It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Thieves take $70k in guns during robbery at gun store

Not too mention all the robberies of banks with armed guards. So tell us again..how guns stop anything..

It happened just before 5 am.

The store was CLOSED, genius. There were no armed PEOPLE in the store at the time.

As for bank robberies, I'll tell you how. The guards aren't always armed, if there even is one. Sometimes they take a customer hostage and hold a 1911 to their head whilst making demands. My sister-in-law was one of those hostages once. The robbers usually get their way.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: macman

Under my plan, there'd be no signs like that. Each and every citizen would be required by law to own a handgun.

NO SHIRT
NO GUN
NO SERVICE

I like it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

So would a "BRING YOUR GUNS!" sign have prevented it?

Most likely. The robbers would assume there were patrons who might be carrying and their risk/reward analysis would dictate they try somewhere else.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't really care about a business prohibiting guns and advertising it. They are aware of their choice and potential realities. Our schools should take a look at this practice I think.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

legislate every American citizen above the age of 14 to 'open carry' a firearm.

14???
Ypou sir/maam are high!
The human brain is still figuring out the best way to get pikachu to level 41 at that age, and struggling miserably.
I am a hardliner when it comes to my 2A, but 14 years old?
We make them wait till 18 before we let them carry a rifle in service of the king...err company...err the nation.
Open carry just pastes a target on your back that says "me first".
I conceal so I can be as underhanded as the animal that might attack me.
It also keeps the tofu eating soccer Mom's from freaking out too.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am not to sure what some people are are going about with their replies about how this could of been avoided is people were allowed to have a ccw . Like did any of you read the story outside of the thread title .

The place was robbed from the back as it was closing . Unless having a firearm gives people a special ability to detect a crime in their vicinity. These arguments are completely invalid in this case . Reasoning is completely out the window with these people can't even observe the facts right in front of them to put two and two together . you guys are awesome

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I laugh so hard whenever I see those signs outside of schools because I know they are blatant lies.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think they need live ammo for target practice right from the age of 5 on, but only under the guidance of qualified instructors. Live fire exercises by 5 year olds using Daisy's within a safe environment like an enclosed gallery is a good start. Gradually increase their firepower over the 8 years so that by the time they're 13, they can handle a .45 effectively.

As they reach their 14th birthday, male or female, the government should issue them a sidearm and force them to openly carry it whenever they're not at home.

Criminals would gradually either fade away or die.

And why would liberals oppose this plan? It would prove that natural selection is fact.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: network dude
If you saw a store with an Guns welcome sign, would you assume someone in that store, might have a weapon?

Maybe. But I wouldn't know WHO had guns... And I wouldn't shop there. Doing research on this story, I saw many people say how uncomfortable they were when walking into a restaurant to see people with guns.

I find that phenomenon puzzling. They don't bat an eyelash when they see a cop with a gun walk into a restaurant. But who are you more likely to be killed by these days?

Here's an interesting statistic that I ran across:

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33

So why would someone be uncomfortable with an armed civilian sitting next to them while they eat? They'd statistically be SAFER. Why? Because the civilian is already there, the cops probably aren't.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't really see too much that is newsworthy about this story. Establishments get robbed all the time; both those that allow guns and those that do not. Now, what will be news worthy is how this establishment reacts to being robbed....will they change their gun policy or will they simply accept the fact that sometimes people get robed regardless of how armed or unarmed their patrons are.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well well well.

This is obviously a false flag operation by the NRA.

I mean isn't that just as likely a conclusion?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If the sign had said "Staff is armed. Customers are also welcome to carry their sidearm." do you think the robbery would have even been attempted, let alone successfully carried out???

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
You do realize businesses with out such signs are robbed daily too. Way to make a ridiculous comparison and I'm a southern white male with nothing against guns.

Sure, in places where the whole county or state is a "gun-free zone" I am sure criminals feel very confident when they do a stickup.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave
Having a firearm does give special abilities.
Some choose to use it and some do not!
But when carrying a gun situational awareness is always heightened, responsible people understand the burden.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
If the sign had said "Staff is armed. Customers are also welcome to carry their sidearm." do you think the robbery would have even been attempted, let alone successfully carried out???

Awesome. So in your view our choices are what? FEMA camps or the Wild West?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If you saw a store with an Guns welcome sign, would you assume someone in that store, might have a weapon?

Maybe. But I wouldn't know WHO had guns... And I wouldn't shop there. Doing research on this story, I saw many people say how uncomfortable they were when walking into a restaurant to see people with guns.

LOL, that's the idea. If you don't know who has one, and who doesn't, it's best to assume they all do and act accordingly.

Not many doughnut stores get robbed. Why is that?

I will give you one hint, it involves the fuzz and their enthusiasm for carrying projectile weaponry.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I do not own a gun. See no need. The reason I see no need is there is nothing on this planet that cannot or will not be replaced. The reason people who do not hunt have guns is because they have bought into the whole bogus value system foisted upon us by stupid people...

link   

originally posted by: g146541
But when carrying a gun situational awareness is always heightened, responsible people understand the burden.

That's right folks, having a gun will make you a hyper-vigilant super hero.

link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

I'm a gun owner, not a gun victim. I would not give that business the time of day nor any of my money. Plenty of other places I can eat

My local WalMart just put up signs that prohibit firearms in the store. So if someone gets shot, can WalMart be sued for wrongful death because they prevented CCW holders from bringing their guns in and potentially averting such an incident? I say it's possible.

Places like these really need to rethink their policies before something happens and they get taken to the woodshed for a fat stack.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: g146541

That's right folks, having a gun will make you a hyper-vigilant super hero.

And not having one will make you what?

Defenseless, THAT'S what.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join