It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
There's only one recourse.

Train everyone above the age of 5yo ( from kindergarden on) to the use of handguns and legislate every American citizen above the age of 14 to 'open carry' a firearm.

8 years of training should suffice to separate the law abiding wheat from the criminal chaff.

Not a bad idea, necessarily, but certainly don't put live ammo in their hands until well past the age of reason and they have proven their aptitude with regard to safety rules and that sort of thing.

Now that I think about it, I actually took archery classes in middle school - in the gymnasium. We were allowed to bring our own equipment if we had it (I did).

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

They should have made the sign bigger, and in many different languages.....and put the words in red with underlining.

Does anyone know if the workers pointed out the sign to the criminals?

Seriously man???!!!

Come on man, you made spit out my wine.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thieves take $70k in guns during robbery at gun store

Not too mention all the robberies of banks with armed guards. So tell us again..how guns stop anything..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's awesome how guns seem to stop crime all together..I mean...where guns are..crime stops...oh wait...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

So you think that it is a good idea to disarm law abiding citizens so that they don't have a chance to defend themselves when armed people come and start telling them what to do just because you can produce instances where people were armed yet still rolled over? "Whelp, not everyone can defend themselves with a gun, no guns for anyone here!"

link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Sort of an impossible task, but blaming those who wish to have no guns in their environment isn't the answer.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't see it as the OP "blaming" anyone. I see it simply as standing up and recognizing the environment that you are creating and then being responsible for it. Many people don't like guns and would rather they be totally banned BUT they also recognize that isn't happening in the USA, at least for the criminals. So, what's the best position to take recognizing that criminals are going to have guns. I'm not sure what the best position is but I would say that one of the worst positions would be to post gun free zone signs on a business that is an attractive target. No its not blaming the business owner it is simply recognizing that the owner is responsible for his/her choice in the matter.

link   

So would a "BRING YOUR GUNS!" sign have prevented it?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not surprised they broke in while it was closed.

Only dead idiots walk into an open gun store and try to rob it at gun point.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

No need.

Just have the Govt actually follow the laws and the 2nd.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Not too mention all the robberies of banks with armed guards. So tell us again..how guns stop anything..

Not all crime is stopped by having citizens armed but there are a tremendous amount of crime stopped and lives protected: Armed Citizen

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

If I was a criminal, it may not have deterred me, but it certainly would make me think twice about hitting that place. Obviously the sign is not solely responsible for the robbery and an opposite sign wouldn't prevent all robberies, but it is stupid to not think that a criminal wouldn't take the sign into consideration when robbing the place.

Hypothetical here. Let's say you are a criminal and looking to rob a place. What if the sign you just mentioned was sitting in the front window of one of the places you were considering robbing, but right next door no sign exists. Which one would you want to rob more?

Same situation now we have the sign in the OP with a place next door with no sign. Which one, as a criminal, would you want to hit? The one with a SUPER high chance of not having anyone capable of firing back at you or the one that you don't know one way or the other?

I'm tired of these, "Well it wouldn't prevent 100% of the robberies," or, "that wasn't the sole reason that the place was robbed," arguments because it is trying to pretend like the sign wasn't a factor at ALL in the consideration of robbing the place. Which it likely was. Especially with all the gun rhetoric in the news these days.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You do realize businesses with out such signs are robbed daily too. Way to make a ridiculous comparison and I'm a southern white male with nothing against guns.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I think they need live ammo for target practice right from the age of 5 on, but only under the guidance of qualified instructors. Live fire exercises by 5 year olds using Daisy's within a safe environment like an enclosed gallery is a good start. Gradually increase their firepower over the 8 years so that by the time they're 13, they can handle a .45 effectively.

As they reach their 14th birthday, male or female, the government should issue them a sidearm and force them to openly carry it whenever they're not at home.

Criminals would gradually either fade away or die.

edit on 22/5/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

I guess you didn't read your article you used.

The store was robbed just before 5am. There were no armed employees on premise.

edit on 22-5-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

link   
So if I can find an example of a place of business that gets robbed that allows firearms...then that means that allowing firearms in your place of business will guarantee for you to get robbed?

Are you saying that no place of business has ever been robbed by gun point where the owner has a gun stashed somewhere???

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Show me statics reflecting robbery of businesses where people are armed, as compared to those that aren't.

Willing to bet lunch I know how that chart would look.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Interestingly, the sign out front actually has three pictures on it:

“NC State Capitol” “NC Legislative Building” and “The Pit” (the restaurant)

The statement being that the law allows guns everywhere except the State Capitol and the Legislative Building, which I find to be an extreme case of hypocrisy. The robbers entered in the back... Perhaps they didn't see the sign?

Restaurants get robbed all the time. I doubt that the absence of the sign would have made any difference. There are countless restaurants that DON'T have any such sign that have gotten robbed.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Makes you wonder if he even believes his logic or if he's just trying to force his agenda onto the sheeple.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Would you or anyone within this thread be willing to put this sign in front of your house?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

So would a "BRING YOUR GUNS!" sign have prevented it?

If you saw a store with an Guns welcome sign, would you assume someone in that store, might have a weapon?

Now, if you were a criminal, and you had a choice to rob that one, or the one that said, "no guns allowed", which one do you think would offer the least resistance?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join