It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's answers 'Why doesn't your food rot?'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
It would be interesting to take a McDo burger and an organic burger of the same size and put them side by side with the same amount of moisture and see what happens.

I tried it once. I ended up with a bunch of little White Castle burgers.....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
I dont get it why so many ppl eat mcdonalds anyways? Theres so many smaller business that cooks healthy, fress and tasty burgers! Well i use to eat mcdonalds long time ago but my excuse is, i was always drunk back then, didnt care for stupid things like health. IMHO mcdonalds should be banned world wide and owners should be brought to justice!

Complete nonsense. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a plain old McDonalds hamburger with a bun, a piece of meat, dried onions, mustard, ketchup, and a pickle or two. Nothing--and it costs $1.00. It has 250 calories (80 from fat) and 12 grams of protein. As a percentage of fat per day it's like 13%, not really a big deal. The bun comes from a local bakery. There are no artificial preservatives more than you would normally buy anywhere else in any of the ingredients.

I had a "healthy, fresh, tasty" burger from a small firm yesterday that was quite good, and cost $12.95. It was so large I couldn't get my mouth around it nor did I finish it. Guess which had more calories and more fat content? The expensive burger by far (but it was really good!)

The problem with eating at McDonalds is people eat stupidly. They won't just get a couple of cheap burgers in a pinch and be done with it. They have to get a large fries AND a super duper sugary soft drink along with a Big Mac that is about 700 calories all by itself. They're into it for a couple thousand calories before they get out of there.

Are these people eating nutritiously? Absolutely not.
Is it POSSIBLE to eat prudently and nutritiously at McDonald's? Absolutely yes.
Now, WHOSE responsibility is it to eat well? Do you?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Also, it's a sad day when billions of people are eating s# that isn't even biodegradable.

And who's dumb fault is that? If someone is buying bleach to drink, don't get upset with the guy selling them bleach. It's their own dumb fault for drinking it.

Same thing here, if McDonalds is garbage chemically sprayed meat-stuffs, or whatever, it is up to the people eating it to decide, "Hey, this is poison, maybe I shouldn't eat this".

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: BlueMule

The center of the sun?

LOLOL! Too funny. I was gonna reply with "fire" but you took it a bit further.
Firepiston

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As a mortician who also owns a health company .... I get asked about McDs all the time.

My stock standard answer is " the fries will kill you "

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I had a package of their apples from a kids' meal in my fridge for two months, and they still hadn't turned brown.
I'm not brave enough to eat something that won't decompose....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The key word here is 'package', there is a reason they put stuff in a package.

In this case, to preserve your apples.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toadmund
a reply to: nugget1

The key word here is 'package', there is a reason they put stuff in a package.

In this case, to preserve your apples.

That one heck of a package that preserve them that long.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
The apples were in the fridge. What a modern marvel! I have kept organic apples in the fridge for months. Folks used to keep apples and root vegetables in cellars for months and eat them without dying!

edit on 22-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A fridge often removes the moisture and drys them out.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Mcdoubles contain
Azodicarbonamide which is used to make foam rubbers, Sodium propionate which is toxic to some molds/ bacteria, Sodium citrate an antioxidant, Sodium phosphate, Acetic acid, also used in making plastics, Calcium chloride which absorbs water, Calcium peroxide. With those ingredients alone I'm not surprised it doesn't rot.

Here is a full list of (non-secret) ingredients.
www.foodfacts.com...#
That is also my source.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The frys contain ( again, only listed ingredients)

Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, "natural flavor", dextrose, sodium acid, pyrophosphate, citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane, cooked in canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane, silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide.

Potatoes are GMO, which helps.

Sorry for the double post, just trying to help.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Luuke123
The frys contain ( again, only listed ingredients)

dimethylpolysiloxane

Its applications range from contact lenses and medical devices to elastomers; it is also present in shampoos (as dimethicone makes hair shiny and slippery), food (antifoaming agent), caulking, lubricating oils, and heat-resistant tiles.

Caulk and lube oil, Ummmm.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't buy the dehydration argument, not fully. It doesn't explain why the burger sitting in the rafters in a shed adjacent to my house, unwrapped, hasn't rotted the least bit.....not even any mold on the bread. It has been dropped out of the rafters more than once by my cats and I recently walked out to find it laying in my drive-way.....it had been there all night. I have laid it out and watched to see the reaction of various insects. They will not touch it, NONE of them. I have laid it in the path of ants and watched as they started walking AROUND the thing......dogs won't touch it, cats won't touch it......etc, etc, etc...

I found the thing fully exposed to the elements, down in a dumpster of mine, while emptying it. A friend had thrown a bag in the garbage and the burger had fell out. This was almost 4 months ago. I just threw the thing in the rafters to test it for myself.....May take a pic or two of it.

I'm leaning towards a few of the comments above....the preservatives. (It is kind of a no brainer...the kind that is currently making me smile as I think of what I just wrote...."leaning towards" the preservatives......I would say I am a wee-bit more than "leaning".....lol)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just play it safe and don't eat fast food. I had a rattlesnake and wild greens for dinner.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

It's a federal offense to kill a rattlesnake.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

It's a personal offense, to me, to make it a crime to gather food. The feds would be best off not jacking with me. I'm not religious, but according to the Good Book, God put those critters there for me to partake of. I am a responsible caretaker of the land. Venomous snakes are not welcome in my perimeter.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
there food is so heavily contaminated with preservatives, there food does rot, but very very freaking slowly, plus its genetic modified, it doesnt rot possibly because it isn't even dead yet, christ thank god and me i don't eat this crap

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
soooo...

#McDStories part 2?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
See short answer cause our burgers and fries is not really food. How long can a piece of cardboard stay outside and not rot

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join