It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann at Benfica match

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Before I start with the meat of this thread, I'll begin with the usual apologies and excuse making.

Firstly, not at all sure where to put this thread, I suppose some people believe the Madeleine McCann situation is a conspiracy, so I put the thread here - if there's a more appropriate forum for this thread, please move.

Secondly, I can not find the search facility to verify that this has already been discussed here...where is it? I've looked everywhere, am I being stupid? I'll assume I'm being an idiot, given the current attitude of the majority of ATS users these days, someone will probably tell me I'm an idiot in no uncertain terms, but I cannot find it anywhere...a search facility that cannot be found, how ironic!

Ok, a week or so ago people started to report seeing a girl who looked like Madeleine at the Benfica football match, not being a fan of the game I never noticed this, but it's doing the rounds online...

www.101greatgoals.com...

What I want is to find the actual footage this still image was taken from, but can't seem to locate it, so if anyone can find that and post a link I'd very much appreciate that.

I read an odd quote regarding this story, in a tabloid...so it can't be verified as being accurate, but still quite odd. - here's the quote:

However, a source close to the McCann family said although the girl in the photo bore some resemblance to images of how Madeleine might look now, the apparent flaw was in the wrong eye.

Madeleine's defect - a dark strip on the iris - was in her right eye; the girl in the crowd's appears to be in the left one. "What is encouraging is that it shows everyone is still looking for Madeleine," said a friend of the McCanns.

"That will give her family great strength."

Here's a source where the quote can be found: www.nzherald.co.nz...

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the parents (apparently) are so quick to dismiss the possibility based on the flaw in Maddie's eye?

I also find it odd that they added the family find it encouraging that people still think she's alive, it gives them great strength...why? If they're happy that the public are looking then why so dismissive based on a still image? Images can be reversed...which is why I want the footage the still was taken from.

They also seem not to have considered surgery...if someone abducted Maddie and kept her alive, surely they'd do or at least try to do something to hide such a unique feature. I don't know what to make of this, it certainly does look like what one would expect the little maddie to look like when she'd gained a few years - also note the Benfica are a Portuguese team, I'd like to see which "end" this girl is in...is she in the benfica end with the other benfica fans? I'm not saying I think it's her, but I find it quite odd that the parents are so dismissive of this based on a still image alone...not the reaction you'd expect from parents searching for their long lost child when when such a compelling likeness is seen by so many.

And don't seem to consider the fact that whoever took her might have tried to disguise her distinguishing features anyway, that and the fact that they're happy that people seem so adamant that the girl is still alive, because it means they believe that the majority don't suspect them of foul play...it's all pretty odd, I want to see that footage.

edit on 22-5-2014 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2014 by samerulesapply because: I'm an idiot

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If they're happy that the public are looking then why so dismissive based on a still image?

Because the girl in that picture is clearly not Medeleine..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The resemblance is striking, but I don't think it's her. I don't believe her captors would be that arrogant and stupid to put her out in the open like that, with most of the western world knowing the story and would notice her. That being said, I wouldn't underestimate neither the arrogance or stupidity of most of humanity.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Atzil321

Ok...I'm not disputing that, but I'd like to know by which means you were able to reach such an absolute and definite conclusion?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The thing you are looking for is located right top corner. It's the icon of a magnifier, just besides the envelope icon for the e-mails.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

Ahaaaaa! Thankyou, it was hiding behind some app with facebook and twitter icons, etc...I knew I was an idiot all along.

In all sincerity, thanks, I appreciate that.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the parents (apparently) are so quick to dismiss the possibility based on the flaw in Maddie's eye?

They also seem not to have considered surgery...if someone abducted Maddie and kept her alive, surely they'd do or at least try to do something to hide such a unique feature.

And don't seem to consider the fact that whoever took her might have tried to disguise her distinguishing features anyway...

I don't find it odd at all. It's a fairly distinctive feature for identity purposes.

I agree that there is always the possibility that an image can be flipped, but I think it is highly unlikely for that to be the case when filming something like a sporting event. Still, it seems perfectly reasonable to see the clip in its entirety to at least rule it out.

As for the issue of using surgery to disguise the distinguishing feature - in this case the defect in her eye. I'm not an expert on such things, but could such (purely cosmetic) surgery be done at all?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Age would put that little girl out of it I'm sure.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I know what you mean, I thought about that.

I'm not really sure to be honest, ATS is great for finding things like that out, though.

For me, the only really odd thing is the dismissive attitude of the parents...and others. Nobody, as far as I am aware...has seen Madeleine since 2007...she'd be 11 now, kids grow and change a lot over 7 years...yet people can say with such a high degree of certainty that it is not her...I can't see how.

There were similar rumours going around a few years ago, again, people said they saw a girl who resembled Madeleine, again - at a football match. But I don't recall any pictures.

Just to add, I also doubt the game was filmed in reverse...but I've only seen, to date, a still image, which could be reversed, not sure who took it or propagated it, they may have done it unwittingly, I just think it's quite interesting. I'm quite into the case and have been for a while, I think things are going to develop, or am at least hoping they will, over the coming months as the investigation has been stepped up a gear. More searches of the scene being done, etc.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

The girl in that picture does not look 11 years old.

Common sense makes it obvious it isn't Madeline Mcann

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

I know what you mean, I thought about that.

I'm not really sure to be honest, ATS is great for finding things like that out, though.

Oh, I don't think there's anything wrong with checking the footage - if nothing else for peace of mind. I don't think you would find anything, but that's not a reason not to do it just in case.

A little bit of googling suggests that the eye problem is something called a "colomba", which is an actually gap in the eye and cannot be corrected with surgery. Contact lenses can help mask it, though you then have the issue of convincing a young child to wear them.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

What age does she look? Is this how this sort of thing is to be analysed, then?

I don't look my age, never did...I see girls int he street that look older than they are and younger than they are...I'd appreciate your point if the girl in the puicture was clearly an adult...but she's not.

I like how people deal in absolutes with zero basis for their claims...she doesn't look much older than 11 to me, it's impossible to say what age she is from a picture.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ah, some constructive input...that's more like it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Please, I'd like an answer on the age comments...the girl in the picture could easily be either side of 11, I can not put a definite age to the face.

I hope that's not the reasoning being employed by the McCanns, it clearly isn't her...that girl looks 10...or 12...say what?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They also seem not to have considered surgery...if someone abducted Maddie and kept her alive, surely they'd do or at least try to do something to hide such a unique feature.

By creating a similar feature in the other eye? Why not just remove the original one and leave it at that?

And to my mind that girl looks much younger than 11.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

That isn't the point I was making....

First, I'll clarify AGAIN - I am NOT saying this is maddie, I thought I made this clear, the thing I find odd more than anything is the perents apparent attritude towards alleged sightings, and how they're dismissive of them based on what they klnow of maddie when she was 7 years younger.

Is this still ATS?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Also...I still don't see how people are able to guage the age of the girl in the picture, I can't...she doesn't look much younger than 11 to me.

I have a neice who is 10 and she looks no younger than the girl in this image...I like hoe people just "know" without actually knowing anything.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, if I saw a girl that appears to have only aged about three or four years instead of seven years, and (if she has an eye defect at all and it isn't just a reflection) has it in the other eye, I think I would be dismissive. Seriously that girl looks no more than 8, tops.

I think a parent would likely recognise their own child even after all that time.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We can play a game if you like, I'll post some pictures of people I know and you guys can tell me what age they are....

I always looked young for my age, I'm in my 30's and still get ID'd for alcohol, most of my family are small and look younger than they are.

I can't tell anyone's age with any great accuracy, I can only guess.

I'm in no position to verify the age of the girl, or if she's who thousands of people passing these images about think she is, and it's not really the point of the thread.

Very few [people logically investigate on ATS any more, people just derail, dismiss and claim they know facts that nobody actually knows.

Am I the only one who's noticed this?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

That settles it then...she's no more than 8.

LOL

Fantastic, that's that settled, who's up for a game of kerplunk?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join