It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
dupe post
edit on 2014-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Or, as theantediluvian stated, wingnuts.

edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's all well and good for you, I am glad you feel safe. I live in New Mexico and have had my .45 on my lap while in my truck at LEAST three times, most recently when a ganbanger was bashing on my window with brass knuckles, threatening me. No, I do not go to 'bad' areas of town, no, I do not road rage on anyone or instigate anything. I have never let anyone know I had it, but I was prepared to use it if they decided to escalate. The fact that I maintained a confident posture probably let them know that they'd be making a mistake. This crap happens here, and not just to me.

edit on 22-5-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Oh what a very American discussion!
And the rest of the civilised world looks at your gun crime rate, and shakes it's collective head.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
As we look at your medical situation and shake ours.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
Yup...got my prostate cancer cured for $32 out of pocket (hospital parking, eh?) and our standard of living is at least as good as yours. Yup...damn disgrace our medical system.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

So are we supposed to assume that if they didn't have that sign they wouldn't have been robbed?

Not at all. Rather that having the sign did not prevent it.

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So the prevailing wisdom here is that if you want to have a gun free environment, you're being an idiot because some ahole with a gun WILL eventually come in and shoot the place up?

Sounds a bit circular if you ask me.

Not at all. But you ARE an idiot if you think posting a sign will prevent it. Both of you, perhaps willfully, fail to understand the issue. Declaring a "gun free zone" does only one thing well. It declares that you don't have a gun. If you think you've covered your bases by posting such a sign, you're delusional. That doesn't mean you WILL be robbed at gunpoint. On the other hand, someone so incline will probably not be worried about facing an armed proprietor either. But if you had a sign that said,

"This premises guarded by Smith & Wesson three days per week. You guess which three."

Perhaps a would-be robber might think twice. Of course, robbers may not be literate or into reading signs, so neither sign is much of a guarantee of anything, but all things being equal and hoping for a literate robber, which sign do you think might at least have a chance of deterring a crime?

a) No guns in here!
b) We're armed in here!

edit on 5/22/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I won't debate the fact that, yes, the restaurant would of probably not been cherry picked for a robbery if it wasn't for displaying their commitment to have no guns in the place.

But looking on the bright side : No one got killed.
I mean, it's just money, people have insurances to cover that while lives are irredeemable.

I understand the right to bear arms and all...but seriously, it's a double edged sword and I personally would rather live in a world where nothing had to be cut, so to speak. I would rather live in a gun free earth that's for sure...

However, I will still side with people for the right to bare arms!
...all we need now is a magical world with only good, smart and empathic people and we will have no more gun problems!

Where's my AK!?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

Wh ha what? Medical situation?!

Far from perfect but...
ROFL, at least we aren't forced to buy CORPORATE medical insurances from a fascist law.
edit on 22-5-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yup...got my prostate cancer cured for $32 out of pocket (hospital parking, eh?) and our standard of living is at least as good as yours. Yup...damn disgrace our medical system.

Yep, mine was free from the VA. Off topic we are getting.
Cheers

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Some of us are, yes. Not me nor my spouse.
My apologies for going off topic. No thread drift.
edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

They should have made the sign bigger, and in many different languages.....and put the words in red with underlining.

Does anyone know if the workers pointed out the sign to the criminals?

These idiots should have instllalled a smorgasbord, then the bandits would have known the rules!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The irony is obvious.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Look I am all for guns I own plenty of them and concealed carry, but lets put this article into perspective.

Here is the self picks from the yahoos at the Chipotle restaurant. It seems all the other visible customers in the background finished their meals and were leaving...I guess.

To me and maybe it is just me but when I see someone with a holstered pistol or notice a concealed one that doesn't bother me in the slightest however if I saw two or three guys walking into a restaurant while I was eating with semi auto rifles such as these guys did I don't think I would stick around. That does depend a lot on their demeanor to an extent. In the pictures case the guy with the sunglasses on inside isn't helping matters.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I agree. This is NOT productive. I as well collect arms and carry CCW, but these 2 yahoos are totally out of their minds. Lot of good they do for legitimate folks.
edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: Added comment

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

I have a CCW and carry most of the time but it is really about common sense and common curtesy which doesn't seem all that common anymore.

There are plenty of times that I leave it locked in my car when I go into some places especially Costco. Like when I am at the VA or go into the bank I just don't need it everywhere I go. My father was funny though when I would go visit he would be carrying while lounging around the house it became a part of him. There were more than a few times he was asked at places to please put it in his car like at the hospital. He would just say "opps sorry OK will be right back".

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

As it should be. Courtesy and common sense. On that same note, a graduate of West Point with a CCW was at Costco here in Las Vegas and a woman went to the manager complaining that she saw a weapon on the man and was afraid (not to be snide, but she was from California). The police responded, took him outside, he became agitated, got stupid, and was shot and killed.

Common sense, courtesy.

Man Shot and Killed
edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: added source

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Why do you think I said I wouldn't carry in Costco.

BTW the coverup on that was a definite conspiracy. It was just amazing how the video cameras were not working that day.

I tried to get people interested in it on here, but I guess if it isn't a global meltdown disappearing aircraft type of conspiracy people just don't have any interest in it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Rest assured, it has not been forgotten by a group of veterans here. Things are still being pressed by them going up to our Congressman.

EDIT: By the way, the local FBI said they could not get involved. Typical
edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: Added comment

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: totallackey
I do not own a gun. See no need. The reason I see no need is there is nothing on this planet that cannot or will not be replaced. The reason people who do not hunt have guns is because they have bought into the whole bogus value system foisted upon us by stupid people...

Ummm...including yourself of course...I mean...with the "can't be replaced"...part...........right? And your children /spouse/family...especially.............please correct me if I somehow reached an incorrect assumption as per your statement that I italicized and bolded........if I may be so bold...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join