It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

McDonald's answers 'Why doesn't your food rot?'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
I do know one thing. The people who eat this stuff 3 times a day. Still rot when they die.

All 200 kg of them.

So whatever they are putting in them. Is not enough.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:18 AM
I want to say first that I can't stand McDonalds and I am so glad my children don't ask to go there anymore. I like real food and Mc and Burger King and the lot are not what I would call real food.

Dr. Keith Warriner, the program director at the University of Guelph's Department of Food Science and Quality Assurance, explained the phenomenom:

“There have been a lot of online videos and photos touting the fact that when left out for an extended period of time, a McDonald’s hamburger does not rot and that this is because they are laden with chemicals. The reality is that McDonald’s hamburgers, french fries and chicken are like all foods, and do rot if kept under certain conditions.

Essentially, the microbes that cause rotting are a lot like ourselves, in that they need water, nutrients, warmth and time to grow. If we take one or more of these elements away, then microbes cannot grow or spoil food. In the example of a McDonald’s hamburger, the patty loses water in the form of steam during the cooking process. The bun, of course, is made out of bread. Toasting it reduces the amount of moisture. This means that after preparation, the hamburger is fairly dry. When left out open in the room, there is further water loss as the humidity within most buildings is around 40%.

So in the absence of moisture or high humidity, the hamburger simply dries out, rather than rot. With moisture loss, we take away an element required by microbes to grow and cause spoilage. So to spoil a McDonald’s hamburger, we simply need to prevent the moisture loss. This can be done through wrapping it in cling film to prevent moisture from escaping, or storing it within a high humidity environment, such as a bathroom (notice black mould on your bathroom windows but not in your bedroom).

If you try doing the same experiment with a homemade burger with similar moisture content as a McDonald’s hamburger and under similar conditions, you’ll probably get the same results.” Read more:

My personal opinion is that Mc burgers don't rot because of a number of factors: dehydration, total lack of nutrients, very high salt content and lots of preservatives (chemicals).

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:20 AM
Aww now whats not to like?

Yum Yum.. Looks good!

...and hows it look after 10 weeks? Well.. McDonalds food certainly has....a special something. Especially those fries.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
Though unedible after 3 years the burgers still have use as hockey pucks or mini-frisbies.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:07 AM

originally posted by: imd12c4funn
McDonald's answers 'Why doesn't your food rot?'

In a series of posts on its website, McDonald's answers customers' frequently asked questions about its food in the U.S., including "Why doesn't your food rot?"

The answer? "In the right environment, our burgers, fries and other menu items could decompose," McDonald's maintains.

Dumbing Down
Dumbing Down
What do you think?

I know I am satisfied. NOT~!
How about you?

Holy... What strange wording! How guilty are they! They might aswell admit that their food is tampered with and might as well be fake plastic. Lol... "COULD"... COULD???? hahahah Oh boy...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Any idea what that right environment is?

It's all soy, that is why. I mean yes it will eventually. But not until they withstand WW3, same with ramen noodles, they actually don't digest.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:24 AM
actually I didn't know that McDonalds food didn't rot. I knew about the Hostess twinkies and cupcakes doing the 'not going bad' thing ... but I hadn't heard that McDonalds food didn't. That's interesting.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:35 AM
a reply to: schuyler

Around me theres mcdonalds, whos burgers can be bought with 1euro but they are not tasty, fress and healthy as far im concerned. Theres small business whos use organic meat and everything, they cost from 4e normal burgers to bigger and more expensives ones but the real difference is the taste, fress and healthy factor, i consider healthier fact that they are organic not processed= kill every natural energy out of it and then add sh1t load of chemicals to get it back to look/smell/taste like something, they have to add so many chemicals to get it back to any form and shape after how they process the meats.

Im with you on that ppl eat like they are going to die any minute, like every dinner is the last but they do it all the time.. Im sure these chemicals that left behind inside the body while any organic parts body knows how to process, the rest stays back there, blocking important energy movements and so on, creating physical and mental problems.

Im thinking much of the same things over chemical medications too, they create more problems than they are sayd to solve and still natural meds are much more better in most cases, ofcourse i admit that there is real use for chemical based meds but not the way its done today, i see it more about money making businesss than healing one, making max amount of money, always increasing rates, can make ppl do crazy things, even knowingly destroy ppls lifes by masses.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
I have seen lots of homemade food not rot on flatmates floor if the pieces are no bigger than my fist.

Are you kidding me?
What kind of slobs are you and your flatmate that fist sized pieces of meat can lie on your floor long enough for decomposition to set in (despite not)...but no one picks them up?
Remind me never to eat at your place either.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:27 AM
the right environment .. that would be the large coke, that accompanies your big mac , or mcdepressing meal ... that would rot anything !!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
The thought of eating McDonald's burgers makes me want to gag.

Their pancakes, on the other hand...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
a reply to: roadgravel

I don't think we should eat things like that...
Especially since it isn't even natural, it is a silicone polymer.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: BlueMule

The center of the sun?

That's exactly what I was thinking! LOL! Maybe a local fusion chamber, or the environment right below where a nuclear bomb is being tested.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
Thank you op for bringing back the memory of the scene in Super size Me wherr Morgan put the food in the jars to see how bad they got.

The McFries never changed! :O

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

This part made me die a little

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
a reply to: imd12c4funn
It's funny I can eat super hot spicy food ,no problem....if I eat McDonalds with in 2 hours I get diarrhea.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
I have seen lots of homemade food not rot on flatmates floor if the pieces are no bigger than my fist.

thedeadtruth: "What's that on the floor by the stove?"
thedeadtruth's flatmate: "That's tomorrow's dinner."
thedeadtruth: "It looks like a dead rat."
thedeadtruth's flatmate: "That's just dust bunnies...there's good meat under there I tells ya."
thedeadtruth: "You kinda looks like mold."
thedeadtruth's flatmate: "Naw, that's just dry layers, man."
thedeadtruth: "Well, okay..."

edit on 24-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
I did a experiments on this.
I found that Only bacteria that lands on it from the air
or if some thing touches it.
then it will grow mold/bacteria.

when they make them they are totally sterile!
do they use radiation?
some food producers use't to do this.
probable still do.

P.S. I have not found a dog that will eat this???? stuff!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:11 PM
Well consider how dry their food tastes. That is why I cannot eat a McDonald's burger with nothing on it, such as ketchup or mustard. This goes for the fries as well. The meat feels especially dry. I say "meat" but I don't know what it is. People eat there because it tastes good. I can understand that. And it is inexpensive. You cannot just cook up a burger at home and have it taste like a McDonald's burger. Well I'm sure you could if you followed some of the instructions on Youtube, but if I remember right you have to like freeze it and soak it, or maybe that was the fries, so it would take longer than making a traditional burger.

A burger made at home is good as well, but in a different way. They don't taste the same. This goes for the fries as well. I think the freezing and soaking the fries is to get the texture that McDonald's fries have. I'm not a cook so I don't know. I mess up grilled cheeses all the time. I make some mean toast though. Or microwavable food. My family thinks I'm weird because I like certain processed or "fake" foods. Like instant mashed potatoes and powdered eggs. Or like the plastic-tasting green beans that come in TV dinners. Some of that stuff tastes good to me. I like the real thing as well, but the taste is different, and that is what I meant about the taste of McDonald's food. It is just different.

I like other fast food places as well, but none of them taste the same in my opinion. I don't eat fast food very much now, although I used to eat it a lot more. I try not to eat McDonald's more than once a month now, although sometimes I will eat there more and order some of the other stuff they have, and not the burgers and fries. I like their hash browns as well, probably because they're crispy. But you can buy hash browns patties with about the same shape at the supermarket and they taste pretty close to those at McDonald's, depending on how you cook them.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:50 AM
I still think there's something in The food to keep it from decaying as usual. I don't believe it matters what size the food is and it's not just mcdonalds. I have half a birthday cake from a grocery store that has been there for over a month and looks the same as it did when it was bought. It has bothered me so much my husband has allowed me to keep it as my newest science experiment. I normally don't buy grocery store cakes I bake my own and have never seen such a thing. I am convinced it is made of plastic and am glad I did not eat any of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>