It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I was just pointing out that it does not matter whether a business is armed. If a criminal wants to take from you...they will..regardless of how well armed you are.

They just may do it when your not around, not paying attention..etc.

GENIUS..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Didn't they focus on making drugs harder to get as well?

That worked out.... didn't it?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: totallackey
I do not own a gun. See no need. The reason I see no need is there is nothing on this planet that cannot or will not be replaced. The reason people who do not hunt have guns is because they have bought into the whole bogus value system foisted upon us by stupid people...

Remember that after you lose a friend or child or family member to a criminal, its not a big deal, they can just be replaced right?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

I'm a gun owner, not a gun victim. I would not give that business the time of day nor any of my money. Plenty of other places I can eat

My local WalMart just put up signs that prohibit firearms in the store. So if someone gets shot, can WalMart be sued for wrongful death because they prevented CCW holders from bringing their guns in and potentially averting such an incident? I say it's possible.

Places like these really need to rethink their policies before something happens and they get taken to the woodshed for a fat stack.

Any business or corporation has the right to designate their location a gun free zone, that is their right just like it's my right as a lawful owner and CCW permit holder to understand and respect the rules and regulations given to me. With that said I probably wouldn't shop at that walmart because as we all know that place is FULL of crazy people :p

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
There's only one recourse.

Train everyone above the age of 5yo ( from kindergarden on) to the use of handguns and legislate every American citizen above the age of 14 to 'open carry' a firearm.

8 years of training should suffice to separate the law abiding wheat from the criminal chaff.

That's cool but I don't like guns at all, what about chainsaws?, to be fair I should be allowed to open carry a chainsaw with me, so if I happen to be in the middle of a robbery I could take care of the bad guys leatherface style

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Everyone is a law abiding citizen until they are not.

Guns just make it easier and faster to do the damage they wish to do.

Tell me when a gun owner stops a supposed massacre..does it matter to the families of the already dead?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
There's only one recourse.

Train everyone above the age of 5yo ( from kindergarden on) to the use of handguns and legislate every American citizen above the age of 14 to 'open carry' a firearm.

8 years of training should suffice to separate the law abiding wheat from the criminal chaff.

Yeah let's arm teenagers and children..
..these are the same people who constantly make the best decisions in life..

edit on 22-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I still love the story about the two law abiding citizens who opened fire on one another...and both ended up dead.

These are same type of people who wanted the wild wild west and got it...

(post by Onslaught2996 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
deleted because I messed up the quote
edit on 5221414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Maybe she is trying to make up for the lack of a manly figure in her life.

If you can;t depend on your man to protect ladies...get a gun..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Yep, you got it. She stupidly married a retired Army Ranger who is a firearms safety instructor on contract to the military. Guess again petunia.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

originally posted by: totallackey
I do not own a gun. See no need. The reason I see no need is there is nothing on this planet that cannot or will not be replaced. The reason people who do not hunt have guns is because they have bought into the whole bogus value system foisted upon us by stupid people...

Remember that after you lose a friend or child or family member to a criminal, its not a big deal, they can just be replaced right?

What difference does it make how my friend, child, or family member is lost? I am focusing on the loss, not how they were lost. Technically, my son is lost to me, due to sever mental retardation and autism. I lost my mother 8 years ago to cancer. Do I pull a gun on medicine or lack thereof?

And I am old enough to understand the world is dangerous enough without a bunch of armed thugs running around acting like they have a claim on whatever they see...

Honestly, I am all for the individual to do what they see fit, insofar as it does not impinge on another individual.

That does not stop the other asshole from doing whatever they want to whoever they want...any individual makes up their mind to do something, they are gonna do it...If a guy with a well calibrated .223 wants to take you out, I do not care how many guns you are carrying at that moment...you are going down if the guy is really out to get you...

The real question is how anyone ever got caught up in the nonsense of feeling that money or other mundane things is worth more than a human life. That is some outright bull#...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

One my personal favorites.....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: freedomSlave
Having a firearm does give special abilities.
Some choose to use it and some do not!
But when carrying a gun situational awareness is always heightened, responsible people understand the burden.

That's right folks, having a gun will make you a hyper-vigilant super hero.

And not having one will make you what?

Defenseless, THAT'S what.

The problem as I see it is that you're afraid of everything. This is as ridiculous as anti-gun people being irrationally afraid of mass shootings. I'm in my late 30's, I grew up in the GA and I've lived in NJ for the last 16-17 years. These states have COMPLETELY different laws (and views) on firearms and yet I've never gone out in public in fear for my life in EITHER.

Please give me the source for your wildly misinterpreted statistics on mass shootings:

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33

I'm not even anti-gun, I'm anti-wingnut. Both of my brothers carry their guns everywhere but they would never make statements like this:

My local WalMart just put up signs that prohibit firearms in the store. So if someone gets shot, can WalMart be sued for wrongful death because they prevented CCW holders from bringing their guns in and potentially averting such an incident? I say it's possible.

Places like these really need to rethink their policies before something happens and they get taken to the woodshed for a fat stack.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm not even anti-gun, I'm anti-wingnut.

You should save that for a signature line...LMAO!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have to agree with totallackey, that is classic.

link   
a reply to: grey580

you think guns are comparable to drugs?

are you aware how much money is spent producing various illegal substances, vs how much they sell for?

also; I would like to see you take apart a rifle, put each part into a plastic baggy, and... uh "hide" each part through a security checkpoint, (swollowing or the other thing)

I'm not anti-gun either, I see that as being pointless and reactionary,

in the case of gun control it in my opinion;

"gun nuts" vs anti="gun nuts" vs "anti-gun" nuts
edit on 22-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm a gun owner, not a gun victim. I would not give that business the time of day nor any of my money. Plenty of other places I can eat

Any business or corporation has the right to designate their location a gun free zone, that is their right just like it's my right as a lawful owner and CCW permit holder to understand and respect the rules and regulations given to me. With that said I probably wouldn't shop at that walmart because as we all know that place is FULL of crazy people :p

At some point in time there needs to be a debate about what constitutes "public space". For example, just because a "private company" owns a shopping mall shouldn't necessarily allow those absentee owners to make policy that would prevent someone from defending themselves in an area where potentially thousands of members of the public could congregate at one time. Hardly feels private to me.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
NIH - Is an armed society a polite society? Guns and road rage. (2006)

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
While concerns about road rage have grown over the past decade, states have made it easier for motorists to carry firearms in their vehicles. Are motorists with guns in the car more or less likely to engage in hostile and aggressive behavior?
METHODS:
Data come from a 2004 national random digit dial survey of over 2,400 licensed drivers. Respondents were asked whether, in the past year, they (1) made obscene or rude gestures at another motorist, (2) aggressively followed another vehicle too closely, and (3) were victims of such hostile behaviors.
RESULTS:
Seventeen percent admitted making obscene or rude gestures, and 9% had aggressively followed too closely. Forty-six percent reported victimization by each of these behaviors in the past year. Males, young adults, binge drinkers, those who do not believe most people can be trusted, those ever arrested for a non-traffic violation, and motorists who had been in a vehicle in which there was a gun were more likely to engage in such forms of road rage.
CONCLUSION:
Similar to a survey of Arizona motorists, in our survey, riding with a firearm in the vehicle was a marker for aggressive and dangerous driver behavior.

In fact, if you read the paper they found that armed drivers were 44% more likely than unarmed drivers to make obscene gestures and 77% more likely to follow another driver.

So people can be emboldened to act like aholes because they're carrying a gun? Who could have imagined that? Guns aren't the problem — irrational behavior is. I'll continue to support your right to bear arms, but don't make me regret it by acting like the world is a more dangerous place than it is and that anyone who chooses not to carry a firearm is choosing to be a victim.
edit on 2014-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join