It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann at Benfica match

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

I can find images and videos of girls who are 11 years old who look younger than 11, and videos of girls that are 11 who look older.

I'm not wasting any more time arguing about the age of the girl in the image because it's meaningless guesswork.

Maybe if we can get actual video footage of the crowd this girl was spotted in we'll be in a better position to guage her age more accurately, even then it won't be conclusive.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
a reply to: nerbot

...I see girls int he street that look older than they are and younger than they are...

How do you know how old the girls you see in the street are? do you ask them all as you walk past?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's exactly the point...I don't know and didn't claim to.

I do know people, young and old...who don't look their age, presumably you're disputing that fact?

Perhaps there is a counter of some sort that is displayed somewhere on the human body that I am unaware of, as I'm the only one who apparently can't tell someones age with any degree of accuracy by looking at an image...I do apologise.

Please teach me your secrets.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I still don't see how people are able to guage the age of the girl in the picture

i dont know how other people would do it, but i use my eyes.
A smart reply?
You bet. If you OP cant see that the girl in the photo is younger than eleven you're either trolling or need glasses.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Does the girl in the video I posted look older than the girl in the image I posted?

I don't think she does, but as I said,it'd be easier to compare if I could get video footage of the girl at the foolball match, why are people so reluctant to admit they don't know the age of the girl in the image...when they obviously don't?

the ironic thing is the huge DENY IGNORANCE signature at the footer of your post...lol very much,.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just to chime in on the age issue.

Child malnutrition can cause kids to look younger than they are, as it slows down growth.

So in maddies case, age should only be used as a reference point and not as a fact, as nobody knows how she is being treated.

Anyway, that said I do not believe this to be Maddie

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

That's right...I don't know the age of the girl in the image.

I really don't...I can guess, I can guess lot's of things...and be wrong.

I'm not saying she is 11, nor am I saying she in't...I'm stating the obvious, which nobody should have to do...multiple...times - I don't KNOW.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is no uniform template for an 11 year old girl, you could line 100 11 year old girls up in a line and they'd all look different, isn't this an absolute fact?

Do all 11 year old girls look 11 years old? I'm not trolling, I think people continually pushing the same absurd statements over and over despite the fact that is pure conjecture is trolling.

To me, she looks no younger than the girl in the video I posted above...clear evidence in itself that an 11 year old girl can look younger than 11...why are people fixating on this despite the fact that I've several times now pointed out the ridiculous nature of these absurd claims that the girl int he photo is younger than 11?

That isn't even the point of the thread, not only this, but I've stated numerous times now that I am NOT saying the girl is maddie...yet the same tired line of making bold claims in a matter of fact fashion continue.

Numerous alleged sightings of maddie over the years and very few follow ups, parents coming out making statements like the one made in regards to this sighting...it's not her but keep looking, we're sure she's alive!

I created this thread to start an interesting discussion about not only this sighting, but the case in general...and all I get is...quite frankly, idiotic assertions and absolute claims by people who do not know the girl in the picture from Adam...they know what age she is but that's all...and that deny ignorance signature offends me at the bottom of some of your posts.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Does the girl in the video I posted look older than the girl in the image I posted?

Significantly! There is quite an age difference between the two girls.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Lol, alright - the girl in the picture is younger than 11, we've concluded that.

Glad to see the collective reasoning that ATS once prided itself on is still being put to great use by its patrons. I think this thread can now be laid to rest.

The thread went from being about the Madeleine McCann case, with a specific incident as a point of focus, and concluded with us amicably clearing up a dispute about the age of an unknown girl in a still image.

And that's that, have a good day.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So you reckon whoever has her is stupid enough to take her to a footie match for all the world to see!

unlikely....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Yes, I think that...I clearly made that exact statement numerous times, I also stated the girl in this image is definitely Madeleine McCann, and is definitely 11 years old.

You know that, because you read the entire thread, right?

Lol.

Stop trying to throw the thread off, it';s not about the age of the girl in the photo, nor did I at any point claim it was her, the funny thing is I've been told I need glasses, yet few of you seem to have read what I've clearly written a number of times.

You think I think someone "has" her? You don't know what I think, because I never stated either way. You, like others who ...ahem, contributed to this thread, apparently read the OP then immediately hit reply and typed the first thing that came into your head.

Apparently some of you are all knowing, you know the age of the girl in the picture, you know that maddie is being held by captors...you know her captors aren't stupid enough to take her out in public and you know what I think about the case.

I admire your ability to disguise your assertions as questions. Of all the people who contributed to this thread about 5% were constructive, the rest was idiotic mud slinging, guess work and flat out trolling.

And I still can't find the video footage that still image has been taken from. Maybe if some of you applied some constructive ability you might have found that, did any of you even look?: Or even have the presence of mind to realise that it might actually convince me the girl in the image is "significantly" younger than 11?

Nah, too busy basing your conclusions on what you think, the exact opposite of whit this site is about.

This thread is over, i future, you should read a thread and actually understand what it's about before responding.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've been seen Madelaine Mcann on the news for months, my personal analisis was the parents did it, and i'm sorry but doesn't look like her. I also believe that she is dead since then. But is just my opinion
edit on 0395631x0000003506pm531 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That's exactly the point...I don't know and didn't claim to.

Yes, you did claim to know.

If you say you see girls who are older or younger than they look then how do you know their age in the first place to judge that?

Me thinks you said something in haste and in error.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No need to get offended.

I did read the entire thread, so let me be blunt.

You have now confused me..... what are you trying to say? Do you or dont you believe this is Maddy?

If you DO believe it her - further analysis needed, but most probably wrong (based on common sense)

IF you DONT believe it her - then why make this thread? are you interested in technical specifics of video capture during match highlights?

I simply dont get what you are trying to achieve here!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That's totally absurd for a number of reasons - firstly, even if I did say that, it's completely irrelevant to the subject of this thread.

Secondly, I can give you a perfect example that I've seen girls who look younger than their age, my sister and my neice - you seem to have added the part where I supposedly claimed the girls I was referring to were strangers to me...even then, it's still an absurd argument.

For one obvious reason...you mostly always learn someone's age after you meet them...I do, at least...be they old ladies or young girls. say, for example, I bump into an old friend from my childhood and he has a daughter, one might ask what age she is...reasonable enough?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well, I don't really know, it's other people passing the image around on social networking sites, etc - I actually can't even see any flaw in the eye of the girl spotted at the match if I'm totally honest, I don't think it's a clear enough image - just looks a bit blurry..

But people saw it live, and got screenshots, yet I can;t find footage the screenshot is taken from. I just want to see the footage.

People seem to have fixated on the age of the girl in the picture...I think still images can be quite deceptive - seeing people move, their expressions, etc can be more telling. But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that we can't always accurately determine someones age just from a single still photograph.

There have been a few sightings in the past where groups of people claimed to have seen Madeleine, and it was just sort of dismissed...seems they're dismissing this based on the eye flaw and the fact that she apparently doesn't look 11...I want to see the video. compared to the bearded, grown man to her right she could be quite tall, assuming she isn't standing in the row behind, slightly higher, which is possible it's at the proper angle given the direction they're facing - on the flip side he looks quite close to her, almost casting a shadow, or trick of the light?

Some people believe it's her, some don't...I never really said either way what I think, I just think the video footage could rule it in or out once and for all, instead of a picture.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join