It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Ummm...after reading your linked story...it appears that the "courtesy and common sense"......lack were on the part of the loss prevention security person......the original "Californian" complainant and the police...Especially the police...
I find it simply magical how the store security footage also "mysteriously" malfunctioned for those few seconds immediately following the murder of the young man by the gestapo.......funny that.............Huh?

A veritable.......collusion...of events........don't you think?

YouSir

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Absolutely my friend. It is hard to believe in all the coincidences. The whole thing, from start to finish, was a fiasco. If ever a basis for a conspiracy theory, I think this would be it. I commented earlier that this has not been forgotten by a group of veterans here. I ride with the Patriot Riders and we have taken it to our Congressman for action. It is so fishy it stinks.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

Its probably been said but what if the gunmen couldnt read, they wouldnt have known

That is a funny story, made me laugh

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Everyone is a law abiding citizen until they are not.

Guns just make it easier and faster to do the damage they wish to do.

Tell me when a gun owner stops a supposed massacre..does it matter to the families of the already dead?

It would matter a lot to the families of the not already dead.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Unless everyone working there had a gun I wouldn't really feel comfortable with 1 person pulling a gun on 3 criminals. Might just get us all killed.

It also says they came in through the back. Which means they could have just as easily caught the person holding off guard.

I def think having a sign like that is pretty stupid but I don't think its really an indication of anything. It just as easily could have happened if the sign wasn't there, or if someone did have a carry. Or gone much worse.

Now if it was 1 masked man I'd def feel comfortable knowing someone on my side has a gun.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've been thinking a lot about situations like that lately. I recently applied for my CCW, in fact i have to go up to the sheriffs department tomorrow to pick it up. Not everyone has the proper mindset to carry a firearm responsibly and i don't think everyone should carry one either. Its a personal choice. Its also a personal choice to not walk into places who try to take those choices away from me by banning firearms from their establishments.

This business made a choice to tell law abiding citizens to please not carry inside the establishment. Those 2 employees who were assaulted might have still gotten assaulted even if firearms where allowed. Your not always in a safe position to pull that trigger, or maybe you knew there's no way you could reach it and line up your target before they noticed you, or any number of reasons.

But lets face some facts here for a second. If multiple people who carried a firearm were inside that establishment during that assault/robbery, the chances of one of them being in a position to line up a target and help to protect innocent civilians from harm would be a hell of a lot higher.

Now ok some people will say those who have guns and could of used them if they were able still shouldn't do so because that's what the cops are for. I call bullsh*t on that. The cops response time to a call normally is about 2-3 minutes, sometimes longer or shorter depending. Most robberies or violent crimes take much less then that from start to finish. I have a lot of respect for good officers, but they can't be everywhere all the time. A business telling a criminal there's no chance of another gun being present besides your own is just plain stupid, lets be honest about it.

We passed our background checks, passed our course, passed our target score, spent a lot of money (for me anyway) on a gun, permit, background check, ammo, classes, holsters, clothing to carry properly, range time to stay accurate, time to do all these things just to make sure they are done right and we are responsible firearm owners and carriers. Now this business is telling me all that isn't worth jack sh*t to them? That's fine that's their right as an American. But its also my right as another American to not patronize those businesses and I'll gladly take my hard earned dollars and go spend it somewhere else.

IMHO this business is responsible for everyone who was traumatized or harmed in this robbery because they decided that someone with a concealed firearm (for those who don't own dictionaries, concealed means you can't see it) was bad for business. I can't believe how uninformed some people are. My two guns i keep at home have not once jumped up and just started shooting all my themselves. It takes a human to pull that trigger and a human makes a choice on the reasoning behind that action.

sorry for the rant, but as i said, this has been on my mind a lot lately and stories like that really burn my as* because not all crime is preventable, but a lot of can be deterred by the actions of law abiding citizens.
But common sense has to take over sometime for these anti-gun people.
edit on 22-5-2014 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I first learned to shoot at age 10.
I went to a NRA junior rifle club shooting range every weekend.
At 18 i joined the navy and in boot camp i shot a 495 out of a posable 500 at the range the high score for the month.

I also shot on a navy shooting team against marines at Camp Pendleton.
That part was fun as the marine gunny's chewed out there guys because a navy sailor was out shooting them.

I have friends that have gun stores with signs on the door
"CCW permit holders welcome"
No one has ever tried to rob them.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ironically, this just came across on my home web site. It is from May 13th.

One man is dead and another in jail after they robbed a man on Monday evening.According to officers, the man who was robbed said he pulled out his personal gun after he was pistol whipped by the suspect and shot him.

Homeowner shoots, kills man after attempted armed robbery

edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Oh what a very American discussion!
And the rest of the civilised world looks at your gun crime rate, and shakes it's collective head.

This is not the rest of the world. What is your point?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

And the rest of the civilised world looks at your gun crime rate, and shakes it's collective head.

It's kind of like having to explain a joke..if you have to, then the recipient was not about to get it in the first place so why bother. But thanks for your interest, eh?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I have to ask. Do you fear weapons?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

I have to ask. Do you fear weapons?

Always funny when a gun owner asks this question..when it is they, who seems to live in constant fear the boogy man is out to get them around every corner..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Most certainly not. I fear you are grossly mistaken, at least in my case. The reason I asked is that Freud had some excellent theories about those who fear or loath firearms. The only things I truly fear are our government, pandemic, and the death of one of my children.
edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: grammar

edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

It's kind of like having to explain a joke..if you have to, then the recipient was not about to get it in the first place so why bother. But thanks for your interest, eh?

Or, perhaps the joke teller just wasn't that funny!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

They say its us gun owners that are the ones afraid.........

Yet its them that are screaming the loudest and freaking out that if soeone carries a gun bad things are going to happen!

I find it comical they dont see the irony and hypocrisy in their own statements.......

That being said, there are hundreds of videos every week on the internet, and stories in the news of Law Enforcement Officers, using excessive force and shooting someone , killing someone, or their animals......our computers , TVs and airwaves have the stories every day........

Yet its the civilians that the liberals are worried about carrying weapons? Makes ya wonder why doesnt it?

Makes you wonder why they cant see how illogical it is........

Show me the ratio of legal right to carry gun owners doing something stupid and killing someone, compared to the stories of Police officers, or crazy people with illegal firearms killing someone......

The percentage is much much much lower....

They talk about facts and figures to push their own agendas, but they dont like using them when they fly in the face of their ideology

Now if youll pardon me, I need to keep an eye on my pistol on my night stand, im afraid it might jump up and shoot me....

edit on 5/22/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Everyone is a law abiding citizen until they are not.

Guns just make it easier and faster to do the damage they wish to do.

Tell me when a gun owner stops a supposed massacre..does it matter to the families of the already dead?

Once the threat is eliminated how can that be determined?

Do we ask the dead offender if he wished to cause further loss of life?

The most dangerous weapon is ignorance. Yet you bring up the death of innocent victims in rebuttal?

Shame on you.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I wonder if he's able to admit his little sign was a bad idea.

I tend to avoid places with "no guns" signs, as a rule. Seems prudent.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
*snip*

I know the vast majority of gun control laws do nothing, because they only hurt responsible citizens. The focus needs to be on making guns harder to get for those we all agree should not have them.

*snip*

~Tenth

Well, the gun running operations the government is involved in would have to stop. I don't think I will hold my breath! Can't see them cutting off their own funds.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Technically, the title of the article is incorrect. it should read "burglary", since the place was closed at the time. An open gun store would be a quite different target.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: jhn7537
I would have to say no. But I would think that having that sign was most definitely an "advertisement" for criminals.

So the lesson here should be, If you want to be a gun free zone, that is your right, but it may not be the smartest move to advertise that fact.

Nope, they CAN'T do that! If they were to do that they would be admitting guns make them safer! And that just wouldn't go down well with their deluded world view...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join