It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ: The Loving God of the Old AND New Testament

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: godlover25
You do also realize every time you sin you deserve death?

You do also realize every time a person tells the truth ... that Genesis didn't happen; that Noahs Ark didn't happen; that Exodus didn't happen as scripture states ... that telling those truths IS NOT SIN. You do realize that, right?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Here is what I believe:

.... and none of that has anything to do with Old Testament folklore and myth.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Jesus said, as quoted in the Gospel according to St. John the Theologian, chapter 4: "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews."

Jesus instructed His Disciples, according to the Gospel according to St. Matthew the Apostle, chapter 23: "Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do."

And again, as recorded in the fifth chapter of the Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew, Jesus is quoted saying "“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

Last but not least, and if needed I can quote much more, since I am speaking of the Truth, Jesus said, as recorded by the Holy Apostle, Evangelist, and Physician Luke, that He followed the entire Old Testament, as regarded by the Hebrews of First Century Palestine which was assorted into three main sections, the Law/Torah, the Prophets and the Writings (the first book of which was the Psalter, so when Jesus said the Psalms he means the entire section of writings) "Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The first eleven chapters of the Book of Genesis are a genre called Sacred History, they are not meant to expound history as conceived by a 21st century mind, they are meant to divulge and reveal a certain Theological Truth of the Divine.

Theology is not science, Science is not theology.

If I took a college course in Theology, I wouldn't bring a biology textbook to class and start hustling the professor,

likewise, I wouldn't take a biology class and bring my Bible along and start heckling him and claiming absurdity like the earth is only 6,000 years old

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: godlover25

You point out a truth but we all sometime's rail against god in our pain then usually appologize to him in our prayers as it is simply that we do not understand, there will alway's be they whom have a dark manifest agenda againt christians, they use secular differences to divide the christian faith into what church and what denomination but in fact there is only one jesus and all christian's are bound together in the sacrament of his body and blood and he know's which are his regardless of which denomination they express or rather his enemy's whom are still dividing his garment among themselve's express.
In today's world dark forces long hidden are now brash enough to be revealed and have taken the places of power among the government's and indeed force the worship of wealth and power or other forms of greed over us grinding us down but in the end he is real and his love endure's forever.
God bless and may he keep you and your's safe or as they used to say once may the lord shelter you in his hand, may the road's rise with you and may the wind be alway's at your back.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Thats not what Jesus said. He didnt say the Law of Love. He referenced the Law and the Prophets who held the Law. He said not one jot or tittle of the written Law would pass. He was talking about the recorded OT Law observed by OT Prophets. That much is obvious.

The Law applied to sinners only. Jesus was not a sinner.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: borntowatch

Do you believe in the Garden of Eden, OT Genesis, perfect creation made by God for humanity. Perfect God-human relationship before the fall

Nope...

Nope..

Perfect creation is true, but not as it happened in Genesis....

And Nope to the Fall as well...

Do you believe God will judge humanity according to a law, or there will be no judgement

Yes, God will judge us when we pass... but not according to the OT laws...

God is the God of the law, the law must be obeyed, those outside the law will pay the penalty of the law as they did in the days of the Old Testament.

Nope... the people of the OT did not know God...

So I can assume you dont mind the questions

Where was the perfect creation

What law will humanity be judged by

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Jesus said, as quoted in the Gospel according to St. John the Theologian, chapter 4: "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews."

Keep reading...

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Notice it says worship the Father... Not worship a triune God?

Salvation is of the Jews right... They don't worship a triune God either...

Jesus instructed His Disciples, according to the Gospel according to St. Matthew the Apostle, chapter 23: "Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do."

They can sit wherever they please... I wonder though, does moses sit at the right hand of God?

And again, as recorded in the fifth chapter of the Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew, Jesus is quoted saying "“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

Already explained that... IF he was talking about the laws of Moses he would have followed them to the letter, scripture shows that he not only broke the laws, but changed them... He was speaking of the Law of love, that which has always been, and has never changed... and never will

Last but not least, and if needed I can quote much more, since I am speaking of the Truth, Jesus said, as recorded by the Holy Apostle, Evangelist, and Physician Luke, that He followed the entire Old Testament, as regarded by the Hebrews of First Century Palestine which was assorted into three main sections, the Law/Torah, the Prophets and the Writings (the first book of which was the Psalter, so when Jesus said the Psalms he means the entire section of writings) "Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

I've never once said that there wasn't prophecy within the OT... This does not mean every word of said books are true...

Jesus gave us the true law, which is the law of love which as I've already stated, has always been, does not change... IF something within the OT contradicts that law... its not the law... its as simple as that

And there is really nothing within the OT that shows that so called god loves anything but himself

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Here is what I believe:

I believe in One God the Father Almighty, the Maker of Heaven and Earth and of all things both visible and invisible.
I believe in One Lord,Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the only Begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages,
Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not made, of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made,
who for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became Man,
He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was buried and on the third day rose again according to the Scriptures,
He ascended into Heaven where He is seated at the right hand of the Father, and shall come again with glory, to judge the living and the dead, and His Kingdom shall have no end,
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spake by the Prophets,
and I believe in One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church,
I confess One Baptism for the Remission of sins,
I look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the age to come.
Amen.

This is the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed which the Faith that I confess follows,

I am a member of the Holy Eastern Orthodox Catholic Christian Church, specifically under jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church,

God bless

Yeah i believe all that as well, cept I also believe we will be measured by the fruit (works) of the Spirit we display (love)

The book of straw 2:26

I think that to many Christians get lost in words and lose the message, not that I am saying that about you.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Thats not what Jesus said. He didnt say the Law of Love. He referenced the Law and the Prophets who held the Law. He said not one jot or tittle of the written Law would pass. He was talking about the recorded OT Law observed by OT Prophets. That much is obvious.

The Law applied to sinners only. Jesus was not a sinner.

Then you make him a liar... because he broke those laws...

He did not break the law of love....in fact he led by example, which is not what the OT god did...

His rule was "do what I say, not what I do"

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Where was the perfect creation

You're living it...

What law will humanity be judged by

The law of Love of course, the actions within this life time, or lack there of...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You've been on here for years spreading the same falsehoods and heresies all along, according to the True Proverb and Wisdom of God:

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

I'm going to remember you in my prayers Akragon, maybe God will enlighten you if you're open to it... I have a bad feeling though you're going to remain in your delusion. Lord have mercy

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Judge me however you will...

Nothing new coming from Christians...

And I've been called much worse then Heretic by the followers of your religion

By the way, I can't be a heretic... I am not part of your flock

Nor have I ever claimed to be

edit on 22-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Sorry but it's what comes to mind when I read verses like that.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I dont think you even read my reply. Jesus replaced the written Law with the higher Law of Love. The Law of Love is freedom. The OT Law was to keep sinners in line. Jesus was not a sinner, so He was free to live the Law of Love.

Before Jesus, the Law of Love could only be observed in conjuction with the atonment rites. When Jesus died, sin was removed from obstructing the Law of Love. Anyone who is born again is free to practice the Law of Love as Jesus did.

Jesus is the Light of the world. Lovers of sin hate the Light. Therefore Jesus was without sin. John 3.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

My apology then, admonitions given to unbeliever differ from those which are supposed to be given to heretics,

Don't take what I'm saying as a judgement from me about your person, I'm simply debating your doctrine and views with you,

Whether you believe it or not, I'd give you the last dollar in my wallet, I'd take a bullet for you, I'd give you the shirt off my back or anything you asked for, and I do love you.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I dont think you even read my reply. Jesus replaced the written Law with the higher Law of Love. The Law of Love is freedom. The OT Law was to keep sinners in line. Jesus was not a sinner, so He was free to live the Law of Love.

Before Jesus, the Law of Love could only be observed in conjuction with the atonment rites. When Jesus died, sin was removed from obstructing the Law of Love. Anyone who is born again is free to practice the Law of Love as Jesus did.

Jesus is the Light of the world. Lovers of sin hate the Light. Therefore Jesus was without sin. John 3.

Quoted for Truth!

The Law and Prophets were in effect until John the Baptist, since then the Kingdom of God has been preached and all men press into it!

The Law was a prefiguring of good things to come, Christ is the fulfillment of that Law, full of Grace and Truth.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

He didn't replace anything... the law of love has always been, and always will be...

The reason he needed to come in the first place was because people did not know God, or the love of God...

They did not know mercy because of what is written within the laws you treasure...

the OT was rendered obsolete once Jesus came... which is why its the OLD testament..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I wish I could be a heretic, but that would require me to claim to be Christian. And that's something I opted out of a while ago. But I'm still a blaspheming unbelieving heathen (happily so), so by all means, spew your hate on me. Let's see some of Jesus' undying love at work through his fanbase. Let's see if you can impress me more than the sinners I have so much fun with.

edit on 22-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Wait a minute... You claim Jesus is God and then warn people not to blaspheme God because it's an insult to Jesus, it doesn't make sense from the very beginning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join