights, etc), and they've got a selection of venal old Tories like Neil 'Cash for Questions' Hamilton in their inner circle. Also they're getting huge amounts of publicity from the main stream media... Join the dots, most UKIP supporters are being suckered.....

edit on 24-5-2014 by knownothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: knownothing

I thought there was something quite sad about seeing old ladies holding up Vote Ukip banners. Ukip want to totally privatise the NHS, the very NHS pensioners rely upon day to day and are probably in no financial position to pay for insurance.
If their local A&E is planned to be closed, what kind of support can they expect from a ukip councillor to keep it open.
Still if it makes people feel better to blame immigrants for the financial downturn, rather than scheming bankers and billionaire hedge fund vultures then so be it I guess. Same old story, rinse and repeat.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Spot on mate

It's a sign of the sad state of our political system when people are so disillusioned with politics they give their support to a party just because the leader has photo opps pulling pints and appeals to their base fears , most Ukip supporters don't have a clue or don't care what the party is really about or who is behind the scenes.

Having said that the bonus is they are splitting the Tory vote , as long as Scotland vote No to Independence we could see the back of Cameron and his public school mates this time next year , if they vote Yes we're all Doomed.

I don't relish the prospect of a Miliband Labour Government but it is in my view the lesser of two evils.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

First outing in Sunderland!!!
Apparently!!!
I'm just going by what the BBC said!!!

Peace!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join